VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

Dibbes
2 hours ago, JuJuJurassic said:

I set the scheduled task "Live TV - Refresh guide" going on Saturday morning, but this time I've cleared the crontab etc that turned the media server off, so it's been on since then, but it's only at 15%. 

Incidentally, the Emby server worked fine during the update, but no one watched live tv....yet... but the films played okay.

I don't mind recreating the Channels if it solves the problem, so would it be better if I just delete the VirtualTV.xml file from plugins\configurations, and restart Emby? 

In effect start from new?

Thanks

So once in a while, and this is on a Windows server, the refresh is stuck on 15% for a long time. The longest it has taken, was over 4 days... this is not a plugin issue though, as this also happens when the plugin is completely removed from the server.

JuJuJurassic
2 hours ago, Dibbes said:

So once in a while, and this is on a Windows server, the refresh is stuck on 15% for a long time. The longest it has taken, was over 4 days... this is not a plugin issue though, as this also happens when the plugin is completely removed from the server.

Hi Dibles,

It's running on an Ubuntu server, with nothing else. I guess I'll just leave it running. 🙂

I read some comments on 4.8.x, aside from all the moaning about release dates and not being very appreciative of the work being done on the upgrade, it mentioned updates to the database on 4.8.x. Do you know if these updates will solve the problem? 

Thanks

Dibbes
2 hours ago, JuJuJurassic said:

Hi Dibles,

It's running on an Ubuntu server, with nothing else. I guess I'll just leave it running. 🙂

I read some comments on 4.8.x, aside from all the moaning about release dates and not being very appreciative of the work being done on the upgrade, it mentioned updates to the database on 4.8.x. Do you know if these updates will solve the problem? 

Thanks

I don't know if it will solve it... I've been running the latest betas, installing these usually within a day of release of said beta and so once in a while it's still stuck on 15%, usually when there are a lot of delete operations pending... Unfortunately I lack the symbol file to properly debug...

Either way, keep in mind that if you try the upgrade, going back from 4.8.x to 4.7 is not an option due to these database changes...

JuJuJurassic

I left the refresh running for 5 days, but it didn't finish. Then the power flipped for 10 minutes, so emby restarted. 

Shall I remove the plug, and its xml file, and try a refresh? or has my database got problems?

Thanks

kjhedges

We really need a simple delete button per channel that will delete a channel upon request.

Dibbes
1 minute ago, JuJuJurassic said:

I left the refresh running for 5 days, but it didn't finish. Then the power flipped for 10 minutes, so emby restarted. 

Shall I remove the plug, and its xml file, and try a refresh? or has my database got problems?

Thanks

Removing the plugin will not resolve the refresh issue. It's not plugin related, it's a database refresh thing.

• Agree 1

Junglejim
35 minutes ago, Dibbes said:

Removing the plugin will not resolve the refresh issue. It's not plugin related, it's a database refresh thing.

I guess it's all about how big your db is.. 😄 or if you run a beta server?

I tested beta on my small lib's but I saw no difference.. they are very small compared to others. 😬

I'm running the stock stable release (4.7.14).

Edited by Junglejim

pünktchen
20 minutes ago, kjhedges said:

We really need a simple delete button per channel that will delete a channel upon request.

What do you expect from this? If you disable a channel, the next guide refresh will delete this channel and all associated programs.

Junglejim
2 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

What do you expect from this? If you disable a channel, the next guide refresh will delete this channel and all associated programs.

2 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Yeah, why not just disable it! You could give it a new number/name and give it a new role.. :)

kjhedges
4 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

With the current issues with the 15% hang for very long time guide refresh, my server becomes unresponsive. Whereas no-one can watch media while the refresh takes place.

I have left this refresh going for a few days recently and still it hung at 15%.

So I am currently building another Emby Server and populating it. I shall then restore user data and continue with that build. I will then leave the other server to hang at 15% for as long as it takes to clear all erroneous TV Channels.

But as to your "what do you expect from this" 

A simpler and quicker route to delete channels without the need to stop users using the server.

• Haha 1

Junglejim
3 minutes ago, kjhedges said:

With the current issues with the 15% hang for very long time guide refresh, my server becomes unresponsive. Whereas no-one can watch media while the refresh takes place.

I have left this refresh going for a few days recently and still it hung at 15%.

So I am currently building another Emby Server and populating it. I shall then restore user data and continue with that build. I will then leave the other server to hang at 15% for as long as it takes to clear all erroneous TV Channels.

A simpler and quicker route to delete channels without the need to stop users using the server.

Your the admin for this server yes? If so it is up to YOU to figure that out.. 😆

You should give your users a heads up whats going to happen!!

kjhedges
1 minute ago, Junglejim said:

Your the admin for this server yes? If so it is up to YOU to figure that out.. 😆

You should give your users a heads up whats going to happen!!

Yes, obviously I am admin of the server, and yes it is up to me to figure out, thus why I am creating a second Emby Server, (Which has no issues with TV Guide Refresh) to replace the current one.

Well, I did give them a heads up. Informed them that Emby was becoming unresponsive due to the TV Guide Refresh. Ofwhich that means nothing to them, only when can they view media uninterupted.

Thus I advise either use the plex server, or try netflix/prime ect ect.

• Facepalm 1

Junglejim
2 minutes ago, kjhedges said:

Yes, obviously I am admin of the server, and yes it is up to me to figure out, thus why I am creating a second Emby Server, (Which has no issues with TV Guide Refresh) to replace the current one.

Well, I did give them a heads up. Informed them that Emby was becoming unresponsive due to the TV Guide Refresh. Ofwhich that means nothing to them, only when can they view media uninterupted.

Thus I advise either use the plex server, or try netflix/prime ect ect.

Yeah no probs, (obviously not so much!). Just give it another go. 👍

Junglejim
30 minutes ago, kjhedges said:

Personally I've never had a guide refresh get stuck like this... beta(not for me)? big libs (can't go there).

ellisd4
4 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

Personally I've never had a guide refresh get stuck like this... beta(not for me)? big libs (can't go there).

I had an issue like this several weeks ago with guide refreshes. They would get stuck around 10% and stop. I deleted the plugin with no help. I ended up deleted my entire lineup. I think the key here was deleting some of the caches too.  No sure if the upgraded beta helped at that time or removing the caches. 

• Like 1

Junglejim
3 minutes ago, ellisd4 said:

I had an issue like this several weeks ago with guide refreshes. They would get stuck around 10% and stop. I deleted the plugin with no help. I ended up deleted my entire lineup. I think the key here was deleting some of the caches too.  No sure if the upgraded beta helped at that time or removing the caches. 

Thanks mate, this could help peoples transition to beta! Clearing your browser cache for some of these big changes is a must.

Dibbes
5 hours ago, Junglejim said:

Thanks mate, this could help peoples transition to beta! Clearing your browser cache for some of these big changes is a must.

Clearing your browser cache is not going to help with the guide refresh, or any other database related changes for that matter... 

Edited by Dibbes

JuJuJurassic
7 hours ago, Dibbes said:

Thanks, what options do I have, just leave it on till it does it? Incidentally, the emby server still works fine.

Thanks

Dibbes
Just now, JuJuJurassic said:

Thanks, what options do I have, just leave it on till it does it? Incidentally, the emby server still works fine.

Thanks

Yeah, that is pretty much the only option... Unless you feel like rebuilding the whole server...

Kyrunner

For the life of me I can’t figure out how to keep things I watch on Virtual Tv not to show up on continued watching.

Can someone point me to the setting

kjhedges

I created a new user as the user in VirtualTV Settings. Rather than use an active user.

Kyrunner
36 minutes ago, kjhedges said:

I created a new user as the user in VirtualTV Settings. Rather than use an active user.

I went into the channel settings and added a different user but what ever I watch stops shows up on continue watching

kjhedges
29 minutes ago, Kyrunner said:

I went into the channel settings and added a different user but what ever I watch stops shows up on continue watching

Im afraid I cant help, I would assume that the 2 different users shouldnt be able to influence the others continue watching.

Dibbes
47 minutes ago, Kyrunner said:

which version of the plugin do you have installed?