VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

pünktchen

@Dibbesdid you also upgrade your Emby installation to the latest beta just for the new plugin version?

I did some testing: My production system is still on Emby 4.8.0.13. The guide refresh takes at average 15 seconds here. Then i created a copy of the Emby installation and upgraded it to 4.8.0.65. Now the guide refresh takes at average 70 seconds! That's 4.5 times longer than before! And my library is not that big. What is going on here @Luke?

1 hour ago, pünktchen said:

@Dibbesdid you also upgrade your Emby installation to the latest beta just for the new plugin version?

I did some testing: My production system is still on Emby 4.8.0.13. The guide refresh takes at average 15 seconds here. Then i created a copy of the Emby installation and upgraded it to 4.8.0.65. Now the guide refresh takes at average 70 seconds! That's 4.5 times longer than before! And my library is not that big. What is going on here @Luke?

Hi, let's look at an example:

Thanks.

Dibbes
6 hours ago, pünktchen said:

I'm usually on the latest beta, maybe one or two version behind. Either way, I noticed that scans and everything that writes/updates the DB started taking longer starting in the late versions .40 (don't remember exactly which), then got slightly better in the mid .50s and is now again slower than what it was a week or two ago. Since it didn't really affect my users (though for a while I had some generic slowness in the user UI as well at one point), I never bothered to report it. For the moment I'm just letting the refresh run (at the moment of writing it's still stuck at 15% and the CPU is still on about 20% usage, so no change at all for about 24hrs now), even though the server is not usable for my users. If no change, I may restart the process sometime later today...

@LukeYes, I know that is way too vague and you can't do anything with this description at all.

• Haha 1

Dibbes

@Luke Ok, so I cancelled the process by restarting the server (it wasn't responding). I disabled all the channels in the vTV plugin, ran a library scan and started the guide refresh without any channels and no other TV sources. It's been hanging on 15% for the last few hours with the CPU between 17% and 20% (sometimes spiking to between 40% and 50%) with a memory usage as per below. The web UI is unresponsive, so are any apps.

image.png.8edcc846b1c7be20cc097b62237e9fa2.png

20240103-1603-embyserver.zip

Attached the serverlog, password in your DM.

Edit: In case you're interested, this is from ProcessExplorer. It's doing something in the DB, but I don't know how to figure out what that is...
image.png.cc2ab4e876b75fb469068ddb177b5dc7.png

Edited by Dibbes

kjhedges

I have been watching this conversation recently.  And I too am at the point where I have loads of channels that will not remove. When I guide refresh, mine hangs at 15% and server becomes unresponive. I have to restart the server for it to be usefull.

I have left the guide refresh overnight for hours. I have tried refresh during day too, but sitting a couple of hours while no one can watch anything is not working.

pünktchen
1 hour ago, Dibbes said:

I disabled all the channels in the vTV plugin, ran a library scan and started the guide refresh without any channels and no other TV sources.

Before the plugin tries to create program data for any channel (enabled or not), it queries the database for all movies and episoded. This has greatly improved speed in earlier Emby versions. I think this has exactly the opposite effect now. But i have to evaluate my assumption first...

Dibbes
6 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Before the plugin tries to create program data for any channel (enabled or not), it queries the database for all movies and episoded. This has greatly improved speed in earlier Emby versions. I think this has exactly the opposite effect now. But i have to evaluate my assumption first...

I have just uninstalled the plugin and am letting the refresh run without any providers. I'll report back if that makes a difference...

• Like 1

pünktchen

I'm sorry for you, but i'm glad it's not my plugin then. Also my previous assumption about querying the whole library seems to be wrong. It's a particular query against the user that is extremely slow: IsVisible(User)

@LukeI will create a proper bug report later. This just to inform you already about the real problem.

• Thanks 1

Dibbes

let me know if you need anything else from me...

JuJuJurassic

I'm having a similar problem, I've disabled the TV channels, but the Sci-Fi ones are still there, the Christmas ones have gone. Why some and not all?

I'm also having problems creating a star trek channel. I've asked it not to show animation, but it's pulling any show, not just Star Trek. I've attached the screenshots. I tried entering star Trek instead of "star trek" but it didn't work.

What have I done wrong?

Thanksmb1.thumb.png.117133fc16c39dc04152f6af6f82187c.pngmb6.thumb.png.a6b6896005f7774b0ae4e34110914eba.png

mb5.png

mb4.png

mb3.png

mb2.png

Edited by JuJuJurassic

pünktchen
38 minutes ago, JuJuJurassic said:

I'm having a similar problem, I've disabled the TV channels, but the Sci-Fi ones are still there, the Christmas ones have gone. Why some and not all?

I can't tell you without a log.

39 minutes ago, JuJuJurassic said:

I'm also having problems creating a star trek channel. I've asked it not to show animation, but it's pulling any show, not just Star Trek. I've attached the screenshots. I tried entering star Trek instead of "star trek" but it didn't work.

Always Include: Star Trek (without quotes)

Genre: !Animation (without && before it)

pünktchen

@JuJuJurassici had another look at your post and i think my answer wasn't correct. But before i give you another wrong tip, you should explain me what should be the outcome of the Star Trek channel. As far as i know, there's only one tv show that is exactly named Star Trek and that is not an animated series. So there's no need at all to exclude the Animation genre.

Junglejim
15 hours ago, pünktchen said:

@JuJuJurassici had another look at your post and i think my answer wasn't correct. But before i give you another wrong tip, you should explain me what should be the outcome of the Star Trek channel. As far as i know, there's only one tv show that is exactly named Star Trek and that is not an animated series. So there's no need at all to exclude the Animation genre.

Just a guess but maybe using a wildcard is what there after?

Always Include: Star Trek*

Genre: !Animation

TZTZoro

Hey, i am having issues with my channels, i got 5 3 mixedcontent movies/tvshows and 2 music videos
now the problem is that i dont get them all to work at the same time, i got at most 3 channels to work

there is no guide data for the not working channels and it plays 57 seconds trailer instead or a 1 minute black screen video
the only error that i get is:

2024-01-07 10:35:03.976 Error SessionManager: Error in event handler
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.0.66
	Command line: /app/emby/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /app/emby/ffdetect -ffmpeg /app/emby/ffmpeg -ffprobe /app/emby/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 6.1.49-Unraid (root@Develop-612) (gcc (GCC) 12.2.0, GNU ld version 2.40-slack151) #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Wed Aug 30 09:42:35 PDT 2023
	Framework: .NET 6.0.20
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: app/emby/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 24
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /app/emby
	System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	   at VirtualTV.Services.EventService.EventService.<SessionEventSubscriber>b__0_1(Object s, PlaybackStopEventArgs e)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Events.EventHelper.TriggerAll[T](EventHandler`1 mainHandler, Object sender, T args, ILogger logger)
	Source: VirtualTV
	TargetSite: Void <SessionEventSubscriber>b__0_1(System.Object, MediaBrowser.Controller.Library.PlaybackStopEventArgs)

the mediainfo plugin also has a similar error with ffprobe but i uninstalled that one
And when i play a channel all my tabs change to playing the channel  i also tried with a single tab in case it is some stream limit), tried windows client and android tv client

As a feature request, could i request that there is some integration with the trailers plugin and use that as commercials? if it is possible and not requested before

pünktchen

@TZTZoroi'm already working on the error. For the channel building problem i need a full log after guide refresh with plugin debug logging enabled.

TZTZoro

I suppose that i found the poblem

2024-01-07 23:47:37.493 Debug VirtualTV: TVService > GetPrograms, Channel: BlissTV, ChannelId: VirtualTV-b059e3819c394182b45fb7134d7b53d5, Start Date: 07/01/2024 22:47:37 +01:00, End Date: 08/01/2024 22:47:37 +01:00, Querying Library for MixedContent Items
2024-01-07 23:47:37.493 Debug VirtualTV: TVService > GetMovies, Returning Movies based on Rules
2024-01-07 23:47:37.880 Info VirtualTV: TVService > GetLibraryItems, No Movie Items match the Channel Conditions
2024-01-07 23:47:37.880 Debug VirtualTV: TVService > GetEpisodes, Returning TVShows based on Rules
2024-01-07 23:47:38.563 Info VirtualTV: TVService > GetLibraryItems, No Episode Items match the Channel Conditions
2024-01-07 23:47:38.563 Info VirtualTV: TVService > GetLibraryItems, No MixedContent Items match the Channel Conditions
2024-01-07 23:47:38.563 Debug VirtualTV: TVService > GetPrograms, Channel: BlissTV, ChannelId: VirtualTV-b059e3819c394182b45fb7134d7b53d5, Returning 0 MixedContent Items

image.png.837bb223d0e873b693cd7e9bb215371a.png

image.png.0f7ed9e2e7c5ed1fa81d3df037408d7c.png

the musicvideos i got working, i have no clue what i really did

pünktchen
7 minutes ago, TZTZoro said:

I suppose that i found the poblem

Yes, whatever rules you've setup, they don't return anything. Show me your rules and tell me what you trying to achive.

TZTZoro

For example for goldies, i am trying to get popular old music videos
i got for genres:

Rock||Pop||Jazz||R&B||Blues||Hip-hopp||Country||Folk||Soul||Funk||Disco||Reggae||New*Wave||Glam*Rock||Ska||Motown||Gospel||Classical||Swing||Electro||Synthpop||Blue*

and that the release date should be older then 2000, now i would prefer to add some minimum rating but i dont think that that is possible with music videos
i use * because i dont know how it reacts on a space and just to rule that out and since wildcards wouldnt give wrong stuff i used it. is it case sensitive?

for BlissTV i wanted to play stuff with genres
Family, Reality, Drama, Comedy, Music, Musical, !thriller
Screenshot2024-01-08004323.png.4aef71096de9565b7e2ff08a706a8b77.png

pünktchen
7 minutes ago, TZTZoro said:

i would prefer to add some minimum rating but i dont think that that is possible with music videos

I don't know. I do not have any music video at all.

8 minutes ago, TZTZoro said:

i use * because i dont know how it reacts on a space and just to rule that out and since wildcards wouldnt give wrong stuff i used it. is it case sensitive?

The asterisk between two words could be the problem. Spaces don't matter and it's case insensitive.

12 minutes ago, TZTZoro said:

for BlissTV i wanted to play stuff with genres
Family, Reality, Drama, Comedy, Music, Musical, !thriller

It should be: !Thriller && (Family || Reality || Drama || Comedy || Music || Musical)

Dibbes

I found that in version 2, Music videos don't work at all, no matter the rules. The log gives 0 files detected or something like that...

pünktchen
16 minutes ago, Dibbes said:

I found that in version 2, Music videos don't work at all, no matter the rules. The log gives 0 files detected or something like that...

To be fair, you would have to use the version from the plugin catalog to check this.

Dibbes
10 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

To be fair, you would have to use the version from the plugin catalog to check this.

I did, 2.0.0.1 on a test system... currently I have this channel disabled...

• Thanks 1

pünktchen
1 hour ago, Dibbes said:

I grabbed some music videos. Year and genres are working, artists is broken.

TZTZoro

the epg is out of sync for me, but not an hour(s) offset just a few videos and not in sync between clients

one client currently plays "Good golly miss molly" and the other "Fine", but none i learned from the best..
Before i learned from the best played, "purple rain" played in the epg, but the good golly miss client skipped over "i learned&fine" and going back and forward in the playlist(live) type doesnt show the music videos either and just goes back to prince

image.png

For now the channels work

Edited by TZTZoro