TVDB Api Issues

TwIXx
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

TVDB updated consolidated list.

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=122&p=163719&sid=11ecdfd4d74439ccb5052bab801ddcad#p163719

Awaiting a follow up on our zip/xml issue.

My AutoOrganize is still broken. What issue is covering the problem?

This one?

• API is delivering a zip file discrepancy for Kodi user [TVDB] Possible Special Character Issue — Released 11/18 | related forum thread ?

TVDB.com has broken their API's it is nothing to do with Emby and the Auto Organize plugin

TVDB.com will sort it out - eventually!

I don't understand why they don't just switch the API back to v2 and do more testing on v3!

Happy2Play

They had most of these issue the last time they did this.  I have a feeling they would prefer everyone else to change, but there are a lot of programs out there that are no longer being developed.  The had to re-enable SSL 3 do legacy software out there.  

As for Auto Organizer it is dependant on metadata from provider to be able to move media.  Currently the metadata that is coming back from TVDB has changed and they have said they are going to fix it.  But in the end we may have to put a patch in place for the issue.  But at the same time it has been reported on their site that this data may be old data also.

As reported about the Auto Organizer it would appear other providers work in the beta server branch.

When something is dependant on one site you can see how it will affect everything. 

Michael.D.Pine

Sorry, just want to confirm is this related the the following error I am seeing in my logs ?

2019-11-19 01:58:57.357 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/71762/all/en.zip
2019-11-19 01:58:57.796 Error App: Error in TheTVDB
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.2.1.0
    Command line: C:\Users\HomeTheatre\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Runtime: file:///C:/Users/HomeTheatre/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 8
    Program data path: C:\Users\HomeTheatre\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
    Application directory: C:\Users\HomeTheatre\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\HomeTheatre\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\cache\tvdb\71762\en.xml'.
    File name: 'C:\Users\HomeTheatre\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\cache\tvdb\71762\en.xml'
     at System.IO.FileStream.ValidateFileHandle(SafeFileHandle fileHandle)
     at System.IO.FileStream.CreateFileOpenHandle(FileMode mode, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
     at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, FileOpenOptions fileOpenOptions)
     at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.ExtractEpisodes(String seriesDataPath, String xmlFile, Nullable`1 lastTvDbUpdateTime)
     at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.DownloadSeriesZip(String seriesId, String idType, String seriesName, Nullable`1 seriesYear, String seriesDataPath, Nullable`1 lastTvDbUpdateTime, String preferredMetadataLanguage, String saveAsMetadataLanguage, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.DownloadSeriesZip(String seriesId, String idType, String seriesName, Nullable`1 seriesYear, String seriesDataPath, Nullable`1 lastTvDbUpdateTime, String preferredMetadataLanguage, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.EnsureSeriesInfo(Dictionary`2 seriesProviderIds, String seriesName, Nullable`1 seriesYear, String preferredMetadataLanguage, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.GetMetadata(SeriesInfo searchInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: System.Private.CoreLib
    TargetSite: Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle ValidateFileHandle(Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle)

As reported about the Auto Organizer it would appear other providers work in the beta server branch.

My server is running on my Synology and Emby are not accepting Beta users :/ annoying for me at the min :( but I'm sure TVDB will sort it out soon.

Flappafluppa

Hi there.

Movie identification is working fine, however TV series identification simply returns no results, even with IMDB codes that worked a before (seems this problem is about 1 week or two old). 

Is there something up with this, shall I just wait for a fix or is this a deeper issue?

I am not even getting any new episode descriptions or anything like it used to do. Simpy showing the file name (my library is named as emby requires). 

echoxxzz

Exact same behavior here. Problem started 2 days ago for me. I can pull down art work from fanart but nothing from tvdb including metadata.

Edited by echoxxzz

Hi.
I tried to identify several series using imdb tag and failed, the server gives me empty result page.
Went ahead and checked the logs. seems like the requests to tvdb are ok AND returns the file, also the files are saved i nthe cache directory as they should.
I did notice that the logs are displaying exception : `System.IO.FileNotFoundException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file '/config/cache/tvdb/tt4047038/en.xml'`
it is indeed true. the zip file from the tvdb: `https://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/312505/all/en.zip`does not contains 'en.xml' but 'en.zip.xml' could be a bug in tvdb or could be they decided to change it. looks more like a bug if you ask me, but, can you reffer me to the place in the code that searches this file ? i think of building from source.

Also if you have an idea where can i file a bug report for tvdb let me know and i will.

thanks.

• Solution

Here's a patch to the tvdb plugin that works around the .zip.xml thing. Use at your own risk though because we don't know yet if the data coming back can be fully trusted at this point.

Edit: Tvdb plugin update 1.0.20 released.

See post 385

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 11

StLDreiling

Here's a patch to the tvdb plugin that works around the .zip.xml thing. Use at your own risk though because we don't know yet if the data coming back can be fully trusted at this point.

AutoOrganize grabbed all my shows! Thanks much, @@Luke! Heeding your warning, changed provider priority until you guys sound the all clear on theTVDB.

AutoOrganize grabbed all my shows! Thanks much, @@Luke! Heeding your warning, changed provider priority until you guys sound the all clear on theTVDB.

Can you please share how to use the file i use emby on synology

Can you please share how to use the file

psybertech

Thanks for the DLL @@Luke.

Working great so far.

I'm still keeping a list of shows from the start of all of this until its all officially over... just in case.

Anyway... thanks again.

j