TVDB Api Issues

TwIXx
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

cochize1

Hi,

I am on stable 4.2.1.0 emby server version with Missing Episodes enabled in both places: user interface and library settings. Library also has TVDB id enabled.

For same reason missing episodes (and hence upcoming episodes - net one for The Mandalorian is Friday 22. Nov) are not showing for some series. Usually when copied from torrents I left the naming as it was from the downloaded file and Emby recognized it correctly but I have no clue why for some new series, i.e. The Mandalorian or The Morning Show missing and upcoming episodes are not showing.

I tried deleting all metadata for these series and renaming the episodes and folder structure as per tutorial in GitHub and then re-scanning the library but with no luck. I also noticed that even though emby recognizes the series correctly there is no TVDB id per series (but it also doesn't do that for other series with correct missing episodes shown). What can be the problem here? Please see some screenshots attached:

5dd32d4341e76_1.jpg

5dd32d559561b_2.jpg

5dd32d75aec0e_3.jpg

5dd32da27c3a0_4.jpg

Happy2Play

So just to confirm, this is only for beta 4.3 correct?

Cheers Mark

Sorry to many posts are getting merged here do to TVDB being the cause.  What is your question in reference to?

Hi,

I'm running emby/embyserver:beta (4.3.0.23) on my Ubuntu 18.04 home server. Emby doesn't seem to grab all metadata even though shows are correctly identified. It doesn't find images it did find a month ago. I suspect there's something up with thetvdb plugin but I'm not sure. I've attached an encrypted .zip with the embyserver.txt logs

embyserver.zip

Happy2Play

I really wish We could banner this site saying there is nothing we can do about the issues TVDB has created.  All we can do is wait for them to fixed their issues.  See their forum.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/79269-tvdb-api-issues/

You are better off PMing log then encrypting and attaching.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 3

You are better off PMing log then encrypting and attaching.

Yeah, I actually pm'd Luke the logs with the password. I tried searching for thetvdb issues but I somehow missed that.

Edit: Thanks for the quick reply btw

Edited by Mannerheim

Just updated to the latest beta 43023 and changed everything back to TVdb, added a new TV series ran scan media library, the server picked up the new show and added the metadata with no errors. I then ran auto organize and it added the episodes with no errors and associated metadata. Might need some more testing but it seems to be working again, well for me anyway, will keep you informed as I add more episodes

Happy2Play

Just updated to the latest beta 43023 and changed everything back to TVdb, added a new TV series ran scan media library, the server picked up the new show and added the metadata with no errors. I then ran auto organize and it added the episodes with no errors and associated metadata. Might need some more testing but it seems to be working again, well for me anyway, will keep you informed as I add more episodes

Not sure how as the the zip is still a issue (at least all that I have tested), but would have to have logs to verify.  

5dd04ec2aeecb_api.jpg

Not sure how as the the zip is still a issue (at least all that I have tested), but would have to have logs to verify.  

5dd04ec2aeecb_api.jpg

Had a look in the embyserver.txt file, bloody thing is extremely long, any suggestions on what I should be looking for, I haven't currently got debugging turned on

Happy2Play

Had a look in the embyserver.txt file, bloody thing is extremely long, any suggestions on what I should be looking for, I haven't currently got debugging turned on

You should see errors specific to TVDB.

couldn't find any errors, I will turn on debugging, but looking at the extract below it is looking for en.zip and is finding the correct data as far as I can see
2019-11-19 11:27:41.231 Info HttpClient: GET h**ps://www.thetvdb.com/api/**************/series/259866/all/en.zip

edit: If I cut and paste the link into my web browser it downloads en.zip.zip but emby is still getting the correct data with no errors

Edited by Ice

Happy2Play

couldn't find any errors, I will turn on debugging, but looking at the extract below it is looking for en.zip and is finding the correct data as far as I can see

2019-11-19 11:27:41.231 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.thetvdb.com/api/**************/series/259866/all/en.zip

That is the primary issue right now as the zip has a en.zip.xml instead of en.xml contain all information about the series and episodes.  We are waiting on TVDB to resolve this issue.  Instead of up working around their issue.  It is on their API teams to do list according to their forum.

• Like 1

That is the primary issue right now as the zip has a en.zip.xml instead of en.xml contain all information about the series and episodes.  We are waiting on TVDB to resolve this issue.  Instead of up working around their issue.  It is on their API teams to do list according to their forum.

Ok if I open that file I can see I can see what you are talking about, strange that I am no longer having issues, have added a couple more episodes from other TV series and had no problems

moviefan

Ok if I open that file I can see I can see what you are talking about, strange that I am no longer having issues, have added a couple more episodes from other TV series and had no problems

Can you see in the log if perhaps it is failing and using the other provider instead?

emm with debugging turned on I do get errors related to TVDB. I removed a show I had to add manually and rerun auto organize and it put the file where it was suppose to go but didn't add any of the missing metadata even after asking it to replace the data. It is a bit weird though that a TV series that I didn't have on my system and episodes that I have added since seem to be getting their associated data......oh well the wait continues...:/ :(

ernstgot

just wanted to see if any one else is having issues with this plugin with the latest beta? It scans can find the file but when placing it in the new folder it fails. when I try to do it manually within the plugin it says fail null.

Happy2Play

This is what I think it must be doing

There are should be 3 providers available for TV Libraries, dependant on what the user has enabled.

This is what I think it must be doing

There are should be 3 providers available for TV Libraries, dependant on what the user has enabled.

Yep it is dropping back and using api.themoviedb.org hence why it still didn't update the episode when it was set to to use moviedb as 1st preference

Smitty018210

I was wondering what was going on. Thanks for the info. @@Luke can I suggest that maybe we a have a place on the server for notes from you guys about issue like this. I know we have this forum, but I don't alwasy have the time to check here. Be nice to have message pop-up (only on server manager account) That would read some thing like (We are aware of the issue with auto organize not working properly) and then have link to this post for more details. It wouldn't be for everyday type stuff, but for issues that would effect a large percentage/ most users.

• Like 1

darkassassin07

I think that's a great idea, but I'm not sure how effective it will be.

I mean; look at how many people ran into this issue, went to the forums, found the thread talking about what the problem was and what is being/can be done about it, and still commented with essentially "this isn't working do you guys know why?"

Edited by darkassassin07
  • Like 2

AvengersFan

Nothing to do with Emby of course, but even when I use File Bot to rename my files, its coming up with an error :-( wo is me ..... (I hope someones butt is getting kicked!)

Incidentally, I was trying to rename a Silicon Valley episode! lol

Cheers Mark

post-91733-0-22873600-1574146081_thumb.png