TVDB Api Issues

TwIXx
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

dragonmar

Hi Guys 

I'm running Emby server 4.2.1.0 and started getting the No provider metadata found for all my latest series. 

I went through a couple of the forums, ensured that the tvdb provider was on top and checked if the Anime plugin was installed which is wasn't. I did however install and uninstall it just to be sure. 

Can anyone help out?

elangelt

Using both :latest and :beta from Docker Hub on Ubuntu 16.04, I am getting the following error when scanning a TV library via TheTVDB.

2019-11-17 18:48:47.276 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/289079/all/en.zip
2019-11-17 18:48:47.312 Error App: Error in TheTVDB
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.3.0.22
    Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
    Operating system: Unix 4.4.0.47
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Runtime: file:///system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 12
    Program data path: /config
    Application directory: /system
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file '/config/cache/tvdb/289079/en.xml'.
    File name: '/config/cache/tvdb/289079/en.xml'

I've downloaded https://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/289079/all/en.zip myself and the the "en.xml" file that Emby is looking for is actually named "en.zip.xml", can we get this updated?

Thanks

Edited by elangelt

Happy2Play

@@elangelt

As the link above say, TVDB is dead until they work out their update issues.  There currently is nothing Emby can do with TVDB.

Oops that was a old post.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/79269-fyi-tvdb-api-issues/

Edited by Happy2Play

Because some of us aren't on beta, and auto organize is kinda broken would it be possible to release a Version of auto organize that has the beta changes to meta providers for non beta users?

Edited by chef

elangelt

Can't the TheTVDB plugin be updated to change the file reference from "en.xml" to "en.zip.xml" ? I don't use the Auto Organise plugin.

Edited by elangelt

Can't the TheTVDB plugin be updated to change the file reference from "en.xml" to "en.zip.xml" ?

@@elangelt

I think the data returned from the API is also an issue. It is incomplete unfortunately.

• Like 1

Because some of us aren't on beta, and auto organize is kinda broken would it be possible to release a Version of auto organize that has the beta changes to meta providers for non beta users?

That requires a server update, and if we do that now, we'll be yelled at for "breaking tvdb" as part of the update.

• Like 2

Happy2Play

Can't the TheTVDB plugin be updated to change the file reference from "en.xml" to "en.zip.xml" ? I don't use the Auto Organise plugin.

The issue is TVDB is not populating the en.zip.xml as their api information is currently broke.

example

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/79307-auto-organize-plugin-use-additional-scrappers-when-thetvdb-fails/?p=807421

Oh right, do we know how Plex is overcoming this issue, as metadata is still coming down ok on that one?

They probably have other metadata providers utilized. We are going to get similar in the auto organization for emby in the next update.

Happy2Play

Oh right, do we know how Plex is overcoming this issue, as metadata is still coming down ok on that one?

They may have updated to the v2 api but Series level is currently still broke, but episode level is working.  

Happy2Play

Just like Media Center Master can process new episodes via the new api, but can not add a new series do to that api being broke.

Hi all. This isn't really specific to Linux but I'm not sure where it ought to go. Yesterday I noticed that Emby wasn't providing episode names and other episode information anymore, though it would still show information for the whole series. I dug into embyserver.txt log file and found a number of errors like the following:

2019-11-17 14:38:40.516 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/80379/all/en.zip

2019-11-17 14:38:40.846 Error ProviderManager: TvdbSeasonImageProvider failed in GetImageInfos for type Season

*** Error Report ***

Version: 4.2.1.0

Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb

Operating system: Unix 4.15.0.70

64-Bit OS: True

64-Bit Process: True

User Interactive: True

Runtime: file:///opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll

Processor count: 4

Program data path: /var/lib/emby

Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file '/var/lib/emby/cache/tvdb/80379/en.xml'.

File name: '/var/lib/emby/cache/tvdb/80379/en.xml'

at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)

at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, FileOpenOptions fileOpenOptions)

at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.ExtractEpisodes(String seriesDataPath, String xmlFile, Nullable`1 lastTvDbUpdateTime)

at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.DownloadSeriesZip(String seriesId, String idType, String seriesName, Nullable`1 seriesYear, String seriesDataPath, Nullable`1 lastTvDbUpdateTime, String preferredMetadataLanguage, String saveAsMetadataLanguage, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.DownloadSeriesZip(String seriesId, String idType, String seriesName, Nullable`1 seriesYear, String seriesDataPath, Nullable`1 lastTvDbUpdateTime, String preferredMetadataLanguage, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.EnsureSeriesInfo(Dictionary`2 seriesProviderIds, String seriesName, Nullable`1 seriesYear, String preferredMetadataLanguage, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Tvdb.TvdbSeasonImageProvider.GetImages(BaseItem item, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.GetImages(BaseItem item, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken, IRemoteImageProvider provider, Int32 providerIndex)

Source: System.Private.CoreLib

TargetSite: Void ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo, System.String, Boolean, System.Func`2[interop+ErrorInfo,Interop+ErrorInfo])

I manually did a GET on https://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/80379/all/en.zip and extracted the zip file that I downloaded. It looks like TvDB changed the name of one of the files in the zip from `en.xml` to `en.zip.xml`. The other two files, actors.xml and banners.xml seem to have not changed (and the episodes do correctly set the background image and list of actors).

Should I log a bug about this?

@paula7

Happy2Play

We will not make this update until they have fixed the issues.  The en.zip.xml has no Series metadata and will break everything even more.  Their api currently returns no Series metadata either.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/79307-auto-organize-plugin-use-additional-scrappers-when-thetvdb-fails/?p=807421

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/79269-fyi-tvdb-api-issues/

Happy2Play

But looking at your example it would appear that that one is working now, but we will have to see what TVDB is going to do as they are still making update.

Yep there api /series/{id} is working again.

Edited by Happy2Play

moviefan

I was looking at switching to the Beta channel to resolve this but I see the warning about switching back in the future requiring a reinstall.

If I go to beta at this time just until this is resolved would this still be an issue?