Live TV Guide Changes in Emby Server 3.6

Luke

Talking about Gracenote before it is even in beta is a tease guys.

We can't win :).  When we keep quiet and just put things in beta, everyone is surprised and complains that they had no warning.  We announce well ahead of time and people are upset that they can't have it now.

• Like 10

kanipek

We can't win :).  When we keep quiet and just put things in beta, everyone is surprised and complains that they had no warning.  We announce well ahead of time and people are upset that they can't have it now.

I much prefer being informed ahead of time - at least for the BIG changes. I sympathize with you guys though! Your jobs are never truly done.

• Like 3

In a way so am I since SD uses GN. But I want to see how Emby handles it. And there's talk there might be some extra features.

Edited by dcol

schmitty

Could this be where HDHomeRun dvr gets data from as they have so many posters. I am disappointed with IceTV there are not many shows that have posters. You would think they would improved but nothing.

I actually set up an IceTV subscription a few months ago, and was disappointed with the amount of rich metadata available. I managed to find an independent and open-source project called Shepherd, which takes a bit of manual setup and configuration... it actually scrapes data from various sources, instead of having to pay for a service which does that for you.

schmitty

I much prefer being informed ahead of time - at least for the BIG changes. I sympathize with you guys though! Your jobs are never truly done.

Same. I like to stay ahead of the curve and read about what's coming, so I know what to look forward to.

muppets4

No good and reliable XMLTV available here. :(

Going to look for other solutions or media software I think.

I use Webgrab plus as a xmltv grabber. It has a learning curve setting it up, but when you have done that it functions very well. I have not looked at it for six months now and al my guide data comes in. Edited by muppets4

instantsunrise

For those of us who use NextPVR + SchedulesDirect as our TV backend, how will this affect us?  Will Emby be generating an xml file somewhere that NPVR can grab for EPG listings?

My concern here is that with my setup I have other applications that are using that common NPVR backend and I was wondering how they'd be affected.

Edited by instantsunrise

BAlGaInTl

For those of us who use NextPVR + SchedulesDirect as our TV backend, how will this affect us?  Will Emby be generating an xml file somewhere that NPVR can grab for EPG listings?

My concern here is that with my setup I have other applications that are using that common NPVR backend and I was wondering how they'd be affected.

I don't think it would affect that setup if you are using the plugin.

JunkStar

No good and reliable XMLTV available here.  :(

Going to look for other solutions or media software I think.

Honeybee.it works for sweden aswell

• Like 1

Good news. If you switch from Schedules direct to this new guide data, then generally speaking your series recordings will still work just fine. That's mostly thanks to the fact that the data is largely the same. So it's nice that they won't have to be set up all over again.

• Like 1

arrbee99

Really think this new guide needs testing in the southern hemisphere. I mean, what if it comes out upside down or something  :)

• Like 3

Trekster

I have been using it for Denmark. It isn't as rich as gracenote/sd but it does provide the basic epg data

You've had a good experience with honeybee?

Sendt fra min ONEPLUS A6003 med Tapatalk

I have been using it for Denmark. It isn't as rich as gracenote/sd but it does provide the basic epg data

Sendt fra min ONEPLUS A6003 med Tapatalk

And images?

JackHadrill

Will we possibly see gracenote in beta before the weekend?

I read a response from @@Luke somewhere that indicated this was likely. Can't remember on which thread though, I'm afraid :-(

Edited by JackHadrill

We value all of your feedback. Anytime is a good time to leave a suggestion and help us improve the software. Thanks.

I have a suggestion.  I use live tv and it is available to my sister as well when she uses Emby.  The problem currently with the guide data is that the times are incorrect if she is in another time zone.  It would be great if there be a way to shift the aired times in the guide for that user, so the times in their guide are correct for their time zone?  Currently if there is a one hour difference, a show that the guide says is on at 9:00 would actually be done if they tried to watch it at 9:00 their time.  I hope I'm being clear!

NikeSwe

Honeybee.it works for sweden aswell

I have talked about honeybee in this thread. The data has some problems.

The problem currently with the guide data is that the times are incorrect if she is in another time zone.  It would be great if there be a way to shift the aired times in the guide for that user, so the times in their guide are correct for their time zone? 

If your Guide provider is delivering your EPG data in UTC time format, than Emby client should deliver your sister the correct time format to match her local time.

Correct @@Luke ?

Technigogo

So I'm half-way through a 1 year subscription with SD, so when I have to switch to the Emby method, then I'll lose the value of the remainder of the subscription.

Therefore, it's not just a cost to Emby, but everyone else that has a current SD subscription.

An option to continue using SD should be in Emby for a period of 1 year from the date of the new functionality for current SD subscribers, but also not to allow any new SD subscribers from using it.

We can all provide proof of our subscription to SD.

Just curious how you can lose the value of something that is being replaced with something equal or better at no cost to you?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk