Live TV Guide Changes in Emby Server 3.6

Luke

Gracenote is available for Australia, and has improved a lot in the last 2 years!! (especially for us rural folk)

Please don't use IceTV (I'm assuming their parent company YUVU would be similar) - their metadata and posters leave a lot to be desired.

Could this be where HDHomeRun dvr gets data from as they have so many posters. I am disappointed with IceTV there are not many shows that have posters. You would think they would improved but nothing.

I went to gracenote website and it says it is supporting Australian market will it also be supported in the new update even though it wasn't on the list. Icetv guide data is missing just way too many images which is very disappointing.

hstamas

Im wondering how this will affect people who use the HDHomeRun premium service as last I checked on the Plex side of things they were/are having lots of problems getting guide data to match correctly.

I believe SD had to create a custom lineup for HDHomeRun to help fix the issues.

garyan2

Im wondering how this will affect people who use the HDHomeRun premium service as last I checked on the Plex side of things they were/are having lots of problems getting guide data to match correctly.

I believe SD had to create a custom lineup for HDHomeRun to help fix the issues.

In late October, Gracenote created lineups for the OTT services to include HDHR Prime. The East coast version matches what SD created, but the Pacific has some differences. Don't know if it is correct or not. You can see the Gracenote lineups with your SD account to verify yourself if you can.

In late October, Gracenote created lineups for the OTT services to include HDHR Prime. The East coast version matches what SD created, but the Pacific has some differences. Don't know if it is correct or not. You can see the Gracenote lineups with your SD account to verify yourself if you can.

I have not seen any discrepancies in the Pacific feed except possibly SNL showing as new for a re run at 8:30 on 9pm on the same nights SNL airs live tape delayed @ 11:30pm.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

No wonder I don't see any changes to the liveTV settings. I thought at least Emby was improving the map channel feature. Guess I will wait and try the beta again when GN and the liveTV settings get a much needed facelift. So far the changes I see in the beta are very minimal for what I do.

Edited by dcol

adrianwi

Will we see it in a beta version?

I renewed my SD subscription in October, but it was only $25 so not the end of the world if the built-in solution works better.

I offer EPG data for Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Switserland - more countries are coming. I have a API running, returns data in JSON format - so you can grab data per station, for maximum 14 days forward and 3 days back.

I can also provide the data in XMLTV format - even in other formats if needed. I can provide a test if wanted

• Like 2

I don't have a public website for ordering EPG yet - i do have the whole api up and running for 6months now. I wanted to add more countries before i create a public website for ordering, but i can give you a url where you can find a list of stations - and even provide a test with epg data 

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

It'll be in beta to start with, so that all the kinks are ironed out.

I'm not so sure of that. They keep saying 3.6 release. I'm taking that to mean it'll go straight to release.

I'm not so sure of that. They keep saying 3.6 release. I'm taking that to mean it'll go straight to release.

No, we would never do that.  Luke stated when we first announced that it will be in an upcoming beta.  Most of the public doesn't run beta though so they don't really care about that.

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

No, we would never do that. Luke stated when we first announced that it will be in an upcoming beta. Most of the public doesn't run beta though so they don't really care about that.

Good to know, thanks for the clarification.

So I just recently finished coding something against the Emby TV APIs.  Do you think this change will ripple through at all or (if anything) just add to the information available?

I almost decided to code to the SD API so glad I went the direction I did!

You mentioned 

What do you mean ripple through?

You mentioned that Gracenote offers richer content that you hope to take advantage of which (I thought) could lead to changing/exposing structure or elements in the API.

Its actually not a big deal, I was just mainly happy that I decided to use the Emby API instead of SD.  Excited to try the new version!