Live TV Guide Changes in Emby Server 3.6

Luke

sualfred

Awesome.

A co-worker is Plex user and they use Gracenote aswell and they deliver the guide also for German television. And afaik the big DE ISPs Telekom and Vodafone are using Gracenote, too. WIll this also be the case for the Emby implementation?

maegibbons

@@Luke

Will you still continue to support Schedules Direct so that those of us who have a current working setup can continue if we choose?

Will you still be offering m3u auto-matching through tvg-ig string content?

If so will be able to get advanced notification of the Gracenote ID's that we need to match to so we can edit m3u's accordingly?

Krs

Mark

You can use Schedules Direct throughout the remainder of your SD subscription, as they are honoring all active subscriptions. But SD gets their data from GN as well, there's no reason not to switch, and the terms of use will not allow both, so eventually sometime down the road SD will de-activate our api key. This won't be for a little while though so you have plenty of time to plan your migration. Yes I would think we can figure something out with GN id's but not positive yet.

maegibbons

Hmm...

Perhaps I should extend my SD Subscription now.

When does this get in to the beta?

Krs

Mark

• Like 1

clarkss12

Looking forward to it.  My sub expires in March.  Been using it for a long time with my tvheadend DVR.  I have let my tvheadend DVR die, since I have not used it in quite awhile.  So, now I only use my Schedules Direct Guide Data for the Emby guide data.

maegibbons

Also at the moment we can have Multiple guides from SD for multiple regions. 

For instance I have some IPTV channels that comes from the states.

Will you still be supporting this with Gracenote?

Krs

Mark

Nice! You guys are fantastic! I imagine the data will change a little? As SD won't be curating it.

Yes that's correct.

EODCrafter

When does this get in to beta?

Krs

Mark

Please be Flexible and allow us to configure Channel match and not just based on Exact channel name match. for example...Emby should match US: HBO Zone with HBO Zone right?, and UK: Spike or UK: AMC....How would that match?

Edited by EODCrafter

Spaceboy

Ok so unfortunately they aren’t planning on improving live tv as has been promised for several years now. They are just going to rework something that already works perfectly. [emoji12]emby to the max [emoji15]

EODCrafter

Ok so unfortunately they aren’t planning on improving live tv as has been promised for several years now. They are just going to rework something that already works perfectly. [emoji12]emby to the max [emoji15]

Please Provide your logs and check https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

EODCrafter

Dear EODtwatCrafter

How is that relevant to the comments in the post @@Spaceboy made?

Krs

Mark

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Is your only purpose on here to Harass people on comments you don't like? Please mind your own business.

• Like 1

maegibbons

I ask you again. EXPLAIN how your comment in relation to reporting a problem, is in any way relevant to @@Spaceboy 's post that brought up the issue of the long awaited improvements to Live TV and DVR functionality?

Just explain!

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons
  • Like 1

Hmm...

Perhaps I should extend my SD Subscription now.

When does this get in to the beta?

Krs

Mark

Please do not try to resist this change.  It will be simpler and better for you in the end.  You don't have to move immediately, but you will have to move.

Schedules Direct is a specialized service that only allows certain products to access it.  This isn't a choice we made.  It is something we must do (and, BTW it is at great expense to us).

• Like 3

Spaceboy

Schedules Direct is a specialized service that only allows certain products to access it. This isn't a choice we made. It is something we must do (and, BTW it is at great expense to us).

and to your existing user base. Great for your new users who will be paying subs though. I understand [emoji848]
  • Like 1

CBers

Schedules Direct is a specialized service that only allows certain products to access it. This isn't a choice we made. It is something we must do (and, BTW it is at great expense to us).

So I'm half-way through a 1 year subscription with SD, so when I have to switch to the Emby method, then I'll lose the value of the remainder of the subscription.

Therefore, it's not just a cost to Emby, but everyone else that has a current SD subscription.

An option to continue using SD should be in Emby for a period of 1 year from the date of the new functionality for current SD subscribers, but also not to allow any new SD subscribers from using it.

We can all provide proof of our subscription to SD.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

Is your only purpose on here to Harass people on comments you don't like? Please mind your own business.

so it’s my business as it was my post you quoted with an inane response. Please explain.

i know you think you are trying to help but just like the other thread where you had to delete loads of posts after getting wrong it’s probably best leaving that to those that are semi competent at least

and to your existing user base. Great for your new users who will be paying subs though. I understand [emoji848]

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand this comment but all users will be able to take advantage of this data included in their Premiere subscriptions.