Automatic version grouping for movies

MikePlanet

Happy2Play

I guess the question now would be should the new version remain the same or add a switch for strm files to accurate other strm users? 

But they can fall back to the original version if needed.

80srule
On 11/4/2022 at 4:50 PM, Happy2Play said:

@80srule Where did you put the plugin?  As it does not appear in the log.  But could be a permissions issues as you have to verify permissions on all plugins you place in plugin folder.

You have a network issue also on all remote communications.

HttpRequestException: Permission denied

I put the plug in at user/EmbyNET/system/plugins in the same folder all my other plugins are. 

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, 80srule said:

I put the plug in at user/EmbyNET/system/plugins in the same folder all my other plugins are. 

It should auto move but that is not the folder that is used.  It needs to be in /mnt/nvme14n1/ilovemymac/EmbyNET/programdata/plugins

10 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

I guess the question now would be should the new version remain the same or add a switch for strm files to accurate other strm users? 

But they can fall back to the original version if needed.

Options are good but I'd default to what/how it has been working.  I myself see no reason to treat strm as something different than a mp4 or mkv that is used as the container for the movie.

I had to go back to the original version of the DLL on my systems as it was a mess having strm treated differently.
I'm not seeing an issue now either.

Ideally Auto Collections wouldn't need it's own separate scan timing logic as it would/should always follow at the end of a library scan right BEFORE it finishes.  That would enable it to run before other plugins that run AFTER it finishes.  It wouldn't make a lot of sense to have Top Picks or some other reporting plugin working with data that could get changed. Get all the changes done first.

• Like 1

80srule
13 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

It should auto move but that is not the folder that is used.  It needs to be in /mnt/nvme14n1/ilovemymac/EmbyNET/programdata/plugins

Ok sorry I fixed it. The name is changed on the plug in. No the actual plug-in is still the same name in the app on the server it actually is called auto grouping and I didn't see that. But it's there now that I put it in the right folder. I appreciate your patience. I don't know what the deal was but I'm glad I got it fixed. 

Edited by 80srule
  • Like 1

Cheesegeezer
6 hours ago, cayars said:

Options are good but I'd default to what/how it has been working.  I myself see no reason to treat strm as something different than a mp4 or mkv that is used as the container for the movie.

I had to go back to the original version of the DLL on my systems as it was a mess having strm treated differently.
I'm not seeing an issue now either.

Ideally Auto Collections wouldn't need it's own separate scan timing logic as it would/should always follow at the end of a library scan right BEFORE it finishes.  That would enable it to run before other plugins that run AFTER it finishes.  It wouldn't make a lot of sense to have Top Picks or some other reporting plugin working with data that could get changed. Get all the changes done first.

So tgere is 2 options we can go down

1. run automatically and if Libraryscan is already runing sleep the task. And try again in 3mins. 
  2. have it work like it did before and disregard any other tasks that may run

the strm file actually causes an issue…

they get grouped by the plugin. They are a virtual file which was never supposed to be allowed in the original code. You just got lucky by it working. 

use the old version by all means.

using scheduled task is actually a powerful way to manage your library when your sleeping.  Run auto organise, run top picks engagement, run media tool box, then tonemap hdr bifs to sdr, then auto group, then run IntroSkip, run introsBackup.

do all that because an item added event is triggered and waiting for a task finished event and i reckon you will run into issues.

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

the strm file actually causes an issue…

they get grouped by the plugin. They are a virtual file which was never supposed to be allowed in the original code. You just got lucky by it working.

But they are not virtual according to the database as there all have IsVirtualItem=0, only IsVirtualItem in my database are Missing/UnAired seasons/episodes (type7/8).

• Agree 1

Cheesegeezer
36 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

But they are not virtual according to the database as there all have IsVirtualItem=0, only IsVirtualItem in my database are Missing/UnAired seasons/episodes (type7/8).

Ok that makes sense but isn’t a virtual item something that isn’t physically stored with a direct path on your system. e.g VoD links and fake libraries. 
this is why I’m so confused by this description and bool value.

Happy2Play
24 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Ok that makes sense but isn’t a virtual item something that isn’t physically stored with a direct path on your system. e.g VoD links and fake libraries. 
this is why I’m so confused by this description and bool value.

From the database virtual items have NULL Path and Filename.  STRM files contain both.

Stub files will be the exact same.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
8 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

From the database virtual items have NULL Path and Filename.  STRM files contain both.

Stub files will be the exact same.

Hahahah 

Everyday is a school day!!!

• Agree 1

Think of a virtual item as place holder that isn't playable.

If you had a collection of movies but missing part II it could be represented as a virtual movie.
This is what is done in TV Shows when you enable the option to show missing episodes.

As an example, if you wanted to build a plugin that compared every movie on Netflix and then add a placeholder in Emby for only movies you don't have, virtual items would be a way to do that.

Cheesegeezer
11 minutes ago, MangoMC said:

@Happy2Play @cayars have you test the new version i sent in PM? 

this will probably solve everything and put the plugin back to original behavour and fix memory leak issues and cater for top picks and …… 

ta

Happy2Play

@MangoMC temporary fix for .4 is to enable "Ignore if Movie is Locked" or roll back to Original.

DoNotChangeLockedMovies = 'True'

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Thanks 1

MajesticMaerlyn

Thanks for updating this, and continuing to fix issues with current. Really do love having this mod, even works well with user restrictions on library access :)

When grouping movies (or episodes), how does emby choose which versions metadata to show? Is there anyway to manipulate a version so that versions metadata is shown?

for example, can I do something to always have metadata for 1080p version displayed over 4k version?

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, amb13 said:

how does emby choose which versions metadata to show?

Pretty sure it is the first one it imports.

5 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Pretty sure it is the first one it imports.

Ok thanks. Is this the same as date added in the metadata or is the import some other variable? Could I change the date added and somehow re-import both version?

Happy2Play
16 minutes ago, amb13 said:

Ok thanks. Is this the same as date added in the metadata or is the import some other variable? Could I change the date added and somehow re-import both version?

Actually, it looks like the client itself is picking the version.  As there is currently no way to have a default version appear always appear first.

Happy2Play

@amb13 It is sort of mixed as Image info is first item, but client shows second item.  But there is no concept of default item in multi-version, currently.

image.thumb.png.c6536f7b0c0e7aea026a67ff6b244de6.png

On 11/13/2022 at 6:36 PM, Happy2Play said:

@amb13 It is sort of mixed as Image info is first item, but client shows second item.  But there is no concept of default item in multi-version, currently.

image.thumb.png.c6536f7b0c0e7aea026a67ff6b244de6.png

Have you noticed the differences also based on the order they were added to multi-version?
How about, what's shown where the movies used different meta-providers?

Gooood afternoon!

When you say that this plug-in works by identifying the IMDB id, does it need to be in the filename or does the plug-in scrape for information?

When I run the plug-in, it doesn't seem to do anything at all... I still have to manually group all my versions. I ask because I don't have the ID in the filenames of any of my movies.