Automatic version grouping for movies

MikePlanet

On 10/5/2019 at 7:32 AM, jhr1948 said:

@@MikePlanet I agree, just what I needed.  Going to try it out, just curious, will it ever be available for official releases?  Going to install beta to check it out.

On 10/6/2019 at 7:44 AM, jhr1948 said:

@@Luke, Do you think Emby can ever integrate this natively?  It works well, the only issue I see is that it if i have  4K and 1080p version of a file, it groups those with together even though I have created 2 separate libraries in Emby: 4K and Movies (1080p/720p).  So in my 4k library all versions show up as options (1080p) and in my Movies Llibrary, all versions (including 4k) show up as options.

Thanks for your work @@MikePlanet

We typically don't incorporate work already done by others unless it's really needed for other parts of the system or needed to build on.

Yes, if this plugin were to die, I can say the "core" team would take it over if another dev didn't.  I would take it over myself if needed as I use it myself and it's a pretty crucial part of my system.

Carlo

• Like 2

Happy2Play
On 11/3/2022 at 10:47 AM, cayars said:

Yes, if this plugin were to die, I can say the "core" team would take it over if another dev didn't.  I would take it over myself if needed as I use it myself and it's a pretty crucial part of my system.

Thank the plugin Gods.

In the works trying to work out the bugs current version cause with Top Picks.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 6:44 PM, MagicDoubleM said:

Here's a little feature-request/idea. I have a library that I don't want to end up being included in such collections, these versions of a movie should stay separate, while other vrsions of that movie in different library should be combined... So, how about giving the option to tick, which libs get the treatment and which not? 

If I understand your use case, it is similar to mine. I have multiple version of the same movies just encoded at different quality hdr/sdr to accommodate different usage scenarios e.g. Home vs remote streaming on a tablet. I place the respective media into a different root folder and then add each of these folders to the emby media library. The different versions are grouped correctly and as a standard user profile to all media folders visible. What I then do is create different user profiles and restrict access to certain folders e.g. For home streaming restrict access to the folder containing the highest quality version. This results in onky that version being visible in the library for that user. It's a bit clunky in terms of file management, but is effective 

• Agree 1

80srule
On 10/28/2022 at 11:58 PM, Junglejim said:

Have you tried FileZilla? That can do ssh,ftp,ftps.. etc. That's what I use to quickly transfer dll files to my OMV server (Emby is located in a docker).

You just have to know the location of your install.

You can also use the terminal to do this but I find FileZilla a lot quicker. :)

I use ssh but you can use the protocol needed for your server. (this is just a local ssh network connection)

Screenshot_2022-10-29_15-37-49.png.61beab6834f03ee908178a4b00ad2b59.png

EDIT: Don't forget to restart your server/emby after transferring the dll 😉

ok I did that got it working. But emby seemed slow and so I uninstalled the plugin in emby to see if that was the cause or something else. But now I put it back in the folder but when I restart emby its not there in emby. Any ideas? 

Hi everyone. Just to confirm, in order to use this plugin I need to be on beta-server, correct? I would presume I should disable automatic updates also?

Thanks

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, spon said:

Just to confirm, in order to use this plugin I need to be on beta-server, correct

Nope, quite the contrary, it might break in any subsequent beta.

24 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Nope, quite the contrary, it might break in any subsequent beta.

Great, thanks for the clarification. 

Happy2Play

@80srule Can you elaborate?  May need to see a server log.

@spon As this version was created back 4.6.x.x there were beta server requirements, but the server has surpassed that version.  Now if you were still on an older version those numbers would still apply.

80srule
2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

@80srule Can you elaborate?  May need to see a server log.

@spon As this version was created back 4.6.x.x there were beta server requirements, but the server has surpassed that version.  Now if you were still on an older version those numbers would still apply.

So I installed the plug in and ran it. But as I said my Emby server seemed slow like I was seeing buffering and it took longer to get something to play. So I uninstalled the plug in. But I just re added it today. but I dont see it in Emby after installing it and rebooting

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play

@80srule Where did you put the plugin?  As it does not appear in the log.  But could be a permissions issues as you have to verify permissions on all plugins you place in plugin folder.

You have a network issue also on all remote communications.

HttpRequestException: Permission denied

You have mutliple errors with different sites:
www.mb3admin.com:443
api.ipify.org:443
connect.emby.media:443
image.tmdb.org:443
artworks.thetvdb.com:443
api.themoviedb.org:443
and more

That seems to indicate your server is not able to communicate with the outside world correctly (at least secured).

I see you're running a virtual server hosted by whatbox.
You'll want to check it's firewall as well as make sure there isn't a VPN or Proxy inline that's causing a problem.

Carlo

Cheesegeezer

Looks like we've managed to update the plugin, to be current Emby Server 4.7.7 (minimum). 

Some Changes to be aware of

1. Automatic Library scan and updates are disabled, too many things are triggering library scans at the moment and entering into an endless loop which will crash the server. 
  2. Moved to a Scheduled task now.
  3. Fully Locked item Metadata can be ignored in the Plugin Settings for grouping.  (Partial field may have worked before but you need to Lock the item itself now)
  4. ".strm" files are ignored from any processing
  5. New plugin Graphics with a big nod to MikePlanet
  6. This is always Mikes plugin and the work he has done is fantastic.  - We only did essential maintenace to keep this alive for you peeps.

@Happy2Playwill post up the new version 1.0.0.4 when he gets round to it.

Thanks all for your support.

• Like 4

80srule
On 11/4/2022 at 5:35 PM, cayars said:

You have mutliple errors with different sites:
www.mb3admin.com:443
api.ipify.org:443
connect.emby.media:443
image.tmdb.org:443
artworks.thetvdb.com:443
api.themoviedb.org:443
and more

That seems to indicate your server is not able to communicate with the outside world correctly (at least secured).

I see you're running a virtual server hosted by whatbox.
You'll want to check it's firewall as well as make sure there isn't a VPN or Proxy inline that's causing a problem.

Carlo

No its fine I have no issues. It was just I saw that on the server I can disable ipv6 I thought that would stop the issue of people connecting via ipv6 which causes no icons to show. But it didnt so I turned it off. 

80srule
On 11/4/2022 at 4:50 PM, Happy2Play said:

@80srule Where did you put the plugin?  As it does not appear in the log.  But could be a permissions issues as you have to verify permissions on all plugins you place in plugin folder.

You have a network issue also on all remote communications.

HttpRequestException: Permission denied

I can see the plug in when I ssh in. Its in the plug ins folder it has the same permissions as all the others. It seems when I told emby I didnt want the plug in from the server now it doesn't want to see it at all. The first time I uploaded the plug-in I did the same thing I dragon dropped it into the plug-ins folder and it showed up in the server. And then I rebooted the server so that it would actually run. No problem but now it doesn't wanna show. I've uploaded a new log file.   I hope this helps. 

The http thing was a issue I fixed. I think you commented on the other thread where I was having problems and I still do about everyone except for a few people who connect to the server cannot do it with out having to manually login or they don't see any icons. And we had discussed that this was them connecting through IPv6. And if they were able to not do that it worked fine. Well the server now has the ability to allow me to turn off IPv6 addresses I thought that would solve that problem. However it didn't it is preventing anybody from being able to play anything and of course gives the permission denied. So I guess that wasn't what I needed to do. So that's fine I just cannot get the plug-in to be seen by the app. Its annoying as all get out as the first time was so simple. 

embyserver.txt

16 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Looks like we've managed to update the plugin, to be current Emby Server 4.7.7 (minimum). 

Some Changes to be aware of

1. Automatic Library scan and updates are disabled, too many things are triggering library scans at the moment and entering into an endless loop which will crash the server. 
  2. Moved to a Scheduled task now.
  3. Fully Locked item Metadata can be ignored in the Plugin Settings for grouping.  (Partial field may have worked before but you need to Lock the item itself now)
  4. ".strm" files are ignored from any processing
  5. New plugin Graphics with a big nod toMikePlanet
  6. This is always Mikes plugin and the work he has done is fantastic.  - We only did essential maintenace to keep this alive for you peeps.

@Happy2Playwill post up the new version 1.0.0.4 when he gets round to it.

Thanks all for your support.

I was going to report it appears some "Library" errors that cause memory to steadily climb until the server crashes is likely happening in this plugin but it appears your aware and already fixed it. :)

Concerning #4 and strm files. This is the reason I and many others use this plugin.  It allows you to load VOD movies without having to dedupe them from your system first. Once grouped they work fine this way.  Will that no longer work for new items?

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, cayars said:

I was going to report it appears some "Library" errors that cause memory to steadily climb until the server crashes is likely happening in this plugin but it appears your aware and already fixed it. :)

Concerning #4 and strm files. This is the reason I and many others use this plugin.  It allows you to load VOD movies without having to dedupe them from your system first. Once grouped they work fine this way.  Will that no longer work for new items?

if they are STRM files then no.  They should never have been included in the original plugin either, as Mike had 

IsVirtual == false;

so only physical files should have been included but this seems to not work for what ever reason.

Happy2Play

I knew that would come up, but I guess the question becomes why would it go rogue on Top Pick strms and not other user strms?

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

I knew that would come up, but I guess the question becomes why would it go rogue on Top Pick strms and not other user strms?

Is a strm file a virtual file?

Happy2Play
18 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Is a strm file a virtual file?

Not in my database.

But retesting original plugin and Top picks I do not see the memory leak as before.

10 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

if they are STRM files then no.  They should never have been included in the original plugin either, as Mike had 

IsVirtual == false;

so only physical files should have been included but this seems to not work for what ever reason.

I don't think that's the case. I did some testing for Mike creating strm files to match some movies I had and we tested 100K+ strm files.  I even tested multiple strm files.

If I were to guess, I'd think the virtual file check was to help make sure there wasn't extras, playlists, other collections getting mixed in.

Happy2Play

With retesting I think it was bad interaction with early versions of Top Picks as I cannot reproduce memory leak with original Auto Collection and current Top Picks.

1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

With retesting I think it was bad interaction with early versions of Top Picks as I cannot reproduce memory leak with original Auto Collection and current Top Picks.

Really? 

There is a switch in the top picks configuration that enables or disables muti version movies. Maybe, havibg that switched off is what is helping.

So strange..  😃

Edited by chef

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, chef said:

Really? 

There is a switch in the top picks configuration that enables or disables muti version movies. Maybe, havibg that switched off is what is helping.

So strange..  😃

Not sure as I have retested with that option on and off without issue on v1 plugin.

Top Picks

image.png.c8f37b2ed49a8003a3cd5f833770aaf5.png

New Releases and Library item

image.png.d9fdaf2fb8d61002e347bcb51bf241ca.png

1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

Not sure as I have retested with that option on and off without issue on v1 plugin.

Top Picks

image.png.c8f37b2ed49a8003a3cd5f833770aaf5.png

New Releases and Library item

image.png.d9fdaf2fb8d61002e347bcb51bf241ca.png

I know what it was that caused it.

The auto grouping plugin (the OG version) acted upon the library scan to start working through it's logic.

Top Picks use to run two library scans, one after another. It no longer does that, I've got it worked out so it only has to run once at the very end.

Running two scans would have caused the grouping plugin to run consecutively, and perhaps even twice at the same time.

I figure that is why it is best to run scheduled tasks instead of acting upon them.

It's definitely good news.

• Like 1