Automatic version grouping for movies

MikePlanet

MangoMC

And 

2022-06-25 15:00:11.603 Error App: Error in TheMovieDb
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.4.0
	Command line: /app/emby/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /app/emby/ffdetect -ffmpeg /app/emby/ffmpeg -ffprobe /app/emby/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 5.13.0-51-generic (buildd@lcy02-amd64-046) (gcc (Ubuntu 9.4.0-1ubuntu1~20.04.1) 9.4.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.34) #58~20.04.
	Framework: .NET 6.0.2
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: app/emby/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /app/emby
	System.ArgumentNullException: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'name')
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.CollectionHelper.AddCollection(List`1 current, LinkedItemInfo newEntry)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.AddCollectionInfo(LinkedItemInfo newEntry)
	   at MovieDb.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.ProcessMainInfo(MetadataResult`1 resultItem, TmdbSettingsResult settings, String preferredCountryCode, CompleteMovieData movieData)
	   at MovieDb.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.FetchMovieData(String tmdbId, String imdbId, String language, String preferredCountryCode, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MovieDb.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.GetMetadata(ItemLookupInfo itemId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: MediaBrowser.Controller
	TargetSite: Boolean AddCollection(System.Collections.Generic.List`1[MediaBrowser.Model.Dto.LinkedItemInfo], MediaBrowser.Model.Dto.LinkedItemInfo)

MangoMC

And 

*** Error Report ***
	Command line: /app/emby/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /app/emby/ffdetect -ffmpeg /app/emby/ffmpeg -ffprobe /app/emby/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 5.13.0-51-generic (buildd@lcy02-amd64-046) (gcc (Ubuntu 9.4.0-1ubuntu1~20.04.1) 9.4.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.34) #58~20.04.
	System.ArgumentNullException: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'name')
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.CollectionHelper.AddCollection(List`1 current, LinkedItemInfo newEntry)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.AddCollectionInfo(LinkedItemInfo newEntry)
	   at MovieDb.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.ProcessMainInfo(MetadataResult`1 resultItem, TmdbSettingsResult settings, String preferredCountryCode, CompleteMovieData movieData)
	   at MovieDb.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.FetchMovieData(String tmdbId, String imdbId, String language, String preferredCountryCode, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MovieDb.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.GetMetadata(ItemLookupInfo itemId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	TargetSite: Boolean AddCollection(System.Collections.Generic.List`1[MediaBrowser.Model.Dto.LinkedItemInfo], MediaBrowser.Model.Dto.LinkedItemInfo)

MangoMC

And 

*** Error Report ***

Alex3111

Currently running:
O/S:  Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
EMBY Server Installation via Docker
Version 4.8.0.3 beta
Advanced > My Plugins: Auto Movie Version Collections v1.0.0.0

Have multiple movies with same titles, simply different quality versions; 720, 1080, 4K.

Emby is showing each movie separately; noticed it with the latest movie imported.  I can select all 3 versions and "Group Versions" which then will show what it is intended, BUT it is not doing it automatically.

• When I select Advanced > Plugins > Auto Movie Version Collections It will bring the plugin, no checkmark for 'Do not change grouping if potential parts of a group are locked' and a continuous blue circle spins in the middle of the screen under 'Update Movie Version Collections'. (pic below)image.jpeg.87a7cf510b6d8325831bc241ad6a9cbd.jpeg
  • I have selected the 'Update Movie Version Collections' and shows a quick 'Movie Version Collection Refresh Started' dialog box, but having pass over 12 hours and haven't seen movies get grouped automatically; as I can only presume is how it works.

Screenshot 2022-06-25 103721.jpg

Screenshot 2022-06-25 104045.jpg

• 1 month later...
lawprior
On 13/10/2020 at 02:24, Luke said:

It's a feature we can look at integrating into the server in future updates. Thanks.

It's 2022 and this is still an annoying as hell bug.

• 4 weeks later...
Happy2Play
4 hours ago, 80srule said:

So I downloaded the latest version. But I do not see instructions on what to do with the dll file that was downloaded? Thank you

Depending on your install platform you put in the Emby programdata plugins folder, and restart Emby.

Happy2Play

@80srule You will have to ssh to Emby Data path.

Log show path, example from snippet above.

So it should be something like /config/plugins, but don't know this platform.

MagicDoubleM

Here's a little feature-request/idea. I have a library that I don't want to end up being included in such collections, these versions of a movie should stay separate, while other vrsions of that movie in different library should be combined... So, how about giving the option to tick, which libs get the treatment and which not? 

• 5 weeks later...
80srule

So how do you drop this dll file into emby? I know the path but when I drop it in the CMD it doesnt seem to do anything. I haven't ever installed a file in that manor. I have only done wget where im installing an app. 
SO what do I do? 
Also I thought there was a way to add a url for plugins 3rd party in emby but I dont see it now. 

Happy2Play
45 minutes ago, 80srule said:

So how do you drop this dll file into emby? I know the path but when I drop it in the CMD it doesnt seem to do anything. I haven't ever installed a file in that manor. I have only done wget where im installing an app. 
SO what do I do? 
Also I thought there was a way to add a url for plugins 3rd party in emby but I dont see it now. 

What platform?  But it goes in Emby programdata\plugins, depending on your platform you may have to verify permissions also.

80srule
22 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

What platform?  But it goes in Emby programdata\plugins, depending on your platform you may have to verify permissions also.

Linux remote server. 

80srule
On 10/27/2022 at 1:10 AM, Happy2Play said:

OK? We’ll see I have the directories. The problem is when I drag and drop the DLL. It doesn’t seem to work using a command line interface and I didn’t know if there was a way to do this through a web browser or something?

Junglejim

43 minutes ago, 80srule said:

OK? We’ll see I have the directories. The problem is when I drag and drop the DLL. It doesn’t seem to work using a command line interface and I didn’t know if there was a way to do this through a web browser or something?

Have you tried FileZilla? That can do ssh,ftp,ftps.. etc. That's what I use to quickly transfer dll files to my OMV server (Emby is located in a docker).

You just have to know the location of your install.

You can also use the terminal to do this but I find FileZilla a lot quicker. :)

I use ssh but you can use the protocol needed for your server. (this is just a local ssh network connection)

Screenshot_2022-10-29_15-37-49.png.61beab6834f03ee908178a4b00ad2b59.png

EDIT: Don't forget to restart your server/emby after transferring the dll 😉

Edited by Junglejim

You should check and probably change the ownership and privileges of the dll as well after coping it to the plugin folder.

I typically just use SSH myself as I know that's on any computer I use.  You could always setup a script that moves any files it finds in one directory to the Emby plugin directory then sets user rights to the whole directory.  That way you could copy files via windows file manager or any other util to this source directory then kick off the script.  A need way of running scripts easily on Synology NAS for example is via Task Manager.

80srule

I got it. I used FileZilla to drag and drop it in. 
It does seem to slow down the server a bit. I was using the search to look for a movie and it took a bit to pull it up where normally its pretty quick. 
But maybe once it completes its initial scan it will be fine. 

80srule

One question. Is there a way to keep it from merging 1080p and 4k together? I just have some duplicates or I have some 720 and then 1080 to prevent transcoding. But its combining all the 4k together with the HD movie.

But isn't that a good thing? This way if your client can play the 4K it can choose that option but if it would cause a transcode another version would be tried first.

To me that works good.

What I find a problem is Director Editions and commentary versions.  I've learned to rename them and use them as extras.

80srule
On 10/30/2022 at 9:51 PM, cayars said:

But isn't that a good thing? This way if your client can play the 4K it can choose that option but if it would cause a transcode another version would be tried first.

To me that works good.

What I find a problem is Director Editions and commentary versions.  I've learned to rename them and use them as extras.

I have a separate section just for 4K I dont want 4k mixed in together with other stuff. Thats why I made a 4k section and most people are not going to know and just click play and then that will choose the 4k version 

GrimReaper
14 minutes ago, 80srule said:

I have a separate section just for 4K I dont want 4k mixed in together with other stuff. Thats why I made a 4k section and most people are not going to know and just click play and then that will choose the 4k version 

Folder access control - revoke access for other users.

• Like 2

I had a separate 4K section as well but combined them keeping the 4K in it's own subtree as GrimReaper mentioned.  So now for each client I can grant them access to the 4K or not.  This was when searching or resuming I don't get multiple posters showing up but just one.

Works really well for me!

Carlo

• Like 2

Carlo, I generally agree and this definitely is a great plugin as it just works.

The only concern I have is what happens when Mike stops maintaining this, will someone from the core jump in? Will it finally be made available in the core as it already is for tv shows?