Automatic version grouping for movies

MikePlanet

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, jlficken said:

Ah..okay.  I missed what that was referring to while skimming the thread.

Hopefully it can be fixed some day.

I have not tested this but if you need that option you may be able to shutdown Emby go to the AutoCollections.xml and manually edit it, then start Emby.

Path will vary on each platform "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\configurations\AutoCollections.xml"

jlficken
On 2/15/2021 at 7:24 PM, MikePlanet said:

just noticed the same with 2 movies here just now - I suppose this is an internal server/library issue, as the plugin calls the server for the grouping. However, I solved the issue manually by splitting the affected movies in the GUI - afterwards they could successfully be grouped without further loops.

@MikePlanet

Mine is doing that too.  How did you figure out which movie was causing it to loop?

jlficken
1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

I have not tested this but if you need that option you may be able to shutdown Emby go to the AutoCollections.xml and manually edit it, then start Emby.

Path will vary on each platform "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\configurations\AutoCollections.xml"

Okay.  Thanks for the tip!  I don't necessarily need it I just thought I was doing something wrong.

jlficken

I wound up just removing the directory from my movie library that had the most movies in it, scanning the library so they'd be removed, and then added the directory back and scanned it again.

Now everything is good it appears an it's no longer looping.

MikePlanet
13 hours ago, jlficken said:

@MikePlanet

Mine is doing that too.  How did you figure out which movie was causing it to loop?

...you fixed it already, but to answer your question: The name of the grouped movies are written to the emby log - so I checked those, searched them in the webGUI, selected the one(s) affectged, splitted them in the GUI and all was fine (plugin will join them again).

jlficken
1 hour ago, MikePlanet said:

...you fixed it already, but to answer your question: The name of the grouped movies are written to the emby log - so I checked those, searched them in the webGUI, selected the one(s) affectged, splitted them in the GUI and all was fine (plugin will join them again).

Huh.  I didn't see anything related to specific titles.  If it does it again I'll have to track it down.

loomes

What a great Plugin. Thanks for this.
But now i have a Graphic in the top right corner of the Covers from grouped movies (Screenshot).
Is this from the Plugin or does Emby this by herself?
And is there a way to disable this?

Whatsthis.png

Happy2Play
3 hours ago, loomes said:

What a great Plugin. Thanks for this.
But now i have a Graphic in the top right corner of the Covers from grouped movies (Screenshot).
Is this from the Plugin or does Emby this by herself?
And is there a way to disable this?

Whatsthis.png

I know it is not from this plugin, it is from the CoverArt plugin and no option to disable that I am aware of.  I believe you have to use ignore or Plain treatment on Movies to not show this indicator.  @ebr

• Like 1

neik

Just thinking out loud but with tags and chef's auto tagging plugin in place, isn't it possible to keep both version in one library and restrict/allow acces by tags?

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, neik said:

Just thinking out loud but with tags and chef's auto tagging plugin in place, isn't it possible to keep both version in one library and restrict/allow acces by tags?

As long as both or correct versions are tagged you can do this without plugins, but the UI only tags one version with the servers auto multi-versioning.  Haven't done any testing with this plugin though.

loomes
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

I know it is not from this plugin, it is from the CoverArt plugin and no option to disable that I am aware of.  I believe you have to use ignore or Plain treatment on Movies to not show this indicator.  @ebr

Thank you, thats it. With Plain (my Setting) its there, with ignore its gone.

neik
10 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

As long as both or correct versions are tagged you can do this without plugins, but the UI only tags one version with the servers auto multi-versioning.  Haven't done any testing with this plugin though.

Me neither, I only have one 4K file (on 4K TV yet) and it is in a seperate library but there it is recognized and tagged properly by the plugin.
As said, I was just thinking loud.. 🙂

dual-o

is it possible to tag all movies found with a specific name?

Like: tag all movies (and of course all versions of the movies) named xxx,yyy,zzz with "DC Extended Universe"

• 3 weeks later...
kaledi

Hi - I have a beta server running on my PC (latest version).  I installed this plugin but it didn't actually group my movies.  I realised that I didn't have the latest version, so corrected that, but EMBY server will no longer recognise the plug in even after a server restart.

Any suggestions?

kaledi

So I can't seem to get this plugin to work on a Windows installation running the latest beta, nor on my Shield TV (Pro 2019) - latest stable release.  It works on my Synology NAS installation.

I have previously worked on all installations.  I have recently changed my library location - migrated to Synology NAS - so the Synology is a fresh install, whilst the Windows and Shield TV have been available for some time and I updated the libraries.

• 1 month later...
MovieTimeTonight

Hi,

Big Thank you for this plugin 🙂

Anybody who allready test the plugin with newest beta 4.6.0.46?

With best regards

Michael

fuzzynet
9 hours ago, MovieTimeTonight said:

Hi,

Big Thank you for this plugin 🙂

Anybody who allready test the plugin with newest beta 4.6.0.46?

With best regards

Michael

Yes working fine here.

kaledi

Does this plugin work with Synology NAS with DSM beta installed and the appropriate version of EMBY server?

If so, where is the plugin folder now stored in DSM 7?

3 hours ago, kaledi said:

Does this plugin work with Synology NAS with DSM beta installed and the appropriate version of EMBY server?

If so, where is the plugin folder now stored in DSM 7?

For me it':
/var/packages/EmbyServer/var/plugins

You can usually find the "base" to where Emby stores things looking at the Dashboard Paths section.  Here is what my Path looks like on DSM7
image.png.412717cd1f953cd28e3a57863f6b1833.png

So you can see they all have the base path then the "cache", "logs", "metadata", etc.  Just remove that last part and replace it with "plugin" for it's folder location.

Hope that helps.

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, fmfm1214 said:

4.6.0.50 has expired, please fix please fix please fix

Sorry what exactly do you mean?

fmfm1214
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

对不起,您是什么意思?

Emby 4.6.0.50 version of this plugin is no longer available, please update.

Happy2Play
Just now, fmfm1214 said:

Emby 4.6.0.50 version of this plugin is no longer available, please update.

Sorry have you updated via first post "AutoCollections-for-4.6.0.22-betaServer.zip"?