Automatic version grouping for movies

MikePlanet

5 minutes ago, cayars said:

Yea, you shouldn't have to do that as it causes dupes in the DB. I get the fact there might not have been an alternative however. :)

@chef By any chance did you try a type other than 8 for the new records?  I'm sure you never gave it a thought since other than this plugin what you did would work well.

I can't really comment other than working with the DB as I haven't done any Emby plugin dev (yet) but this would be the root of this problem.  The automatic group plugin is doing things correctly grouping them if they are marked as movies (type=8).

Possible "hack" that could work between the two plugins.  You could try doing a DB update for the channels that are type 9 and mark them virtual and see if the channel still works.  If so grouping could eliminate the virtual entries from grouping.

I'll give it a try. :)

jaketame

I'm getting errors with both beta versions of this. No logs in embyserver.txt but console errors;

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: $(...).checked is not a function
    at <anonymous>:45:59 (VM153:45 )

Points to this line of code;

$('#chkDoNotChangeLockedItems', page).checked(config.DoNotChangeLockedItems || false).checkboxradio("refresh");

Within the plugin itself, it doesn't trigger any merging and just get a constant loading loop.

MikePlanet
4 hours ago, jaketame said:

I'm getting errors with both beta versions of this. No logs in embyserver.txt but console errors;

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: $(...).checked is not a function
    at <anonymous>:45:59 (VM153:45 )

Points to this line of code;

$('#chkDoNotChangeLockedItems', page).checked(config.DoNotChangeLockedItems || false).checkboxradio("refresh");

Within the plugin itself, it doesn't trigger any merging and just get a constant loading loop.

just ignore the setting - if the plugins is present, it will work by itself (automatically triggered on changes)

jaketame
2 hours ago, MikePlanet said:

just ignore the setting - if the plugins is present, it will work by itself (automatically triggered on changes)

Thanks. I refresh Plugins and looks like might have been a permission issue with my docker container. Now merged :) Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
bakes82

@MikePlanetare you willing to implement the changes so it doesn’t merge outside of a library maybe it can be a toggle?  I’ll even set it myself in the json file so you don’t need a ui :)

• 3 weeks later...
gsites
On 12/17/2020 at 7:18 AM, manzajaro said:

Hello, 

I'm using the latest version of the plugin (4.2.0.17), since some time ago it loops and doesn't stop, attached image.

Captura.PNG

for me too

• 4 weeks later...
Happy2Play

I can assume the plugin needs a nuget update like the rest did with update 4.6.0.22. @MikePlanet

added note in first post.

Edited by Happy2Play

MarcusJ

Alright, I know in advance this is a stupid question - no need to point it out...

I have not yet loaded this plugin, as I'm not sure it will help me with the problem I have. I have a movie title that has more than 10 versions, but that movie does NOT exist on TMDB. Can the plugin be fooled by my adding a fictitious TMDB id to each version?

6 hours ago, MarcusJ said:

I have not yet loaded this plugin, as I'm not sure it will help me with the problem I have. I have a movie title that has more than 10 versions, but that movie does NOT exist on TMDB. Can the plugin be fooled by my adding a fictitious TMDB id to each version?

Why not just merge them manually?

• Like 1

MikePlanet
On 12/17/2020 at 11:18 AM, manzajaro said:

Hello, 

I'm using the latest version of the plugin (4.2.0.17), since some time ago it loops and doesn't stop, attached image.

Captura.PNG

just noticed the same with 2 movies here just now - I suppose this is an internal server/library issue, as the plugin calls the server for the grouping. However, I solved the issue manually by splitting the affected movies in the GUI - afterwards they could successfully be grouped without further loops.

MikePlanet
On 2/5/2021 at 10:22 AM, Happy2Play said:

I can assume the plugin needs a nuget update like the rest did with update 4.6.0.22. @MikePlanet

added note in first post.

done.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Happy2Play
15 minutes ago, AlanPlay said:

It needs to be updated again 4.6.0.30

Sorry what is wrong with the 4.6.0.22 version in first post?

It just grouped a item in my test.

@MikePlanet Only issues I see is the Configurations page give the spinning circle.

jlficken

I installed this on 4.5.4.0 server and while it seems to work but when I go to the settings of the plugin a circle just spins and I can't check the "Do not change grouping if potential parts of a group are locked" and have it save.

Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by jlficken

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, jlficken said:

I installed this on 4.5.4.0 server and while it seems to work when I go to the settings of the plugin a circle just spins and I can't check the "Do not change grouping if potential parts of a group are locked" and have it save.

Am I doing something wrong?

No it has actually done this for awhile now.  But it was reported on the lower half of page 7 with the dev response on page 8.

jlficken
4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

No it has actually done this for awhile now.  But it was reported on the lower half of page 7 with the dev response on page 8.

Ah..okay.  I missed what that was referring to while skimming the thread.

Hopefully it can be fixed some day.