errolae

Server Migration (Backup & Restore)

pclausen

I uninstalled the latest beta and installed the 3.4.1.0 release, and everything worked and I was able to restore from backup using the plugin.  I didn't realize it also restores all my plugins.  That is a very cool feature!

Once it is done scanning the media library, I'll switch to the latest beta again I think, but I'm going to image the drive first with Macrium Reflect!

Edited by pclausen

Luke

Hopefully you installed stable clean and fresh. It is not safe to do an over the top rollback.

pclausen

Yep, I completely removed all traces of the beta install before doing the clean install of the stable release.

pclausen

How do I switch back to the Beta train?

Under Settings/Automatic Updates, I have checked both "Enable automatic server updates" and "Allow the server to restart automatically to apply updates".  I see nothing here to switch to the Beta train.

CBers

How do I switch back to the Beta train?

Under Settings/Automatic Updates, I have checked both "Enable automatic server updates" and "Allow the server to restart automatically to apply updates".  I see nothing here to switch to the Beta train.

You have to shutdown Emby server, download the beta setup.exe from the website and install.

• Like 1

pclausen

Thanks. That did the trick.

pclausen

Since migrating to the new server (same hardware, just a new C: drive), none of my clients are able to log in automatically any longer.  I have Shield, Apple TV and Roku clients.  Symptoms are similar on all 3 client types and are as follows:

Shield - Takes a long time to start, and I'm present with the user list each time, and I then pick a user and have to enter the password.  Then I'm good for that session.  In the Emby config on the Shield, I do have it set to log in as a specific user like I always have, and set to NOT require the password be typed in.  But despite this, I have to go through the motions each time I pick the Emby app.

Apple TV - Shows 2 Emby server icons (both are same IP and Port).  I pick one and then a user and then password and I'm in.  If I tell it for forget one of them, I can no longer get in.  When I launch the Emby app, I just get a white screen and a reboot of the Apple TV is needed to get back, at which time I'm back to the 2 Emby server icons.  I can get in as long as I don't try to forget one of the server icons first.

Roku - Haven't tried it first hand, but based on what I was told, it behaves similar to the other 2 clients.

So the issue must be on the server side.  Under devices I see all 3 client and the user that most recently logged in from each.  If I click the little dots and choose to delete the device, it gets ignored and it is still there.

p.s. I don't have any of that "easy pin" stuff enabled.

Never had this type of issue before.  Any idea what might be going on?

Edited by pclausen

Luke

Try clearing their app data in case that might help.

CBers

WRT to Shield, change the option to always login with this user, to always display the login screen.

Log out and in and then change the option back.

That normally fixes that issue.

pclausen

That did the trick on the Shield!  (Luke's suggestion)

I'm not seeing a similar function on the AppleTV.  I guess worse case I can uninstall Emby and reinstall it.  But I'll try something along the lines of what you suggested CB on the AppleTV and Roku's.

Edited by pclausen

Fratopolis

Luke, For windows can people not just backup their entire emby-server folder if using Windows? Then no need to reinvite people to reattach accounts.

Luke

As long as the new install will be replacing the old one, yes.