Mouse cursor reappears on media change, does not disappear

SenatorIvy

Sorry Luke, I should have been more detailed in my original description.

Even though the mouse cursor remains, it has absolutely no control over the playing video and will not bring up the OSD again.

• 3 weeks later...

Yet I can verify what others have reported. In my case I also use a Harmony remote to launch ET maximized. Is this a common thread among those affected? Maybe something with how I'm launching ET in my Harmony activity??

The PC never sleeps or shuts down. When the TV shuts off, ET is closed. Once the TV and AVR power on, I hit a button to launch a fresh instance of ET. It used to work fine and the mouse would disappear after a moment of inactivity. Now it no longer works. The remote's programming hasn't changed.

I just installed that auto mouse hiding utility mentioned above and while it works for now, it's pretty cheesy.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I have a similar setup to yours, with the same issue.

My HTPC rarely turns off, I use a Harmony remote that executes "Win+1" to open Emby from the quick launch bar in Windows 10. When it first opens, the mouse disappears as it should, but after watching one episode of a tv show, the cursor comes back as soon as the next episode starts and I have to manually move the mouse to get it to disappear again. This happens consistently every time a new episode starts. I'd rather not have to resort to 3rd party bloatware to solve this issue, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone found a fix for this? Apparently no one else in my house even notices it happening, but it drives me nuts looking at the cursor on the screen and then having to get off the couch to "jiggle the mouse" every time the next episode starts playing...

infinitereality

I'm still using that little program with no issues.  Just thankful I don't have to fix or hide the arrow everyday when I turn on my projector and put it on the HTPC

• Like 1

blumamba

I have had this happen too.  I never leave the mouse on unless I am going to use it.  When I boot up the pc emby loads as it should.  It loads full screen but upon playing media there is a white horizontal line where the task bar is at the bottom left which is the emby icon.  I have to power on the mouse max/min screen, even though it was in full screen.  Then the mouse issue starts.  I move it to the top right just off the screen so it will disappear and it turns into the resize.  If I leave it in the top visible area, it never goes away.  I have to get it just right in the very corner before it disappears.

Dont know if that helps or not?

I have had this happen too.  I never leave the mouse on unless I am going to use it.  When I boot up the pc emby loads as it should.  It loads full screen but upon playing media there is a white horizontal line where the task bar is at the bottom left which is the emby icon.  I have to power on the mouse max/min screen, even though it was in full screen.  Then the mouse issue starts.  I move it to the top right just off the screen so it will disappear and it turns into the resize.  If I leave it in the top visible area, it never goes away.  I have to get it just right in the very corner before it disappears.

Dont know if that helps or not?

As I mentioned in my other thread that you commented on, THIS little program (mentioned earlier on in this thread) fixed the mouse cursor issue for me completely. It's a workaround, but it does work.

Yes pmac.  As I said I have had that happen too.  It doesnt fix the horizontal bar at the bottom of the task bar however.

Have you enabled auto hiding of the task bar?

blumamba

Yes I did that and it still shows.  It shows the tip of the box which is the white horizontal line.  Its weird and I cant pin down what triggers it as its not all the time. It can play a movie all the way through no problem, start another one and its there.  If I pause the movie it may or may not show up depending on if I have to stop the movie and hit resume to get the sound back that somehow gets dropped.  That is another thread however and I am not done trying to figure that out at the moment.  When I give up I will post that question!

I have seen this before with auto-hide enabled, but if you turn that off, i don't think you'll get that line anymore.

• 2 weeks later...