New QNAP Package for Testing

Luke

@@Luke - Log file attached to this comment, last line says 

Error PortMapper: Error creating port map: The format of value 'text/xml; charset="utf-8"' is invalid.

Did you forget to attach the log? thanks.

alucryd

I installed the latest version after uninstalling ffmpeg and qmono and emby. I now get this error whenever I try to run Emby Could not find a part of the path "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Emby/Emby/dashboard-ui/index.html"

I don't know how to determine if this is a permissions issue or something else and how do I resolve on a QNAP TS 451+

Any help would be appreciated.

It looks like it's still trying to access the old package's dashboard, maybe the official QNAP package has some apache proxy configuration that wasn't removed upon uninstallation. Did restarting and resinstalling fix the issue? Can you share the URL that gives you this error?

• Like 1

joelang6126

Try removing the kodi sync plugin as well as the restart plugin.

Still crashing regularly, reinstalled the plugin and rebooted a few times. 

raven-au

We do have vaapi support included. Do those models not support that?

I'm not familiar with how the hardware transcoding fits together but ...

It looks like you have included dependencies for Intel GPUs only.

For example in EmbyServer/lib there is one dri user space driver, i965_drv_video.so, for Intel GPUs.

I'm not sure which userspace driver would be required for Radeon GPUs.

On my Fedora machine I see radeon_dri.so, radeonsi_dri.so and radeonsi_drv_video.so perhaps the last one.

I also don't know what Radeon devices are supported.

And I don't know if there are other dependencies.

Finally, I saw comments that Radeon hardware acceleration was not the best but that's not really a good justification for not trying to do as complete an implementation as can be done.

I think it's worth some investigation at least.

Ian

Sensei Luke, here the promised log attached (newest qnap emby server version). I see no errors whatsoever. Just launched Emby and hit restart - Emby hangs at restarting prompt although it reports proper shutdown in the log. I guess the start command is not sent again after the shut down happened but I am not a pro ;(

Luke sensei, any news regarding this error? It's the only one I still encounter. If you need more logs, let me know, thanks :)

Syvedris

I have some problems with the connection, when I boot up my Emby on my TS-251+ it works fine for like 15 min and then I getting a connecting refused. It affected also my local network, so I can't access Emby locally. I think it's something in the system and I can provide you the log if you want to.

Please let me know I tried anything to fix it and with the QNAP forum build I didn't had this issue.

I have some problems with the connection, when I boot up my Emby on my TS-251+ it works fine for like 15 min and then I getting a connecting refused. It affected also my local network, so I can't access Emby locally. I think it's something in the system and I can provide you the log if you want to.

Please let me know I tried anything to fix it and with the QNAP forum build I didn't had this issue.

Please see how to report a problem. Thanks !

TS-453a

Dumped everything and restarted with the latest version.....TV library added (35,083 episodes) and all's well. Took time to add all of the data, but i expected that. 

Only problem was where it was interrupted once during a scan and stopping and restarting failed....restarting would cause it to crash when attempting to access

the dashboard from the main page. Restarting and going directly to the dashboard...( http://192.168.0.113:8096/web/dashboard.html).I was able to complete the 

scan and everything went well after that. It might be worth making the opening landing page an option...I wouldn't mind it going directly into the dashboard upon

the server restart.

I'll add the Movie Library in a few days and let you know of any problem. 

One other thing...I no longer ran into the problem where the Emby user would be disabled by QNAP for exceeding quota...even though no quota was set.

Fuechslein

Thats kinda the same thing as I am experiencing, although for me it crashes way earlier than 15 minutes.

Syvedris

Dear Luke,

Thanks for the information and below the post you can find my log file.

https://paste2.org/mYWJhF2y

Edit:

I found someting in the log:

2017-10-19 23:39:48.038 Error PortMapper: Error creating port map: The format of value 'text/xml; charset="utf-8"' is invalid.

and

*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.33.9
	Command line: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata -ffmpeg /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffprobe -updatepackage emby-server-qnap_{version}_x86_64.qpkg
	Operating system: Unix 4.2.8.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata
	Application directory: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Connection to https://www.thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/121361/3436441.jpg timed out ---> System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.

Is this someting I can fix? I have run some reboots and got the same error over and over.

Edit:

The Emby server continue working when I turn of SSL. But with the QNAP community build SSL works, but when I use the Emby build I think it doesn't.

7YyB4BN.png

Edit:

I think I found the problem and I also think its solved, you need to delete "/CACHEDEV1_DATA/" in the "Custom ssl certificate path:" (see screenshots below)

Fo4cKCs.png

2NUlKLJ.png

For now im running the server with no problems but if they come back i'll let you know. :)

*** This method didn't work after some minutes the problem returned. ***

Im out of options the only thing works if I turn off "Require https for external connections" so what is next?

Edited by Syvedris

wizardtv90

@@Syvedris - I have the same problem and complained about it few days ago. At that time I thought I am doing something wrong as no other complained about it!

I tried following too -

made public and local port number same (made sure both are accessible from outside of network, port forwarding)

unchecked HTTPS required

unchecked uPnP mapping

After doing all these, I was able to connect remotely and avoided crash for "long" time. Of course, it still crashes, connection refused, after sometime.

I’m about a week into playing around with it, and everything is working perfectly except for when I turned on the hardware transcoding feature mid-week and everything stopped working until I re-booted them. It got screwy on my NUC too. It’s fine again. I have enough CPU not to mess with that feature again.

My NUC Skull Canyon with Windows 10 and QNAP TVS-871 (both i7 with ~10K passmark scores) are both running Emby on the same massive media library and QNAP built the library quicker (and updates faster) and generally operates more efficiently (than the NUC Emby server) despite all same features being enabled on both. If I didn’t know better, I would have guessed that the Windows 10 Emby Server was the beta.

I have had Plex Pass (lifetime) for a couple of years now, but saw enough I liked to get Emby Premiere (lifetime) in the past week especially with the ability to customize personal media in ways Plex cannot.

So I guess nothing really helpful to report other than Emby was easy to install on my QNAP, it built out the library with the metadata very fast (much faster than Plex) and is working well when streamed on the LAN to my Apple TV, Roku, IPad, IPhone, and remote (via WAN) to a Chrome browser via my office windows PC (via http direct and Emby.TV Login). Had to open the port on my router, but that was it.

flyingfufu

Hello,

First of all, thanks for this version! The installation was easy, the speed is just incredible. Basically it is working well.

I have only one issue which I'm not able to sort out, despite extensive tests. I'm not able to get the media info extracted from the .iso files. It was working perfectly well on the Community pkg, but I don't get it working here. Media info are extracted properly on all other file types.

Any ideas how to fix it will be welcome...

server-63644265891.txt

Hello,

First of all, thanks for this version! The installation was easy, the speed is just incredible. Basically it is working well.

I have only one issue which I'm not able to sort out, despite extensive tests. I'm not able to get the media info extracted from the .iso files. It was working perfectly well on the Community pkg, but I don't get it working here. Media info are extracted properly on all other file types.

Any ideas how to fix it will be welcome...

Hi, this isn't supported. For a better experience consider converting to mkv video files. Thanks.

flyingfufu

Thanks for this quick feedback. However I'm surprised as it was working on the Mono version from the community... I'm not looking to revert back, mainly because of the operating speed, so bad news since I would rather keep the iso format.

Regards,

Thanks for this quick feedback. However I'm surprised as it was working on the Mono version from the community... I'm not looking to revert back, mainly because of the operating speed, so bad news since I would rather keep the iso format.

Regards,

It requires the use of API's that are not available in .net core. Not to mention it requires sudo which is a deal breaker for most anyway. So it would have to be rebuilt some other way.

It requires the use of API's that are not available in .net core. Not to mention it requires sudo which is a deal breaker for most anyway. So it would have to be rebuilt some other way.

Hi Luke,

I understand it is not possible to mount the iso and extract video info, but is it still possible to add iso files to the lib and direct play the file (in Kodi fx)?

Thx!

flyingfufu

Would love to see this working in the futur  :P .

Thanks again for your great job !

Regards,

Just tried this out last night and I ran into some problems.  I had the Qnap_Stephane version installed previously.

First, I can't get to Emby from the Emby Server icon which tries to load over https on port 8920. Nothing loads. I can get to Emby if I manually use non-https and port 8096. Then I tried changing the https port in Emby to 8921. That didn't work, and the Emby Server icon still brings up 8920. I'm thinking Emby probably requires a certificate be configured in order to use https, but if thats the case it shouldn't try to load over https on the initial run. Also, the shortcut in QNAP should load the corresponding port configured in Emby.

Next a question, should there be an Emby user and group? I don't have either on my QNAP but I saw mentions of them in this thread. I uninstalled and rebooted the QNAP several times no change.