New QNAP Package for Testing

Luke

Hi Guys,

I have been able to find the latest update for Emby, where can I find the 3.2.33.19 version as the package link at the beginning of this still shows 3.2.33.9 but that the drop box link doesn't exist

Regards

Shane

Hi Guys,

I have been able to find the latest update for Emby, where can I find the 3.2.33.19 version as the package link at the beginning of this still shows 3.2.33.9 but that the drop box link doesn't exist

Regards

Shane

Hi @@austie, click the link in the first post. Where does that take you?

Sensei Luke, here the promised log attached (newest qnap emby server version). I see no errors whatsoever. Just launched Emby and hit restart - Emby hangs at restarting prompt although it reports proper shutdown in the log. I guess the start command is not sent again after the shut down happened but I am not a pro ;(

Dear Luke, just now tried newest package, same error, restart from dashboard does not work. Details and log in my post from 16th... Thanks.

One more question for the future, is it planned to talk to the qnap guys and include always the newest emby package (when this package is out of testing status) in the official qnap store repo or is this out of the question due to various limitations?

Edited by sectune

Fuechslein

3.2.33.19 is up for testing:

• Support volume selection
  • Fix dashboard opening up with ssl.

Thanks guys.

It still defaults to ssl for me. If I remove the line Web_SSL_Port = 8920 from /etc/config/qpkg.conf then it works. Might wanna remove that in the config you append to the qpkg.conf file. I dont know if you can still edit the file after install but thats where you'd probably also have to set the user selected ports from emby if you can still write to it.

Volume can only be changed after installation, that might be a limitation of manually installed packages, not sure. Otherwise it works fine.

Restart function in emby dashboard still doesnt work. No Errors, it emby just cant be accessed anymore.I attached the logs.

Server hasn't crashed yet this time, but indexing is still far from done....

Log.txt

Hello there,

I installed the QPKG but i'm not able to use it.

The server is launch but nothing answer on the port with the new QPKG.

Did it worked fine when you just installed it guys ?

Hello there,

This worked for me without any issues. Try to deactivate the current package from qnap club if you have it installed and stop and launch the test package again.

Fuechslein

Hello there,

If you use the dashboard to start emby, change https to http and 8920 to 8096 in the address and try again. It should look something like http://[address]:8096

Edited by Fuechslein
  • Like 1

BradJMelb

Hi Everyone,

I have a QNAP TS-653Pro and have been testing with this new package. I jumped onboard with version 3.2.33.9 and have just done an in place upgrade to 3.2.33.19. Great work by Luke and the team as it's running nearly perfectly. I've moved over from Stephane's QNAP Community version and it was a seamless transition.

I've been trying to get HW VAAPI transcoding working and I'm not having any luck. My model NAS does support this so I'm a little lost. I'm hoping that others that have this successfully working can show me where I'm going wrong. Whenever I'm transcoding I get high CPU utilisation on ffmpeg (70-80% for a 1080p MKV with h264 video). When looking at the logs I can see that it's throwing errors saying that it cannot find a driver and then a device. See below:

ffmpeg version 3.4 Copyright © 2000-2017 the FFmpeg developers

built with gcc 6.3.0 (crosstool-NG crosstool-ng-1.23.0)
ffmpeg version 3.4 Copyright © 2000-2017 the FFmpeg developers
configuration: --enable-cross-compile --cross-prefix=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu- --arch=x86_64 --target-os=linux --prefix=/srv/buildbot/x64/staging --pkg-config=pkg-config --disable-static --disable-cuda --disable-cuvid --disable-iconv --disable-nvenc --disable-doc --disable-ffplay --disable-ffserver --disable-xlib --enable-shared --enable-fontconfig --enable-gnutls --enable-gpl --enable-libass --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopus --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libzvbi --enable-vaapi --extra-libs='-ldl -ldrm -lexpat -lfreetype -lfribidi -lfontconfig -lgmp -lhogweed -lnettle -lpng'
built with gcc 6.3.0 (crosstool-NG crosstool-ng-1.23.0)
libavutil 55. 78.100 / 55. 78.100
configuration: --enable-cross-compile --cross-prefix=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu- --arch=x86_64 --target-os=linux --prefix=/srv/buildbot/x64/staging --pkg-config=pkg-config --disable-static --disable-cuda --disable-cuvid --disable-iconv --disable-nvenc --disable-doc --disable-ffplay --disable-ffserver --disable-xlib --enable-shared --enable-fontconfig --enable-gnutls --enable-gpl --enable-libass --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopus --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libzvbi --enable-vaapi --extra-libs='-ldl -ldrm -lexpat -lfreetype -lfribidi -lfontconfig -lgmp -lhogweed -lnettle -lpng'
libavcodec 57.107.100 / 57.107.100
libavutil 55. 78.100 / 55. 78.100
libavformat 57. 83.100 / 57. 83.100
libavcodec 57.107.100 / 57.107.100
libavdevice 57. 10.100 / 57. 10.100
libavformat 57. 83.100 / 57. 83.100
libavfilter 6.107.100 / 6.107.100
libavdevice 57. 10.100 / 57. 10.100
libswscale 4. 8.100 / 4. 8.100
libavfilter 6.107.100 / 6.107.100
libswresample 2. 9.100 / 2. 9.100
libswscale 4. 8.100 / 4. 8.100
libpostproc 54. 7.100 / 54. 7.100
libswresample 2. 9.100 / 2. 9.100
libva info: VA-API version 0.40.0
libpostproc 54. 7.100 / 54. 7.100
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 1
Input #0, matroska,webm, from 'file:/share/MD0_DATA/Data/Movies/Ant-Man (2015)/Ant-Man.2015.1080p.BluRay.x264-SPARKS.mkv':
libva error: va_getDriverName() failed with operation failed,driver_name=i965
Metadata:
[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x1dd8860] Failed to initialise VAAPI connection: 1 (operation failed).
encoder : libebml v1.3.1 + libmatroska v1.4.2
Device creation failed: -5.
creation_time : 2015-11-19T05:52:00.000000Z
Failed to set value '/dev/dri/card0' for option 'vaapi_device': Input/output error

Duration: 01:57:06.65, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 10691 kb/s
Error parsing global options: Input/output error

I was searching for experiences of other users and I've tried installing the QNAP CodexPack (version 4.2.7 as well as 4.5) with no success. I've made sure that I have removed the old Emby Community install as well as qmono and rebooted the server.

I've since uninstalled the CodexPack. Is there a setting I'm missing in emby or in QNAP firmware. I'm running firmware 4.3.3.0299. I do have Surveillance Station installed and have also tried stopping that just incase it had a connection to the video card that was stopping emby from making a connection but it made no difference.

Thanks.

Brad.

alucryd

@@BradJMelb

You don't need any codec pack or qmono, the default render node was changed from "/dev/dri/card0" to "/dev/dri/renderD128", you should not change that value if you don't unserstand what you're doing. That node doesn't require a full blown X server to work, please revert to the default and vaapi should work.

BradJMelb

@@BradJMelb

You don't need any codec pack or qmono, the default render node was changed from "/dev/dri/card0" to "/dev/dri/renderD128", you should not change that value if you don't unserstand what you're doing. That node doesn't require a full blown X server to work, please revert to the default and vaapi should work.

Thank you so much @ , I changed the node value to /dev/dri/renderD128 and now it’s working. This was wrong because I imported my configuration from my old Stephane Community version after the clean install of the new package and that was in it.

With this working and the LG TV app being now available I’m a very happy boy.

Thanks,

Brad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alucryd

Thank you so much @ , I changed the node value to /dev/dri/renderD128 and now it’s working. This was wrong because I imported my configuration from my old Stephane Community version after the clean install of the new package and that was in it.

With this working and the LG TV app being now available I’m a very happy boy.

Thanks,

Brad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, then we should make sure that it's set to the correct default value when people are updating to the new package then. Thanks for pointing it out, glad it's working fine for you now :)

Fuechslein

Unfortunately the server started crashing again. I did a clean install, made sure nothing was left over via ssh and didnt install any plugins. Webinterface ist just not accessible after a certain time. I have to shut emby down in qnap dashboard and start it again. Log attached.

Log.txt

Edited by Fuechslein

Syvedris

@@Fuechslein are you using "SSL certificate" or "require https for external connections"?

Because if I am using one of the above options my Emby server will crash for sure.

Regards

• Like 1

Fuechslein

@@Fuechslein are you using "SSL certificate" or "require https for external connections"?

Because if I am using one of the above options my Emby server will crash for sure.

Regards

I was actually using both. I'll test disabling those options and try again. Nice siganture btw.

• Like 1

Fuechslein

@@Syvedris Disabling only the redirection from http to https resulted in a crash after about 20 minutes. Disabling SSL completely by removing the cert resulted in a stable system up to now (About 2 hours.) Looks like you found the issue. Now lets just hope @@Luke finds a solution  ;)

I can understand the library scan miss-identifying files...but when they are corrected, it's reverting some right back to the wrong item with the next scan. I realize

you can lock down a file, but why is it scanning files that are already identified?

Also, if I delete a file, it's triggering a library scan...shouldn't it just delete the file? Deleting 3-4 files crashes the server.