New QNAP Package for Testing

Luke

sectune

Dear Luke, data is not being cleared, also tried with several computers. What I can add though, it is working when I use the emby.media page, not if I use my ddns provider or the local network ip (using ip & ddns I have to log in once more when refreshing).

Edited by sectune

Not sure if you saw my post but any plans on Emby for QNAP NASs with ARM processors?? I'd love to test it out. 

We're currently blocked by this and waiting on resolution from Microsoft:

https://github.com/dotnet/core-setup/issues/3100

Perhaps you can go in there and voice that you want this resolved so that you can have Emby Server on your QNAP. Until then you'd have to use the community package in the QNAP forums.

sstt671

Luke - package installs fine and I can get to new Emby server (after restarting it about 3 times). Everything looks fine. However, I keep losing connection to server and requires me to restart the server to reconnect.

I am also facing problems connecting via HTTPS after I entered my ddns address and ssl cert info.

Some log files are attached.

server-63642830153.txt

server-63642829217.txt

unhandled_2d044589-6df5-413e-905b-891cd1d9c1a0.txt

jimc115

Just installed on my TS 453a.....

When I try starting the app I get this...

http://192.168.0.113:8096/web/wizardstart.html

Could not find a part of the path "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Emby/Emby/dashboard-ui/wizardstart.html".

Looking at where it was installed....

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/dashboard-ui/wizardstart.html

Not sure what configuration to change to tell it the correct path to wizardstart.html

Thanks for any help and I hope I gave enough info....this is new...I could not install the old version as it refused to find ffmpeg even with all files chmod to 777

sstt671

Could not find a part of the path "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Emby/Emby/dashboard-ui/wizardstart.html".

Not sure what configuration to change to tell it the correct path to wizardstart.html

Thanks for any help and I hope I gave enough info....this is new...I could not install the old version as it refused to find ffmpeg even with all files chmod to 777

Not sure if this will help but worth a try: (1) Make sure original Emby app OFF (2) Restart new Emby app (Emby Server) at least 3 times and then (3) go to your server

peanutismint

We're currently blocked by this and waiting on resolution from Microsoft:

https://github.com/dotnet/core-setup/issues/3100

Perhaps you can go in there and voice that you want this resolved so that you can have Emby Server on your QNAP. Until then you'd have to use the community package in the QNAP forums.

Thanks Luke, I'll take a look at that. So I'm guessing this GitHub forum isn't the place to voice my opinion and expect MSFT to see it?? 

Thanks Luke, I'll take a look at that. So I'm guessing this GitHub forum isn't the place to voice my opinion and expect MSFT to see it?? 

Well, I have shied away from mentioning Emby because I don't want to be that developer that says our app is important so please work on this. But the truth is with all of the platforms we support we would actually be a very good showcase for .net core. So that's why I wouldn't mind someone going in there and mentioning the words Emby and QNAP. The same issues is also blocking seagate, western digital, and others.

Is this x86?

jimc115

Not sure if this will help but worth a try: (1) Make sure original Emby app OFF (2) Restart new Emby app (Emby Server) at least 3 times and then (3) go to your server

Thanks for trying.....no luck.

sstt671

some more feedback:

• Hardware transcoding seems to be working, based on CPU load. Yay!
  • Can you (or can I?) please change default location for Transcoding Temp File to somewhere similar to current default? It appears that QNAP is trying to generate thumbnail for file in temp folder located under Emby home user folder (new emby server's transcoding temp file location). This causes CPU load to go all the way to 99%.
  • I am still not able to connect the server via HTTPS using new Emby Server.  

• Can you (or can I?) please change default location for Transcoding Temp File to somewhere similar to current default? It appears that QNAP is trying to generate thumbnail for file in temp folder located under Emby home user folder (new emby server's transcoding temp file location). This causes CPU load to go all the way to 99%.

Explore the server transcoding settings.

• I am still not able to connect the server via HTTPS using new Emby Server.  

Did you setup an ssl cert?

alucryd

You can disable that behavior in Control Panel -> Multimedia Management -> Media Folder by removing homes from the list. I'll try to find a way to blacklist the temp folder, but moving the programdata directory may be the only failproof solution indeed.

sstt671

You can disable that behavior in Control Panel -> Multimedia Management -> Media Folder by removing homes from the list. I'll try to find a way to blacklist the temp folder, but moving the programdata directory may be the only failproof solution indeed.

Your suggestion helped! 

sstt671

Explore the server transcoding settings.

Did you setup an ssl cert?

Yes, SSL cert is setup the same way as old server. FYI: I have setup different ports for new emby server so I can test both side by side, and not cause problems for other home users.

Port forwarding is done correctly at router level.

log file is attached.

server-63643137904.txt

alucryd

Yes, SSL cert is setup the same way as old server. FYI: I have setup different ports for new emby server so I can test both side by side, and not cause problems for other home users.

Port forwarding is done correctly at router level.

log file is attached.

The https listener appears to be started correctly, but there's no log whatsoever that the server was accessed on port 8921, only 8097. Can you try via ssh:

curl https://localhost:8921/web/index.html

And post the output, and the server log?

Thanks.

Edited by alucryd

sstt671

The https listener appears to be started correctly, but there's no log whatsoever that the server was accessed on port 8921, only 8097. Can you try via ssh:

curl https://localhost:8921/web/index.html

And post the output, and the server log?

Thanks.

curl: (35) Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to localhost:8921

ssl error log.txt

sstt671

Not an expert of all these, however, if problem is with cert then why log file says:

System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/home/emby/.dotnet/corefx/cryptography/x509stores/ca' is denied. ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied

alucryd

Not an expert of all these, however, if problem is with cert then why log file says:

System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/home/emby/.dotnet/corefx/cryptography/x509stores/ca' is denied. ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied

Looks like dotnet needs write access to the user home to store its CAs. I moved the programdata directory, but left emby's home to a standard directory. I'll bake a new package when I get home to set a new home for the emby user, hopefully that will solve the issue. In the meantime, can you uninstall the current package and run via SSH:

userdel emby

This is to clean things up before installling the new package. The current package doesn't remove the emby user automatically upon uninstallation, but the new one will.

• Like 1

I've updated the build in the first post with the latest updates to the QNAP package. Per recommendation from QNAP, the program data folder has been moved to be underneath .qpkg just like the community package.

That means when you grab this update it will more or less seem like a new installation. Thanks.