New QNAP Package for Testing

Luke

I'm seeing consistent stuttering on almost all of my blu ray mkv rips while using 3.2.50.3 and the Apple TV 4th gen (or Apple TV 4K) on my QNAP TS-653A.

Some of the videos stutter where the video freezes on a frame for a good half second every few seconds, and others glitch out visually (but the video doesn't stop) around the same frequency.

I have hardware transcoding enabled. If I go back to the QNAP version of Emby, using ffmpeg, the problem movies play fine (but near 100% CPU usage).

In 3.2.50.3 the movies won't play without stuttering even if I disable hardware transcoding.

Attached are my logs. Any ideas?

ffmpeg-remux.log.txt

server-log.txt

Edited by syplex

alucryd

ffmpeg-remux means there is no hardware transcoding. Are you sure you have VAAPI enabled? What render node are you using?

Yes, VAAPI is enabled. Render node is /dev/dri/renderD128.

Some videos generate ffmpeg-directstream log files. Those ones don't seem to stutter.

Just want to report that I see the following error several times in the log file:

2017-12-23 14:25:57.192 Error App: Error in TheMovieDb

*** Error Report ***

Version: 3.2.50.3

Command line: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system

/EmbyServer.dll /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/EmbyS

erver.dll -programdata /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata -ffmpeg /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffprobe -updatepackage emby-server-qnap_{version}_x86_64.qpkg -noa

utorunwebapp

Operating system: Unix 4.2.8.0

64-Bit OS: True

64-Bit Process: True

User Interactive: True

Processor count: 4

Program data path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata

Application directory: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/cache/tmdb-movies2/370646/all-en.json'.

at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)

at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)

at Emby.Common.Implementations.Serialization.JsonSerializer.OpenFile(String path)

at Emby.Common.Implementations.Serialization.JsonSerializer.DeserializeFromFile[T](String file)

at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.<FetchMovieData>d__7.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()

at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.<GetMetadata>d__6.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()

at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.<ExecuteRemoteProviders>d__28.MoveNext()

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException

at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)

at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)

at Emby.Common.Implementations.Serialization.JsonSerializer.OpenFile(String path)

at Emby.Common.Implementations.Serialization.JsonSerializer.DeserializeFromFile[T](String file)

at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.<FetchMovieData>d__7.MoveNext()

at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.<GetMetadata>d__6.MoveNext()

at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.<ExecuteRemoteProviders>d__28.MoveNext()

Thanks. Nothing to worry about.

Hi Luke, thanks! Also another exception which I mentioned my another thread, but I think it is QNAP/Linux related so post here as well:

Looked into the log file and found the following error:

2017-12-22 22:04:04.562 Error LibraryMonitor: Error watching path: /share/Multimedia/Karaoke

*** Error Report ***

Version: 3.2.50.3

Command line: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system

/EmbyServer.dll /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer

/programdata -ffmpeg /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffprobe -updatepackage emby-server-qnap_{version}_x86_64.qpkg -noautorunwebapp

Operating system: Unix 4.2.8.0

64-Bit OS: True

64-Bit Process: True

User Interactive: True

Processor count: 4

Program data path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata

Application directory: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system

System.IO.IOException: The configured user limit (128) on the number of inotify instances has been reached.

at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.StartRaisingEvents()

at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.StartRaisingEventsIfNotDisposed()

at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.set_EnableRaisingEvents(Boolean value)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.LibraryMonitor.<>c__DisplayClass38_0.<StartWatchingPath>b__0()

System.IO.IOException

at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.StartRaisingEvents()

at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.StartRaisingEventsIfNotDisposed()

at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.set_EnableRaisingEvents(Boolean value)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.LibraryMonitor.<>c__DisplayClass38_0.<StartWatchingPath>b__0()

Luke, did you get a chance to look at my issue in post 401? I'm still seeing it in the latest 3.2.60.2.

I'm not yet sure. It might be one of those situations where we're stream copying the original video when in fact it should be fully transcoded. That's why forcing the transcode will fix it but it will obviously tax your machine pretty hard.

I'm not yet sure. It might be one of those situations where we're stream copying the original video when in fact it should be fully transcoded. That's why forcing the transcode will fix it but it will obviously tax your machine pretty hard.

The strange thing is turning off hardware transcoding doesn't fix it. I can only get it to work on the QNAP-built version of Emby. Maybe there's a bug disabling transcoding?

The strange thing is turning off hardware transcoding doesn't fix it. I can only get it to work on the QNAP-built version of Emby. Maybe there's a bug disabling transcoding?

Like I said earlier, it is remuxing, so it won't matter whether or hardware transcoding is on or off. That is probably the difference between the two servers. One is doing a full transcode and the other is just doing a remux. The one that does the full transcode is the one that works well for this video, except that it happens to hit your cpu hard.

Like I said earlier, it is remuxing, so it won't matter whether or hardware transcoding is on or off. That is probably the difference between the two servers. One is doing a full transcode and the other is just doing a remux. The one that does the full transcode is the one that works well for this video, except that it happens to hit your cpu hard.

Ahh ok. I'm comparing two videos, one that works OK and one that doesn't. Logs attached. Let me know if you see anything. Only thing I noticed was the one that doesn't work has more codec/streams embedded. Maybe the remux isn't skipping over all of the subtitle streams?

Also, I saw this in the log:

EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True

Is it possible to set this to false? If so I could confirm remux is the problem.

Die Hard-Problem.txt

Oblivion-Works.txt

It's probably something specific to that video. Try lowering the in-app bitrate setting to force a full transcode.

It's probably something specific to that video. Try lowering the in-app bitrate setting to force a full transcode.

I see this same problem in many of my ripped videos. I lowered the bitrate and the video plays back ok, so it must be the remux.

Let me know if I can help.

eric90066

This is a wonderful, official, addition to the qnap library.

Does the ssl issue mean we should not configure the emby app to use ssl on the wan side for now?

I know when I've tried using emby remotely using the app and ssl, its really slow and unstable.

The link in the first post has been updated with the latest emby server beta changes. thanks.

TS-451 working fine with this.

dont need transcoding at the moment, but when i turn it on CPU went to 100% useage & emby wont work any more

AvengersFan

Been using the new beta release 3.2.60.11 for about a week or so now. Happy to report No http crashes my end any more.

Love your work!

Cheers Mark

Thanks for the feedback.

However just to set expectations, I would still expect the https crashes to occur, and we're still looking into that. Thanks.

• Like 1