[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

horstepipe

For the cast thing: Be sure you have extendedinfo script installed

So you’re definitely able to press on any actor and get the list? I‘m getting an Extendedinfo script error with script version 5.6.0 and 5.6.1

horstepipe

Oh okay, the ratings just don’t work when opening a movie’s detail screen from a widget.

Guess there’s nothing you can do about it?

sualfred

@@horstepipe

Yes, ExtendedInfo works on my side. Please post your issue in Phils thread in the Kodi board, it's not skin related. But feel free to post a debug log so I can you take a look into it. Maybe it's a small issue and I also can assist you.

And the additional ratings are provided bei Marcels skin helper tools. The window property for metacritic and rotten are provided in the media windows or the player. Since widgets are used to get access to them outside of those media windows the property won't get filled. Something we have to live with.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
evensteven

Found two small typos in the german translations of the skin settings:

Darstellung: Zeige Hintgergrundbilder -> Zeige Hintergrundbilder

Seitenmenü: Zeige Favouriten Button -> Zeige Favoriten Button

Thanks for the lovely skin.

TylerDurden_BS

Hello sualfred,

Sorry but in the actual version Power Menu is really hard to enter and leave Kodi on my FireTV.

You must be really fast tap right and OK.

The old list version of Power Menu seems to be better (for me).

You know this ?

Greets from TylerDurden_BS

sualfred

It's entered in the same way as before, just the layout has changed to fit to Emby Theater.

And the scrolltime is about the same. It makes no difference if you press right/left instead of up/down

Edited by sualfred

TylerDurden_BS

Moin,

yeah you change the layout before with the list everything is alright.

Now I must be very quick to reach Exit (Verlassen) Button or it jump

out of the Menu ?

That wasn't before the Button Layout or is it a FireTV Problem ?

Thanx TylerDurden

TylerDurden_BS

Hm...

thanks for video, so it is on my Win10/Kodi but on FireTV - nope.

Video is on FireTV?

Hm, maybe my Harmony ? I'm not at home will try it later.

Thanx TylerDurden

sualfred

I use a Harmony One without any issues.

Try if it's also happening with the default FireTV remote or with a bluetooth keyboard.

If you provide me a debug log I can also take a look if something wrong is triggered while you press left/right

TylerDurden_BS

Ok.

Only Problem now - must find my default FireTV remote and then maybe a new battery...

Will try it, also with Logitech K400 later.

Thanx

TylerDurden_BS

Moin sualfred,

it seems it's a Problem with 2 User Profiles.

With Master User (Eltern) no Problem with Power Menu, with Profile (Kind)

it switch after a few seconds out of Power Menu.

No matter with Harmony or Logitech K400.

Should I sent you a log ?

Radeon24

Hi,

First, thank you for all your work sualfred, it's amazing !

I just have a suggestion about the theme colors : here in France we have many TV channels which have their logo color as grey as your skin... so the channel number is hidden, as you can see on the capture.

Here you can see the original logos : http://www.contribuables.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/logo_francetv.png

Do you think it would be possible to add an option to choose a lighter background color ?

Thank you.

post-114377-0-43885600-1523645860_thumb.png

sualfred

I just can quote the moderators of fanart.tv: 

Logos have to work on all possible backgrounds. Edit the existing logo and add a white border/shine to it.

That's much easier and the better approach. I also did it to a few dozens of my used logos here in Germany.

Zodler

I want to thank you. This is the best and easiest skin I used. I used to use the Titan skin with widgets and stuff, your skin is much easier and prettier to look.

I have only one criticism and that's the info look. When you click the info, it fills the whole screen. Many people use the info panel to see how much of the movie they have seen or what time it is.

I would suggest for the info to not fill the whole screen and a second click on it to completely remove it immediately.

Zodler

Info while playing video

https://kodi.wiki/view/keyboard_controls

While you are playing a video, hit the keayboard i.

No skin fills the screen like your skin with the Info screen. It obstructs the screen. You don't see the video playing behind it. Also with other skins, when you hit the Info key a second time, it disappears immediately. Yours does not. It shows the progress bar and disappears after few seconds.

What all skins do, when you hit the Info key, we should see the progress bar with time and video info. With your skin when we hit the Info key you don't even see the progress bar.

sualfred

Ah, now I get you. Sorry, nope. It will stay as it is. If you want to see the progress bar hit enter/select/pause instead.

Zodler

The problem with the Enter is that you have to hit Enter and hit Return. You have to hit 2 keys.

With Info, you hit the same button twice without looking. Also look at other skins. As far as I know every other skins follows the same behavior. The remote functions should behave in the same manner. A skin would only change the look.

What Embuary is doing is equivalent to executing Stop when you hit Pause. It shouldn't. Pause should always Pause/Play. It should not Stop the playback.

In the same logic, Info should always do what Info is supposed to do and not something else that was invented just for this skin. That page that shows now could be associated with another key.

Edited by Zodler