Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

Cheesegeezer
11 hours ago, slevin7 said:

should we (or I) first remove this plugin?

Yeah just remove the plugin. But don’t delete the titlessequence database. This is part of the core and uses its own storage system. You will have to go thru the motions of rescanning, so for test purposes try it on a small library. Westworld, simpsons, game of thrones, are good ones to try in your test library  

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Thanks 1

embyL0VER

Will this plugin still be a free one after public release as mentioned before or will a emby premier purchase be necessary? Asking cause the core implementation of this feature seems to need emby premier.

Cheesegeezer
3 hours ago, embyL0VER said:

Will this plugin still be a free one after public release as mentioned before or will a emby premier purchase be necessary? Asking cause the core implementation of this feature seems to need emby premier.

Something @Luke or @ebr can answer for you. It maybe that during testing premium is required. 

3 hours ago, embyL0VER said:

The plugin will not be able to do as much as the core implementation such as actually adding the buttons in the video player to skip, so I wouldn't think of it as a substitute anyway.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, Luke said:

The plugin will not be able to do as much as the core implementation such as actually adding the buttons in the video player to skip, so I wouldn't think of it as a substitute anyway.

We did manage to add a button in the plugin, but the real question is regarding emby premier subscription for this implementation 

To answer the question yes you could certainly keep using this, it just won't be as complete as the core version.

fallenwitch3r

What's the difference between the the two versions besides the button? 

There is no reason to hide this button feature behind a paywall If the plugin became it's own button feature. Just my five cents 😉

24 minutes ago, fallenwitch3r said:

What's the difference between the the two versions besides the button? 

There is no reason to hide this button feature behind a paywall If the plugin became it's own button feature. Just my five cents 😉

Almost every part of it is done differently, it just accomplishes the same objective.

5 minutes ago, fallenwitch3r said:

Is the integrated version your own creation or is it just a copy of @chefs version?

We collaborated with chef but it was built from the ground up.

chef
12 minutes ago, fallenwitch3r said:

Is the integrated version your own creation or is it just a copy of @chefs version?

The integrated version is what you want to use.

It will have the most features. We can always extend the integrated version to do the thing the test plugin had. Like editors, or even auto skip... If that is what people are missing.

How intro skip integrates into emby right now is just the beginning of what is possible.

This new path is definitely what we wanted to happen. It really is for the best.

Or... you could continue to use the plugin, but I  (personally) just don't want anyone left behind.

The integrated version is so much faster at finding intros, and besides the button, it has found intros the plugin just wasn't able to. Like GOT... Man that first season was difficult to detect, but the new version has made quick work of it. 

It's pretty cool!

• Like 3

fallenwitch3r

i removed the plugin and set it up all like luke said but its not working. And the Menu with the chapter editor is also gone.. 

edit

Intro Skip isn't working anymore on all devices after going back to the dll version

Edited by fallenwitch3r

rbjtech
51 minutes ago, chef said:

The integrated version is what you want to use.

It will have the most features. We can always extend the integrated version to do the thing the test plugin had. Like editors, or even auto skip... If that is what people are missing.

How intro skip integrates into emby right now is just the beginning of what is possible.

This new path is definitely what we wanted to happen. It really is for the best.

Or... you could continue to use the plugin, but I  (personally) just don't want anyone left behind.

The integrated version is so much faster at finding intros, and besides the button, it has found intros the plugin just wasn't able to. Like GOT... Man that first season was difficult to detect, but the new version has made quick work of it. 

It's pretty cool!

My experience is the opposite - the Plugin is currently far superior to the Core in almost all aspects - even Intro detection is not 'better' than the Plugin as it's missing entire shows that the Plugin picks up perfectly well.   It is also equally or faster than the Core - as it is also doing Credit detection - so double the fingerprints and double the detections.

I'm sure the Core will get there and has 'promise' - but at the moment, the Plugin has a significantly better feature set than the Core imo.

MBSki
3 hours ago, chef said:

We can always extend the integrated version to do the thing the test plugin had. Like editors, or even auto skip

I would have expected auto skip to be included in the integrated version at the beginning. I hope it makes the cut before release.

• Like 2

chef
49 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

I would have expected auto skip to be included in the integrated version at the beginning. I hope it makes the cut before release.

I've already started on it. 👍

When intro skip is added to the release candidate, I'll hopefully have auto skip ready.

I'll make sure to ask if it can go in the catalog as well.

I realize it is a fan favorite 👍

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, crusher11 said:

So the integrated doesn't allow editing of skip points?

not yet.   Something to understand for all.  There will still be a plugin if the core doesn't allow for this, we will still have access to the data in the core so the plugin will still be able to give all the rich features that you are accustomed to thru the plugin.

• Like 2

Sparker

I installed the Android (Arm7) APK from the Emby website, but I couldn't play anything without a premiere subscription, so I am back to the Android TV one which at least is unlocked until April 26.

fallenwitch3r

will the button disappear after a short time? Like on Netflix. The button there shows a short time before it skips to the next episode. So you have the possibility to watch the credit or it skips automatically  

seanbuff
29 minutes ago, fallenwitch3r said:

will the button disappear after a short time? Like on Netflix. The button there shows a short time before it skips to the next episode. So you have the possibility to watch the credit or it skips automatically  

If you're referring to the 'Skip Intro' button, yes it will remain visible for the duration of the intro and disappear automatically. But if you're talking about skipping the ending credits, there is currently no functionality for that in the core implementation of this feature. Emby already offers to jump to the next episode within the last ~40 secs of the previous one ending.

chef
5 hours ago, crusher11 said:

So the integrated doesn't allow editing of skip points?

No. But, I believe Luke covered that in a post on the other thread. 

It doesn't have that right now.