Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

rbjtech
2 minutes ago, nSGecko said:

And just for the record, I migrated Emby to another server yesterday and by simply copying titlesequence.db and library.db to the new server (after restoring the last backup of the source server of course), everything was working. Piece of Cake!

Copying the library.db and titlesequence.db together is key - as they both use unique emby ID's to link to each other.

Ongoing - The new version of Introskip will store it's data inside the core library.db - thus we can get rid of titlesequence.db alltogether.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nSGecko said:

Thanks for your response, I better understand the choice you made. In fact, there should be a master database somewhere that keep all those intros and endings timings so that it's computed once (for all). That would be the dream. Isn't there something like that out there, like a opensubittle for chapters ?

And just for the record, I migrated Emby to another server yesterday and by simply copying titlesequence.db and library.db to the new server (after restoring the last backup of the source server of course), everything was working. Piece of Cake!

Sweet! That is because the internal IDs in the library.db where still pointing to the same items. So that's awesome! 

Edited by chef

Not sure if I missed this or misunderstood? I thought once all the fingerprinting and timing was done that my player would display a skip intro button? I've not seen a button. I enabled auto skip and it works perfectly, but would like to have the button displayed offering to skip intro.

samuelqwe
20 minutes ago, lmsemby said:

Not sure if I missed this or misunderstood? I thought once all the fingerprinting and timing was done that my player would display a skip intro button? I've not seen a button. I enabled auto skip and it works perfectly, but would like to have the button displayed offering to skip intro.

There is no "Skip Intro" button yet. We are working on it, but there is no ETA to when that will be available.

Auto Skip is the only way to use the Intro plugin at the moment.

37 minutes ago, samuelqwe said:

There is no "Skip Intro" button yet. We are working on it, but there is no ETA to when that will be available.

Auto Skip is the only way to use the Intro plugin at the moment.

Okay. Thank you for the clarification. I and others will be looking forward to this feature once it becomes available. Thanks you for this plugin btw. Great job!

• Like 2

Just wanted to chime in and give an update. Step 2 is taking longer but it seems to be working perfectly so far but I will share complete results when done

Screenshot_1.jpg.e14fd8f41e7ff2765910d0ae4a8443ae.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg.27e2a7e04dfed38c2409ce1c3b0b31cb.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg.152dd0bae1b189f433c349923d2e8a7f.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, STR8 said:

Just wanted to chime in and give an update. Step 2 is taking longer but it seems to be working perfectly so far but I will share complete results when done

Screenshot_1.jpg.e14fd8f41e7ff2765910d0ae4a8443ae.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg.27e2a7e04dfed38c2409ce1c3b0b31cb.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg.152dd0bae1b189f433c349923d2e8a7f.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

That's looking good! Cool! 

stevehoffman203

I think I may have something wrong.  I just added 56 episodes of a new show.  Under detection stats is lists the new show and it's seasons, but under Episode Count it shows zero.

The Intro Skip tasks have ran, but all ran very fast.  Any ideas?  Am I just not being patient enough?  That fast time of running the detection tasks have me concerned.

2022-02-03 10_31_37-stevehoffman.ddns.net - Remote Desktop Connection.jpg

rbjtech
19 minutes ago, stevehoffman203 said:

I think I may have something wrong.  I just added 56 episodes of a new show.  Under detection stats is lists the new show and it's seasons, but under Episode Count it shows zero.

The Intro Skip tasks have ran, but all ran very fast.  Any ideas?  Am I just not being patient enough?  That fast time of running the detection tasks have me concerned.

Are they showing as episodes in the Plugin itself but with 'No Intro' for each episode ?

if not, has Emby the chance to 'scan' then as new episodes ?

stevehoffman203
18 minutes ago, stevehoffman203 said:

Further investigating:

I opened up the titlesequence.db file and looked in read-only and the series ID that is listed in the detection results log for the series is not in the SeriesID Field of the database.

This is the first new series I have added since implementing Intro Skip. 

The new series and episode do show up in Emby.  The Series and Season Number is the only thing that shows up in the PlugIn.  It lists the number of episodes for each season as zero.

rbjtech

ok - Can you run a full library scan and then try again.

If no joy, then please turn on debug logging, reset the log, run all the Introskip tasks and then send us the log - pm if you wish.

stevehoffman203
7 minutes ago, stevehoffman203 said:

Not sure what happened, but it seems to be running the Audio Fingerprinting normally now and has switched to the title sequence detection.  I did nothing, just happened to bounce back to the dashboard and saw it running.

Edited by stevehoffman203

rbjtech

I think there is a short time delay between things being shown in Emby and actually being fully 'ready' to be further processed.  If you have thumbnails on for chapters for example - these can happen in the background and take a few minutes, same with subtitles etc.

Anyway - looks like it has now picked them up 👍 - let us know how it goes.

• Like 1

stevehoffman203
9 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

I think there is a short time delay between things being shown in Emby and actually being fully 'ready' to be further processed.  If you have thumbnails on for chapters for example - these can happen in the background and take a few minutes, same with subtitles etc.

Anyway - looks like it has now picked them up 👍 - let us know how it goes.

Thank you so much for chiming in, I really appreciate it.  So far it seems to being doing great.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, guilty57 said:

Is there a way to use this plugin on an emby server installed on SHIELD TV?

Hi there @guilty57! Welcome.

Android. Hmmm...

I don't know. That's a good one.

I want to say yes. But there are conditions that have to be meet inorder to work.

If ffmpeg is being used by emby server for Android, and also the version if ffmpeg has the chromaprint capabilities.

You could install the plugin and test it.

The best way to do this, is to side load the plugin. Then after the server restarts, visiti this webpage:

http://{your_server_ip}:{port}/emby/HasChromaprint

Where {your_server_ip} and {port} information has been filled in appropriately.

The page you visit should return a boolean value: true or false.

Then we'd know if infact the Android Server can do this.

In the meantime, I will also try to answer this question.

iamouttahere
Just now, chef said:

Android. Hmmm...

I want to say yes. But there are conditions that have to be meet inorder to work.

If ffmpeg is being used by emby server for Android, and also the version if ffmpeg has the chromaprint capabilities.

The best way to do this, is to side load the plugin. Then after the server restarts, visiti this webpage:

Hi i am looking for the answer for this one as well. The page you suggested mentions false. But in my logs its mentioned ffmpeg was built with chromaprint flag. I had made a thread about this and attached my logs there. Hope you find it useful - 

guilty57
10 hours ago, chef said:

Android. Hmmm...

I've put the .dll file into data folder and followed the instructions but there is no option as Skip İntro in the settings menu.

Painkiller8818
2 minutes ago, guilty57 said:

I've put the .dll file into data folder and followed the instructions but there is no option as Skip İntro in the settings menu.

DLL needs to be in the PLUGINS folder and you need to restart the server 

rbjtech
10 hours ago, chef said:

Android. Hmmm...

is this detection method new @chef ?

I just tried it on my server and it works - should this go into the Wiki as it's a lot easier than running the command from a CLI !

Thanks..

3 hours ago, rbjtech said:

is this detection method new @chef ?

I just tried it on my server and it works - should this go into the Wiki as it's a lot easier than running the command from a CLI !

Thanks..

It's been in the API for a while. We use it to check compatibility, and show the red banner in the config, which has been weirdly buggy and not always showing... 

That detection method should be a lot easier to handle for most people.

It is also available in the Swagger. But... The swagger link is broken AGAIN in emby (you have to remove  specific parts of the swagger url to access it)  Brutal!

Visiting that url should be super easy for most. :) 

rbjtech
6 minutes ago, chef said:

It's been in the API for a while. We use it to check compatibility, and show the red banner in the config, which has been weirdly buggy and not always showing... 

That detection method should be a lot easier to handle for most people.

It is also available in the Swagger. But... The swagger link is broken AGAIN in emby (you have to remove  specific parts of the swagger url to access it)  Brutal!

Visiting that url should be super easy for most. :) 

I've updated the wiki to include the easy version :)

https://github.com/chefbennyj1/Emby.IntroSkip.Release/wiki/6.-FAQ

• Like 1

12 hours ago, iamouttahere said:

Hi i am looking for the answer for this one as well. The page you suggested mentions false. But in my logs its mentioned ffmpeg was built with chromaprint flag. I had made a thread about this and attached my logs there. Hope you find it useful - 

Well we have answered our first question. Ffmpeg is used in Android. I figured it was... But there is always a chance it wasn't.

If the url returns false, then chromaprint is not available in that version.

It is all new technology being added to emby, so I would imagine that eventually it will be available.

TrueNas is also missing this addition.

iamouttahere
Just now, chef said:

Well we have answered our first question. Ffmpeg is used in Android. I figured it was... But there is always a chance it wasn't.

If the url returns false, then chromaprint is not available in that version.

It is all new technology being added to emby, so I would imagine that eventually it will be available.

TrueNas is also missing this addition.

Thanks for the reply. Even i figured the ffmpeg for android server wasn't compiled with chromaprint but i pulled out the ffmpeg executable from the emby server apk and did a test run (i used termux on the same device) to see if it can use chromaprint and it successfully managed to output a bin file. So i am not sure why it is not working with the plugin. 

Terminal_mNNBHlkmWA.thumb.png.4536cd372c4c2499cc8f77dcb3a8aa00.png