Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

rbjtech

If Android 11 - could this be a permissions issue, where we need to give the program file level access ?

What is the error in the log file ?

iamouttahere

Storage access has been given to the emby server app. And i tested on android 9 as well with the same result. Maybe the plugin is not detecting ffmpeg executable filepath? Here are the logs.

embyserver.txt

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, iamouttahere said:

Thanks for the reply. Even i figured the ffmpeg for android server wasn't compiled with chromaprint but i pulled out the ffmpeg executable from the emby server apk and did a test run (i used termux on the same device) to see if it can use chromaprint and it successfully managed to output a bin file. So i am not sure why it is not working with the plugin. 

Terminal_mNNBHlkmWA.thumb.png.4536cd372c4c2499cc8f77dcb3a8aa00.png

How big is the .bin file? Does it actually contain binary data?

48 minutes ago, iamouttahere said:

File size is 2kb. Don't know how to check binary data. Ill upload it here.

audio_chromaprint.bin 1.81 kB · 0 downloads

Very interesting.

When you run ffmpeg from the terminal/cli and you pass it the argument of "-version". Does chromaprint appear in the list of capabilities?

We tried to read the capabilities of ffmpeg from the version information.

Otherwise the only other way to see if ffmpeg has this capability is to try the cmd line and see if it fails. Not great to rely on exceptions and failures. Code smell.

I'll see if there is another way to do this.

iamouttahere
Just now, chef said:

Very interesting.

When you run ffmpeg from the terminal/cli and you pass it the argument of "-version". Does chromaprint appear in the list of capabilities?

Yes it shows ffmpeg was built with "--enable-chromaprint" flag

Terminal_hRmD8C4VGQ.png.0991d9d7b3d9e177b250fba104d22fc0.png

1 minute ago, iamouttahere said:

Yes it shows ffmpeg was built with "--enable-chromaprint" flag

Terminal_hRmD8C4VGQ.png.0991d9d7b3d9e177b250fba104d22fc0.png

🤔 

Huh...

Very strange.  

And the API returns false?

http://{your_server_ip}:{port}/emby/HasChromaprint

samuelqwe
3 minutes ago, chef said:

🤔 

Huh...

Very strange.  

How does the API check? It looks for the "--enable-chromaprint" string?

4 minutes ago, samuelqwe said:

How does the API check? It looks for the "--enable-chromaprint" string?

Pretty much. More specifically just "chromaprint". We use string.Contains() on the output stream, so it is pretty broad.

Leads me to believe we are not getting the entire output in this instance.

We should be... 

iamouttahere
Just now, chef said:

🤔 

Huh...

Very strange.  

Yes api returns as false. 

• Thanks 1

Perhaps it is taking longer to output. It is the only time we trying using ffmpeg without waiting for it to absolutely finish. Mostly because it is outputting a bunch of string data.

I suppose that can not happen.

I will make a fix and post a new version here shortly.

Thanks for taking the time @imouttahere

• Thanks 1

samuelqwe

@chef I also found out you can do this:

ffmpeg -h muxer=chromaprint

and it will give you information about the muxer. If it doesn't exist, it will say unknown format "chromaprint".

EDIT:

ffmpeg -muxers

will return a list off all available muxers, so you could use the existing string contains to see if chromaprint exists in the output. Might not be needed to fix the issue here, but I thought it was useful information nonetheless.

Edited by samuelqwe
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, samuelqwe said:

@chef I also found out you can do this:

ffmpeg -h muxer=chromaprint

and it will give you information about the muxer. If it doesn't exist, it will say unknown format "chromaprint".

EDIT:

ffmpeg -muxers

will return a list off all available muxers, so you could use the existing string contains to see if chromaprint exists in the output. Might not be needed to fix the issue here, but I thought it was useful information nonetheless.

Ah, it's under muxers. Okay. I looked everywhere under filters, but this makes sense.

iamouttahere
1 hour ago, chef said:

@iamouttahere

Please try this version of the plugin :)

Version 0.0.1.87

IntroSkip_v0.0.1.87.zip 479.97 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you for the quick update but unfortunately this didn't work either. Just tested it on a fresh install. The web api (/emby/HasChromaprint) returns true now but according to the logs the bin files are not being produced.

embyserver (3).txt

17 minutes ago, iamouttahere said:

Thank you for the quick update but unfortunately this didn't work either. Just tested it on a fresh install. The web api (/emby/HasChromaprint) returns true now but according to the logs the bin files are not being produced.

embyserver (3).txt 175.6 kB · 1 download

Some are being produced, but there is something else happening. 

One moment...

Edited by chef

@iamouttahere okay,

Sorry about this. I believe something has happened to the .bin files.

They seem to exist (there is a file create for the .bin), but when we attempt to read the binary inside, we can't.

1. Please open this folder location: "Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\data\intro_encoding"
  2. please delete all the .bin files located in that folder.

Now  try to run the fingerprinting task again.

Perhaps we should delete the titlesequence.db file as well for good measure.

It is located in the  "Emby-Server/programdata/data" folder.

I'm still unsure as to why this happened. It might have had to do with the chromaprint check.

iamouttahere
38 minutes ago, chef said:

@iamouttahere okay,

Sorry about this. I believe something has happened to the .bin files.

They seem to exist (there is a file create for the .bin), but when we attempt to read the binary inside, we can't.

1. Please open this folder location: "Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\data\intro_encoding"
  2. please delete all the .bin files located in that folder.

Now  try to run the fingerprinting task again.

Perhaps we should delete the titlesequence.db file as well for good measure.

It is located in the  "Emby-Server/programdata/data" folder.

I'm still unsure as to why this happened. It might have had to do with the chromaprint check.

I tried this but still the same result. The intro_encoding folder was already empty even after running the fingerprint and detection tasks. Is there a possibility the bin files are being saved elsewhere?

embyserver (4).txt titlesequence.db

rbjtech
10 hours ago, chef said:

Perhaps it is taking longer to output. It is the only time we trying using ffmpeg without waiting for it to absolutely finish. Mostly because it is outputting a bunch of string data.

I suppose that can not happen.

I will make a fix and post a new version here shortly.

Thanks for taking the time @imouttahere

If you are having trouble with scraping the output - use :

ffmpeg -buildconf

It's in the Wiki 😆

https://github.com/chefbennyj1/Emby.IntroSkip.Release/wiki/6.-FAQ

Edited by rbjtech

rbjtech
5 hours ago, iamouttahere said:

I tried this but still the same result. The intro_encoding folder was already empty even after running the fingerprint and detection tasks. Is there a possibility the bin files are being saved elsewhere?

embyserver (4).txt 174.91 kB · 0 downloads titlesequence.db 32 kB · 

0 downloads

@chef

I bet this is an Android Permissions issue.

The only area that I think Emby has permissions to write is below - So maybe create the intro_encoding subfolder here instead ?

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.emby.embyserver/files/data/

For Android - Are plugins even allowed ?

We could be back on the 'Android 11' permissions debate where Eric is insisting it only needs X permissions but everybody else is saying it needs full permissions - this is for SMB, but if we want to create files outside the directly permissioned directory, then we may need those extra permissions as well  .. ?

Complete novice to Emby here, only been using it for a few weeks now, and this plugin for slightly shorter than that. I was expecting some inconsistencies or smaller issues, but I've been blown away by how great it works.

Thanks so much for the huge amount of work you're putting into this project. If you ever need help with anything, testing or such, I'd be happy to pitch in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ajcdk said:

Complete novice to Emby here, only been using it for a few weeks now, and this plugin for slightly shorter than that. I was expecting some inconsistencies or smaller issues, but I've been blown away by how great it works.

Thanks so much for the huge amount of work you're putting into this project. If you ever need help with anything, testing or such, I'd be happy to pitch in.

Thanks so much for the feedback.

The good news is that things are about to get even better. 😉

• Like 1

fbrassin

I've got a problem, with latest version, with auto skip title sequence enable, on Apple Tv, when it automatically skips, on screen app, video exits from episode play  and audio goes on.

Here is server log.

I hope it can help.

I tried different series and episodes with the same results.

embyserver (1).txt