Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

Version 0.0.1.96

Please update to version .96.

There was a small issue in the editor that attached to many event listeners to the season select box. 

This has the fix in it :) 

Thanks,

IntroSkip Team

IntroSkip_v0.0.1.96.zip

@Painkiller8818 thanks for catching that sir!

• Like 3

How are you guys gathering the data from netflix?

When you say it is 'scraped', are you actually scraping the data from the site? or are you allowed access to their private API?

Edited by chef

Josephus
7 minutes ago, chef said:

How are you guys gathering the data from netflix?

When you say it is 'scraped', are you actually scraping the data from the site? or are you allowed access to their private API?

https://www.netflix.com/nq/website/memberapi/vc6296241/metadata?movieid=81237994&imageFormat=webp&withSize=true&materialize=true

Try it 😁 with your Netflix logged in. 

And there's more than that. 

It is a private API. However you can use it at ease.

Edited by Josephus
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, K1ng_Lear said:

One little question to the devs: Can I install this tool on my NAS (Synology), too? If the answer is yes, how can I do this?

Yes. You'll have to side load the plugin.

"Emby-Server/programdata/plugins"

Then restart the Emby server instance.

Let us know how you fair. 😃

Is the fast detection option still a thing? I just went to make sure it was set to false before starting a fresh scan to rebuild the database from scratch (seriously, RIP to my I/O.. Between the first full library run for introskip fingerprint and detection I tried out and then my monthly scrub that just finished, it's been getting a serious workout over the past 2 weeks!) but I couldn't spot the setting anywhere in the UI anymore nor some of the other advanced settings such as confidence though I do still see it all in the config xml
Not sure if it just silently vanished on us from the UI or if it might have been an intentional change I missed the memo on 😂

Edited by diogee

46 minutes ago, diogee said:

Is the fast detection option still a thing? I just went to make sure it was set to false before starting a fresh scan to rebuild the database from scratch (seriously, RIP to my I/O.. Between the first full library run for introskip fingerprint and detection I tried out and then my monthly scrub that just finished, it's been getting a serious workout over the past 2 weeks!) but I couldn't spot the setting anywhere in the UI anymore nor some of the other advanced settings such as confidence though I do still see it all in the config xml
Not sure if it just silently vanished on us from the UI or if it might have been an intentional change I missed the memo on 😂

We removed the option. It wasn't getting good results on the first comparison. It always did best when we had multiple comparisons between episodes and then weighed out the result to find the best.

1 hour ago, chef said:

We removed the option. It wasn't getting good results on the first comparison. It always did best when we had multiple comparisons between episodes and then weighed out the result to find the best.

Excellent, good to know 
And would there be any reason that would cause the fingerprint task to overwrite already detected fingerprint data after everything has already been through the full fingerprint/detection/chapter insertion that I can keep an eye out for?
Doesn't seem I kept the logs so I won't trouble you with investigating unless it happens again in case it was just some freak accident but yeah, woke up one morning expecting a fingerprint scan of what should have only been about 100 new items to be completed but found it was still running and actually going through every episode all over again resetting all the hard work that the detection task had already done as it went along 😬

Edited by diogee

8 hours ago, diogee said:

Excellent, good to know 
And would there be any reason that would cause the fingerprint task to overwrite already detected fingerprint data after everything has already been through the full fingerprint/detection/chapter insertion that I can keep an eye out for?
Doesn't seem I kept the logs so I won't trouble you with investigating unless it happens again in case it was just some freak accident but yeah, woke up one morning expecting a fingerprint scan of what should have only been about 100 new items to be completed but found it was still running and actually going through every episode all over again resetting all the hard work that the detection task had already done as it went along 😬

Once the season has been processed, it will get marked, so it won't get processed again.

However, if a season is currently on going, and the newest episode changes the average runtime of the season, it will change the duration of the encoding for fingerprints that have to be encoded. The season would get scanned again to make sure we had enough of an encoding to compensate for the longer episode. 

Each episode in the season must have the same encoding duration for the comparison to work. 😃

I would have to see a log, to know exactly what happened.

Edited by chef

thunderclap

Not sure if I missed a step. I ran both Episode Audio Fingerprinting and Edpisode Title Sequence Detection and both completed. If I go into the plugin itself I can see what show intros have been flagged, however when I play the show I don't get any popup asking if I'd like to skip. 

2 minutes ago, mbuhmann said:

Not sure if I missed a step. I ran both Episode Audio Fingerprinting and Edpisode Title Sequence Detection and both completed. If I go into the plugin itself I can see what show intros have been flagged, however when I play the show I don't get any popup asking if I'd like to skip. 

If you are expecting a button. It is in the works.

Currently we do offer an auto skip feature, which you can enable per user. This will auto skip intros.

Flagging the media has been a huge first step on the road to an integrated intro skip feature in emby 😃

• Like 3

9 hours ago, chef said:

I would have to see a log, to know exactly what happened.

Unless it happens again, let's chalk this one up as either bad timing or a potential database corruption. Or both 😆

I thought when I initially set it up that I was on something more recent as in between .74 - .87 area and because I did only just get around to configuring this recently and made sure I had the latest version I could find at the time but I wouldn't rule out the fact I might have come to find the latest version a day or 2 before .74 was released and ended up with .23 instead or something! 🤦 (Comes with the territory of not being in the catalog I suppose!)

I remember having an 8GB titlesequence.db the first time fingerprinting completed but we're using .bin files now instead right? My fingerprinting is at 14% now and the .db has barely reached a couple of MB this time haha
Actually, now that I think of it, chapter insertion task had started to consistently fail every time it ran giving an SQLite error so yeah I think maybe that database just got corrupted somehow? Maybe a bad update on my part? 🤔

In any case, I'll let you know if it happens again. I guess that's all from me for now!

I'll keep an eye out for any updates to handling large seasons / any tv show list processing changes to help with large libraries and report if my oversized library breaks anything else but otherwise keep up the amazing work! I think I can safely say that I speak for everyone here when I say that we truly appreciate all those involved with this plugin ❤️

• Thanks 1

rbjtech
On 12/02/2022 at 16:45, Josephus said:

https://www.netflix.com/nq/website/memberapi/vc6296241/metadata?movieid=81237994&imageFormat=webp&withSize=true&materialize=true

Try it 😁 with your Netflix logged in. 

And there's more than that. 

It is a private API. However you can use it at ease.

This is interesting - but how would you match the Netflix API vs the Emby Series ID ?

There is also the question of legality - IF you can get the information legally via an authorised Netflix login and their PUBLIC API (defunct as of 2008?) - then comparing the data vs Introskip derived data may be a possibility - but we cannot SCRAPE Netflix data as that is against their terms.  

adamstewiegreen

Hey all.  I installed this a couple days ago, took a solid day to do all the initial setup, but it work great!  This is incredible!  I don't know who's been doing what, but thanks for making Emby better than it already is.

adamstewiegreen

I did come up with an instance where the scan didn't work - which maybe a quirk within Emby.  I have one TV show that has SD/HD video versions inside each episode for all the seasons.  It has a long intro that's the same every episode/season.  For some reason it looks like neither SD nor HD version were scanned, and the title sequence wasn't added into the chapters.

Other than that it was pretty close to perfect.

rbjtech
37 minutes ago, adamstewiegreen said:

I did come up with an instance where the scan didn't work - which maybe a quirk within Emby.  I have one TV show that has SD/HD video versions inside each episode for all the seasons.  It has a long intro that's the same every episode/season.  For some reason it looks like neither SD nor HD version were scanned, and the title sequence wasn't added into the chapters.

Other than that it was pretty close to perfect.

Ah - it's possible the multi-resolution version is not being selected as a TV Show to scan.  

Does it show up in the Introskip plugin list at all ?

@chef - I've never tested this scenario before, I keep my 4K TV Shows in a separate library - thus if I include them, they show up as separate items.

Edited by rbjtech

Yeah, I haven't tried that either. Most of my tv shows only have one resolution.

I don't know what it would scan actually. 😆 In theory it would scan them all... But, multiple media sources could also throw an error... 

@adamstewiegreen any way I could see a debug log from that scan? Maybe pm us if you want. 

Josephus
1 hour ago, rbjtech said:

Ah - it's possible the multi-resolution version is not being selected as a TV Show to scan.  

Does it show up in the Introskip plugin list at all ?

@chef - I've never tested this scenario before, I keep my 4K TV Shows in a separate library - thus if I include them, they show up as separate items.

I think it is quite legal to have an API or json/svg data import, while the data is from the user himself.

The match is another hack on UNOGS's API. They have official ones but I'd prefer a cracked one with no limit. They just offer a map between IMDB id and Netflix ID.

The Netflix stuff is just an example. An API data-direct-write / batch import in certain format is good for everyone, I think.

BTW, you may wonder why Netflix... I just grabbed almost all videos on Netflix (with subtitles in my native language) days ago, to my local server. And it is quite stupid to rematch the Intro data with ffmpeg, and I am trying to edit the database file, if you do not have any interest on my request...

If it is possible to get Netflix data for your system via API, I think go for it.

For the time being, I think we'll stick to calculating intro times using ffmpeg.

But thanks for the info. 😃

• Agree 1

crusher11

Breaking Bad, Specials. What the fresh hell is this? They're the minisodes, they all have the same ten-second intro from 00:00 to 00:10. I have no idea why it's finding different numbers or why it thinks the intro is 00:00 long instead of just saying there's no intro, assuming the ten-second intro that does exist is too short for the minimum threshold.

Screenshot 2022-02-15 03.54.17.png

9 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Breaking Bad, Specials. What the fresh hell is this? They're the minisodes, they all have the same ten-second intro from 00:00 to 00:10. I have no idea why it's finding different numbers or why it thinks the intro is 00:00 long instead of just saying there's no intro, assuming the ten-second intro that does exist is too short for the minimum threshold.

Screenshot 2022-02-15 03.54.17.png

Yes that is exactly what is happening. The intro is too short.

Or it is just long enough to register something, but is not saving properly.

If you reset that season (keep the finger prints) and try running the detection again, starting with the finger print task (even though it will skip directly into detection. 

Let me know how that goes. We might have to increase the detection threshold a little to ignore sequences that are just to close to ten seconds.

samuelqwe
7 minutes ago, chef said:

Yes that is exactly what is happening. The intro is too short.

Or it is just long enough to register something, but is not saving properly.

If you reset that season (keep the finger prints) and try running the detection again, starting with the finger print task (even though it will skip directly into detection. 

Let me know how that goes. We might have to increase the detection threshold a little to ignore sequences that are just to close to ten seconds.

I think what is happening here is the detection is getting confused when the length of the video is too short.

So if, for example, we grab a 5 minute fingerprint on a 2 minute episode and still assume we have a five minute fingerprint, stuff like this happens. I’m just guessing that’s what’s happening here because I had similar issues with 10 min cartoons until you added support for the shorter fingerprints.

Honestly, we should probably ignore anything below 5 minutes, or you could add a really short fingerprint interval (like 1 min).

Edited by samuelqwe

2 hours ago, samuelqwe said:

I think what is happening here is the detection is getting confused when the length of the video is too short.

So if, for example, we grab a 5 minute fingerprint on a 2 minute episode and still assume we have a five minute fingerprint, stuff like this happens. I’m just guessing that’s what’s happening here because I had similar issues with 10 min cartoons until you added support for the shorter fingerprints.

Honestly, we should probably ignore anything below 5 minutes, or you could add a really short fingerprint interval (like 1 min).

Right! I will add that to the list.

Edited by chef

crusher11

It appears all the episodes have a chapter marker at the start of the end credits, but because it always uses different music it's not being picked up by the detection. Is there a way to tell the plugin that the second-last chapter marker is the start time for the credits (there's also one marking the end of each episode, presumably to allow skipping an episode entirely on the Blu-ray)?