Live TV initial pause, pixelation, and long pauses

FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept

Checking now...

Hmm, working fine now.  Not sure what happened but it seems to have passed, whatever it was.

mwongjay

Emby server: v3.2.19.6

Just switched the server to beta and live tv isn't working. Invalid decoder type 'mpeg2video'

Edited by mwongjay

Emby server: v3.2.19.6

Just switched the server to beta and live tv isn't working. Invalid decoder type 'mpeg2video'

Try the next beta. We thank you for being a part of the beta testing team.

Thanks !

mwongjay

Switched back to 3.2.19.0 and live tv works again. If you guys release a new beta version that fixes the issue let me know and I'll switch back and test it out.

FordGT90Concept

I tried 3.2.19.6.  Audio desync'd from video immediately, then it started pausing about 5 minutes in every 30 seconds or so.

Just updated to 3.2.19.7 and "too many errors" again.  Submitted logs from Android TV under user "Lynn."  Logs attached.

Live TV is too broken to be usable again.

logs.zip

I tried 3.2.19.6.  Audio desync'd from video immediately, then it started pausing about 5 minutes in every 30 seconds or so.

Just updated to 3.2.19.7 and "too many errors" again.  Submitted logs from Android TV under user "Lynn."  Logs attached.

Live TV is too broken to be usable again.

Exact same thing from the app's perspective.  The stream simply isn't coming through for some reason.

All of these different results with different server versions may be coincidental and we may just be dealing with some sort of intermittent environmental issue here.

FordGT90Concept

They started after updating to 3.2.19.5 on server.  Didn't have this issue at all on 3.2.19.0 and older.  Nothing has changed here environmentally in that period.

No hints in the server log?

Edited by FordGT90Concept

mini__me

Seeing issues with just my FireTV with playback of certain channels. Sent logs from the app

Roughly 17:35 GMT

User Steve

Three logs sent all trying different options to try and playback ITV HD.

Same channel plays back fine on my Sony Android TV.

Are my issues related to this topic or separate and need a new thread?

Seeing issues with just my FireTV with playback of certain channels. Sent logs from the app

Roughly 17:35 GMT

User Steve

Three logs sent all trying different options to try and playback ITV HD.

Same channel plays back fine on my Sony Android TV.

Are my issues related to this topic or separate and need a new thread?

The player is definitely having trouble reading the stream.  It probably worked on your Android TV because it has built-in support for mpeg-2 (the native codec for live TV) since it is an actual TV.  Therefore, the TV was probably direct streaming it while the Fire is forced to transcode.

So, we will probably need to see server and transcode logs.

mini__me

Would a FireTV 2 help....I'd rather just buy new hardware to replace the FireTV 1 rather than face the wrath of the wife again :-|

FordGT90Concept

3.2.19.8 seems to be working a lot better, however, I noticed a problem since changing to the Live TV -> On Now, Channels, Guide, etc. menu: the information doesn't update frequently enough.  For example, I was watching one program from about 6:55 to 7:02, decided I didn't like what came on at 7:00 and went to search for something else to watch by hitting the back button to see the guide again.  It was still showing everything based on 6:30 instead of refreshing to 7:00.  I had to hit back again (out of Live TV entirely) then back into Live TV to force a refresh.

There was also a minor audio sync issue but HDHomeRun app was doing the same (and much worse at that) so it might be something to do with the HDHomeRun firmware moreso than software.

FordGT90Concept

Yeah I can but then the guide scrolling issue rears its head on when scrolling past shows that are over 30 minutes long and staggered.  Fixing the left most item to current via refreshing the guide is the best way to maintain usability.

Yeah I can but then the guide scrolling issue rears its head on when scrolling past shows that are over 30 minutes long and staggered. 

What issue is that?

mwongjay

I think it would be good to keep to the topic of live tv pausing, pixelation, and deinterlacing and create a new topic for issues related to the guide

FordGT90Concept

Live TV broke again.  Submitted logs from Lauren on the device (latest beta).  He was basically trying to channel surf and then all requests for Live TV just dump back at the previous screen.  Web access can't tune at all.

Tried to restart server (3.2.20.3). It froze.  Tried again from the shortcut, same result.  Tried to downgrade to 3.2.20.0, setup threw an exception.  Emby Server is FUBAR

Edit: Submitted logs from the device under local user Lauren at the time.  Forgot to mention that.

logs.zip

setup.zip

Edited by FordGT90Concept

mwongjay

Live TV broke again.  Submitted logs from Lauren on the device (latest beta).  He was basically trying to channel surf and then all requests for Live TV just dump back at the previous screen.  Web access can't tune at all.

Tried to restart server (3.2.20.3). It froze.  Tried again from the shortcut, same result.  Tried to downgrade to 3.2.20.0, setup threw an exception.  Emby Server is FUBAR

I am also on 20.3 and don't experience these issues.

I reviewed the commits and supposedly live tv deinterlacing was "fixed", but I'm still having issues deinterlacing certain channels (HGTV, ABC-HD, CNN, and several others). The stream is deinterlaced when viewing through the web app, but not on Fire tv

I am also on 20.3 and don't experience these issues.

I reviewed the commits and supposedly live tv deinterlacing was "fixed", but I'm still having issues deinterlacing certain channels (HGTV, ABC-HD, CNN, and several others). The stream is deinterlaced when viewing through the web app, but not on Fire tv

What version of the Fire TV app (please don't say "latest" :))?