Live TV initial pause, pixelation, and long pauses

FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept

Just to be clear, the when I say pixelation, I mean what is observed in the original post video (squares turn into giant pixels over areas of the display).  The lack of deinterlacing is what is in that picture I posted a ways back where there's horizontal lines.

That said, I wasn't really looking for the deinterlacing issue in my last post.  I was looking at the four points in the original post.  All three were largely fixed while time to tune is worse (which is inevitable because of DVR and waiting for sync).

mwongjay

Just to be clear, the when I say pixelation, I mean what is observed in the original post video (squares turn into giant pixels over areas of the display).  The lack of deinterlacing is what is in that picture I posted a ways back where there's horizontal lines.

That said, I wasn't really looking for the deinterlacing issue in my last post.  I was looking at the four points in the original post.  All three were largely fixed while time to tune is worse (which is inevitable because of DVR and waiting for sync).

Ah I see. Ok. Well deinterlacing (or lack thereof) was really my main focus. The time to tune is not a huge issue for me, but that's because it's always been under 7 seconds which for me is tolerable. I do not have or ever had the pixelation issues you were experiencing.

FordGT90Concept

I've only noticed the interlacing problem on Windows.  I don't think I've ever seen it on Android TV.

FordGT90Concept

Observed the first problem since the updates today.

-Android TV couldn't tune (spinny wheel, KTIV repeatedly) and then it would stop with a message saying no tuners available.

-Restarted device, still couldn't tune.

-Used Surface 2 to check status of Tuners via Emby, 6 of 6 tuners available.

-Tried to tune via Surface 2 browser, it's like the request was completely ignored when clicking play.

-Restarted Emby Server.

-Problem fixed.

I attached all the server logs I have because I don't know how far back this issue goes.  About 5-10 minutes from posting this (5:30pm-ish) is when the above sequence occurred.

Both Server and Android TV are current beta.

logs.zip

We already deinterlace when ffmpeg detects the video stream as being interlaced.

Can I please see the full ffmpeg log referenced above?

Or just create a new one and, if you do that, also send a log from the app.  Thanks.

mwongjay

Can I please see the full ffmpeg log referenced above?

Or just create a new one and, if you do that, also send a log from the app.  Thanks.

Sent logs at 8:19PM. User mjw06d. Attached is the transcoding log.

Sent logs at 8:19PM. User mjw06d. Attached is the transcoding log.

Thanks.  I believe this was an issue on the server that is fixed in the current server beta.

mwongjay

Thanks.  I believe this was an issue on the server that is fixed in the current server beta.

Awesome. Looking forward to it. Unfortunately, I don't run the beta version of the server so I'll report back when the next release drops.

FordGT90Concept

Is there a beta version >3.2.19.0 with this fix because if there is, that's the newest I have and I still see the lack of deinterlacing.

mwongjay

Is there a beta version >3.2.19.0 with this fix because if there is, that's the newest I have and I still see the lack of deinterlacing.

3.2.19.5 fixes it. I checked the commits in github.

FordGT90Concept

Uh, I just checked, Emby Server is still saying 3.2.19.0 is the latest.  Going to have to force it to install then...

FordGT90Concept

Well, updating was a bad idea.  2/3 times, Android TV said "Too many errors" trying to tune.  The one time it did tune probably took a minute.  I sent logs from it twice: first time was after it worked for a bit, second time was after it gave the "too many errors" message.  Server logs attached.

logs.zip

mwongjay

Well, updating was a bad idea.  2/3 times, Android TV said "Too many errors" trying to tune.  The one time it did tune probably took a minute.  I sent logs from it twice: first time was after it worked for a bit, second time was after it gave the "too many errors" message.  Server logs attached.

Are you using hardware accelerated transcoding?

Hi.  Can you please provide the information requested in the instructions on sending a log from the app?  It is next to impossible for me to identify the right one without this info.  Thanks!

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

FordGT90Concept

It was trying to tune to KCAU 9.1 which had Dr. Phil on at the time.

Time should match about when I posted it (5pm central).

I think it was Lynn, if not Lynn, Lee.

I think this particular tuning issue is specific to Android TV because I'm watching the Comey testifying now through my computer and the Windows Store app and it worked perfectly.

Edited by FordGT90Concept

It was trying to tune to KCAU 9.1 which had Dr. Phil on at the time.

Time should match about when I posted it (5pm central).

I think it was Lynn, if not Lynn, Lee.

I think this particular tuning issue is specific to Android TV because I'm watching the Comey testifying now through my computer and the Windows Store app and it worked perfectly.

Thanks, it looks like the attempt to get the stream simply timed out.

FordGT90Concept

What I saw on the screen was the program info on the bottom popped up as normal after about 10 seconds and then went away.  About a minute later, that info would pulse repeatedly then go away.  Finally, it would close it down and say it gave up. 2 out of 3 times I tried, this happened.  The one time it worked, I think it took about a minute to tune (ridiculously long). This problem didn't exist on 3.2.19.0 and, as far as I can tell, doesn't exist in the server either.

Edited by FordGT90Concept

Yes, I see it trying to get the stream from the server three times and then giving up.  Each time, from the app's perspective, it is simply not able to load the stream.

Here is one of the attempts which covers a span of about 30 seconds while it was trying to read the stream.

06-07 16:53:27.439  2760  2760 I System.out: internalError [8.30, loadError]
06-07 16:53:35.447  2760  2760 I System.out: internalError [16.31, loadError]
06-07 16:53:44.456  2760  2760 I System.out: internalError [25.31, loadError]
06-07 16:53:54.466  2760  2760 I System.out: internalError [35.32, loadError]
06-07 16:53:54.472  2760  3022 E ExoPlayerImplInternal: Source error.

Have you tried this same channel at a different time?