Jump to content

Emby Theater for Linux


xnappo

Recommended Posts

SHSPVR
3 hours ago, alucryd said:

Do you have either i965-va-driver or intel-media-va-driver installed? What's the output of the `vainfo` command (you may need to install the corresponding package) ?

The ubuntu wiki also recommends installing libvdpau-va-gl1, but I fail to see why that would be needed.

For Intel, it's split generationally, and into free and non-free drivers. The non-free drivers are necessary to encode media while the free drivers can only decode.

As for libvdpau-va-gl1 gl = OpenGL under the hood to accelerate drawing and scaling and VA-API

i965-va-driver is for 9 gen or older

intel-media-va-driver is for 8 gen or newer

HardwareVideoAcceleration - Debian Wiki

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, alucryd said:

@Luke Does theater use native paths over samba or is it http(s) only?

Out of the box its http

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
fantaxp7

Hello,

For downloading within Emby Theater, I attempt to download a series of a season but it points to another device.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, fantaxp7 said:

Hello,

For downloading within Emby Theater, I attempt to download a series of a season but it points to another device.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks

AFAIK Only Theater UWP (Windows Store) has offline capability/download features, Theater Desktop doesn't still. Feature unification is on the roadmap, though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

fantaxp7
3 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

AFAIK Only Theater UWP (Windows Store) has offline capability/download features, Theater Desktop doesn't still. Feature unification is on the roadmap, though.

Gotcha, thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GrimReaper
4 minutes ago, fantaxp7 said:

Gotcha, thanks

Just now saw it's Linux thread, tbh don't know what's the situation there, someone might chime in, as per Premiere Feature Matrix it IS listed as such:

956508852_Screenshot2022-02-07230357.png.fcc41195beb59ec8f95851340bc98c7c.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

fantaxp7
4 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Just now saw it's Linux thread, tbh don't know what's the situation there, someone might chime in, as per Premiere Feature Matrix it IS listed as such:

956508852_Screenshot2022-02-07230357.png.fcc41195beb59ec8f95851340bc98c7c.png

Ok cool so there is hope 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, fantaxp7 said:

Ok cool so there is hope 😀

I'd say there's hope either way, if not already implemented should be in some foreseeable future. :)

@Luke 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TurtleXIII

I'm not sure where to ask this. I've been using Emby Server on my server PC and my main desktop (Ubuntu) I've been using Emby Theater and it's been working great for a long time. I just today added a harddrive to the server and started moving stuff around. For some reason, my Emby Theater on my main desktop PC, now will not load any media from the server. It will just infinite loading circle until I close the application and reopen. Playback works on other PCs, I tested through browser which works, and I tested on my phone which also works. So it seems like it's a problem with my main PC but I'm not sure how to fix. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: Shoot sorry it doesn't seem to be doing it anymore. I restarted PC to see if that might work and it seems to be working fine now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
smw36

Hello I am using emby-server-4.6.7.0-1.x86_64 on Rocky Linux 8.5. Two android clients (Android 12 resp. 9) as well as one Windows 10 client are working well playing all vidoes, all music and liveTV. I have tried the same on two different hardwares running fedora 35 as well as from the server with emby-theater-3.0.15-1.x86_64, all content is visible, but no videos nor music is playing (running circle). I can download the video file to local space and then play with vlc or xine, playing within the web app is working too. I have read this forum, but I have no clue. What is the problem with emby-theater on my linux devices ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
smw36

After trying a lot of things, testing hardware acceleration and so on, I wondered, what will happen, if I remove all the installed graphic libraries installed within /opt/emby-theater/extra/ and moved the folder lib. I started emby-theater without any error, and ... now every content is playing: video, music, Live-TV ... all three linux devices ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

alucryd

We originally split these libs in an extra directory so they can easily be disabled. Ideally this should be done from within emby with a "Prefer system libs" checkbox, but it could also be done via a conf file in /etc/conf.d, the latter can be implemented fairly quickly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

dedyms

So on some system with no video loading i realized that emby not looking the right path or not requesting the right name.

This is on debian sid.

Emby internal package

```

❯ dpkg-query -L emby-theater | grep radeon
/opt/emby-theater/extra/lib/dri/radeonsi_drv_video.so
/opt/emby-theater/extra/lib/libdrm_radeon.so.1.0.1
/opt/emby-theater/extra/lib/libdrm_radeon.so
/opt/emby-theater/extra/lib/libdrm_radeon.so.1

```

System vainfo

```

❯ vainfo
libva info: VA-API version 1.14.0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_14
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
vainfo: VA-API version: 1.14 (libva 2.12.0)
vainfo: Driver version: Mesa Gallium driver 21.3.7 for AMD Radeon RX 580 Series (POLARIS10, DRM 3.44.0, 5.16.0-14.1-liquorix-amd64, LLVM 13.0.1)
vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
      VAProfileMPEG2Simple            : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileMPEG2Main              : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Simple              : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Main                : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Advanced            : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileH264Main               : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264Main               : VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileH264High               : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264High               : VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileHEVCMain               : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileHEVCMain               : VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileHEVCMain10             : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileJPEGBaseline           : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileNone                   : VAEntrypointVideoProc

```

libgl1-mesa-dri

```

❯ dpkg-query -L libgl1-mesa-dri:amd64
/.
/usr
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/crocus_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/d3d12_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i830_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i915_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/iris_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/kms_swrast_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/nouveau_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/nouveau_vieux_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r200_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r300_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeon_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/virtio_gpu_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/vmwgfx_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/zink_dri.so
/usr/share
/usr/share/bug
/usr/share/bug/libgl1-mesa-dri
/usr/share/bug/libgl1-mesa-dri/control
/usr/share/bug/libgl1-mesa-dri/script
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/libgl1-mesa-dri
/usr/share/doc/libgl1-mesa-dri/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/libgl1-mesa-dri/changelog.gz
/usr/share/doc/libgl1-mesa-dri/copyright
/usr/share/drirc.d
/usr/share/drirc.d/00-mesa-defaults.conf

```

 

What emby looking for

```

❯ emby-theater
Gtk-Message: 22:41:57.439: Failed to load module "colorreload-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: 22:41:57.439: Failed to load module "window-decorations-gtk-module"
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open radeonsi: /usr/lib/dri/radeonsi_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: radeonsi
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open radeonsi: /usr/lib/dri/radeonsi_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: radeonsi
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
Initializing cec-client...

{
  cecExePath: 'cec-client',
  cecEmitter: EventEmitter {
    _events: [Object: null prototype] {},
    _eventsCount: 0,
    _maxListeners: undefined
  },
  cecHdmiPort: ''
}
ERROR: cec-client not installed, running without cec functionality.

cec-client exited with code -2
UDP Client listening on 0.0.0.0:37653
starting udp receive timer with timeout ms: 1000
Message from: 192.168.0.2:7359
ServerDiscovery message received
Server discovery json: {"Address":"http://192.168.0.2:8096","Id":"db11e1c2722d4f68839ce90101bc8e09","Name":"Emby-Media"}
timer expired 1 servers received
[
  {
    Address: 'http://192.168.0.2:8096',
    Id: 'db11e1c2722d4f68839ce90101bc8e09',
    Name: 'Emby-Media',
    EndpointAddress: '192.168.0.2'
  }
]

```

Edited by dedyms
Add libgl1-mesa-dri
Link to comment
Share on other sites

daldana

@alucryd,

Any luck on a new pi image or deb that will work on pi 3b and pi 4?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 3:27 PM, daldana said:

@alucryd,

Any luck on a new pi image or deb that will work on pi 3b and pi 4?

We should have some new updates for the Pi in the near future but the current downloads should work just fine with the Pi4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

daldana

Thanks @luke,

I'm running ET on a 3b which works and uses hw acceleration, but the picture actually looks better without hwa. So I'll hope the updates will fix that.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
QuarkZ
On 3/19/2022 at 8:42 AM, dedyms said:

So on some system with no video loading i realized that emby not looking the right path or not requesting the right name.

This is on debian sid.

Emby internal package

```

❯ dpkg-query -L emby-theater | grep radeon
/opt/emby-theater/extra/lib/dri/radeonsi_drv_video.so
/opt/emby-theater/extra/lib/libdrm_radeon.so.1.0.1
/opt/emby-theater/extra/lib/libdrm_radeon.so
/opt/emby-theater/extra/lib/libdrm_radeon.so.1

```

System vainfo

```

❯ vainfo
libva info: VA-API version 1.14.0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_14
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
vainfo: VA-API version: 1.14 (libva 2.12.0)
vainfo: Driver version: Mesa Gallium driver 21.3.7 for AMD Radeon RX 580 Series (POLARIS10, DRM 3.44.0, 5.16.0-14.1-liquorix-amd64, LLVM 13.0.1)
vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
      VAProfileMPEG2Simple            : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileMPEG2Main              : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Simple              : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Main                : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Advanced            : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileH264Main               : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264Main               : VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileH264High               : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264High               : VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileHEVCMain               : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileHEVCMain               : VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileHEVCMain10             : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileJPEGBaseline           : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileNone                   : VAEntrypointVideoProc

```

libgl1-mesa-dri

```

❯ dpkg-query -L libgl1-mesa-dri:amd64
/.
/usr
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/crocus_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/d3d12_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i830_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i915_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/iris_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/kms_swrast_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/nouveau_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/nouveau_vieux_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r200_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r300_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeon_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/virtio_gpu_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/vmwgfx_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/zink_dri.so
/usr/share
/usr/share/bug
/usr/share/bug/libgl1-mesa-dri
/usr/share/bug/libgl1-mesa-dri/control
/usr/share/bug/libgl1-mesa-dri/script
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/libgl1-mesa-dri
/usr/share/doc/libgl1-mesa-dri/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/libgl1-mesa-dri/changelog.gz
/usr/share/doc/libgl1-mesa-dri/copyright
/usr/share/drirc.d
/usr/share/drirc.d/00-mesa-defaults.conf

```

 

What emby looking for

```

❯ emby-theater
Gtk-Message: 22:41:57.439: Failed to load module "colorreload-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: 22:41:57.439: Failed to load module "window-decorations-gtk-module"
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open radeonsi: /usr/lib/dri/radeonsi_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: radeonsi
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open radeonsi: /usr/lib/dri/radeonsi_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: radeonsi
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
Initializing cec-client...

{
  cecExePath: 'cec-client',
  cecEmitter: EventEmitter {
    _events: [Object: null prototype] {},
    _eventsCount: 0,
    _maxListeners: undefined
  },
  cecHdmiPort: ''
}
ERROR: cec-client not installed, running without cec functionality.

cec-client exited with code -2
UDP Client listening on 0.0.0.0:37653
starting udp receive timer with timeout ms: 1000
Message from: 192.168.0.2:7359
ServerDiscovery message received
Server discovery json: {"Address":"http://192.168.0.2:8096","Id":"db11e1c2722d4f68839ce90101bc8e09","Name":"Emby-Media"}
timer expired 1 servers received
[
  {
    Address: 'http://192.168.0.2:8096',
    Id: 'db11e1c2722d4f68839ce90101bc8e09',
    Name: 'Emby-Media',
    EndpointAddress: '192.168.0.2'
  }
]

```

Hello, I'm currently on Kubuntu 22.04 and I see this same behavior using 3.0.15, Nothing actually starts, it just spins until I manually force close it, however 3.0.14 works just fine. Is there any fix for this?


I tried Linux Mint also on the same machine and 3.0.15 worked, so I'm guessing something is missing, but not sure what.  It's a laptop with Intel Graphics, using i915 drivers

Kubuntu on my main machine but using nvidia works also just fine
Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...