Emby Theater for Linux

xnappo

tophDoggy

Hello. I have a Emby server on Synology. I usually use a Shield Pro in my living room, which works great.

I just downloaded ET for Arch Linux. Videos are playing fine, but I have no audio. My system is freshly updated, I use i3wm. Audio is working everywhere else. I've played with the audio settings, tried turning transcoding on/off, still no audio. There is no audio whether it's a trailer or a movie/show. I've tried movies with 7.1, 5.1, HEVC, AC3, AAC Stereo... nada. 

I did notice that system sounds played when signing in.

I have a USB interface with stereo speakers.

Info for geeks says,

Audio

English AAC stereo (Default)

95kbps 48000 Hz

Direct Play (95 kbps)

Audio bitrate: 0 kbps

Maybe the 0kbps has to do with it.

Please let me know what else I can provide.

3 hours ago, tophDoggy said:

Also, here are my logs.

I played several types of video with several types of audio. The audio did now play with any of them.

embyserver.txt 4.35 MB · 0 downloads

Hi, first I would update to the new 3.0.16 release:

https://emby.media/emby-theater-linux.html

Then if the issue persists, please try starting the app via the terminal and provide the complete terminal output. Thanks !

tophDoggy

Where should I get 3.0.16? The newest package for Arch is 3.0.15-5. I tried downloading it manually from https://github.com/MediaBrowser/emby-theater-electron/releases/download/3.0.16/emby-theater-rpm_3.0.16_x86_64.rpm, but I couldn't find the /releases folder.

Here is the terminal output. I always open programs with the terminal, save for the few I open with dmenu.

[topher@TDesktop ~]$ emby-theater
Initializing cec-client...

{
  cecExePath: 'cec-client',
  cecEmitter: EventEmitter {
    _events: [Object: null prototype] {},
    _eventsCount: 0,
    _maxListeners: undefined
  },
  cecHdmiPort: 'null'
}
ERROR: cec-client not installed, running without cec functionality.

cec-client exited with code -2
UDP Client listening on 0.0.0.0:45160
starting udp receive timer with timeout ms: 1000
Message from: 192.168.88.151:7359
ServerDiscovery message received
Server discovery json: {"Address":"http://192.168.88.151:8096","Id":"e991f9f9ffbd4b088a29cb63a98c4951","Name":"SynologyNAS"}
timer expired 1 servers received
[
  {
    Address: 'http://192.168.88.151:8096',
    Id: 'e991f9f9ffbd4b088a29cb63a98c4951',
    Name: 'SynologyNAS',
    EndpointAddress: '192.168.88.151'
  }
]
fs access result for path: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, access '/volume1/Media/Cinema/Shows/Succession/Succession.S02.COMPLETE.720p.AMZN.WEBRip.x264-GalaxyTV[TGx]/Succession.S02E03.720p.AMZN.WEBRip.x264-GalaxyTV.mkv'
[26187:0815/191847.695887:ERROR:raster_decoder.cc(1993)] [.RenderWorker-0x203bbc198700]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_VALUE : glCopySubTexture: Cannot clear non-combineable rects.
[26187:0815/191847.699628:ERROR:raster_decoder.cc(1993)] [.RenderWorker-0x203bbc198700]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_VALUE : glCopySubTexture: Cannot clear non-combineable rects.
[26187:0815/191849.020687:ERROR:raster_decoder.cc(1993)] [.RenderWorker-0x203bbc198700]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_VALUE : glCopySubTexture: Cannot clear non-combineable rects.
[26187:0815/191850.478041:ERROR:raster_decoder.cc(1993)] [.RenderWorker-0x203bbc198700]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_VALUE : glCopySubTexture: Cannot clear non-combineable rects.
[26187:0815/191851.918315:ERROR:raster_decoder.cc(1993)] [.RenderWorker-0x203bbc198700]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_VALUE : glCopySubTexture: Cannot clear non-combineable rects.
[26187:0815/191851.918375:ERROR:raster_decoder.cc(1993)] [.RenderWorker-0x203bbc198700]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_VALUE : glCopySubTexture: Cannot clear non-combineable rects.
[topher@TDesktop ~]$ emby-theater

{
  },
  cecHdmiPort: ''
}
ERROR: cec-client not installed, running without cec functionality.

cec-client exited with code -2
UDP Client listening on 0.0.0.0:45247
Message from: 192.168.88.151:7359
ServerDiscovery message received
Server discovery json: {"Address":"http://192.168.88.151:8096","Id":"e991f9f9ffbd4b088a29cb63a98c4951","Name":"SynologyNAS"}
timer expired 1 servers received
[
  {
    Address: 'http://192.168.88.151:8096',
    Id: 'e991f9f9ffbd4b088a29cb63a98c4951',
    Name: 'SynologyNAS',
    EndpointAddress: '192.168.88.151'
  }
]
fs access result for path: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, access '/volume1/Media/Cinema/Shows/Succession/Season2/Succession.S02E03.1080p.WEBRip.x265-RARBG.mp4'
fs access result for path: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, access '/volume1/Media/Cinema/Movies/MoviesSD/Apocalypse_Now_1979_BluRay_720p_YTS.AM_/Apocalypse.Now.1979.720p.BluRay.x264-YTS.AM_.mp4'
fs access result for path: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, access '/volume1/Media/Cinema/Movies/MoviesUHD/Annihilation.2018.PROPER.2160p.BluRay.REMUX.HEVC.DTS-HD.MA.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos-FGT/Annihilation.2018.PROPER.2160p.BluRay.REMUX.HEVC.DTS-HD.MA.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos-FGT.mkv'

tophDoggy

🤦‍♂️ Disregard my comment about not finding the releases.

So, I got 3.0.16 working, but I'm having the same issues: no sound and the terminal is still saying "fs access result for path: Error," which is weird since the video is working fine.

I wouldn't think this has anything to do with cec so I didn't really expect it to help, but I downloaded cec-ctl, which changed the cecHdmiPort to "null" instead of " " and got rid of the ERROR.

I did try plugging my headphones into my desktop. I also tried plugging them into my monitor, thought maybe audio was being directed by hdmi to that.

I'm going to go back to 3.0.15-5 so it's through pacman again.

alucryd

Just updated the package to 3.0.16 in the Arch repository.

What sound server are you using? Pipewire, pulse, alsa? Using pipewire I get sound here, expecting pulse to have sound as well, we have no pipewire support yet in mpv so it's all going through the pulse emulation.

tophDoggy

Thanks for updating that!

Oh, boy... Did I mention how much I love configuring audio in Arch?

I generally use Alsa. After reading your comment I tried Pulse, but was getting errors about not finding a working profile, module failing to load, and segmentation faults. There are some posts with the same issue, but I wasn't able to get it working.

Maybe this will help someone. I ended up trying Pipewire as you mentioned, which I've never used before. Downloaded Pipewire, then "systemctl --user enable pipewire.service", and "systemctl --user start pipewire.service." I also downloaded pipewire-{alsa, pulse, and jack}. After rebooting I found I had sound if I plugged headphones directly into my desktop, but now I didn't have sound through my Motu M2. I found in another post that alsa-ucm-conf needed to be downgraded to 1.2.7.1-1 and alsa-lib to 1.2.7.1-1. After a reboot, sound was restored and I'm finally watching Predator in 4k in Emby Theater!

Thanks for your help alucryd!

• Thanks 1

Luticus

I was just curious if there's any chance of getting dbus support in the future. This would give us access to having playback feed back in media player taskbar widgets such as those in KDE, as well as the ability to have other apps/scripts know what's playing in emby. This is, by my understanding, how spotify is able to do this for instance.  I think it would be a really nice feature to have. Would also allow me to make my lyrics fetch python script work with emby music too.
image.png.de146b9d8974db68ff17b11b79a09fb2.png

mprasil
On 1/13/2022 at 12:29 PM, mprasil said:

I'm experiencing the same issue on multiple different devices. The previous version (3.0.14) plays everything fine, the latest version 3.0.15 does not. I tried to enable mpv logs:

$ cat .config/mpv/mpv.conf 
log-file=/tmp/mpv.log

But that does not work either, no log file is generated. (this used to work previously also) It seems that there might be some issue even before the playback is attempted as I don't see any attempt to play the media on server side. Is there any way to troubleshoot further on the client?

I just did fresh installation of Ubuntu 22.04.1, then I installed the dependencies as per manual:

sudo apt-get install cec-utils libasound2 libatomic1 libc6 libegl1 libgcc-s1 libpulse0 libstdc++6

Then installed latest version of Emby Theater for Linux with dpkg:

sudo dpkg -i /path/to/deb

The 3.0.16 does not play - the loading spinner shows and that's it. The 3.0.15 is the same. But 3.0.14 plays everything just fine. The only output I see from Emby is the same no matter whether the playback succeeds or not:

fs access result for path: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, access '/data/movies/Big Buck Bunny/Big Buck Bunny.mp4'

This is on AMD64 platform with Intel J4105 CPU. I observe the exact same behavior on different versions of Ubuntu and different Intel CPUs. So at this stage I'm forced to use two years old client on multiple of my devices. How can I troubleshoot the issue?

On 8/18/2022 at 11:34 PM, Luticus said:

I was just curious if there's any chance of getting dbus support in the future. This would give us access to having playback feed back in media player taskbar widgets such as those in KDE, as well as the ability to have other apps/scripts know what's playing in emby. This is, by my understanding, how spotify is able to do this for instance.  I think it would be a really nice feature to have. Would also allow me to make my lyrics fetch python script work with emby music too.
image.png.de146b9d8974db68ff17b11b79a09fb2.png

Hi, yes, it's definitely a good idea. Thanks.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 2:49 PM, mprasil said:

I just did fresh installation of Ubuntu 22.04.1, then I installed the dependencies as per manual:

sudo apt-get install cec-utils libasound2 libatomic1 libc6 libegl1 libgcc-s1 libpulse0 libstdc++6

Then installed latest version of Emby Theater for Linux with dpkg:

sudo dpkg -i /path/to/deb

The 3.0.16 does not play - the loading spinner shows and that's it. The 3.0.15 is the same. But 3.0.14 plays everything just fine. The only output I see from Emby is the same no matter whether the playback succeeds or not:

fs access result for path: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, access '/data/movies/Big Buck Bunny/Big Buck Bunny.mp4'

This is on AMD64 platform with Intel J4105 CPU. I observe the exact same behavior on different versions of Ubuntu and different Intel CPUs. So at this stage I'm forced to use two years old client on multiple of my devices. How can I troubleshoot the issue?

Please supply the complete terminal output. Thanks.

mprasil
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Please supply the complete terminal output. Thanks.

The full output of latest version is:

libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open iris: /usr/lib/dri/iris_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: iris
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

{
  },
}
cec-client exited with code 1
UDP Client listening on 0.0.0.0:50764
timer expired 0 servers received
[]

That's it, the video never loads. As for the working version (3.0.14) the output is:

(electron) The default value of app.allowRendererProcessReuse is deprecated, it is currently "false".  It will change to be "true" in Electron 9.  For more information please check https://github.com/electron/electron/issues/18397

{
  },
}
UDP Client listening on 0.0.0.0:51041
[]

At this stage the video is showing correctly in this version. Does that help?

• Like 1

On 8/21/2022 at 12:47 AM, mprasil said:

The full output of latest version is:

libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open iris: /usr/lib/dri/iris_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: iris
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)

{
  },
}
UDP Client listening on 0.0.0.0:50764
[]

That's it, the video never loads. As for the working version (3.0.14) the output is:

(electron) The default value of app.allowRendererProcessReuse is deprecated, it is currently "false".  It will change to be "true" in Electron 9.  For more information please check https://github.com/electron/electron/issues/18397

{
  },
}
UDP Client listening on 0.0.0.0:51041
[]

At this stage the video is showing correctly in this version. Does that help?

I have the same. 3.0.14 - works, 3.0.15 and 3.0.16 - no. Linux Mint 21

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, a couple of days ago the fast-forward 10 seconds button stopped working. I can press it several times and nothing happens, it doesn't eventually fast-forward, it seems like nothing happens. The buttons work fine when I use the website, the server runs on my local network and the connection is 10 Gbps between the desktop and the server (and 800Mbps on the wifi to the laptop). This happens on the 3.0.14 and 3.0.16 versions of the application and I am running Zorin OS on both machines.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2022 at 8:23 AM, pSYoniK said:

Hey, a couple of days ago the fast-forward 10 seconds button stopped working. I can press it several times and nothing happens, it doesn't eventually fast-forward, it seems like nothing happens. The buttons work fine when I use the website, the server runs on my local network and the connection is 10 Gbps between the desktop and the server (and 800Mbps on the wifi to the laptop). This happens on the 3.0.14 and 3.0.16 versions of the application and I am running Zorin OS on both machines.

Hi, are you still running into this?

• 3 weeks later...
pSYoniK
On 14/09/2022 at 19:07, Luke said:

Hi, are you still running into this?

Hey, sorry for not replying. No, it stopped happening after changing OS, however, I ran into another issue now with 3.0.16 which doesn't happen on 3.0.14. It's emby not finding the correct driver paths I believe similar to

I checked the output when running emby-theater and get this: 

ibGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open radeonsi: /usr/lib/dri/radeonsi_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: radeonsi
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open radeonsi: /usr/lib/dri/radeonsi_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: radeonsi
dpkg-query -L emby-theater | grep radeon
/opt/emby-theater/extra/lib/dri/radeonsi_drv_video.so
/opt/emby-theater/extra/lib/libdrm_radeon.so.1.0.1
/opt/emby-theater/extra/lib/libdrm_radeon.so
/opt/emby-theater/extra/lib/libdrm_radeon.so.1

Running vainfo returns:

vainfo
libva info: VA-API version 1.14.0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_14
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
vainfo: VA-API version: 1.14 (libva 2.12.0)
vainfo: Driver version: Mesa Gallium driver 22.0.5 for AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT (navy_flounder, LLVM 13.0.1, DRM 3.47, 5.19.0-76051900-generic)
vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
      VAProfileMPEG2Simple            :	VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileMPEG2Main              :	VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Simple              :	VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Main                :	VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Advanced            :	VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline:	VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline:	VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileH264Main               :	VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264Main               :	VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileH264High               :	VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264High               :	VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileHEVCMain               :	VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileHEVCMain               :	VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileHEVCMain10             :	VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileHEVCMain10             :	VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileJPEGBaseline           :	VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVP9Profile0            :	VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVP9Profile2            :	VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileAV1Profile0            :	VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileNone                   :	VAEntrypointVideoProc

And libgl1-mesa-dri output is this: 

dpkg-query -L libgl1-mesa-dri:amd64
/.
/usr
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/crocus_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/d3d12_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/iris_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/kms_swrast_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/nouveau_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r300_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/virtio_gpu_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/vmwgfx_dri.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/zink_dri.so
/usr/share
/usr/share/bug
/usr/share/bug/libgl1-mesa-dri
/usr/share/bug/libgl1-mesa-dri/control
/usr/share/bug/libgl1-mesa-dri/script
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/libgl1-mesa-dri
/usr/share/doc/libgl1-mesa-dri/copyright
/usr/share/drirc.d
/usr/share/drirc.d/00-mesa-defaults.conf
/usr/share/doc/libgl1-mesa-dri/changelog.Debian.gz

And this is the same as the original emby-theater output but a view from the syslog file:

Oct  6 05:18:47 pop-os emby-theater.desktop[8214]: libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open radeonsi: /usr/lib/dri/radeonsi_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
Oct  6 05:18:47 pop-os emby-theater.desktop[8214]: libGL error: failed to load driver: radeonsi
Oct  6 05:18:47 pop-os emby-theater.desktop[8214]: libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open radeonsi: /usr/lib/dri/radeonsi_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
Oct  6 05:18:47 pop-os emby-theater.desktop[8214]: libGL error: failed to load driver: radeonsi
Oct  6 05:18:47 pop-os emby-theater.desktop[8214]: libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
Oct  6 05:18:47 pop-os emby-theater.desktop[8214]: libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

I saw in the linked page that apparently we should be able to point emby to the right place to find the drivers or did I misunderstand that? I don't have an mpv.conf file setup and last but not least, this is my os info, it just got a fresh install.

NAME="Pop!_OS"
VERSION="22.04 LTS"
ID=pop
ID_LIKE="ubuntu debian"
PRETTY_NAME="Pop!_OS 22.04 LTS"
VERSION_ID="22.04"
HOME_URL="https://pop.system76.com"
SUPPORT_URL="https://support.system76.com"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://github.com/pop-os/pop/issues"
PRIVACY_POLICY_URL="https://system76.com/privacy"
VERSION_CODENAME=jammy
UBUNTU_CODENAME=jammy
LOGO=distributor-logo-pop-os

PS - all dependencies were installed as per the install instructions here - https://emby.media/emby-theater-linux.html#deb

hukt_own_fonikz

There was another user on the very first page who mentioned this, and I don't see another reference to it. Emby Theater always takes focus when you click on another window, making it impossible to multitask when using the application (as opposed to the browser). I have a secondary monitor that I'd like to be able to use while also playing a video in ET. Is there an option that I'm not finding to allow me to stop ET from taking window focus automatically?

4 minutes ago, hukt_own_fonikz said:

There was another user on the very first page who mentioned this, and I don't see another reference to it. Emby Theater always takes focus when you click on another window, making it impossible to multitask when using the application (as opposed to the browser). I have a secondary monitor that I'd like to be able to use while also playing a video in ET. Is there an option that I'm not finding to allow me to stop ET from taking window focus automatically?

Hi, we'll take a look at it. Thanks.

daldana

So I've still been playing around with an RPI 3b and attached are some logs.

I've found that with 3.0.15, I can play Live TV with both hw acceleration turned on or off, but movie files in mkv can only be played without hwa. If hwa is on in a movie file, then only audio works, no video. The attached logs, ending at 10:07 and 10:11 are from Live TV and the movie file with hwa turned on. The log ending at 10:14 is the movie file with hwa turned off.

Then I tried 3.0.16 and found that neither Live TV nor the movie file play at all, no matter if hwa is turned on or off. The logs ending at 10:23 and 10:26 are with hwa turned off (I saw no reason to add the hwa turned on logs). Interestingly though, if I add mpv as a standalone player and configure ET with it as the external player, both Live TV and the movie file play and seemingly with hwa.

For now, I'm staying with 3.0.15 since I use Live TV a lot and will just switch off hwa when I want to watch a movie. Hope some of this helps.

Oops, forgot to mention that RPI is running on Debian Bullseye.

ffmpeg-transcode-1d0b1e4c-d3bb-4bdc-a820-7b59422906a8_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-59786ce8-779f-449c-8e32-3f5e3b7bf6f9_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-cabdcafe-1a61-4b3f-9a2e-a92636a2509a_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-cd00efd3-9ff8-4e5d-80bd-fae6589ccbba_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-da59cf9a-91a7-4ac4-9e6f-7246409389b1_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-e8976645-b3e9-4bf6-bfd8-3adb7f740e1b_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-fdfe7e95-28b2-4677-8112-71492e5642ed_1.txt

Edited by daldana
Omitted information

1 hour ago, daldana said:

So I've still been playing around with an RPI 3b and attached are some logs.

I've found that with 3.0.15, I can play Live TV with both hw acceleration turned on or off, but movie files in mkv can only be played without hwa. If hwa is on in a movie file, then only audio works, no video. The attached logs, ending at 10:07 and 10:11 are from Live TV and the movie file with hwa turned on. The log ending at 10:14 is the movie file with hwa turned off.

Then I tried 3.0.16 and found that neither Live TV nor the movie file play at all, no matter if hwa is turned on or off. The logs ending at 10:23 and 10:26 are with hwa turned off (I saw no reason to add the hwa turned on logs). Interestingly though, if I add mpv as a standalone player and configure ET with it as the external player, both Live TV and the movie file play and seemingly with hwa.

For now, I'm staying with 3.0.15 since I use Live TV a lot and will just switch off hwa when I want to watch a movie. Hope some of this helps.

Oops, forgot to mention that RPI is running on Debian Bullseye.

ffmpeg-transcode-1d0b1e4c-d3bb-4bdc-a820-7b59422906a8_1.txt 48.7 kB · 0 downloads ffmpeg-transcode-59786ce8-779f-449c-8e32-3f5e3b7bf6f9_1.txt 165.22 kB · 0 downloads ffmpeg-transcode-cabdcafe-1a61-4b3f-9a2e-a92636a2509a_1.txt 59.25 kB · 0 downloads ffmpeg-transcode-cd00efd3-9ff8-4e5d-80bd-fae6589ccbba_1.txt 36.47 kB · 0 downloads ffmpeg-transcode-da59cf9a-91a7-4ac4-9e6f-7246409389b1_1.txt 139.14 kB · 0 downloads ffmpeg-transcode-e8976645-b3e9-4bf6-bfd8-3adb7f740e1b_1.txt 165.55 kB · 0 downloads ffmpeg-transcode-fdfe7e95-28b2-4677-8112-71492e5642ed_1.txt 43.74 kB · 0 downloads

Hi, what exactly happens when you try to play?

daldana

In 3.0.15, when I try to play the movie file (mkv) with hwa turned of, I get audio but no video. Live TV plays fine with hwa turned on (Auto copy-back) or off.

In 3.0.16, when I try to play Live TV or the movie file (it doesn't matter if hwa is on or off), I just get the spinning circle. No audio or video, then I have to shut down ET.

In 3.0.16, with mpv set up as an external player, I can play both Live TV and the movie file.

daldana

@Luke,

I know I really didn't ask for help, but I'm wondering if my logs help at all in figuring out why 3.0.16 seems to have issues with some Linux systems. There have been multiple reports of just getting the spinning circle when trying to play videos.

23 hours ago, daldana said:

@Luke,

I know I really didn't ask for help, but I'm wondering if my logs help at all in figuring out why 3.0.16 seems to have issues with some Linux systems. There have been multiple reports of just getting the spinning circle when trying to play videos.

Hi, yes we're looking into it. Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
TheNewRacket

Hi! is there anyway to change screen orientation for Emby Theater RPi? I didn't see a setting poking around the menus, but it would really help me out if there was.