Emby Theater for Linux

xnappo

23 hours ago, TheNewRacket said:

Hi! is there anyway to change screen orientation for Emby Theater RPi? I didn't see a setting poking around the menus, but it would really help me out if there was.

Hi, do you mean aspect ratio during playback, or for browsing around the user interface?

mprasil
On 10/25/2022 at 7:24 PM, TheNewRacket said:

Hi! is there anyway to change screen orientation for Emby Theater RPi? I didn't see a setting poking around the menus, but it would really help me out if there was.

I'm not using Raspberry with Emby anymore, but if you want to change the orientation of the entire screen, Raspberry Pi should read the /boot/config.txt file on the SD card, where you can set display_hdmi_rotate value appropriately - see details in the docs. So for example, you could add display_hdmi_rotate=2  there to rotate it by 180 degrees. (upside down) Screen should be rotated depending on the value after you reboot.

Edited by mprasil

• 2 weeks later...

For those who have been unable to play using the .deb or RPI packages,  can you try redownloading the 3.0.16 .deb and let us know how that compares? We've repackaged it with some library updates. We're also working on a 3.0.17 release with more updates but wanted to do a quick repackaging for now.

Thanks !

• Thanks 2

rdhardi

Never posted, but I had this problem on Ubuntu 22.04 so I've been on 3.0.14. When I tried 3.0.15 & 3.0.16, they never worked, just got spinning circle. Just redownloaded the new 3.0.16 .deb and it's working now. Thank you!

• Thanks 1

The newer 3.0.16 got playback instead spinning circle but still not utilize hardware acceleration, im on amd igpu. There is logs about missing file, maybe related.

Logs:

❯ emby-theater
Gtk-Message: 01:36:42.321: Failed to load module "colorreload-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: 01:36:42.321: Failed to load module "window-decorations-gtk-module"
/opt/emby-theater/extra/share/libdrm/amdgpu.ids: No such file or directory
Initializing cec-client...

{
  cecExePath: 'cec-client',
  cecEmitter: EventEmitter {
    _events: [Object: null prototype] {},
    _eventsCount: 0,
    _maxListeners: undefined
  },
  cecHdmiPort: ''
}
ERROR: cec-client not installed, running without cec functionality.

cec-client exited with code -2
UDP Client listening on 0.0.0.0:55855
starting udp receive timer with timeout ms: 1000
timer expired 0 servers received

And also if im trying to use external player `/usr/bin/mpv` that used to be working "as workaround spinning circle" now throwing missing file

/usr/bin/mpv: symbol lookup error: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libva-x11.so.2: undefined symbol: va_fool_postp

`

Edited by dedyms
Add log about missing file

Luticus
5 hours ago, Luke said:

For those who have been unable to play using the .deb or RPI packages,  can you try redownloading the 3.0.16 .deb and let us know how that compares? We've repackaged it with some library updates. We're also working on a 3.0.17 release with more updates but wanted to do a quick repackaging for now.

Thanks !

@LukeI don't think I was having any issues with playback on Debian 11 and Debian 12 (testing) but I'll give the new package a look and let you know. One thing I have noticed lately is I have a lot of images that don't seem to work. Like after I scan a library for new content the images for new media appear broken, even if I manually edit the images and then search for them they all look broken, but if I restart the server it will sometimes fix it and the images come down. It's weird and intermittent, not sure If others have that issue, but I'd be curious if they do. I think I'm using tvdb and moviedb as sources, among other. All of them seem to behave the same though.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, alucryd said:

@dedyms What OS are you using? Probably need to adjust an env variable to fix that missing file issue.

Debian 11 64bit

My exported env, firefox and mpv looking vaapi correctly

export PATH
#export http_proxy HTTP_PROXY
export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
export GCC_COLORS='error=01;31:warning=01;35:note=01;36:caret=01;32:locus=01:quote=01'
export DXVK_HUD=devinfo,fps,pipelines,memory,version
export DXVK_STATE_CACHE_PATH=/home/dedyms/.dxvk/
export DXVK_LOG_PATH=/home/dedyms/.dxvk/
export DXVK_ASYNC=1
#export MOZ_ENABLE_WAYLAND=1
export MOZ_X11_EGL=1 
export MOZ_DISABLE_RDD_SANDBOX=1
#export PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC=60
#export __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1
#export MESA_GLTHREAD=TRUE
#export PBA_DISABLE=1
export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=qt5ct
#export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland
#export GDK_BACKEND=wayland
#export CLUTTER_BACKEND=wayland
#export SDL_VIDEODRIVER=wayland
#export LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=nvidia
export XCURSOR_SIZE=32
#export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.3
#export LANG=id_ID.UTF8
#export export LC_ALL=id_ID.UTF-8
#export export LANG=id_ID.UTF-8
#export __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1
export ZLSCOLORS="${LS_COLORS}"

mprasil
22 hours ago, Luke said:

Thanks !

I can also confirm the fixed version works as expected. Thanks a lot for fixing it.

• Thanks 1

hukt_own_fonikz

I haven't had any playback issues at all, just an issue with the client holding focus and not letting me use other open applications.

daldana

@Luke and @alucryd,

Unfortunately, the latest release still does not work on RPI 3b. I tried it on both Live TV and a movie file, but still only get the spinning circle, no audio or video. Logs attached, just for the Live TV attempts (the movie file does exactly the same). Reverting back to 3.0.15.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-4c848b63-4ec0-4fec-b930-72053458bcfb_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-9e80d097-2a67-4fe8-abc8-38c36c100704_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-faae2cf7-3527-48e8-9808-603e31bfc252_1.txt

alucryd

@daldanaThought we were in the clear regarding rpi so I didn't have a look at it recently. Will do soon.

Edit: Confirmed, I also get the spinning blue ring of death on rpi3, looking into it.

Edited by alucryd

I'm using the flatpak version of Emby Theater. For a few weeks now, maybe a month or so, whenever i run

flatpak update

I receive these warnings:

Looking for updates…

Info: runtime org.freedesktop.Platform branch 20.08 is end-of-life, with reason:
   org.freedesktop.Platform 20.08 is no longer receiving fixes and security updates. Please update to a supported runtime version.
Info: applications using this runtime:
   media.emby.EmbyTheater

Info: runtime org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default branch 20.08 is end-of-life, with reason:
   org.freedesktop.Platform 20.08 is no longer receiving fixes and security updates. Please update to a supported runtime version.
Info: applications using this extension:
   media.emby.EmbyTheater

And it's getting tiresome. Would you, please, update the flatpak version to make use of more modern versions of these runtimes, such as 22.08?

55 minutes ago, Der R said:

I'm using the flatpak version of Emby Theater. For a few weeks now, maybe a month or so, whenever i run

flatpak update

I receive these warnings:

Looking for updates…

Info: runtime org.freedesktop.Platform branch 20.08 is end-of-life, with reason:
Info: applications using this runtime:
   media.emby.EmbyTheater

Info: runtime org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default branch 20.08 is end-of-life, with reason:
Info: applications using this extension:
   media.emby.EmbyTheater

And it's getting tiresome. Would you, please, update the flatpak version to make use of more modern versions of these runtimes, such as 22.08?

Hi, yes it's in our to do list. Thanks.

anthonws

Installed 3.0.16 version for Fedora (version 37). Cannot launch it.

Error:

/opt/emby-theater/electron/emby-theater: /opt/emby-theater/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /lib64/libicuuc.so.71)

All deps are installed. And GLIBCXX version 3.4.30 is installed.

strings /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GLIBCXX

GLIBCXX_3.4
GLIBCXX_3.4.1
GLIBCXX_3.4.2
GLIBCXX_3.4.3
GLIBCXX_3.4.4
GLIBCXX_3.4.5
GLIBCXX_3.4.6
GLIBCXX_3.4.7
GLIBCXX_3.4.8
GLIBCXX_3.4.9
GLIBCXX_3.4.10
GLIBCXX_3.4.11
GLIBCXX_3.4.12
GLIBCXX_3.4.13
GLIBCXX_3.4.14
GLIBCXX_3.4.15
GLIBCXX_3.4.16
GLIBCXX_3.4.17
GLIBCXX_3.4.18
GLIBCXX_3.4.19
GLIBCXX_3.4.20
GLIBCXX_3.4.21
GLIBCXX_3.4.22
GLIBCXX_3.4.23
GLIBCXX_3.4.24
GLIBCXX_3.4.25
GLIBCXX_3.4.26
GLIBCXX_3.4.27
GLIBCXX_3.4.28
GLIBCXX_3.4.29
GLIBCXX_3.4.30
GLIBCXX_DEBUG_MESSAGE_LENGTH

Any hints?

On 04/11/2022 at 17:53, Luke said:

Thanks !

I just tried it out this morning and it plays videos fine, the error is no longer showing up. I tested out several movies and a few tv shows and no problems. Thank you!

• Thanks 1

Dissuade

Installed from this source :- dnf install https://github.com/MediaBrowser/emby-theater-electron/releases/download/3.0.16/emby-theater-rpm_3.0.16_x86_64.rpm

Trying to lauch emby-theater fails with error.

/opt/emby-theater/electron/emby-theater: /opt/emby-theater/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /lib64/libicuuc.so.71)

Any fix for this issue ? 

On 11/24/2022 at 3:16 PM, Dissuade said:

Installed from this source :- dnf install https://github.com/MediaBrowser/emby-theater-electron/releases/download/3.0.16/emby-theater-rpm_3.0.16_x86_64.rpm

Trying to lauch emby-theater fails with error.

Any fix for this issue ? 

Hi, we are looking into it. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
daldana

@Luke,

I'm very happy to report that 3.0.19 works on an RPI 3b running Debian Bullseye (32-bit) as the OS. I get hardware acceleration on Live TV, Recorded TV, and Movies (mine are all mkv format) using the Auto (copy back) setting. I used to have to turn off hardware acceleration when watching either Recorded TV or Movies, but now I don't need to.

Thanks to you, @alucryd, and the whole team for this!

Edited by daldana
  • Thanks 2

InnKeepNY

Emby theater in arch is throwing up emby theater not found after install. This is arch version 3.0.16-2 November 14th update. I know its an easy fix but I just can't seem to get it to work.