screenplay for WebOS 2.0 and higher TVs

kwilcox

jabs1975

Can anyone help me please i was using plex but i have moved over to emby and wanted to use screen play and my lg smart tv but i'm used to pin setup is there anyway around this ?

kwilcox

I recommend that you set up a special user for screenplay by using the management website that's built into your new emby server.  When you connect screenplay to your emby server, that user will be shown.  Just enter the password that you set for the screenplay user and you're done!

• Like 1

Jonz

Mmhhh all of a sudden subtitles stopped working for me in DirectPlay, it just says no subtitles available when I toggle it but plays fine on DLNA. They are external srt. Will try to get a lof the next time.

cmarques

Mmhhh all of a sudden subtitles stopped working for me in DirectPlay, it just says no subtitles available when I toggle it but plays fine on DLNA. They are external srt. Will try to get a lof the next time.

check the post #3 that has some observations about the subtittle support!

julmit1

I am unable to login to Screenplay on LG TV. I have my on Emby Server however I also am invited to share a third party movie & tv shows server.  I entered the ip address and port on the Screenplay home screen.  It then brings me to a user / password screen however there is no ability to enter user name.  It defaults to the password line.  I have entered the password needed to access the third party server and also tried leaving blank and hit enter.  In both cases it just brings me back to the user / password line.  It appears the user line should be added in the template.  I have set up Emby Connect.  I also am unaware if there is away to add the third party server connection to my personal Emby server dashboard.  I am able to access my personal Emby server via Screenplay.  I also tried entering the url used to access the third party server (without needing the ip address) http://app.emby.media/selectserver.html once I enter this url both serves appear (third party and personal) on the next screen to chose from.  Attached are the screenshots showing the initial Add Server screen and User Login user / password screen.  I know it accepted the ip address of the third party server. 

post-213270-0-06434500-1494814300_thumb.jpg

post-213270-0-86513700-1494814306_thumb.jpg

kwilcox

screenplay only works with publicly view-able user IDs.  The server you are using most likely has "Hide this user from login screens" checked in the properties for the user you are attempting to use.

• 2 weeks later...
epox001
Bonjour à tous.

Pour commencer un grand bravo au concepteur de ScreenPlay.

Ancien utilisateur de Plex, j'ai décidé de passé sur Emby et j'utilise votre application sur deux modèles de tv LG sans problèmes (pour le moment :P).

Mais j'aurais deux questions:

1) comme expliqué sur se fil ( https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/47825-cat%C3%A9gories-qui-ne-saffichent-pas-sous-webos/ ) j'utilise plusieurs catégories pour bien trier les différents styles de films. Malheureusement pour moi, ScreenPlay, pour le moment ne permet que 11 catégories.  Y a t'il un projet dans le temps pour agrandir cette liste?

2)Y a t'il possibilité dans le réseau interne (lan) de se connecter avec une adresse interne (192.168.****) Car j'ai essayé et je n'y arrive pas .

Un grand merci pour votre travail et pour votre aide :D

Via Google Traduction:

Hello everyone.

To start a big congratulations to the designer of ScreenPlay.

Previously Plex user, I decided to spend on Emby and I use your application on two LG tv models without problems (at the moment: p).

But I have two questions:

1) as explained on thread (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/47825-cat%C3%A9gories-qui-ne-saffichent-pas-sous-webos/) I use several Categories to sort the various styles of films. Unfortunately for me, ScreenPlay, for now only allows 11 categories. Is there a project in time to enlarge this list?

2) Is there a possibility in the internal network (lan) to connect with an internal address (192.168. ****) Because I tried and I can not.

A big thank you for your work and for your help: D

kwilcox

There should be no problems reaching an internal 192.168.x.x address as long as both your emby server and your LG TV are addressed on that same subnet.  My emby server is actually addressed on my lan (10.0.0.0/24) and I connect directly to it using its 10.x address using screenplay.  If your TV and server are on different subnets then there has to be a router connecting the two which can slow down streaming speeds significantly.

Edited by kwilcox
  • Like 1

epox001

Many thanks for your response kwilcox. They are on the same network. As soon as I come back, I try again;)

Would you have a page where we can see what is planned for the next version? :D

kwilcox

Good idea!  I'll see if I can either start an enhancement thread or make a formal post with a page one link to it.  I'm currently working on binge watching and alternate audio support.  From a UI perspective, I have detail catalog view option and remember position in episode and catalog picker screens.  I haven't implemented scrolling on the main screen which is why there's an 11 category limitation currently.  Work on updates has been slow (since it hasn't been very rainy in the midwest US lately and we are beginning to enjoy the summer weather), but I did finish up a change to toggle viewed state from the item screen recently.  Its the first part of the binge watch feature changes.  Next will be implementing a technique to remember picker position in movie and episode catalog screens followed by coding the binge watch feature itself.

Capture-vi.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been using this app as an alternative to Plex on my new LG. Used to have a Samsung and Plex was great on it, but the LG Plex app doesnt support direct play. Great work by the way. Few suggestions on things that could be improved:

- Next up, similar to the Plex apps. Should show the next episode to play if in a series. Maybe your above post about binge watching is the same thing?

- Showing the synopsis of a episode and then clicking back takes the navigation back to the episode 1 of a series. This is a bit annoying when you are looking at a episode way down the list.

- Ability to mark files as watched/unwatched.

Otherwise, it's great to see a high quality app that is free :)

• Like 1

kwilcox

"Next Up" will be a part of the binge watch feature.  It'll show on the series summary screen along with new play, check, and delete buttons.  Hitting play will launch the displayed "next up" episode.  Delete will delete the series, and check will toggle played status for all episodes.  When an episode finishes, you will be taken back to the series summary screen so you can easily hit play again to launch the next episode.  I'm debating whether I want to also put a countdown timer in to auto-launch the next episode.

See post #460 for a preview of the mark feature.  Remember highlight position on all summary screens is also planned.  This one bugs me too :)

Edited by kwilcox
  • Like 1

mastrmind11

"Next Up" will be a part of the binge watch feature.  It'll show on the series summary screen along with new play, check, and delete buttons.  Hitting play will launch the displayed "next up" episode.  Delete will delete the series, and check will toggle played status for all episodes.  When an episode finishes, you will be taken back to the series summary screen so you can easily hit play again to launch the next episode.  I'm debating whether I want to also put a countdown timer in to auto-launch the next episode.

See post #460 for a preview of the mark feature.  Remember highlight position on all summary screens is also planned.  This one bugs me too :)

Absolutely add a timer and auto-launch.  My kids are too young to use a remote so having to hit a button for the next episode kind of defeats the purpose of binge watching.  Netflix, YouTube, Amazon, and even Emby auto-launch.

dasjanik

Hey there, 

been using this App the past few days on my new LG TV..

I'm really looking forward to the binge-watching features like "Next Up" (add this one to the Dashboard/Homescreen, too - if you haven't already thought about that).

Only one thing that bugs me: There is an item "Continue watching" (or similar) on the Homescreen - but every time  one time I came through this item and hit "Play" afterwards in the Episode View, the Episode started from beginning, not resuming. I guess that is not the expected behaviour ;)

Direct Play is enabled. I haven't tried it with Direct Play disabled so far.

Edited by dasjanik

kwilcox

That's odd.  When you say that you hit "Play" I'm assuming you actually meant that you were hitting the "Resume" button (highlighted in this shot):

Capture6-vi.jpg

dasjanik

Oh ok that's really odd, I wasn't even shown this button the time I wrote the post.

Just checked again. Now it's there and working as expected. 

Does Screenplay has a different value for declaring a video resumable? (My Emby default is 5% and 5%)

If not I assume it was a one-time glitch, because as I said: Everything working fine right now. 

P.S. I know it's bad manners to ask the developer of a free application to give ETA but how is the Binge-Watching development going? :)

P.P.S. a little bug/glitch I came across: When the validator is open (delete item yes/no) the back key is unhandled - treat it like a "no"-click would be the right behaviour I guess?

Edited by dasjanik

• 2 weeks later...
mastrmind11

I've had some time to watch stuff w/ my kids on their LG and noticed subtitles on pretty much every movie.  I have subtitles disabled in their Emby profile, and when I hit the toggle subtitle button in Screenplay it reports that there are no subtitles available.  When I watch the same item via ATV or the webapp (Chrome) no subtitles are present.  Attached is the media info:

Media Info

Video CodecH264
AVCYes
ProfileHigh
Level41
Resolution1920x816
Aspect ratio2.35:1
AnamorphicNo
InterlacedNo
Framerate23.9760246
Bitrate10157 kbps
Bit depth8 bit
Pixel formatyuv420p
Ref frames1
NAL4
Audio Languageeng
CodecDTS
ProfileDTS
Layout5.1
Channels6 ch
Bitrate1536 kbps
Sample rate48000 Hz
DefaultYes
TitleEng DTS 5.1 Default
Audio Languagedut
CodecDTS
ProfileDTS
Layout5.1
Channels6 ch
Bitrate768 kbps
Sample rate48000 Hz
DefaultNo
TitleDut DTS 5.1
Audio Languagedum
CodecDTS
ProfileDTS
Layout5.1
Channels6 ch
Bitrate768 kbps
Sample rate48000 Hz
DefaultNo
TitleDum Flemish
Subtitle Languagedut
CodecSUBRIP
DefaultYes
ForcedNo
ExternalNo
TitleDut Default
Containermkv

Here is what ffmpeg thinks:

Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (High), yuv420p(progressive), 1920x816, SAR 1:1 DAR 40:17, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 47.95 tbc (default)
    Stream #0:1(eng): Audio: dts (DTS), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 1536 kb/s (default)
    Stream #0:2(dut): Audio: dts (DTS), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 768 kb/s
    Stream #0:3(dum): Audio: dts (DTS), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 768 kb/s
    Metadata:
      title           : Flemish
    Stream #0:4(dut): Subtitle: subrip (default)
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (copy)
  Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (dts (dca) -> aac (native))

I have others if you need more examples.

Thanks!

Edited by mastrmind11

kwilcox

If you have direct play enabled then subtitles embedded in mkv containers will always play.  This is due to limited mkv support from LG.  I always mux embedded subtitles out and use external subtitle files.

• Like 1

mastrmind11

If you have direct play enabled then subtitles embedded in mkv containers will always play.  This is due to limited mkv support from LG.  I always mux embedded subtitles out and use external subtitle files.

bah.  ok thanks.

mastrmind11

After updating my server to .20, the UI on screenplay is brutally slow...  like 15-20 seconds to react to each button press.  Bouncing the server, resetting the screenplay app, etc has no effect.  Network infrastructure has not changed.  Anyone else experience this or perhaps have a way to reset the app?  It's borderline unusable at the moment.  Thanks

kwilcox

I'm running emby server v3.2.24.0 currently with no response degradation issues.

Edited by kwilcox

Hello i want ask about answer in my topic:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/49050-ffmpeg-on-emby-vs-dlna/&do=findComment&comment=467029

i use screenplay on LG smart TV, and when play i have in admin emby "Direct play" but FFMPEG working and use 100 % cpu, movie don't play smoothie. 

here are logs

https://www.dropbox.com/s/39sm198ypug43or/Logffmpeg.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9g3xsftihwlvylq/serverlog.txt?dl=0

mastrmind11

Hello i want ask about answer in my topic:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/49050-ffmpeg-on-emby-vs-dlna/&do=findComment&comment=467029

i use screenplay on LG smart TV, and when play i have in admin emby "Direct play" but FFMPEG working and use 100 % cpu, movie don't play smoothie. 

here are logs

https://www.dropbox.com/s/39sm198ypug43or/Logffmpeg.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9g3xsftihwlvylq/serverlog.txt?dl=0

Do you have direct play set in Screenplay?  If not, that's your problem. 

Edited by mastrmind11