screenplay for WebOS 2.0 and higher TVs

kwilcox

kwilcox

I was trying live.m3u8.  master.m3u8 requires a mediaSourceID.  Is there a source code reference for v3.6 using master.m3u8 somewhere? Apparently I'm no longer formatting the request correctly.

Ok, I've got it sorted.  Both transcoded and direct streams are working again now.  Problem was that MediaSourceId was never being handled correctly by screenplay (it was using ItemId instead of the true mediaSourceId)  but previous versions of emby server didn't care about it.

On to more testing....  I'd like to go in and fix a few more things while I'm working on it too.  For instance, I've noticed that the green "checked" icons on viewed media aren't showing up correctly any more; they have the checkmark but also some unprintable character.

2v2EJ1Y82xQr3s.png

hmmm... this problem appears to be at the server.  Simply sending the simplest form of the /items/{id}/images command returns the bad played icon:

2v2EJ15eJxQr3s.png

I've posted this to the emby server testing area.

Edited by kwilcox

kwilcox

version 1.3.0 submitted to LG for QA testing.  Includes:

• Emby Server v3.6 compatibility
  • Toggle played status on Item screen
  • Client side played status rendering

kwilcox

@kwilcox - any plans for update ? I really enjoy the screenplay app so it would be awesome when it could be used with the server version 3.6 and higher

Update is in LG QA now.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
kwilcox

bah... QA rejected.  Legitimate bug that they missed before.  Screenplay v1.3.2 submitted.  Another  2 week wait begins...

Edited by kwilcox

kwilcox

Yea now that I checked, it is a bit longer actually.  Last version was submitted on December 11th and QA got around to it on Jan 1.  So more like 3 weeks.  Hopefully Emby QA isn't taking any longer than that...

kwilcox

Folks, quick update.  It looks like Emby Server v4.0 may hit the "stable release" track any day now, while its counterpart, screenplay v1.3.2, is still about 2 weeks away from being checked out by the LG QA team.  Based on this, I'd recommend temporarily turning off automatic updates on your Emby server if you depend on screenplay as an LG TV client. Screenplay v1.2.x will not play content on emby server v4.x.

kwilcox

Working on v1.4 now which will remember episode/catalog focus positions when the back button is used.    This is in preparation for the next episode auto-play feature that will go into the QA queue after they are done with v1.3.2.  Also fixed another (long standing) bug on the catalog screen where clicking on an alphabet index letter with the magic remote sometimes didn't show items that were alphabetically before the selected index.  I may be adding filter capabilities to this page too.  Definitely thinking of doing a search textbox that will narrow the shown catalog items to those that have the search phrase in their title and maybe a genre filter also.

Edited by kwilcox

• 2 weeks later...
kwilcox

Screenplay v1.3.2 which works with Emby server v4.x passed LG QA today and should be available for downloading in all service areas shortly.  Submitting v1.4 next which has better collection screen handling.  Then I might actually work on Live TV support instead of auto-play...

Edited by kwilcox
  • Like 1

LuckyLukeX

And it works!  I mean v1.3.2, waiting for v1.4.0 ...

Thanks a lot @@kwilcox and, by the way, you can count at least 4 Screenplay fans, all my family members!    :D 

@@Luke - The big problem I noticed with Emby App and my TV is that, sometimes, it is lagging or have slow response; you click on some button and nothing happens for seconds - no such behaviour with Screenplay.
Anyway with new LG firmware v4.25.85 the problem is less frequent, but not yet solved, so I don't know if it's an Emby App or a LG firmware anomaly.   :huh:

• Like 1

kwilcox

I've actually noticed the performance issue with the official Emby app myself.   Also nice to know I have twice as many fans as I thought I had!  v1.4 will make it easier to binge watch TV shows since when an episode ends and you are returned to the item screen, pressing the back button will take you right to that episode on the collection screen.  Quick click from there and you're on the next episode. I actually grew a bit dependent on this feature while running v1.4 in developer mode (which is probably why I'm going to look into a Live TV implementation next).  I want it to be quick and intuitive: DVR mode will be implied; the popup control will show how much ahead of the view the live stream is. Left/right buttons will fast forward/rewind just as they do for static video content.  Right button will stop working when playback has caught up to the live stream.  I will add a record button to a live TV item page, thinking that multiple clicks cycle you through record item, record series, record off.  Live TV guide will be mapped to a collection screen layout.

kwilcox

Screenplay's beta track compatibility challenges continue...  Auth has changed in EmbyServer v4.1.  the SHA1 encrypted "Password" parameter is no longer accepted and has been replaced by the new "Pw" parameter which is plaintext.  Not sure why this was done since the password is now easily determined when inspecting traffic.  Screenplay v1.4.1 and > will support embyserver v4.1 and >

Here's the relevant Emby server doc:

The password must be sent in the body, in three different form fields:

• pw - password in plain text
  • password - password in Sha1
  • passwordMd5 - password in MD5

IMPORTANT - The Emby login API is in a state of transition, and this is why three different forms of the password are required. Beginning April 1, 2018, only the "pw" param will be required. Until then, all three are needed in order to support both newer and older servers.

Edited by kwilcox

Because the original password is needed to support alternative login mechanisms such as LDAP. Best practice nowadays is plain text + SSL, so along with a certificate, there shouldn't be much concern.

Just discovered this.  Looks great and works well.  How id the live TV portion coming?  With that, I can place it in full-time operation.  I'll be happy to test...

Rob

Hello im trying to use screenplay and im wondering how to get started like what Emby server ip address should I type in or FQDN?? Thank you

How do I set it up on my LG tv on with screenplay ? How do I get the emby IP address to type in to screenplay and Thank you for you response