Linux Setup

Luke

elParaguayo

This thread is very up front about requiring work to get it installed. The term dummies is in reference to all the "product X for dummies" books out there, that make it easy to learn. it wasn't meant literally

Luke,

I got the reference, my comment was more of a light-hearted attempt at some humour and was certainly not taken personally. I had thought myself past the "linux for dummies" stage, but it seems I may need to reevaluate my progress!

Thanks for your help in trying to point me in the right direction, I'll just follow the thread and have another go when i think I'm ready.

All the best.

el_P.

• Like 1

hurricanehrndz

Thanks Luke.

I think I may have to wait until this is more stable.

I'm not familiar with Docker, but I'm guessing I've gone wrong somewhere with this too. The build command seemed to run ok, but trying the run command just starts more downloads (surely I don't have to download more stuff after building?).

Also, I've no idea what I should be putting in for the "your_config_location" part of the run command.

As I said, I think I'll wait until this is more stable because at the moment, the process is far too complicated for me.

The build command is really there only if you would like to build from source. With docker you don't have too. You can just run the pull command and then the run command. The build is more for documentation purposes and tell let people know how they can build it themselves.

Mediabrowser downloads ffmpeg on the first run.

Edited by hurricanehernandez

elParaguayo

Ok. Think I'm getting closer now (I'm determined to shake of the "dummy" tag  ;) )

I've now got mono installed and have downloaded the latest zip file.

But I'm getting an error message:

Info, Main, Media Browser Server started
Info, Main, Command line: /home/elparaguayo/Downloads/MB3/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
Info, Main, Server: elparaguayo-linux-laptop
Info, Main, Operating system: Unix 3.11.0.12
appHost.Init
Info, App, Application Configuration:
	{"WeatherUnit":"Fahrenheit","EnableHttpLevelLogging":true,"EnableUPnP":true,"HttpServerPortNumber":8096,"LegacyWebSocketPortNumber":8945,"EnableInternetProviders":true,"SeasonZeroDisplayName":"Specials","MetadataRefreshDays":30,"SaveLocalMeta":false,"RefreshItemImages":false,"PreferredMetadataLanguage":"en","MetadataCountryCode":"US","SortReplaceCharacters":[".","+","%"],"SortRemoveCharacters":[",","&","-","{","}","'"],"SortRemoveWords":["the","a","an"],"ShowLogWindow":false,"MinResumePct":5,"MaxResumePct":90,"MinResumeDurationSeconds":300,"RealtimeMonitorDelay":30,"EnableDashboardResponseCaching":true,"EnableTvDbUpdates":false,"EnableTmdbUpdates":false,"EnableFanArtUpdates":false,"RequireMobileManualLogin":false,"RequireNonMobileManualLogin":false,"ImageSavingConvention":"Compatible","EnablePeoplePrefixSubFolders":true,"MediaEncodingQuality":"Auto","AllowVideoUpscaling":false,"MetadataOptions":[{"ItemType":"Book","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"MusicAlbum","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"MusicArtist","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Season","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":0,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]}],"EnableDebugEncodingLogging":false,"EnableAutomaticRestart":true,"TvFileOrganizationOptions":{"IsEnabled":false,"MinFileSizeMb":50,"LeftOverFileExtensionsToDelete":[],"WatchLocations":[],"SeasonFolderPattern":"Season %s","SeasonZeroFolderName":"Season 0","EpisodeNamePattern":"%sn - %sx%0e - %en.%ext","MultiEpisodeNamePattern":"%sn - %sx%0e-x%0ed - %en.%ext","OverwriteExistingEpisodes":false,"DeleteEmptyFolders":false,"CopyOriginalFile":false},"LiveTvOptions":{},"EnableRealtimeMonitor":true,"PathSubstitutions":[],"UICulture":"en-us","DlnaOptions":{"EnablePlayTo":true,"EnableServer":true,"EnableDebugLogging":false,"BlastAliveMessages":true,"ClientDiscoveryIntervalSeconds":60,"BlastAliveMessageIntervalSeconds":30},"DownMixAudioBoost":2,"NotificationOptions":{"Options":[{"Type":"TaskFailed","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"ServerRestartRequired","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"ApplicationUpdateAvailable","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"ApplicationUpdateInstalled","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"PluginUpdateInstalled","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"PluginUninstalled","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"InstallationFailed","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"PluginInstalled","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"PluginError","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"}]},"SubtitleOptions":{"SkipIfGraphicalSubtitlesPresent":false,"SkipIfAudioTrackMatches":true,"DownloadLanguages":[],"DownloadMovieSubtitles":false,"DownloadEpisodeSubtitles":false},"ManualLoginClients":[],"ChannelOptions":{"MaxDownloadAge":30,"DownloadingChannels":[]},"ChapterOptions":{"EnableMovieChapterImageExtraction":true,"EnableEpisodeChapterImageExtraction":false,"EnableOtherVideoChapterImageExtraction":false,"DownloadMovieChapters":true,"DownloadEpisodeChapters":false,"FetcherOrder":[],"DisabledFetchers":[]},"EnableDebugLevelLogging":false,"EnableAutoUpdate":true,"SystemUpdateLevel":"Release","LogFileRetentionDays":3,"RunAtStartup":false,"IsStartupWizardCompleted":false}
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Api, Version=3.0.5287.21914, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.WebDashboard, Version=3.0.5287.21913, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Model, Version=3.0.5287.21909, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Common, Version=3.0.5287.21910, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.0.5287.21911, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Providers, Version=3.0.5287.21912, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations, Version=3.0.5287.21910, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations, Version=3.0.5287.21913, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Dlna, Version=3.0.5287.21915, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.IsoMounting.Linux, Version=1.0.5131.24779, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Mono, Version=3.0.5287.21916, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Version 3.0.5287.21916 initializing
Info, SqliteUserRepository, Opening /home/elparaguayo/Downloads/MB3/ProgramData-Server/data/users.db
Info, SqliteItemRepository, Opening /home/elparaguayo/Downloads/MB3/ProgramData-Server/data/chapters.db
Info, SqliteItemRepository, Opening /home/elparaguayo/Downloads/MB3/ProgramData-Server/data/mediainfo.db
Info, SqliteFileOrganizationRepository, Opening /home/elparaguayo/Downloads/MB3/ProgramData-Server/data/fileorganization.db
Error, Main, UnhandledException
	One or more errors occured
	System.AggregateException
	  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.RunApplication (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths appPaths, ILogManager logManager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	InnerException: System.TypeInitializationException
	An exception was thrown by the type initializer for MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloadInfo
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1[MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegInfo].Start[<GetFFMpegInfo>c__asyncD] (MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.<GetFFMpegInfo>c__asyncD& stateMachine) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloader.GetFFMpegInfo (IProgress`1 progress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.ApplicationHost+<RegisterMediaEncoder>c__async2.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	  at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.ApplicationHost+<RegisterResources>c__async1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1+<Init>c__async0[MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	An exception was thrown by the type initializer for MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.PlatformDetection
	  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloadInfo.ffmpegOsType (System.String arg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloadInfo..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Mono.Unix.Native.Syscall
	  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.PlatformDetection.GetUnixName () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.PlatformDetection..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	InnerException: System.EntryPointNotFoundException
	Mono_Posix_Syscall_get_at_fdcwd
	  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Mono.Unix.Native.Syscall:get_at_fdcwd ()
	  at Mono.Unix.Native.Syscall..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

UnhandledException
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.RunApplication (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths appPaths, ILogManager logManager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
An exception was thrown by the type initializer for MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloadInfo
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1[MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegInfo].Start[<GetFFMpegInfo>c__asyncD] (MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.<GetFFMpegInfo>c__asyncD& stateMachine) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloader.GetFFMpegInfo (IProgress`1 progress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.ApplicationHost+<RegisterMediaEncoder>c__async2.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.ApplicationHost+<RegisterResources>c__async1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1+<Init>c__async0[MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
An exception was thrown by the type initializer for MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.PlatformDetection
  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloadInfo.ffmpegOsType (System.String arg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloadInfo..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.PlatformDetection.GetUnixName () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.PlatformDetection..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Still seems to be a problem with ffmpeg download (if I'm reading the log correctly)

Edited by elParaguayo

Ok. Think I'm getting closer now (I'm determined to shake of the "dummy" tag  ;) )

I've now got mono installed and have downloaded the latest zip file.

But I'm getting an error message:

Info, Main, Command line: /home/elparaguayo/Downloads/MB3/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
appHost.Init
	{"WeatherUnit":"Fahrenheit","EnableHttpLevelLogging":true,"EnableUPnP":true,"HttpServerPortNumber":8096,"LegacyWebSocketPortNumber":8945,"EnableInternetProviders":true,"SeasonZeroDisplayName":"Specials","MetadataRefreshDays":30,"SaveLocalMeta":false,"RefreshItemImages":false,"PreferredMetadataLanguage":"en","MetadataCountryCode":"US","SortReplaceCharacters":[".","+","%"],"SortRemoveCharacters":[",","&","-","{","}","'"],"SortRemoveWords":["the","a","an"],"ShowLogWindow":false,"MinResumePct":5,"MaxResumePct":90,"MinResumeDurationSeconds":300,"RealtimeMonitorDelay":30,"EnableDashboardResponseCaching":true,"EnableTvDbUpdates":false,"EnableTmdbUpdates":false,"EnableFanArtUpdates":false,"RequireMobileManualLogin":false,"RequireNonMobileManualLogin":false,"ImageSavingConvention":"Compatible","EnablePeoplePrefixSubFolders":true,"MediaEncodingQuality":"Auto","AllowVideoUpscaling":false,"MetadataOptions":[{"ItemType":"Book","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"MusicAlbum","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"MusicArtist","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Season","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":0,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]}],"EnableDebugEncodingLogging":false,"EnableAutomaticRestart":true,"TvFileOrganizationOptions":{"IsEnabled":false,"MinFileSizeMb":50,"LeftOverFileExtensionsToDelete":[],"WatchLocations":[],"SeasonFolderPattern":"Season %s","SeasonZeroFolderName":"Season 0","EpisodeNamePattern":"%sn - %sx%0e - %en.%ext","MultiEpisodeNamePattern":"%sn - %sx%0e-x%0ed - %en.%ext","OverwriteExistingEpisodes":false,"DeleteEmptyFolders":false,"CopyOriginalFile":false},"LiveTvOptions":{},"EnableRealtimeMonitor":true,"PathSubstitutions":[],"UICulture":"en-us","DlnaOptions":{"EnablePlayTo":true,"EnableServer":true,"EnableDebugLogging":false,"BlastAliveMessages":true,"ClientDiscoveryIntervalSeconds":60,"BlastAliveMessageIntervalSeconds":30},"DownMixAudioBoost":2,"NotificationOptions":{"Options":[{"Type":"TaskFailed","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"ServerRestartRequired","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"ApplicationUpdateAvailable","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"ApplicationUpdateInstalled","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"PluginUpdateInstalled","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"PluginUninstalled","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"InstallationFailed","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"PluginInstalled","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"PluginError","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"}]},"SubtitleOptions":{"SkipIfGraphicalSubtitlesPresent":false,"SkipIfAudioTrackMatches":true,"DownloadLanguages":[],"DownloadMovieSubtitles":false,"DownloadEpisodeSubtitles":false},"ManualLoginClients":[],"ChannelOptions":{"MaxDownloadAge":30,"DownloadingChannels":[]},"ChapterOptions":{"EnableMovieChapterImageExtraction":true,"EnableEpisodeChapterImageExtraction":false,"EnableOtherVideoChapterImageExtraction":false,"DownloadMovieChapters":true,"DownloadEpisodeChapters":false,"FetcherOrder":[],"DisabledFetchers":[]},"EnableDebugLevelLogging":false,"EnableAutoUpdate":true,"SystemUpdateLevel":"Release","LogFileRetentionDays":3,"RunAtStartup":false,"IsStartupWizardCompleted":false}
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Api, Version=3.0.5287.21914, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.WebDashboard, Version=3.0.5287.21913, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Model, Version=3.0.5287.21909, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Common, Version=3.0.5287.21910, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.0.5287.21911, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Providers, Version=3.0.5287.21912, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations, Version=3.0.5287.21910, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations, Version=3.0.5287.21913, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Dlna, Version=3.0.5287.21915, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.IsoMounting.Linux, Version=1.0.5131.24779, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Mono, Version=3.0.5287.21916, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, SqliteUserRepository, Opening /home/elparaguayo/Downloads/MB3/ProgramData-Server/data/users.db
Info, SqliteItemRepository, Opening /home/elparaguayo/Downloads/MB3/ProgramData-Server/data/chapters.db
Info, SqliteItemRepository, Opening /home/elparaguayo/Downloads/MB3/ProgramData-Server/data/mediainfo.db
Info, SqliteFileOrganizationRepository, Opening /home/elparaguayo/Downloads/MB3/ProgramData-Server/data/fileorganization.db

UnhandledException

Still seems to be a problem with ffmpeg download (if I'm reading the log correctly)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/351971/using-mono-service-to-wrap-a-windows-service-on-linux

elParaguayo

If I set the environmental variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the folder containing libMonoPosixHelper.so as per that post (in my case I ran export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.:/usr/lib), I still get the same error.

appHost.Init

UnhandledException

I use MediaBrowser Version 3.0.5287.21916 on Linux Debian 7.0 with Mono 3.4 from Pokorra Repos.

Everything work fine, but the Images for Movies/Series/etc on Dashboard are not loading.

When i open Image-URL, i get this Response:

Snapshot of GetItemImage generated by ServiceStack on 23.06.2014 21:15:25

Response Status

Error Code Aggregate

Exception Message One or more errors occured

Stack Trace

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageWriter.WriteTo (System.IO.Stream responseStream) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at ServiceStack.HttpResponseExtensionsInternal.WriteToOutputStream (IResponse response, System.Object result, System.Byte[] bodyPrefix, System.Byte[] bodySuffix) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at ServiceStack.HttpResponseExtensionsInternal.WriteToResponse (IResponse response, System.Object result, ServiceStack.Web.ResponseSerializerDelegate defaultAction, IRequest request, System.Byte[] bodyPrefix, System.Byte[] bodySuffix) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edited by Burikan

I use MediaBrowser Version 3.0.5287.21916 on Linux Debian 7.0 with Mono 3.4 from Pokorra Repos.

Everything work fine, but the Images for Movies/Series/etc on Dashboard are not loading.

When i open Image-URL, i get this Response:

I'd need to see the full log, but usually when this happens libgdi is missing.

• Like 1

A  new build is available via the first post. It matches the windows beta that just went out.

wmauer

Trying to compile mono from git, and during make, I'm getting the following error on Ubuntu 12.04 x64.

System.Security.AccessControl/SemaphoreSecurity.cs(136,35): warning CS0109: The member `System.Security.AccessControl.SemaphoreSecurity.PersistModifications(System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeHandle)' does not hide an inherited member. The new keyword is not required
Mono.Http/NtlmClient.cs(99,54): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `Mono.Security.Protocol.Ntlm.Type3Message.Type3Message(byte[])' has some invalid arguments
/usr/lib/mono/gac/Mono.Security/2.0.0.0__0738eb9f132ed756/Mono.Security.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
Mono.Http/NtlmClient.cs(99,54): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `Mono.Security.Protocol.Ntlm.Type2Message' expression to type `byte[]'
Compilation failed: 2 error(s), 1 warnings

The whole thing dies at that point. This is all done using sudo <command>.  I was hoping someone had some suggestions on this. I have not found much of anything online. Thanks in advance for the help!

elParaguayo

Trying to compile mono from git, and during make, I'm getting the following error on Ubuntu 12.04 x64.

System.Security.AccessControl/SemaphoreSecurity.cs(136,35): warning CS0109: The member `System.Security.AccessControl.SemaphoreSecurity.PersistModifications(System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeHandle)' does not hide an inherited member. The new keyword is not required
Mono.Http/NtlmClient.cs(99,54): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `Mono.Security.Protocol.Ntlm.Type3Message.Type3Message(byte[])' has some invalid arguments
/usr/lib/mono/gac/Mono.Security/2.0.0.0__0738eb9f132ed756/Mono.Security.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
Mono.Http/NtlmClient.cs(99,54): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `Mono.Security.Protocol.Ntlm.Type2Message' expression to type `byte[]'
Compilation failed: 2 error(s), 1 warnings

The whole thing dies at that point. This is all done using sudo <command>.  I was hoping someone had some suggestions on this. I have not found much of anything online. Thanks in advance for the help!

That looks similar to one of the error messages I had.

I had to follow some extra instructions on the "Compiling Mono From Git" page:

# ./autogen.sh must be run prior to this
make get-monolite-latest
make EXTERNAL_MCS="${PWD}/mcs/class/lib/monolite/gmcs.exe"

I then ran 

sudo make install 

after that.

Edited by elParaguayo

elParaguayo

Also tried that, couldn't run the server with it. Does it matter which version of ubuntu you're running? There's a reference early on in this thread about mono having been compiled with a bug so I wonder if that's included in the mono-complete package.

elParaguayo

Still got an error about ffmpeg (will post the log tonight).

I'd like to make sure I'm not providing unhelpful bug reports. Is there any way to know whether my error is being caused by a dodgy mono install rather than by something in the server program?

deaerator

i was just on the docker file repository and notice mediabrowser has an official beta docker release.

you need to change your run command

FROM

docker run -d --net=host -v /*your_config_location*:/MBServer/ProgramData-Server -v /*your_media_location*:/media --name=mbserver hurricane/docker-mbserver

TO

docker run -d --net=host -v /*your_config_location*:/MBServer/ProgramData-Server -v /*your_media_location*:/media --name="mbserver" mediabrowser/mbserver

Edited by deaerator

deaerator

I have a question for hurricane.

Over on the unRAID forums where there is lots of discussion on docker files, and many users have contributed by creating their own docker files out of the common apps that we use, for example is sab/sickbeard and couhcpotato. 

I notice in the official documentation regarding docker tutorial they use an "-h" to represent a host name and notice you like to put "--net=host" to use the host network stack.  

My question is why do we need these commands, and the reason why i ask this if you look at the contributors run command none have neither an "-h" nor "--net=host"  

deaerator
I ran the script

root@UNRAID:~# docker run -d --net=host --name="mbserver" -v /mnt/cache/apps/mbserver:/MBServer/ProgramData-Server -v /mnt/user:/MEDIA -p 8096:8096 mediabrowser/mbserver
Unable to find image 'mediabrowser/mbserver' locally
Pulling repository mediabrowser/mbserver
d7880d83209b: Download complete
511136ea3c5a: Download complete
d7ac5e4f1812: Download complete
2f4b4d6a4a06: Download complete
83ff768040a0: Download complete
6c37f792ddac: Download complete
e54ca5efa2e9: Download complete
a800ef5e8d21: Download complete
98ae52ac5d0f: Download complete
3a2c34f9258d: Download complete
b934f8bcf90c: Download complete
1877e375987d: Download complete
d71ee264de94: Download complete
e07571b74ffe: Download complete
7b2f760b9491: Download complete
48d124900894: Download complete
cd3e000f056e: Download complete
23d135067368: Download complete
cb8f74bf924e: Download complete
6480e34057f9: Download complete
04b713626bf0: Download complete
340f08d89236: Download complete
b67281299f74: Download complete
f2fadb47a022: Download complete
c7a1235ae9da: Download complete
ad13cb4f7d5e: Download complete
5d0d717052bf: Download complete
31e7efa2dd3b: Download complete
0dc6d8951dce: Download complete
aaa130b865c0: Download complete
656235c1a709: Download complete
b29fa92c29c1: Download complete
698ace86db43: Download complete
3f46f4435d86: Download complete
38b6ea21856d: Download complete
d8200b8c0cf9: Download complete
42ed525de2c1: Download complete
18f6a29d2a45fc942b0eeea4059272bc3cd542965d11ac91cd5aed7adfb7b38b
root@UNRAID:~# docker ps
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                          COMMAND             CREATED             STATUS              PORTS               NAMES
18f6a29d2a45        mediabrowser/mbserver:latest   /start.sh           2 minutes ago       Up 2 minutes                            mbserver
root@UNRAID:~# docker images
REPOSITORY              TAG                 IMAGE ID            CREATED             VIRTUAL SIZE
mediabrowser/mbserver   latest              d7880d83209b        2 days ago          1.648 GB

My question is do  you really need a base image that large. 

hurricanehrndz

Is there way to update containers or can someone update the container to the latest beta server

The old docker images was built from git, so it would have been newer than beta. I just initiate a new build on the official MediaBrowser repo from the latest beta.

People can now start pulling from here:

https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/mediabrowser/mbserver/

hurricanehrndz

I have a question for hurricane.

Over on the unRAID forums where there is lots of discussion on docker files, and many users have contributed by creating their own docker files out of the common apps that we use, for example is sab/sickbeard and couhcpotato. 

I notice in the official documentation regarding docker tutorial they use an "-h" to represent a host name and notice you like to put "--net=host" to use the host network stack.  

My question is why do we need these commands, and the reason why i ask this if you look at the contributors run command none have neither an "-h" nor "--net=host"  

The Docker program creates a bridge, and will place containers by default on that bridge. You then need to forward the ports from the container to the host (-p) in order to be able to reach that service using the default ip of your server, by using --net=host you tell docker not to use the bridge and just use the host's network stack. You don't need the "-h" option unless you setup routing and other things. For most user's need "--net=host" is enough.

If using in an unRAID environment add "-u nobody".