Linux Setup

Luke

Beardyname

Just got mediabrowser up and running on a new linux box but it's painfully slow. I'm using it as only a server (ubuntu 14.04). It's a pretty low powered server as the original intent was to have it as a NAS with software raid but the project slowly became to try and get it as a media server. Chose mediabrowser over plex for the metadata features and went through the pain of learning to use linux from scratch. It's been fun though.

In any case, I'm only running with an Athlon 5350 (passmark ~2600) and 8GB of ram which should be sufficient for streaming 1080p from plex. At the moment, connecting to the mediabrowser server from my main PC loads pages incompletely and really slowly. I don't know if there's anything else I can do to improve performance is this is what's to be expected. Will keep tabs to see if it improves.

Edit:

Browsing through other comments, it seems there's a large difference in running MB3 through IE11 vs Chrome. It seems to run quickly enough through IE11 except I can't get a file to play yet...

Well the web thing is more of a portable solution, I would suggest using path substituion along with a standalone player. Then the CPU won't matter since it's gonna play the files themselves directly.

Also try FF if chrome is having problems, Other than that attatch a log so the devs can investigate! :)

thefirstofthe300

@@Luke

I was wondering what the status of getting the MB3 builds onto the website is.  It seems like the builds should be hosted on a server other than Dropbox now that it is becoming increasingly stable. 

well yes certainly. you're right. what's holding them up from being mentioned on the website is the lack of friendly install packages. i'll get to those soon, but if you know of anyone who can help that would be highly appreciate.d

jwill

I think the best way to get packages is just to provide a website with a tarball (i.e., a  .tar.gz file) that can build and install the appropriate files using the linux standard:

./configure ; make ; make install

procedure. Once you have a website with such a tarball, it is quite easy for all the packaging developers for every distribution to create a package.

Most linux developers create the configure script and the Makefile using GNU autoconf tools (autoconf, automake, etc.). I've never used the GNU autoconf tools from the developer side, only from the end user side. So, what you need is someone who knows how to create the appropriate files for the GNU autoconf tools to generate the configure script and Makefiles for MediaBrowser.

Edited by jwill

smitopher

Rather than build from a tarball, the by far perferred method would be to create "packages" (deb files for Ubuntu and Debian distros, and rpm files for Fedora/Red Hat/CentOS distros) and then create package repositories so that the installation and upgrading can be managed with the standard package managers (yum for Fedora/Red Hat/CentOS and apt-get for Ubuntu/Debian)

Media browser is build with .NET tools, not GNU tools so I don't ever see a tarball as a viable distribution method.

smitopher

I've been struggling with the question;

Embed Mono in Media browser or make Mono an external dependency.

My knee-jerk is definitely external dependency

but... it is difficult finding a recent enough mono.

I think MB3 would be VERY WELL SERVED by getting included into the standard repositories of the main Linux distros and making all third party modules external would seem to be a requirement, (ignoring licencing issues for the moment)

but only Ubuntu 14.04 has a recent enough mono, and I'm using Fedora.

Another consideration is I have not run MB3 with the embedded mono as a daemon.  It is quite easy when not using the embedded mono and using the mono-service tool.

WHY is mono so OLD in all the standard distros repositories?

Then there is ffmpeg... it will never be in the standard repositories due to licensing.  I would hate to see MB3 forced into ghettos of the third party repositories.

Edited by smitopher

jwill

Rather than build from a tarball, the by far perferred method would be to create "packages" (deb files for Ubuntu and Debian distros, and rpm files for Fedora/Red Hat/CentOS distros) and then create package repositories so that the installation and upgrading can be managed with the standard package managers (yum for Fedora/Red Hat/CentOS and apt-get for Ubuntu/Debian)

No. Apparently you did not understand what I wrote. For many programs, the packages for each distro are created by package maintainers for each distro. But in order to create the packages, they obviously need something from the upstream developers to use to create the packages. That is where the autoconf tarballs come in. If the upstream developers provide autoconf tarballs, it is quite easy for each distro packager to create a package for the distro.

It is inefficient, and in most cases impractical, for the upstream developers to create packages for each distro. That is why it is best to simply provide a standard autoconf tarball and then the packagers for each distro handle what they know how to do.

Now, it may not be efficient to create an autoconf script and Makefile for MediaBrowser, but that is not really the important point. The point is simply to create a tarball that will work using the standard "./configure ; make ; make install" procedure, or whatever the easiest equivalent is for MediaBrowser. Then each distro packager would use that to create a package for their distro.

Edited by jwill

smitopher

Yes, we misunderstood each other.

I had the impression that you were suggesting a tarball would be an end user distribution method. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwill

So can it be tar ball with binaries or must it be source code?

In most cases that I am familiar with, the packaging maintainers want source code. That is important for distros like gentoo, but I think that Debian and RPM packagers usually want source code, too.

But in the case of a mono package, I am not sure what would work best. Can anyone name a widely distributed mono program that we could examine the various distros to see how it is handled?

smitopher

So can it be tar ball with binaries or must it be source code?

A tarball is an archive file, like a zip file, that can contain anything.

The Linux convention is that a tarball is all of the source and configuration files necessary to compile an application and then install it by running 3 commands

1. ./configure ;
  2. make
  3. make install (usually requires running as root by using sudo)

Step one sets up the environment and checks for external dependencies.

Step two runs the actual compile

Step three installs the compiled program

So Master Luke (the "upstream") would create a tarball.

As jwill noted, a package maintainer for a distro, such as you for Unraid, would compile the tarball and create a package(s) and repository.

I'm not aware how Unraid expects packages and repositories to be setup, and if I used Unraid, I would rely on you, the self appointed MB3 package maintainer to create binary packages and the repository to host them.  The big distros have a governance structure in place so that someone can go from self appointed to officially recognized.

My hope is the the MB3 team finds suitable Linux package maintainer volunteers so that the big Linux distros can host MB3 in their standard repositories.

What I think will happen is the MB3 team will eventually find suitable Linux package maintainer volunteers to maintain Team MB3 repositories for the distros they choose to support.

• Like 1

Thanks for that, I am hoping to get to this soon. But I'm also hoping to find some volunteer(s) to help maintain the release packages.

What has slowed us down is the loss of abeloin a couple months ago, if you remember him. If he were still around this would all be done already. I'll handle it myself if i have to but ideally i'd like to find someone like him.

smitopher

I want to help but my Mono/Linux expertise is limited.  I would be learning on the job about creating packages and repositories.

And it is soooo much fun reading the docs  :unsure:

• Like 1

jwill

This is an interesting page

http://www.mono-project.com/Guidelines:Application_Deployment

It has a section on Auto-tools, autoconf and automake as well as reccomendations on how MB3 can be made more Linux friendly

Interesting link! So it sounds like it may be feasible to create an MB3 tarball that can be used in the standard ./configure ; make ; make install procedure with autoconf and automake. I'm sure having such a tarball is really helpful in getting the package maintainers for each distro to create a package in their standard repository.

PhAzE

Well I know what a tar ball is however Unraid works a little differently. For example, the average Unraid user is not going to install or want too install Dev tools for compiling because the entire os runs in ram so it's designed to be as skimpy as possible.

Luckily it can run binaries from some other distros, so the plugins I've been making for other apps will download a compatible deb or rpm (say Ubuntu for example) and extract only the app binaries. Then my plugin handles the control files and dependencies on its own. This has the advantage of letting users update the apps when a new set of binaries are released.

So if mb3 servers can host both a Tarbell of source and one of binaries (not mono embedded) then that makes this distro dead simple to update.

Either way, can't wait to get this rolling ;)

• Like 1

buzzer87

I try to get this running on a odroid-u2! (ubuntu 14.04 / mono 3.2.8) but it can't find the sqlite3 lib?

Info, Main, Media Browser Server started
Info, Main, Command line: /opt/mediabrowser/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
Info, Main, Server: linaro-server
Info, Main, Operating system: Unix 3.8.13.18
appHost.Init
Info, App, Application Configuration:
        {"WeatherUnit":"Fahrenheit","EnableHttpLevelLogging":true,"EnableUPnP":true,"HttpServerPortNumber":8096,"LegacyWebSocketPortNumber":8945,"EnableInternetProviders":true,"SeasonZeroDisplayName":"Specials","MetadataRefreshDays":30,"SaveLocalMeta":false,"RefreshItemImages":false,"PreferredMetadataLanguage":"en","MetadataCountryCode":"US","SortReplaceCharacters":[".","+","%"],"SortRemoveCharacters":[",","&","-","{","}","'"],"SortRemoveWords":["the","a","an"],"ShowLogWindow":false,"MinResumePct":5,"MaxResumePct":90,"MinResumeDurationSeconds":300,"RealtimeMonitorDelay":30,"EnableDashboardResponseCaching":true,"EnableTvDbUpdates":false,"EnableTmdbUpdates":false,"EnableFanArtUpdates":false,"RequireManualLoginForMobileApps":false,"RequireManualLoginForOtherApps":false,"ImageSavingConvention":"Compatible","EnablePeoplePrefixSubFolders":true,"MediaEncodingQuality":"Auto","AllowVideoUpscaling":false,"EnableMovieChapterImageExtraction":true,"EnableEpisodeChapterImageExtraction":false,"EnableOtherVideoChapterImageExtraction":false,"MetadataOptions":[{"ItemType":"Book","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"MusicAlbum","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"MusicArtist","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Season","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":0,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]}],"EnableDebugEncodingLogging":false,"EnableAutomaticRestart":true,"TvFileOrganizationOptions":{"IsEnabled":false,"MinFileSizeMb":50,"LeftOverFileExtensionsToDelete":[],"WatchLocations":[],"SeasonFolderPattern":"Season %s","SeasonZeroFolderName":"Season 0","EpisodeNamePattern":"%sn - %sx%0e - %en.%ext","MultiEpisodeNamePattern":"%sn - %sx%0e-x%0ed - %en.%ext","OverwriteExistingEpisodes":false,"DeleteEmptyFolders":false,"CopyOriginalFile":false},"LiveTvOptions":{},"EnableRealtimeMonitor":true,"PathSubstitutions":[],"UICulture":"en-us","DlnaOptions":{"EnablePlayTo":true,"EnableServer":true,"EnableDebugLogging":false,"BlastAliveMessages":true,"ClientDiscoveryIntervalSeconds":60,"BlastAliveMessageIntervalSeconds":30},"DownMixAudioBoost":2,"NotificationOptions":{"Options":[{"Type":"TaskFailed","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"ServerRestartRequired","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"ApplicationUpdateAvailable","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"ApplicationUpdateInstalled","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"PluginUpdateInstalled","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"PluginUninstalled","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"InstallationFailed","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"PluginInstalled","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"PluginError","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"}]},"SubtitleOptions":{"SkipIfGraphicalSubtitlesPresent":false,"SkipIfAudioTrackMatches":true,"DownloadLanguages":[],"DownloadMovieSubtitles":false,"DownloadEpisodeSubtitles":false},"EnableDebugLevelLogging":false,"EnableAutoUpdate":true,"SystemUpdateLevel":"Release","LogFileRetentionDays":3,"RunAtStartup":false,"IsStartupWizardCompleted":false}
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Api, Version=3.0.5244.2181, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.WebDashboard, Version=3.0.5244.2180, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Model, Version=3.0.5244.2176, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Common, Version=3.0.5244.2176, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.0.5244.2177, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Providers, Version=3.0.5244.2178, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations, Version=3.0.5244.2177, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations, Version=3.0.5244.2179, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Dlna, Version=3.0.5244.2181, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.IsoMounting.Linux, Version=1.0.5131.24779, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Mono, Version=3.0.5244.2182, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Version 3.0.5244.2182 initializing
Info, SqliteUserRepository, Opening /opt/mediabrowser/ProgramData-Server/data/users.db
Mono: DllImport attempting to load: 'kernel32'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library '/opt/mediabrowser/libkernel32': '/opt/mediabrowser/libkernel32: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library '/opt/mediabrowser/libkernel32.so': '/opt/mediabrowser/libkernel32.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library 'libkernel32': 'libkernel32: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library 'libkernel32.so': 'libkernel32.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library 'kernel32': 'kernel32: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library '/opt/mediabrowser/libkernel32': '/opt/mediabrowser/libkernel32: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library '/opt/mediabrowser/libkernel32.so': '/opt/mediabrowser/libkernel32.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library 'libkernel32': 'libkernel32: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library 'libkernel32.so': 'libkernel32.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport unable to load library 'libkernel32: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport attempting to load: './sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library '/opt/mediabrowser/lib./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6': '/opt/mediabrowser/lib./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library '/opt/mediabrowser/lib./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6.so': '/opt/mediabrowser/lib./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library 'lib./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6': 'lib./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library 'lib./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6.so': 'lib./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library './sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6': './sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library '/opt/mediabrowser/lib./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6': '/opt/mediabrowser/lib./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library '/opt/mediabrowser/lib./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6.so': '/opt/mediabrowser/lib./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library 'lib./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6': 'lib./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library 'lib./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6.so': 'lib./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport unable to load library 'lib./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport attempting to load: './sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library './sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6': './sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport unable to load library 'lib./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Error, Main, UnhandledException
        One or more errors occured
        System.AggregateException
          at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.RunApplication (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths appPaths, ILogManager logManager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
        InnerException: System.DllNotFoundException
        ./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6
          at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Data.SQLite.UnsafeNativeMethods:sqlite3_config_none (System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConfigOpsEnum)
          at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.StaticIsInitialized () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteLog.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection..ctor (System.String connectionString, Boolean parseViaFramework) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection..ctor (System.String connectionString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection:.ctor (string)
          at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteExtensions+<ConnectToDb>c__async85.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
        --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
          at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[System.Data.IDbConnection].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteUserRepository+<Initialize>c__asyncB3.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.ApplicationHost+<GetUserRepository>c__async3.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[MediaBrowser.Controller.Persistence.IUserRepository].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.ApplicationHost+<RegisterResources>c__async1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1+<Init>c__async0[MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnhandledException
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.RunApplication (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths appPaths, ILogManager logManager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
InnerException: System.DllNotFoundException
./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Data.SQLite.UnsafeNativeMethods:sqlite3_config_none (System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConfigOpsEnum)
  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.StaticIsInitialized () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteLog.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection..ctor (System.String connectionString, Boolean parseViaFramework) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection..ctor (System.String connectionString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection:.ctor (string)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteExtensions+<ConnectToDb>c__async85.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[System.Data.IDbConnection].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteUserRepository+<Initialize>c__asyncB3.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.ApplicationHost+<GetUserRepository>c__async3.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[MediaBrowser.Controller.Persistence.IUserRepository].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.ApplicationHost+<RegisterResources>c__async1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1+<Init>c__async0[MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

edit:

I fixed the sqlite3 error but now i get another exception. Something about the ffmpeg download.

appHost.Init
        {"WeatherUnit":"Fahrenheit","EnableHttpLevelLogging":true,"EnableUPnP":true,"HttpServerPortNumber":8096,"LegacyWebSocketPortNumber":8945,"EnableInternetProviders":true,"SeasonZeroDisplayName":"Specials","MetadataRefreshDays":30,"SaveLocalMeta":false,"RefreshItemImages":false,"PreferredMetadataLanguage":"en","MetadataCountryCode":"US","SortReplaceCharacters":[".","+","%"],"SortRemoveCharacters":[",","&","-","{","}","'"],"SortRemoveWords":["the","a","an"],"ShowLogWindow":false,"MinResumePct":5,"MaxResumePct":90,"MinResumeDurationSeconds":300,"RealtimeMonitorDelay":30,"EnableDashboardResponseCaching":true,"EnableTvDbUpdates":false,"EnableTmdbUpdates":false,"EnableFanArtUpdates":false,"RequireManualLoginForMobileApps":false,"RequireManualLoginForOtherApps":false,"ImageSavingConvention":"Compatible","EnablePeoplePrefixSubFolders":true,"MediaEncodingQuality":"Auto","AllowVideoUpscaling":false,"EnableMovieChapterImageExtraction":true,"EnableEpisodeChapterImageExtraction":false,"EnableOtherVideoChapterImageExtraction":false,"MetadataOptions":[{"ItemType":"Book","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"MusicAlbum","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"MusicArtist","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Season","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":0,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]}],"EnableDebugEncodingLogging":false,"EnableAutomaticRestart":true,"TvFileOrganizationOptions":{"IsEnabled":false,"MinFileSizeMb":50,"LeftOverFileExtensionsToDelete":[],"WatchLocations":[],"SeasonFolderPattern":"Season %s","SeasonZeroFolderName":"Season 0","EpisodeNamePattern":"%sn - %sx%0e - %en.%ext","MultiEpisodeNamePattern":"%sn - %sx%0e-x%0ed - %en.%ext","OverwriteExistingEpisodes":false,"DeleteEmptyFolders":false,"CopyOriginalFile":false},"LiveTvOptions":{},"EnableRealtimeMonitor":true,"PathSubstitutions":[],"UICulture":"en-us","DlnaOptions":{"EnablePlayTo":true,"EnableServer":true,"EnableDebugLogging":false,"BlastAliveMessages":true,"ClientDiscoveryIntervalSeconds":60,"BlastAliveMessageIntervalSeconds":30},"DownMixAudioBoost":2,"NotificationOptions":{"Options":[{"Type":"TaskFailed","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"ServerRestartRequired","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"ApplicationUpdateAvailable","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"ApplicationUpdateInstalled","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"PluginUpdateInstalled","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"PluginUninstalled","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"InstallationFailed","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"PluginInstalled","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"},{"Type":"PluginError","DisabledMonitorUsers":[],"SendToUsers":[],"Enabled":true,"DisabledServices":[],"SendToUserMode":"Admins"}]},"SubtitleOptions":{"SkipIfGraphicalSubtitlesPresent":false,"SkipIfAudioTrackMatches":true,"DownloadLanguages":[],"DownloadMovieSubtitles":false,"DownloadEpisodeSubtitles":false},"EnableDebugLevelLogging":false,"EnableAutoUpdate":true,"SystemUpdateLevel":"Release","LogFileRetentionDays":3,"RunAtStartup":false,"IsStartupWizardCompleted":false}
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Api, Version=3.0.5244.2181, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.WebDashboard, Version=3.0.5244.2180, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Model, Version=3.0.5244.2176, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Common, Version=3.0.5244.2176, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.0.5244.2177, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Providers, Version=3.0.5244.2178, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations, Version=3.0.5244.2177, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations, Version=3.0.5244.2179, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Dlna, Version=3.0.5244.2181, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.IsoMounting.Linux, Version=1.0.5131.24779, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Mono, Version=3.0.5244.2182, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, SqliteUserRepository, Opening /opt/mediabrowser/ProgramData-Server/data/users.db
Info, SqliteItemRepository, Opening /opt/mediabrowser/ProgramData-Server/data/chapters.db
Info, SqliteItemRepository, Opening /opt/mediabrowser/ProgramData-Server/data/mediainfo.db
Info, SqliteFileOrganizationRepository, Opening /opt/mediabrowser/ProgramData-Server/data/fileorganization.db
        InnerException: System.ApplicationException
        Unable to download required components. Please try again later.
          at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloader+<DownloadFFMpeg>c__asyncF.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloader+<GetFFMpegInfo>c__asyncD.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegInfo].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
          at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.ApplicationHost+<RegisterMediaEncoder>c__async2.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnhandledException
  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloader+<DownloadFFMpeg>c__asyncF.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloader+<GetFFMpegInfo>c__asyncD.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegInfo].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.ApplicationHost+<RegisterMediaEncoder>c__async2.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edited by buzzer87

ejcortes

Well, I'm going to give this a try.

I want to install MediaBrowser 3 Server on my NAS (ReadyNAS 104), which has Plex as an add-on app. The Linux distro is Debian Wheezy.

I'm a seasoned Dot-Net developer, but my Linux skills are... "weak".

It would be great if an "app" could be made (.bin) that showed on the UI.

Anyways, keep the work. I have some reading to do before, I don't want to brick my NAS.

BTW, you guys are great, keep your hard work.

Well, I'm going to give this a try.

I want to install MediaBrowser 3 Server on my NAS (ReadyNAS 104), which has Plex as an add-on app. The Linux distro is Debian Wheezy.

I'm a seasoned Dot-Net developer, but my Linux skills are... "weak".

It would be great if an "app" could be made (.bin) that showed on the UI.

Anyways, keep the work. I have some reading to do before, I don't want to brick my NAS.

BTW, you guys are great, keep your hard work.

Welcome, glad to have you here. We're always looking for extra sets of developer hands, so there's plenty of .net development available if you're interested in jumping in anywhere.

buzzer87

Nobody?

I can't figure out what cause this exception.

I really want this thing to work :-) dammit

appHost.Init
Info, SqliteItemRepository, Opening /opt/mediabrowser/ProgramData-Server/data/chapters.db
Info, SqliteItemRepository, Opening /opt/mediabrowser/ProgramData-Server/data/mediainfo.db
Info, SqliteFileOrganizationRepository, Opening /opt/mediabrowser/ProgramData-Server/data/fileorganization.db
          at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1+<Init>c__async0[MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths].MoveNext () [0x0020f] in D:\Development\MediaBrowser\MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations\BaseApplicationHost.cs:238

UnhandledException
  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1+<Init>c__async0[MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths].MoveNext () [0x0020f] in D:\Development\MediaBrowser\MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations\BaseApplicationHost.cs:238

Edited by buzzer87

rthomas

hello to you all I am a first time memberand a linux newbie I browsed through the full 26 pages for the linux server forum and I wonder if these steps in post one still need to be done or is the install proces made more friendly for linux? I am a bit confused because there are a lot of posts about new builds with or without embedded mono and the many diferent steps involved. Can One clarify what steps has te be done for install on debian x86_64 GNU/Linux.

I have put some steps on a row for the shell prompt. Can anyone make suggestions and advise

1) sudo apt-get install libgdi+version_64 (which version for debian?)

2) sudo tar -j MediaBrowser.Mono.mkbundlex.X86_64.3.0.5138.32388.tar.gz 

3) sudo mkdir mediabowser

4) sudo mv files (in directory MediaBrowser.Mono.mkbundlex.X86_64.3.0.5138.32388 to directory mediabrowser)

5) type MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.x86_64.exe to execute and startup the server

Will the install proces take care for dependencies like mono, ffmpeg, symlinks and environnement variables?

I unpacked the file on windows (just to see whats in it) it creates a few directories like dashboard-ui, lib64,mono_config.x86_64, sqlite3 and swagger-ui and a file called MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.x86_64 It has no visible extension in windows? Is this a native deb or bin package to install? are can i execute it just with step 5

With kind regards

Rienk Kuipers

Netherlands

Beardyname

Not sure but looks like it can not download ffmpeg ? Not sure if it would crash because of that though :)

from the log:

1. Unable to download required components. Please try again later.
  2. at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloader+<DownloadFFMpeg>c__asyncF.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0