Linux Setup

Luke

I'm noticing on the 64 bit version of Unraid, MB3 is still trying to find libgdiplus.so in the /usr/lib folder, but on 64bit OS its located under /usr/lib64. I think its a similar issue that sqlite3 was having, which I negated in my script by setting up a symlink to the proper location.  

Is there a way to force it to look in the lib64 folder instead?  Using an LD_LIBRARY_PATH adding in that folder doesn't seem to help. Otherwise I'll have to setup another symlink for this.  

well, we're not trying to locate libgdi, mono is. it has been solved here somewhere such that sym links aren't necessary. 

i put up a new build with all the features in development. i'd like to get some testing on it ahead of the beta. thanks.

it's fine those errors are normal when the video player disconnects during the seek. we log it anyway because every once in a while, it's not normal.

thefirstofthe300

I have been having some trouble with downloading subtitles from OpenSubtitles.com using the server's downloader.  Here are the logs of the errors.  I am not quite sure what this problem is.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzU7zWzP6q-Tcm43aHZSX2VzajQ/edit?usp=sharing

P.S.  Liking the fact that collections have been moved underneath movies.  And how all the logs are available via the web client. 

Edited by DaBungalow

Debug Mode

Apparently the release date in the tagging editor is shifted by -1, so with every edit it'll go backwards.

Aside from that it also ignores changes made to chapter names and positions.

Edited by Debug Mode

Apparently the release date in the tagging editor is shifted by -1, so with every edit it'll go backwards.

Aside from that it also ignores changes made to chapter names and positions.

what do you mean chapters? There's no way to edit chapters in the web interface. Or do you mean that you editing them in your video file and now those changes are not reflected?

Debug Mode

what do you mean chapters? There's no way to edit chapters in the web interface. Or do you mean that you editing them in your video file and now those changes are not reflected?

I meant the movie.xml

Oh right, yea. They are currently not being read yet from the file. I suppose we should stop writing them since that's the case. The plan was to use chapterDb for internet sourced-data and then have fully fledged editing. But chapter db's data has turned out to be worthless so that whole project is on hold for now.

Debug Mode

Oh right, yea. They are currently not being read yet from the file. I suppose we should stop writing them since that's the case. The plan was to use chapterDb for internet sourced-data and then have fully fledged editing. But chapter db's data has turned out to be worthless so that whole project is on hold for now.

So there's no way to name them manually?

the only way is remuxing your files and changing the embedded chapter names, assuming they're mkv. I suppose we'll get to it at some point, but if it's 100% manual without internet data, then the demand for it will plummet. And if the demand plummets so too does it's priority.

My 503 build has crashed over the past 2 days without use, nothing in the log first log indicated it was just idle, second log it was deleting cache files after streaming. Updated to 507 now to see if it has same issue. No crashlog was created. 

Debug Mode

correct. that's determined by the content.

And I thought that I had a way to differenciate my recordings and computer magazine movies from the rest. Is it possible to mark them in a way so they can be filtered and the coverart plugin can apply an overlay?

VideoType is very basic and is used for playback. it only has simple values such as VideoFile, Dvd, etc.  So it's not what you want here.

The edit page has a field for cover art overrides, under Display Settings find Treat Image As. You will have to find out from Ebr what the possible values are though.

highlanderhcs

Docker release of MediaBrowser Server.

What is Docker:

Docker is a project that automates and simplifies the deployments of services such as MediaBrowser Server. This is achieved by creating Docker images (similar to VDI) that contain the service and/or application itself and all its dependencies. This alleviates the end user from the headaches of ensuring that his/her operating system is configured correctly to run the application/service. 

Requirement:

The only requirement to run the Docker image of MediaBrowser Server is the installation of Docker itself. You can find the installation instructions for Docker for your specific OS distribution here:

https://docs.docker....n/#installation

Running MediaBrowser Server:

https://registry.hub...owser/mbserver/

Let's breakdown the command above.

run             commands Docker to create a container (a running instance of the Docker image) from the specified image "mediabrowser/mbserver".

If the image doesn't exist on the system Docker will look for it and download it from the Docker index (a repository of Docker images).

-d               instructs Docker to run in daemon mode.

--net=host  tells Docker to share the host's network stack with the container being initiated.

-v               connects local file system paths with paths within the image.  Adjust the command accordingly to your wishes.

--name       gives this container a specific name, so that you might start and stop the container using it's bestowed name.

Sorry, Newbie questions. I've tried both, tho only got the Mono version to work.

It says config files and media locations for the Docker to run. Just about to start over with the install becuase everytime I try to use the command line as stated in the instructions for Docker, it throws a bunch of Runtime Exceptions. I did get it to finally post something else that said daemon:conflict with name is already assigned to 87xxxxxxxx. So I may redo the install for Docker.

Server is Ubuntu 12.04

Would anyone have a sample of what the docker command would look like instead of the *your server info here* message?

Also, I'd like to beta test the Alpha version as I saw it was being tested for the XBMC NFO files. Tho I have the setting set to Alpha updating, I dont think the Mono version is updating for some odd reason.

I'd like to try this server out as Plex Media Server seems to be lagging majorly behind with the one option that I"m looking for which is basic parental controls.

Thanks. I think we need to improve that part of the docker instructions before getting it up onto the website. The build you have should have the NFO features. In any event, there will be a new one in the next day or so when the beta gets promoted to stable.

Beardyname

What does a circle with warning sign on an item mean?

That the item in question is not identified (Mediabrowser can not figure out what movie/tv show this is)

Going into the editor there should be an "Identify" button where you can help to identify this certain object