Linux Setup

Luke

Debug Mode

That the item in question is not identified (Mediabrowser can not figure out what movie/tv show this is)

Going into the editor there should be an "Identify" button where you can help to identify this certain object

Thanks, that reminds me of a bug I wanted to report. The server will try to get information about content even with scraping turned off.

I just managed to log 2 different crash. System was idle, on first if anything I did mouse over MBT to stop screensaver.

Version 3.0.5307.1546

This is the error message

UnhandledException
The socket is not connected
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.get_RemoteEndPoint () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Alchemy.Classes.Context..ctor (Alchemy.WebSocketServer server, System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient connection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Alchemy.WebSocketServer.OnRunClient (System.Object data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

The second was completely idle (maybe running some startup process)

UnhandledException
The task has already completed
System.InvalidOperationException
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder.SetException (System.Exception exception) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.StreamWriter+<LowLevelWriteAsync>c__async4.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper unbox) System.IO.StreamWriter/<LowLevelWriteAsync>c__async4:MoveNext ()
  at System.Threading.Tasks.AwaiterActionContinuation.Execute () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ProcessCompleteDelegates () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.HandleGenericException (System.AggregateException e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.TrySetException (System.AggregateException aggregate, Boolean cancellation, Boolean observed) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder.SetException (System.Exception exception) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.StreamWriter+<DecodeAsync>c__async2.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper unbox) System.IO.StreamWriter/<DecodeAsync>c__async2:MoveNext ()
  at System.Threading.Tasks.AwaiterActionContinuation.Execute () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ProcessCompleteDelegates () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.HandleGenericException (System.AggregateException e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.TrySetException (System.AggregateException aggregate, Boolean cancellation, Boolean observed) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.StreamWriter+<FlushBytesAsync>c__async1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper unbox) System.IO.StreamWriter/<FlushBytesAsync>c__async1:MoveNext ()
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSource`1[System.Object].TrySetException (IEnumerable`1 exceptions) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSource`1[System.Object].SetException (IEnumerable`1 exceptions) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSource`1[System.Object].SetException (System.Exception exception) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1[System.Object].InnerInvoke (System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSource`1 tcs, System.Func`2 endMethod, IAsyncResult l) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1+<FromAsyncBeginEnd>c__AnonStorey5`3[System.Object,System.Byte[],System.Int32,System.Int32].<>m__0 (IAsyncResult l) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Beardyname

Thanks, that reminds me of a bug I wanted to report. The server will try to get information about content even with scraping turned off.

Not sure if that is a bug though, if the only thing MB does is identify the item to keep better watch on played status etc and does not download any metadata I would say if works as it should :)

The second was completely idle (maybe running some startup process)

UnhandledException
The task has already completed
System.InvalidOperationException
  at System.IO.StreamWriter+<LowLevelWriteAsync>c__async4.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper unbox) System.IO.StreamWriter/<LowLevelWriteAsync>c__async4:MoveNext ()
  at System.IO.StreamWriter+<DecodeAsync>c__async2.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper unbox) System.IO.StreamWriter/<DecodeAsync>c__async2:MoveNext ()
  at System.IO.StreamWriter+<FlushBytesAsync>c__async1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper unbox) System.IO.StreamWriter/<FlushBytesAsync>c__async1:MoveNext ()
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSource`1[System.Object].TrySetException (IEnumerable`1 exceptions) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSource`1[System.Object].SetException (IEnumerable`1 exceptions) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSource`1[System.Object].SetException (System.Exception exception) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1[System.Object].InnerInvoke (System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSource`1 tcs, System.Func`2 endMethod, IAsyncResult l) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1+<FromAsyncBeginEnd>c__AnonStorey5`3[System.Object,System.Byte[],System.Int32,System.Int32].<>m__0 (IAsyncResult l) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

please always post the entire log file.

lolwut

Hi guys,

I am sorry that I did not had time to go over all 36 pages, So I am throwing this here:)

I have a Clean Debian 7 installed on a ARM Machine (Previously a QNAP NAS Device)

Is it possible to get Mediabrowser?

Things I tried and questions in my head?

There is no backport kernel option for ARM (as far as I know) to get Docker working on this machine, (Some made Docker work for Rasperry Pi .. but I don't know).

As far as Mono option:

I dont know minimum Mono version that MediaBrowser supports? and is it possible to get it in a Debian 7 ARM, ... build from scratch, install, pokorro repo?

Anyone have any experience in dependencies for these? Can you shed some light on this for me?

Cheers

Debug Mode

3.6.1 over here. It probably shouldn't be older than 3.5 though.

You might also want libgdiplus for images.

Edited by Debug Mode

The stable windows build is up, and the mono build has just been updated to match. Additionally, a docker build has just been triggered.

highlanderhcs

The stable windows build is up, and the mono build has just been updated to match. Additionally, a docker build has just been triggered.

Hello Luis,

I tried going thru the install Media Browser again with Docker for Ubuntu 12.04. I've tried different variations and it still does not look like its running. Below is the last try that I've done and it all gives the option menu for Docker

docker run -d --net=host -v /home/highlander/MediaBrowser:/MBServer/ProgramData-Server -v /mnt/movies:/media

If anyone is able to give me some insight on how to get docker to run correctly. It'd be great.

Thanks

Going thru the full quote from the first post, this is what I get

highlander@mediaserver:~$ sudo docker run -d --net=host -v /home/highlander/MediaBrowser:/MBServer/ProgramData-Server -v /mnt/movies:/media -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro --name=mbserver mediabrowser/mbserver

2014/07/15 19:48:34 Error response from daemon: Conflict, The name mbserver is already assigned to 870e09b4b4ac. You have to delete (or rename) that container to be able to assign mbserver to a container again.

Changing the container name to something new for the conflict, this is what I get

highlander@mediaserver:~$ sudo docker run -d --net=host -v /home/highlander/MediaBrowser:/MBServer/ProgramData-Server -v /mnt/movies:/media -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro --name=mbserv mediabrowser/mbserver

de970e8e388dcccefee183837722436639e9ccce8b83f1062805303eff6bb887

2014/07/15 19:51:01 Error response from daemon: Cannot start container de970e8e388dcccefee183837722436639e9ccce8b83f1062805303eff6bb887: unable to remount sys readonly: unable to mount sys as readonly max retries reached

Edited by highlanderhcs

Debug Mode

What's the correct procedure for updating the server if it's running in docker?

I don't use Docker, but seeing that the configurations and media are stored outside, I'd guess you just replace it with the newer version

heffe2001

Trying to set this up on my Unraid system (running 6b6, using Docker, same results using a Fedora 20 VM as well), and I'm getting a hang in the library scan.  I've just added my movies directory, nothing else so far.  I was also getting this same issue with the windows version occasionally, it'd get hung on a library scan, requiring a restart of the machine to get it going again.  This is a brand new install, no previous data used or anything like that.

Current logfile located at: http://pastebin.com/99eBLBRD

Not sure what the streaming media error is, as I hadn't attempted to log into MB until the very end of that log, and certainly didn't try to stream anything.

As I said, this is a fresh install from docker, so it's not got debugging turned on or anything unless it's the default. I'll see if I can remember how to do that and get another log if needed.

It's currently gotten a bit farther (I'm guessing the rescan when I restarted MB after turning on debugging logging skipped whatever was causing it to hang before on startup?).  Like I said, I've had this same issue with the Windows version, and a full Fedora 20 install on a VM and the linux version of MB.  The logging on the non-debug version just seems to stop, like it's not actually doing a scan anymore, so not sure what's going on with that.  The debug log version is already up to 800m in size (at 54.4% library scan, was hanging at 48.8 before).  If it hangs during scan again, I'll zip up the logs and attach them here as well.

Hung at 63.8% now, no movement for at least 30-40 minutes or so..  Log files attached (all of them, including a crash log from earlier as well).

logs.zip

Edited by heffe2001

I did the docker install on my VPS (a 2 GB box from digitalocean) and I can confirm it works :)

I'm surprised you guys pulled it off, my own experiences with porting some hobby projects from .net to mono failed miserably...

Edited by ldw

I did the docker install on my VPS (a 2 GB box from digitalocean) and I can confirm it works :)

I'm surprised you guys pulled it off, my own experiences with porting some hobby projects from .net to mono failed miserably...

Glad to hear it. So you have mono experience?

Well, just trying to get the latest mono version to build and to get my .net applications to run were too frustrating so i gave up on it to be honest...

But i'm very happy to see it is possible.

Well, just trying to get the latest mono version to build and to get my .net applications to run were too frustrating so i gave up on it to be honest...

But i'm very happy to see it is possible.

Thanks. The important thing is dependency management, and a stubborn commitment to pursue solutions that work universally. If it's handled in early stages of development then you have a good chance of success.

I am working on an easy install script for ubuntu. Is there anyone who can help test? Thanks.

• Like 1

elcabong

I am working on an easy install script for ubuntu. Is there anyone who can help test? Thanks.

i can help test that, shoot it my way.

Any chance the linux build will be updated to match the windows version soon ? Really excited to try that new channel plugin.

edit. Blame autocorrect :S

Edited by KRA

thefirstofthe300

Any chance the linux build will be updated to match the windows version soon ? Really exited to try that new channel plugin.

Ditto. [emoji1]

Dhostetter1023

I'm a little confused and not a teckie so please dont beat me up if this is answered.

I have a Netgear ReadyNAS Pro (x86). Is there a way to install MB server easily on my ReadyNAS?

I'm already using the Samsung app on my TV which is great and would like to move the MB server from a little PC I have on my network to my NAS.

Please let me know.

thefirstofthe300

I'm a little confused and not a teckie so please dont beat me up if this is answered.

I have a Netgear ReadyNAS Pro (x86). Is there a way to install MB server easily on my ReadyNAS?

I'm already using the Samsung app on my TV which is great and would like to move the MB server from a little PC I have on my network to my NAS.

Please let me know.

As far as I know, there aren't package solutions for any NAS as of yet.  I have seen chatter about an UnRAID package/plugin but nothing for any other NAS.  It seems to be something that is up in the air at the moment.

@@Luke  Did I see that Windows got a new build??? :);)

Edited by DaBungalow