Linux Setup

Luke

thefirstofthe300

Quick question about logs.

I am randomly getting crashes in the server on my 32-bit machine where Mono says it is dumping the core.  What log would that be filed under?  All of the logs prefaced "crash_" are time stamped from last night when I was figuring out the 64-bit library in the 32-bit machine thing.

And the most current server log appears to be perfectly fine (even though the last time the server went down, it was due to a crash).

smitopher

I want to see if running with mono-service can work with the latest Git.

I just tried to build from Git using the Linux Build script.  The build failed. 

Is the current Git master not able to complete a Mono build?

There does not seem to be any tags or branches for the server and the Linux build script clones master.

thefirstofthe300

Question about packaging issues:

Is there a Github repo where issues with the Linux Server build should be filed?  For example, just to get the SQLite 3 dll problem on the radar for fixing, where should I file the issue ticket?

New build is up to match the windows release. See first post. Enjoy :)

Phase - I will make the command line fix this week to restore service compatibility.

PhAzE

@, thanks, I think I can point my plugin to this package to use as the Linux download for Unraid :) so... Once Luke finished getting mono service up again the plugin should be ready. At least to test with

PhAzE

@, thanks, I think I can point my plugin to this package to use as the Linux download for Unraid :) so... Once Luke finished getting mono service up again the plugin should be ready. At least to test with

smitopher

New build is up to match the windows release. See first post. Enjoy :)

Phase - I will make the command line fix this week to restore service compatibility.

So howzit coming?  :ph34r:

thefirstofthe300

@@Luke

I am getting this weird message in the notifications box saying that a new build is up even though I am pretty sure I am using the latest build. I am currently away from my server or I would try to build from scratch.

Build number is 3.0.5232.2. Is that the latest Linux build?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

New build up to match the windows release. Please try the service again as well.

Also the param has changed slightly.

Now use

-programdata "path"

smitopher

Also the param has changed slightly.

Now use

-programdata "path"

yippee ki yea... it runs with mono-service

and the -programdata "path" seems to be working too

Edited by smitopher
  • Like 1

thefirstofthe300

I am currently on vacation so sadly, I won't be able to update my package immediately. I won't be back for 10 days.

Question. Can MB3 make a new directory in the file structure of the library?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

smitopher

Report Card

I'm running a Fedora 19 headless server set up as an Amahi Home Server https://www.amahi.org/

I have Mono 3.4 installed from the Pokorra repository  http://software.opensuse.org/download/package?project=home:tpokorra:mono&package=mono-opt

This installs Mono to a non-standard location and requires that you run a script before executing a Mono application 

. /opt/mono/env.sh

So that this script is always run, I have modified my .bash_profile which now looks like this.

# .bash_profile

# Get the aliases and functions
if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
        . ~/.bashrc
fi

# User specific environment and startup programs
. /opt/mono/env.sh

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/.local/bin:$HOME/bin

export PATH

I have MB3 build Version 3.0.5234.17867

It is installed to /opt/mediabrowser-server

It is expected to use -programdata /var/opt/mediabrowser-server

The first time I ran MB3, I ran it directly from a console command prompt

mono  MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/opt/mediabrowser-server

and ran the initial wizard. 

I then shut down MB3 and restart it from a console using mono-service

mono-service -d:/opt/mediabrowser-server -l:/tmp/mediabrowser-service.lock -m:mediabrowser-service -n:mediabrowser-service MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/opt/mediabrowser-server

It runs as a daemon and XBMC with XBMB3C plugin works, I'm able to browse the library and play movies

When running the MB3 console from a browser (chrome), the UI often reports errors and does not completely display the desired information.

I have attached a log

It is exciting to see the progress.

server-63534775853.zip

Edited by smitopher

PhAzE

Excellent. Now we need to get the deb and rpm packages figured out so it can be built quickly for any new release and have them hosted in a proper location as a beta to start.

Unraid users won't get a working plugin until it has a location to download from that isn't going to change. That also make it easier for other Linux users to access and install it.

The chrome draw issue is really weird though. It really seems like the methods used to retrieve ui elements is not compatible. Is it using API calls to build the ui on screen?

i wonder if there are features that chrome for linux just doesn't support (yet). i'll look into it soon. just haven't had a chance yet.

smitopher

i wonder if there are features that chrome for linux just doesn't support (yet). i'll look into it soon. just haven't had a chance yet.

Actually, I'm running the MB3 dashboard remotely on Windoze Chrome.  MB3 is running headless on my Linux server.  Nothing jumped up and hit me on the head in the log I posted.

jwill

Chrome (running on Windows) has had problems with the linux MB3 for quite a while. It has been reported several times before. For some reason, Firefox seems to work fine.