UWP Testers

7illusions

FrostByte

v196 Home Screen Settings - "Automatically group content" boxes are not working

On the XB1 you can not place a check in boxes. 

On Windows PC they can be checked, but don't seem to change anything on the HS after saving

1. Navigate to Home Screen Settings

2. Place check marks under "Automatically group content"

3. Click "Save"

4. Navigate to HS

Hi 7

One small UI thing, not a showstopper

(xbox theme)

1) If you use the Return Button (I think same as Back Arrow key) from the Full Screen View, You go to the album detail view. (all good)

2) The play button has the highlight box around it (all good)

3) If you stay there, the screen saver kicks in, but the highlight box stays and remains visible while the screen saver is running. ( not so good).

A tap on a directional button, kills the highlight but as it should and takes you out of screen saver. Like I said little thing not a showstopper.

-vicpa

FrostByte

v196 Home Screen Settings - "Automatically group content" boxes are not working

On the XB1 you can not place a check in boxes. 

On Windows PC they can be checked, but don't seem to change anything on the HS after saving

1. Navigate to Home Screen Settings

2. Place check marks under "Automatically group content"

3. Click "Save"

4. Navigate to HS

All but 2 of the boxes on the XB1 are gone now (Movie and TV are left), however they still aren't selectable on XB1 and don't do anything that I can tell on wife's SP4

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Is the new Now Playing only for Windows clients?  I noticed the XB1 is still using the old, but my wife's SP4 has the new one.

7illusions

It's not possible Without a new build I'm afraid. It's a side effect from the Debug configuration . I will make a new build that removes it

FrostByte

It's not possible Without a new build I'm afraid. It's a side effect from the Debug configuration . I will make a new build that removes it

Okay, well I may be able to live with it for a bit if you need it there to test.  They did finally stop after awhile of being closed

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

I was wrong, just saw another one pop up and it' been closed at least 6 hours.  I can just live with it for now

I was wrong, just saw another one pop up and it' been closed at least 6 hours.  I can just live with it for now

You can keep the app open :P JK they are a little annoying ,

7 they at least all look good here. Looks like they are memory usage checks and all the messages I got were well below the targets :) 

-vicpa

Hi All,

Yikes!! for an alpha release this is great. Everything seems to be working, no crashs on the beta theme and the memory checks have all been low. :)  Let us know when you are ready for comments.

• Like 1

7illusions

Hi All,

Yikes!! for an alpha release this is great. Everything seems to be working, no crashs on the beta theme and the memory checks have all been low. :) Let us know when you are ready for comments.

I'd say now. :)

• Like 1

Hi,

OK,

The genre view looks great !! :) It would be my preference. The buttons still need to be hooked up.

Another opinion/preference to consider, is the mouse over button and ellipse might look better to the left of the track time or slightly off center to the right (Play button aligned under the ellipse at the top)

I like the "Resume at"

I really like the way this is shaping up. :) 

Thanks 7 !!!!!!

-vicpa

FrostByte

BUG:  Now Playing stops highlighting the currently playing song after minimizing.

Steps:

1. Open playlist/album

2. Click Play button

3. Click the Song title/Artist in lower left corner to bring up Now Playing

4. Minimize app to tray

5. Maximize app.

6. App no longer jumps/highlights the  currently playing song in the queue.  The song which was playing when app was minimized remains highlight when next song starts

Hi,

Go to Album or Artist from the flyout doesn't show Album Art or Artist thumb

Here is the artist example.

Standard Artist view5884fd3eaa6a6_Screenshot92.png

Go to Artist from the flyout

5884fd6816454_Screenshot93.png

Edited by Vicpa

Hi 7

Missing art in a few more places, Artists is fixed.

Playlists.

588608d76c2a4_Screenshot96.png

Album art from view album flyout on queue view (same as) artist.

58860a65c5973_Screenshot97.png

Random Crashes seem a little more frequent, changing themes will trigger a series of them and it almost seems like the first time you go to some views it will crash, reopen the app and then you are good to go,  Will look for some consistent pattern but haven't found one yet. The logs don't seem to capture a error they just end. Let me know if you need them.