UWP Testers

7illusions

FrostByte

BUG: Latest Music doesn't show latest albums added to music library (always one day behind)

VERSION: .68

Pic shows the latest albums added today on right using webclient.  Pic on left is UWP, but doesn't show anything added from today.  This has been happening for awhile now, but added some new albums to test it again before writing this up

578d172902043_LatestMusic.jpg

FrostByte

REQ: Is it possible to hide the track number on playlists with movies?  It always shows "00" as the track number.  Or maybe auto number them starting with 01?  Not sure because there really isn't a track number to pull from anywhere that I know of

578d1a4a00f27_Playlist2.jpg

• Like 1

Vicpa

Hi,

@@FrostByte something must be different. The latest albums seem to be working for me.

578d27741c2a1_albumsLatest.png

Maybe something with dates or hide watched/listened to content. definitely a question for 7

-Vicpa

Vicpa

Hi,

Bug

Video Watched status, played duration not being update.

Steps.

Start video, or resume video(which is working now). Click pause with mouse. Exit playback screen with back arrow. Status is not updated.

BTW Thanks for changes to Now playing. Frostbyte has a good point about video playlists. I don't know of any way to number them unless you assign a sequential number.

Vicpa

FrostByte

A "Stop" button that closes the NP window for music at the bottom would be great, but I found I can close it by going to photos and maximizing a photo.  Other than closing the app that's the only way I could find to get rid of it.  Actually, it might still be quicker to just close the app and restart

Vicpa

Hi 7

Frostbyte has been doing a great job. Keeping the Latest versions up to date. What do you think about changing the desigination from alpha to beta?

Emby UWP (Universal Windows Platform)
Alpha: v4.0.68.0 (requires Windows Insider Build .14388 or higher to be able to run)

FrostByte

Agree with Vicpa.  You've come a long way with the app and it's probably not alpha anymore.  Though .67 did crash on me this morning :)

7illusions

Agree, next build can definitely be named Beta.

There's one crash report left that I haven't figures out what causes it, but working on that as well.

Vicpa

Hi,

Bug

Video Watched status, played duration not being update.

Steps.

Start video, or resume video(which is working now). Click pause with mouse. Exit playback screen with back arrow. Status is not updated.

Vicpa

This is still an issue in .69. Some more info.

1 )Picked a movie watched the first 10 minutes. Clicked pause, then the back arrow. exited app. Checked in web and existing app. No resume option. (10 minutes of watched time not updated to server.

2) To verify. Watched 10 minutes of same video in existing app. clicked with mouse to pause or stop. Exited screen with back arrow. App reported immediately a resume state for the video. Web reported status as well.

From a user standpoint. it seems that the back arrow is not doing its thing (good tech description :P.)​ 

-vicpa 

FrostByte

Hi,

@@FrostByte something must be different. The latest albums seem to be working for me.

Maybe something with dates or hide watched/listened to content. definitely a question for 7

-Vicpa

I think I figured it out.  I noticed the two I added today are listed as added 13 days ago even though they were added today. 

Here is UWP showing added 13 days ago

578eb691227e0_Latest2.jpg

Here is the Latest in webclient showing today's albums listed first

578eb87300b99_Latest3.jpg

Here is the metadata for one of the new albums.  When I looked at the Library settings it said "use file creation date".  So that must be what UWP is using.  However, the web client is NOT using that setting.

578eb8c57b268_Latest4.jpg

Anyhow, I've changed my setting to "use date scanned into library" to see if that helps.  

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

This may be a bug in either UWP or web client, or something that needs to be looked into.  Notice the underlined comment.  The webclient ignores the setting if metadata is present.  Which probably explains why the two are different.  My old setting was "use file creation date"  which the web client seems it is ignoring.  There was no old metadata since these were new albums so it is always the current date when the new nfo is created?  Seems like the web client will always be current date then

Edit: anyhow, I'm using date scanned now so I shouldn't be seeing the problem any more - hopefully. 

578ebd20b21e7_Latest5.jpg

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

.70 seems to be running very well.  I did have one crash again today.  It seems like whenever it does crash it's while playing music and minimized on my second monitor

No new bugs found though.... yet   I'll have to try harder tomorrow :)

7illusions

Awesome! Are all the features in place for a initial release?

If so, I'm going to start focusing on Xbox and MCE navigation.

Edited by 7illusions
  • Like 2

FrostByte

Awesome! Are all the features in place for a initial release?

If so, I'm going to start focusing on Xbox and MCE navigation.

The only feature I think should be in there before the initial release is a stop button to make the Now Playing bar go away.  That way we can do something else without seeing two progress bars. 

Excited to see this on my Xbox :)

Vicpa

The only feature I think should be in there before the initial release is a stop button to make the Now Playing bar go away.  That way we can do something else without seeing two progress bars. 

Excited to see this on my Xbox :)

Hi,

I would echo Frostbyte comments. 70 is working really well. the UI looks good and the navigation is fast and responsive. From a feature standpoint agree with above.

1)  stop button

2) mce remote support

Two new ones

3) the hockey app seems to provide valuable info for you. I know the app will be distributed through the store when it goes live. Will it still be hooked up to the hockey app? or does it have to be the Application insight stuff? non user feature I know, but I think long term it makes the app better :).

4) Feature request not a show stopper Direct Play of live tv.

Open Bugs as of .70 (previously reported)

1) The capture of play state. Major

2) Play to ( visibility of device selections ) major.

4) Offline Menu Play buttons minor

-Thanks 7, really starting to come together nicely :)​.

-Vicpa

7illusions

Yes, HockeyApp will still be in use once released, so all crashes will be reported. :)

I can't reproduce the PlayState issue, if I pause and back out the details screen is updated with progress indicator and clicking play will show  Restart/Resume flyout.. will keep on trying though.

The plan for PlayTo is to do it the same way as the webclient does with a DeviceSelector in the header, but hide the option for larger screens and XBOX

Vicpa

Yes, HockeyApp will still be in use once released, so all crashes will be reported. :)

I can't reproduce the PlayState issue, if I pause and back out the details screen is updated with progress indicator and clicking play will show  Restart/Resume flyout.. will keep on trying though.

The plan for PlayTo is to do it the same way as the webclient does with a DeviceSelector in the header, but hide the option for larger screens and XBOX

Cool about the HockeyApp :)

I knew you were looking at the playstate stuff. Will try to test more and document with some screen shots. @@FrostByte are you having similar issues?

-vicpa

FrostByte

Just tried playing an episode of Gotham and PlayState was saved once I watched enough of an episode.  If I don't watch enough then PlayState isn't saved. 

Steps I used

Click play from details page of episode

Pause

Arrow back (thumb nail shows green progress bar and Play has Resume option

SikSlayer

I can't wait for August 2nd for the release of Anniversary Edition so I can try out these newer builds. Sounds like so much has been improved.

• Like 1

7illusions

Question: What's your setting for backdrop images in the server?

5791b9bd7be7d_backdropsettings.png

Reason I wonder is since the app will look so much better with multiple backdrops, but I can't remember if the default setting is 1.. If so, I think I will have to add a little Tutorial for users to increase it.

@@Luke, 1 backdrop per item, is that the default?

Yea it's 1. We have to do whatever we can to make importing media as fast as possible, unfortunately.

FrostByte

I changed mine to 3 which is what the default used to be for a long time.  For music I like to scan at minimum the front, back and CD so that I have some variety for music also.  Looks really nice to see the changing art in the app. 

Oh, I also changed mine to 1920 width so they look really nice on my big screen.  

FrostByte

Not sure if this an app thing, a server thing, or a Html5/MS Edge/WMA thing.  However, the server has always reported that my music is being transcoded using this app when it really isn't being transcoded.  All files are direct playing, no transcoding being done at all.  My music is all wma, does it do the same for mp3?

5791f3f8c0542_Transcoding.jpg