Throgsoft Themes for WMC

throgmorton

throgmorton

how to get the logos you see on the screenshot of 18 July ?

and how to change if we want?

Studio images are part of the images by name functionality. Not sure if it's called that in Emby anymore but that's what it was called under MB2.

You should be able to place them in a directory on your server to have them show up. I don't remember the exact the directory off the top of my head. But can let you know when I get home unless anyone else chimes in in the meantime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

throgmorton

Okay

And how I can have the same images?

there is a pack to download?

I believe there are packs out there. Personally I just spent some time actually googling the various studios and downloading the images as I preferred simple white logos as opposed to colour.

Studio images are all managed by the server now.  No need to go putting things in folders anymore.  Also, Emby provides a lot of them out of the box.

Just go to your Movies library with the web app and press the "Studios" tab at the top.  Now, on each studio you can use the "..." menu to edit images and add one for the ones that don't have them.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
shredfiend

Running Ascendancy, love the theme but there's no way to access content for movies in the "Specials" folder. Will you be adding a way to access extras content for movies?

throgmorton

Is this feature available in Emby for WMC core?  If there is a way I can access that information from core then I don't see why I couldn't add it.  This is the first time I have even heard of a Specials directory off of movies.  Is this a new feature?

shredfiend

It was made available in MB3. It shows up as a link in other themes I've used. Shows up as "Special Features" in the web client.

throgmorton

It was made available in MB3. It shows up as a link in other themes I've used. Shows up as "Special Features" in the web client.

Does any other theme running under WMC have it? If so can you put up a screen shot so I can see.  I don't have any specials in my collection so I just want to see what it would look like and how other themes handle it.

throgmorton

Ok so I'll have to setup some sort of test on my end but I don't think it should be much work to do something like that for my themes.  I assume all I have to do is create a subdirectory called "Specials" in one of my movie folders and just drop some video files in.  Is there anything else that is required?

shredfiend

Create the "Specials" folder. Drop in video files. Scan library to pick up new content. Look for the "Specials" link on the movie detail screen.

• 2 months later...
aspdend

Create the "Specials" folder. Drop in video files. Scan library to pick up new content. Look for the "Specials" link on the movie detail screen.

Am I missing something? I thought this was called the 'extras' folder under movies and 'specials' under series?

@@throgmorton this would be good to implement as I create the extras folder for all my dvd and bluray rips

aspdend

@@throgmorton I also have noticed that I am not getting 2160 labels on my 4k content - just 1080p labels - do your themes have dedicated logos for these or should it be somewhere else I am looking for the 4k logos?

For example - see @@shredfiend's post #211 above - in my case the 1080p at the top and the bottom are present, even when the content is 4k

Edited by aspdend

throgmorton

@@throgmorton I also have noticed that I am not getting 2160 labels on my 4k content - just 1080p labels - do your themes have dedicated logos for these or should it be somewhere else I am looking for the 4k logos?

For example - see @@shredfiend's post #211 above - in my case the 1080p at the top and the bottom are present, even when the content is 4k

At the time I wrote the code 1080p was the highest resolution people were using, so the code looks off the HDType of the item and if its 720 it puts the 720 logo, if its 1080 it puts the 1080 logo.

I'm not sure if this has been updated in core code as from your post it seems you are get 1080 logos from your 4k content.  If this is the case the core code would need to be updated to support this so I can stick a condition statement to check for 2160.

• Like 1

aspdend

At the time I wrote the code 1080p was the highest resolution people were using, so the code looks off the HDType of the item and if its 720 it puts the 720 logo, if its 1080 it puts the 1080 logo.

I'm not sure if this has been updated in core code as from your post it seems you are get 1080 logos from your 4k content.  If this is the case the core code would need to be updated to support this so I can stick a condition statement to check for 2160.

This is what I was presuming. I only use your themes so not sure if it happens just in yours or in the others - will change to chocolate and have a look...

• Like 1

throgmorton

Am I missing something? I thought this was called the 'extras' folder under movies and 'specials' under series?

@@throgmorton this would be good to implement as I create the extras folder for all my dvd and bluray rips

I did have a brief look at this over the holidays and I will implement it. It will be something similar to the Chapters tab I added last time. Except this time it will be specials.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
One2Go

Throgmorton, I have been a longtime supporter of your most excellent themes and I am on the verge of making the jump from MB 2.6 to EMBY.

However several loyal users have really wanted to see you modify your themes for EMBY Theater. Well Microsoft just made this a bit more urgent. With any new Silicon Hardware Microsoft will only allow Windows 10 as OS and will lock out OSs like Windows 7 or 8.1 from their update utilities.

This is the article discussing it http://www.kitguru.net/components/cpu/matthew-wilson/microsoft-locks-ryzen-and-kaby-lake-users-out-of-updates-on-windows-7-and-8-1/

Please see if you can't fit into your most busy schedule an adaption of your themes to EMBY theater, since the Skylake hardware platform is the last one that will allow a Windows 7 with WMC install and updates until 2020.

Your themes are so excellent that it is a major sticking point with me of what to run in my home theater.

Teddy

Microsoft is trying to impose a bad OS as it is Windows 10 and putting a lot of spyware, reducing costs like not being able to play a DVD or remove Windows Media Center.

They think it's the same experience using a desktop OS as a cellular. Maybe with his bad business policy I will migrate in a future Linux.

They are getting me to hate Microsoft.

Windows 10? Not even free!!

Edited by Teddy

Teddy

I know Luke, I could not avoid my anger with Microsoft that tries to impose Windows 10 at any cost. I'm very happy with Windows 7 and with Emby making the best HTPC that can exist today.

I still do not understand these locks from Microsoft to O.S prior to W10.

One2Go

While I am also enraged of this "forced" update it does make sense to them to just have one OS that they have to sign the drivers and other components for. If it would be just a matter of updating the Win 7 OS in the future, I could handle that as there are plenty of OS updates being done off-line they nevertheless can shut the door completely and that worries me. This step of theirs is an admission that Win 10 is not as successful as they hoped for. Almost 50% of PCs are still running Win 7 and the users are happy because it does the job for which they bought it for. I believe the statistics bear out the fact that Win 7 still enjoys an increase while Win 10 does not, even after they offered Win 10 "for free" for a year.

For me it is just a matter of having WMC running for the Throgsoft themes. In addition I do have SiliconDust's HDHomeRun Extend tuner and enjoy live TV which again WMC is excellent if you care about recording. In any occasion we hope Throgmorton will come through with his themes for EMBY theater.

Edited by One2Go
  • Like 1

throgmorton

Throgmorton, I have been a longtime supporter of your most excellent themes and I am on the verge of making the jump from MB 2.6 to EMBY.

However several loyal users have really wanted to see you modify your themes for EMBY Theater. Well Microsoft just made this a bit more urgent. With any new Silicon Hardware Microsoft will only allow Windows 10 as OS and will lock out OSs like Windows 7 or 8.1 from their update utilities.

The main hold back for me jumping into Emby Theater is just time to sit down and learn and write the code.  Even now there is a few tweaks I want to do to my themes for WMC plugin and I haven't even had the time to do those.

I haven't done much research on what Microsoft is doing but I haven't had any issues running Emby under Win 10 or Win 7 although I don't have any tuners to watch live TV which maybe an issue under Win 10.  I also don't upgrade my hardware that often so my HTPC right now will be perfectly capable for years to come unless a component I guess breaks.

I don't have a timeline right now for Emby Theatre, for now I will of course support the Emby WMC if something breaks it will be fixed in short order as it is something I use almost daily so jumping from 2.6 to Emby shouldn't be much of a problem for you.  

• Like 3