Throgsoft Themes for WMC

throgmorton

aspdend

The main hold back for me jumping into Emby Theater is just time to sit down and learn and write the code.  Even now there is a few tweaks I want to do to my themes for WMC plugin and I haven't even had the time to do those.

I haven't done much research on what Microsoft is doing but I haven't had any issues running Emby under Win 10 or Win 7 although I don't have any tuners to watch live TV which maybe an issue under Win 10.  I also don't upgrade my hardware that often so my HTPC right now will be perfectly capable for years to come unless a component I guess breaks.

I don't have a timeline right now for Emby Theatre, for now I will of course support the Emby WMC if something breaks it will be fixed in short order as it is something I use almost daily so jumping from 2.6 to Emby shouldn't be much of a problem for you.  

Glad to hear that Emby for WMC is still being supported on your excellent themes! can I re-raise the issues of 2160p quality only being shown as 1080p and that the extras folder under a movie doesn't show up on your themes...Keep up the great work!

One2Go

The main hold back for me jumping into Emby Theater is just time to sit down and learn and write the code.  Even now there is a few tweaks I want to do to my themes for WMC plugin and I haven't even had the time to do those.

I haven't done much research on what Microsoft is doing but I haven't had any issues running Emby under Win 10 or Win 7 although I don't have any tuners to watch live TV which maybe an issue under Win 10.  I also don't upgrade my hardware that often so my HTPC right now will be perfectly capable for years to come unless a component I guess breaks.

I don't have a timeline right now for Emby Theatre, for now I will of course support the Emby WMC if something breaks it will be fixed in short order as it is something I use almost daily so jumping from 2.6 to Emby shouldn't be much of a problem for you.  

Thanks for the reassurance for your themes and WMC. Just ordered a Skylake NUC with Windows 7 just so that I can run your themes in WMC and have an EMBY server feeding them. Thanks again for all your efforts. How do I go about the financial part of ordering all your themes again for EMBY. I did have the full complement for MB 2,6. and love Destiny that rules them all, I presume that is still the case for EMBY.

throgmorton

Thanks for the reassurance for your themes and WMC. Just ordered a Skylake NUC with Windows 7 just so that I can run your themes in WMC and have an EMBY server feeding them. Thanks again for all your efforts. How do I go about the financial part of ordering all your themes again for EMBY. I did have the full complement for MB 2,6. and love Destiny that rules them all, I presume that is still the case for EMBY.

The new license can be purchased through the emby server (should be link there).  In the description of each of the themes there should also be a link to allow you to purchase all at 50% discount.  This license will be good for Emby so it will count towards the WMC implementation and if/when I get them running in Emby Theater.

• Like 1

One2Go

Thanks for the help. I-5 Skylake NUC just arrived with 16GB of DDR4 RAM and 500GB Sansung EVO M2 drive with Windows 7 installed, looks like I will have an interesting week and weekend ahead, spending more dosh :D

• Like 1

schmitty

Hi Throg,

A couple of things I'd like to see in any theme is MediaInfo icons and parental ratings icons.

I really hope you can port them over to Emby Theatre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by schmitty
  • Like 1

throgmorton

Hi Throg,

A couple of things I'd like to see in any theme is MediaInfo icons and parental ratings icons.

All my themes already support MediaInfo icons and parental rating icons

• Like 1

aspdend

Hi Throg,

I really hope you can port them over to Emby Theatre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, getting these into a theatre skin as you have for WMC skins will be very beneficial

• 2 weeks later...
One2Go

Throg, thanks for the registering of the themes and I installed them and they are working, Destiny the one that binds them all. Now for me to get familiar with how to tweak and customize them.

First off though a very big thanks for including a legacy viewing of the folders, rather then the movie view, it saved me from rearranging my folder structure to get an alphabetic sort order regardless of the folder having one movie in it or being the top folder of a collection. Thanks again.

Please can you help me with the following problems.

1. Where do I adjust the speed of scrolling text for an overview detail, I did that with the old themes but can't remember how I did it.

2. I have excellent media info icons that are much more pleasant then just the black and white ones, any idea where to place them or where the locations are. Most of them were located in the ImagesByName folders.

3. Finally please look at the two screen shots comparing MB 2.6 versus EMBY regarding where to enter background and Logo / Folder images for none libraries, like Forecast.

MB 2.6 Forecast with custom background.

LO6JdFnI.jpg

EMBY forecast with no background.

yLQ95JQ4.jpg

MB 2.6 Animation Library on the EHS screen with custom folder image.

cEjlgDwT.jpg

EMBY Animation library with squashed folder image.

ODcOi7bX.jpg

Do you also know what the pixel ratio is that gives me the maximum width for logo images to be used on the EHS.

Thanks again for your excellent themes and help.

Edited by One2Go

throgmorton

Please can you help me with the following problems.

1. Where do I adjust the speed of scrolling text for an overview detail, I did that with the old themes but can't remember how I did it.

I believe you can edit the MediaBrowserXml.config file located in your Users\%Name%\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Classic\ directory.

2. I have excellent media info icons that are much more pleasant then just the black and white ones, any idea where to place them or where the locations are. Most of them were located in the ImagesByName folders.

I believe you can place them in the following directory: Users\%Name%\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\mediainfo\all\

3. Finally please look at the two screen shots comparing MB 2.6 versus EMBY regarding where to enter background and Logo / Folder images for none libraries, like Forecast.

Again you should be able to create the necessary folder names in Users\%Name%\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\general\ and place the associated folder images and backdrops there.

I'm not sure if you will have to do a rescan or not to get the Emby server to recognize this or not but you should be able to force a rescan through the scheduled tasks on the server.

Do you also know what the pixel ratio is that gives me the maximum width for logo images to be used on the EHS.

Not off the top of my head, I didn't think I even showed those anymore.

One2Go

Thanks for getting me on the right track.

1. Scrolling speed is set to my liking.

2. Basically the ImagesByName directory has sort of merged and migrated to the metadata directory. So create the folders mediainfo\all\ in the metadata directory copy the icons and it was done.

I did the same with the Studio icons and merged what I had with the old setup. 

3. I did also create a General folder and placed the folder and background images in its respected folders and it worked.

Working now on the over all appearance of the EHS screen and would really like to get the text centered and the poster image to the left of it as in the 3rd picture. Any chance this is an easy task? Primary image has the uploaded poster image.

All the playback of the content works excellent, MPC_HC and PDVD are the players.

Thanks again and please stick with me for a bit as I finalize my tweaking

One2Go

Slowly but steady I am getting your themes and Emby for WMC to the point where I am really liking it.

For the moment I am working on getting Logos, writing or details into the box that has details, like the listing of the latest added movies in the movie library. I can set the logo and primary picture and background for my created libraries, however I can't find a way to do the same for the virtual folders like Movies by Genre or Forecast.

Any help to point me again into the right direction?

The creation of a folder FORECAST under the metadata directory does not help with the logo or other details but it does dieplay a custom background image.

Thanks again

O2G

• 3 weeks later...
One2Go

Hi Throg,

Have almost finished my setup and themes look excellent. I posted a thread in the server sub forum could you take a look at it and see if anything can be done from the theme side? I only use Maelstrom for the EHS.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/47163-display-images-on-the-ehs-for-virtual-folders/

As far as your themes are concerned they work excellently just one small problem, the pictures for the directors are not being displayed. When I go to the directors name it just automatically shows the poster or folder picture. Since I use only Supremacy for the detail display any chance you could correct that?

Finally in the dashboard or web app there is a section where upcoming episodes are being displayed, is there a chance to bring that as an entry on to the EHS?

Thanks

O2G

throgmorton

As far as your themes are concerned they work excellently just one small problem, the pictures for the directors are not being displayed. When I go to the directors name it just automatically shows the poster or folder picture. Since I use only Supremacy for the detail display any chance you could correct that?

Finally in the dashboard or web app there is a section where upcoming episodes are being displayed, is there a chance to bring that as an entry on to the EHS?

Thanks

O2G

Did my themes show the director image before? looking at the code I don't think it did, as it would require some sort of workaround to get it functional.

I've never used the dashboard/web app so I can't speak to that.

I don't plan on doing too many updates to these themes in this environment I just want to maintain them so they are functional.  My main hope is that I get enough time to migrate them over to MB Theatre but my day job is not allowing for that at the moment.

One2Go

Thanks for your reply to my message. You were correct there are no pictures for Directors in the old MB 2.6 so no mugshot for Spielberg :D

Why I generally agree with you and no need for up to date feature implementations is required, many of us would like a pleasing and functional Home Theater navigation and detail display on our HTPCs. Your themes are perfect for this and until the Emby Theater has those themes there is in my opinion nothing that can rival it in the HT arena. None of the other devices will play back the Blu-rays of TV shows with menu support. You get light versions that are not helpful while I use PDVD 16 for perfect playback and navigation. So this is my aim a Home Theater navigation of my media with informative feedback. By the way nice implementation of ending time.

While it is true that your themes are functional and any minor irritant that they may have, I can live with that. But I wonder if you could take a quick look and see if any of the three following points could be implemented.

1. Forecast on the EHS (I only use Maelstrom for EHS) displays the backdrop image but no matter what I tried I can't replace the writing Forecast with a logo or image. If that needs changing by you @@throgmorton or @@Luke or @@ebr I don't know. However it should not be that difficult since all the manual created libraries allow it.

2. Movies By Genre. Similar as Forecast except I can't get on the EHS to display a backdrop or logo or image no matter what I change or do in the metadata folder. Again it may just be something trivial to modify.

3. Finally your implementation of the Upcoming TV episodes works to this day flawless in MB 2.6 and the web app of Emby has something similar. My request was is it possible to just place the code that works in MB 2.6 into Maelstrom or use the data feed from the Emby web-app to feed the Upcoming TV entry. In the old version I can tell you use the banners from the TV shows. Emby web app uses thumbs.

Thanks again for your efforts and I just spent a grand on an Intel NUC with Windows 7 to have the MB legacy experience in the Emby environment. Your themes will finish that. Should you ever adapt them to Emby Theater I will try them.

Thanks

O2G

MB 2.6 EHS Upcoming TV                                                                  MB 2.6 Detail of Upcoming TV

zNWpQgwf.jpg     R1xXocKo.jpg

Emby Web app Home screen                                                             Embt Web app detail

pVIpO0zs.jpg    P2cVAmx3.jpg

• 1 year later...

quiero personalizar mi emby wmc con temas, me podrían pasar los temas por favor  :rolleyes:

Hola bienvenido. ¿Has explorado el catálogo de complementos para temas de Emby para WMC?

• Like 1

RIVALSCHOOL

si, gracias por responder, pero he estado buscando los temas como Iridium, xeon, Centrality, Harmony, Imperium, Regency yo tenia todos los temas pero mi a mi pc se le daño el sistema operativo y no pude recuperarlos 

gracias a este foro pude encontrar el Prometheus pero quisiera tener mas gracias por tu atención en mi comentario

• 2 months later...
throgmorton

So I've managed to get Studio icons working again under my themes since they have been removed from core, and I've been missing them terribly...  Plugin updates will be slowly rolling out for the various themes, so version 4.0.0.8 and above should have them installed.

Its not as clean as it was when they were apart of the core code so I had to use what was available which was the IBN folder.  So you just need to place the studio folders in C:\Users\XXXXXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\general or whatever your path is for metadata on your server install.  That should be the only difference.

I haven't tested with Emby version 4.0+ as I'm still on Emby 3.6. So for those who have migrated up just let me know if it works on Emby 4.0.  Hopefully it should unless the IBN has been nuked...

StevenDTX

So I've managed to get Studio icons working again under my themes since they have been removed from core, and I've been missing them terribly...  Plugin updates will be slowly rolling out for the various themes, so version 4.0.0.8 and above should have them installed.

Its not as clean as it was when they were apart of the core code so I had to use what was available which was the IBN folder.  So you just need to place the studio folders in C:\Users\XXXXXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\general or whatever your path is for metadata on your server install.  That should be the only difference.

I haven't tested with Emby version 4.0+ as I'm still on Emby 3.6. So for those who have migrated up just let me know if it works on Emby 4.0.  Hopefully it should unless the IBN has been nuked...

Vanilla doesnt work at all in Emby for WMC with server v4.

throgmorton

Vanilla doesnt work at all in Emby for WMC with server v4.

What do you mean doesn't work at all? like the theme won't even load?

If you don't have the newest WMC version (317 Beta) its possible your download didn't work from the server so the plugin never download properly and didn't load.

Check your C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Plugins directory and ensure that you have a vanilla.dll file which should be about 3,403KB

If you do then I would need to see a log file from WMC to ensure its loading and it may give me a clue as to what exactly you mean.

StevenDTX

What do you mean doesn't work at all? like the theme won't even load?

If you don't have the newest WMC version (317 Beta) its possible your download didn't work from the server so the plugin never download properly and didn't load.

Check your C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Plugins directory and ensure that you have a vanilla.dll file which should be about 3,403KB

If you do then I would need to see a log file from WMC to ensure its loading and it may give me a clue as to what exactly you mean.

I updated to Emby Server 4 yesterday, and this morning when I launched Emby, It had reverted to Chocolate.  I tried switching and Vanilla was no longer in the list.  I tried installing it and that I see it is a zero byte file.

Directory of \\ht10\c$\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Plugins

01/27/2019  10:55 AM    <DIR>          .
01/27/2019  10:55 AM    <DIR>          ..
01/27/2019  10:55 AM                 0 Centrality.dll
03/20/2017  06:32 PM    <DIR>          Chocolate
05/31/2016  01:40 PM         1,884,672 Chocolate.dll
01/26/2019  07:05 PM    <DIR>          Configurations
03/20/2017  06:32 PM    <DIR>          TSoft
01/27/2019  10:54 AM                 0 Vanilla.dll

StevenDTX

My backups have a Vanilla.dll dated 7/23/2016 and is about 3.35MB in size.  That file get overwritten as soon as I launch Emby.

throgmorton

I just tried it on a second HTPC and I see the same zero byte file.

Yes which probably means you don't have the latest WMC version install which is 317Beta as @@ebr fixed the problem of downloading the plugins from the website in that version. 

StevenDTX

Yes which probably means you don't have the latest WMC version install which is 317Beta as @@ebr fixed the problem of downloading the plugins from the website in that version. 

That worked. Thanks.