Throgsoft Themes for WMC

throgmorton

throgmorton

I uploaded a new Forecast version I think it should remove the RAL being populated by trailers. It's still blank but maybe in a version down the line I will have it populate with the upcoming weather.

• Like 1

Xzener

Throgmorton, glad to see you active again. Nice to see progress on themes. Would be great to have your themes in Emby Theater.

throgmorton

Sorry - didn't mean to type last week's weather, meant this week's upcoming weather!

Got a little proof of concept going... Still needs a little flushing out but I think its doable...

575c98c004343_forecast.png

throgmorton

I have updated a new version of Destiny theme (4.0.0.4) which supports the above mentioned tweak to the forecast, let me know if there are any problems.

I have updated a new version of Destiny theme (4.0.0.4) which supports the above mentioned tweak to the forecast, let me know if there are any problems.

Works GREAT Throg!

throgmorton

In other news just finished my flight testing abroad so just got home and have begun setting up Emby on my home server, so hopefully I'll be able to look into implementing things like chapter support now that I have access to my collection.

• Like 2

throgmorton

Curious as I was setting up the Emby Server and Library I noticed that Photo's are a selectable collection type and seem to be a specific item type under WMC.  Would this be a worthwhile feature to implement? Does any theme support it?

575f0923ced1f_photos.png

Edited by throgmorton

Beware - if people don't have their photos well-organized, the lack of paging in the EMC framework will cause huge headaches.

I urge you again to start to look at Emby Theater because all of this will be so much easier and work better.

Yea I think you just need some nudging to get started, because i can pretty much promise that once you get started with html, you're not going to want to do mcml anymore.

throgmorton

Beware - if people don't have their photos well-organized, the lack of paging in the EMC framework will cause huge headaches.

I urge you again to start to look at Emby Theater because all of this will be so much easier and work better.

It is on my to-do list to get into Emby Theatre, I just want to get my WMC system up and functional to my satisfaction, and to the satisfaction of the users of my themes. As I will be using the WMC environment for sometime until I get a working and fully functioning implementation under Theatre.  I also don't know how long that will take, so I would like to spent a little time updating my WMC themes so I'm aware of all the features available and mapped out the look I want to implement. 

I don't believe I have that meany features left on my to do list before diving into Theatre.  Really only chapter support left I think, and now possibly photo support if it isn't too much work to implement (I had previously worked on a plugin for it so should be able to borrow code from it if the core feature isn't great).

Edited by throgmorton
  • Like 1

Curious as I was setting up the Emby Server and Library I noticed that Photo's are a selectable collection type and seem to be a specific item type under WMC.  Would this be a worthwhile feature to implement? Does any theme support it?

Just me personally, but I would not have a need to view pictures on my movie/music room.

throgmorton

Yea I think you just need some nudging to get started, because i can pretty much promise that once you get started with html, you're not going to want to do mcml anymore.

Well hopefully that's the case although I'm very comfortable with MCML these days. 

I have noticed a performance hit though when using Theatre as compared to WMC.  When I go to All Movies or All Series it always takes a 4-5 seconds to populate the list while in WMC it seems instant.

As you use the app and it builds up it's image cache, it will be the same or faster. Initially it can seem a little slower due to all of the image processing and transfer. Emby for Wmc was the same way when you first installed, it's just ancient history now.

throgmorton

It seems to work right out of the gate actually no need to do anything on my part, except maybe alter the details page to show the picture full screen instead of showing all the play options.

Edited by throgmorton

It seems to work right out of the gate actually no need to do anything on my part, except maybe alter the details page to show the picture full screen instead of showing all the play options.

Yes, it is supported.  Chocolate supports them too - just doesn't give you any kind of special views.

However, people tend to have a very large number of photos and they are large on top of that and EMC is designed to load the entire contents of each folder into memory as you enter it.  So, if someone enters a folder with 20,000 photos in it, they are probably going to complain about performance.

throgmorton

Yes, it is supported.  Chocolate supports them too - just doesn't give you any kind of special views.

However, people tend to have a very large number of photos and they are large on top of that and EMC is designed to load the entire contents of each folder into memory as you enter it.  So, if someone enters a folder with 20,000 photos in it, they are probably going to complain about performance.

That's fine its just nice that is already supported and it will be super easy to make a quick page which shows the photo full screen and maybe just a couple of remote commands (PgUp/PgDn) to move to the next one. Should be very simple and take almost no time to implement.  So I'll probably do it when I add chapter support and after that I think I will be at a state where I can start looking into Theatre as my themes will be up-to-date.

That's fine its just nice that is already supported and it will be super easy to make a quick page which shows the photo full screen and maybe just a couple of remote commands (PgUp/PgDn) to move to the next one. Should be very simple and take almost no time to implement.  So I'll probably do it when I add chapter support and after that I think I will be at a state where I can start looking into Theatre as my themes will be up-to-date.

Are you sure that doesn't already work if you "play" a photo or photo folder...?

throgmorton

Are you sure that doesn't already work if you "play" a photo or photo folder...?

Sort of... If you hit play from the view level it will play the album which is fine, however if you hit select it goes to the standard details page and if you hit play from there you see the picture and can move through the album with PgUp/PgDn.  I sort of wanna just bypass that intermediate step of going to the details page.  Maybe its as simple as adding a rule on the button class for ItemTypes as Photo.  Haven't really looked into it yet as I'm still setting up my Emby Server stuff here at home as there is a lot to catch up on and configure.

Good day Throgmorton,

I really like to test your new theme on the Emby Theater, let me know buddy.

Well done.

My best

epayson85

Things I'm waiting for to make the switch to theater....

1. Tvguide improvements... it's so close... just needs to scroll better / select via number presses. Mini guide would be nice too but I can live without.

2. Ceton tuner support. WMC recordings will most likely not be supported and they look like garbage on theater. Once I can leave wmc I can make the switch.

3. Throgsoft themes... I can't live without them lol. They look so freaking good. Xbmc on the original Xbox got me into HTPCs and there aren't many htpc frontends I haven't tried. Throgsofts themes make Emby for wmc the best UI I have ever seen. I Can't wait to see what he can do with theater.

throgmorton

Good day Throgmorton,

I really like to test your new theme on the Emby Theater, let me know buddy.

Well done.

My best

I'm a little ahead of schedule based on my original estimates a while ago.  I think I will wrap up my updates to the WMC Themes by the end of June.  I only have chapter support to implement which doesn't look that difficult to do and then maybe a few performance tweaks as I've noticed some issues possibly related to old ways of doing things which will need to be re-implemented.  So probably starting in July I will be doing tests to see what can be done for Emby Theatre,  I don't think I will have a fully working theme until the fall time frame as there will be a learning curve on how to accomplish the same things in the new environment.

• Like 5