Throgsoft Themes for WMC

throgmorton

throgmorton

I just went to my machine and loaded several of your other themes to re-familiarize myself with them.  All the themes say they are version 4.0.0.1 including Maelstrom.

How should I get 4.0.0.2 on there to test it out?

That maybe a question for the Emby guys, as it automatically downloaded for me but it required me to restart my Emby server so as to realize there was updates to the themes.  I'm not sure how often the server polls to find out if there are new updates for the plugins.

rms8

That maybe a question for the Emby guys, as it automatically downloaded for me but it required me to restart my Emby server so as to realize there was updates to the themes.  I'm not sure how often the server polls to find out if there are new updates for the plugins.

Bingo.

You're right.  I restarted the server and the updates were applied and now Maelstrom allows me to select individual tracks. :)

Your work on these themes has always given MediaBrowser (and now Emby) the slickest/prettiest UI of all the media programs out there.  I loved them years ago and feel like I have a shiny new toy again.  THANK YOU!!!!

I know you're going to be busy with what little time you may have to work on themes for Emby Theater....but.....

Would you consider these for you current themes in Emby Classic:

- When browsing music, in the details view of a CD, add a duration for each track.

- add a configurable option to show end time for movies (in all views).

- add a configurable option on the Main view to have a weather/temp displayed.

Depending on how configurable your themes for Emby Theater are, I may be convinced to finally leave Classic behind, but for now, Classic is just too user configurable to stop using.

I put a bundle together in each of the theme descriptions where you can buy all themes at 50% discount, similar to what I had in MB2.  Although as Ebr said Emby doesn't support this so I will have to manually do this once I recevie the paypal notification, so it won't be instantaneous.

I'll let you know when I will be taking advantage of this offer!!!!  So looking forward to configuring Destiny (still can't believe after all these years I could have done that... :wacko: .)

Edited by rms8

throgmorton

I know you're going to be busy with what little time you may have to work on themes for Emby Theater....but.....

- When browsing music, in the details view of a CD, add a duration for each track.

- add a configurable option to show end time for movies (in all views).

- add a configurable option on the Main view to have a weather/temp displayed.

Emby Theater will be a slow progression I think.  I'm just in the process of looking over the code for now to try and get a feel for what can be done.  In the meantime I will continue to support and fix issues regarding the WMC version of my themes.

• I believe it used to show the time but that was back when you required a plugin for music so maybe the bindings need to be changed for Emby.
  • End Time has been requested already, and as I'm not a fan of it, I'm still debating around adding it.
  • Weather used to be gathered from Yahoo however that seems to be defunct now, so unless there is another free source where I can gather that information it will be hard to add.

throgmorton

I think you can still get to Yahoo weather, they just completely changed their API. If you want to re-work the Yahoo weather grabber in the main project, that would be great... ;)

https://developer.yahoo.com/weather/

I may have a look to see as you seem to be able to get it in either json or xml which could work pretty easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

throgmorton

So it seems the public call works that they have shown, I had to change the a little bit of the XML parsing but my forecast plugin seems to work (see below).  This maybe a newbie question but is their still an ImagesByName folder for Emby so I can a backdrop in for my virtual folder?

5748b38373808_weather.png

IBN was merged with the normal "Metadata" folder.  You can see and set the location of this folder in the server dashboard.

For the old generic map an image to a folder name type of thing you would create a "General" folder under your metadata folder and then go from there like the old IBN.

Did you make the changes in the core EMC project?  Can you submit a pull request? :D.

rms8

Don't know if this is a bug or what so I'll just throw it out there.  It's not a deal breaker at all, just a minor annoyance if anything.....

I am using Destiny.  Most of the views are setup to Maelstrom.  Anyway, when I go into My Movies and then click on a Box Set, I can choose which theme I want to use to display the movies within the Box Set folder.  BUT....it appears I have to set every single Box Set individually.  Selecting a particular theme for one Box Set does not carry over to all the remaining Box Sets.  They all have to have their theme selected individually.

Also, when altering the GRID size in any view, it does not change the spacing in real time.  I have to step back one level, then go back into that particular view to see how much of a difference changing the GRID size made.  Other options like Poster size (or is it thumb size??) change in real time.

Just an observation.....

epayson85

Don't know if this is a bug or what so I'll just throw it out there.  It's not a deal breaker at all, just a minor annoyance if anything.....

I am using Destiny.  Most of the views are setup to Maelstrom.  Anyway, when I go into My Movies and then click on a Box Set, I can choose which theme I want to use to display the movies within the Box Set folder.  BUT....it appears I have to set every single Box Set individually.  Selecting a particular theme for one Box Set does not carry over to all the remaining Box Sets.  They all have to have their theme selected individually.

Also, when altering the GRID size in any view, it does not change the spacing in real time.  I have to step back one level, then go back into that particular view to see how much of a difference changing the GRID size made.  Other options like Poster size (or is it thumb size??) change in real time.

Just an observation.....

Odd I'm using destiny and my boxsets don't do that. Also everything changes in real-time unless that theme isn't effected by those changes. Like there is one theme/view that I noticed you can't change the poster size... can't remember which off the top of my head.

throgmorton

Did you make the changes in the core EMC project?  Can you submit a pull request? :D.

I can do it Sunday when I get back, although I haven't compiled core in ages, so hopefully its pretty easy to setup again so I can test if the changes work before pushing it.

But basically all that needs updating in the YahooModel is just the URL string, a change over to WOEID for your location instead of whatever was used before and switching the XML parsing from rss/channel/ to query/results/channel.  Everything else was good I think.

throgmorton

I don't use boxsets but i'm pretty sure views are Sync'd based on type so lets say you change a folder which is at your TV season level then all your TV season levels should be the same you wouldn't have to go into each tv series and change the view.

Its possible that gird spacing was one of those parameters which couldn't be updated in real-time on the view.  Does any theme which isn't mine do it dynamically?

throgmorton

Haven't figured out how to do that so I send the email with the changed file, very minor changes...  Should fix the problem with core.

Anyways I uploaded my weather plugin so that should be available again for those who want it.

throgmorton

This will be done for next update as it is now part of core and I just need to change the bindings from that of the old music plugin, although the old plugin used to provide things like Track # as well but I don't see this information anymore as part of core.

aspdend

Had a bit of time over the holiday weekend so I installed all your themes and gave them a good go around. They are so silky smooth and configurable - I haven't used them for a long time and I'd completely forgotten how good they are - really makes chocolate look pedestrian...Porting/re-writing these for EMT may well be the kicker that is needed to use EMT as my daily rather than EMC! keep up the good work!

rms8

Anyways I uploaded my weather plugin so that should be available again for those who want it.

Throg,

I loaded the weather plugin.  When I scroll over to "Forecast" nothing populates in that window (the theme is Destiny/Maelstrom).  When I click "Forecast" it takes me to a black screen that says Yahoo in the upper right hand corner of the screen.  Maybe I should try it in the straight up Maelstrom theme?

throgmorton

Throg,

I loaded the weather plugin. When I scroll over to "Forecast" nothing populates in that window (the theme is Destiny/Maelstrom). When I click "Forecast" it takes me to a black screen that says Yahoo in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Maybe I should try it in the straight up Maelstrom theme?

Have you entered your WOEID properly?

Have you entered your WOEID properly?

If he's running the latest beta, that field was taken out of the config page because Weather was broken.  I'll have to put it back.

rms8

If he's running the latest beta, that field was taken out of the config page because Weather was broken.  I'll have to put it back.

I have been getting the pop-up for the Beta, but have NOT yet loaded it.

I do have my zip code populated in the Configuration though since the weather widget used to work with the other themes I used in the past.

throgmorton

I have been getting the pop-up for the Beta, but have NOT yet loaded it.

I do have my zip code populated in the Configuration though since the weather widget used to work with the other themes I used in the past.

It doesn't use zip code you need a proper WOEID, you should be able to just google it.

rms8

It doesn't use zip code you need a proper WOEID, you should be able to just google it.

Okay.  Looked it up and entered it into General Settings.

WORKS GREAT now.

TY

Well, that's different because US zip codes used to be valid weather IDs too.  So, this will mean everyone will have to re-configure.

throgmorton

Well, that's different because US zip codes used to be valid weather IDs too. So, this will mean everyone will have to re-configure.

Well obviously I haven't looked at all of them but the example for Nome, AK has WOEID 2460286 while its zip is 99762. So I imagine people in the US will need to reconfigure. We don't use zip codes in Canada so it was never like that.

throgmorton

So for those of you who want End Time added my question would be exactly where?  For example here is sample view, probably one of the easiest to play around with as its pretty uncluttered.  Ideally I would like to add it in a common place so that no matter which theme its in its relatively easy to spot... My only thought would be maybe next to the clock (bottom right) or counter (bottom left).

574de6cb73f44_endtime.png

Edited by throgmorton

techywarrior

I think I'd like to see it in the top right along with the other important information. Especially since the run time is there. In this particular theme it would need to be on a new row below the rotten tomatoes rating (or move the ratings down, whatever). Not sure if that works well for all your themes. (since I don't currently use them)

throgmorton

I think I'd like to see it in the top right along with the other important information. Especially since the run time is there. In this particular theme it would need to be on a new row below the rotten tomatoes rating (or move the ratings down, whatever). Not sure if that works well for all your themes. (since I don't currently use them)

I thought about below but it looks odd and out of place at least to me, plus it wouldn't work on many of the other views as there wouldn't be enough room to add another line.  On one of the views which is literally a wall of posters with no metadata being shown at all except for the counter and clock which is why I thought maybe somewhere there as I believe its standard across all themes.  If it was next to the clock it would have to be done in such away that you don't confuse it with the actual time though...

Edited by throgmorton