FrontView+ [for Windows]iMon replacement, NowPlaying 2nd Screen

GlennNZ

GlennNZ

i believe you but i can't reproduce it. all of those volume commands are working fine in my testing.

Sorry Luke - just saw this today and couldn't resist!

8e3750db28a13864190cf9747a3e0083.png

Joke!

Glenn

• Like 2

Xzener

Sorry, was busy yesterday. I was able to install v1.139. The Video and Other tabs look much better Glenn, thanks for that. I will test the other fixes and report back.

Any chance of FV+ not trimming the covers in the library view? I use CoverArt, the covers are being trimmed. I can post images if you like?

Edited by Xzener

GlennNZ

Thanks.

Happy to have a look - presume it's a few pixels - bc haven't noticed myself.

May be issues as to size of ever other remotes covers, trim one, blank space in another etc.

But picture would be good. Thanks.

Thanks for reporting back in volume up / down (in the little remote pop up up top - next to weather), & less confident with volume slider.

Focus is the big issue and this is at Embys Theaters end that seems to have slipped from Luke's radar.

? No change at Theater end - see there has been a few fixes - if not we might need to put back on Luke's radar.

Glenn

Xzener

Sorry, for the delay... Next week is finals for me. I have taken on WAY to much school this summer and it is catching up to me. Hopefully I can get back to VF+ and get you the pictures you asked for.

Xzener

Glenn,

Everything seems to be working ok, but don't think I have any videos to try the volume. I do know that the slider seems to bounce back to full after attempting to bring it down.

I am finding it difficult with my screen to touch the "+" button. It's very small and too close to the side of the screen. Could we go with a bigger button, perhaps have a "Details" button instead?

Going to try playing with the backdrop and other buttons for a different look and feel.

Again, thanks for the stop button, it works perfectly.

GlennNZ

Glenn,

Everything seems to be working ok, but don't think I have any videos to try the volume. I do know that the slider seems to bounce back to full after attempting to bring it down.

I am finding it difficult with my screen to touch the "+" button. It's very small and too close to the side of the screen. Could we go with a bigger button, perhaps have a "Details" button instead?

Going to try playing with the backdrop and other buttons for a different look and feel.

Again, thanks for the stop button, it works perfectly.

No videos?  Any of the HD Movies or DVD Movies will work fine.  Testing whether changes the volume of Emby.Theater/its slider.  Won't change the volume of receiver obviously.

The + Button - not that keen to fill up the now Playing screen - but you can press anywhere on the "now playing title" to bring up the info - does not have to be tiny + button. (just there to show is more info available)

Welcome to upload any changes and will add the skins to pack.

Have been working on Receiver Volume control - and have it working quite well with my Pioneer Receiver.  Have selectable option to use IP connection to receiver for all volume display and commands with FrontView+.  Once established then displays Receiver Volume on slider and Mute/Unmute works on receiver as does Volume/Up/Down commands.  Any change in receiver is then reflected in FrontView+.

Very Receiver brand dependant though - and not sure how far I want to go supporting a thousand other IP control formats for different Receivers; but happy to gauge interest.

On a another more important note - Luke has fixed the focus issues with Emby.Theater 2.5.4 - correctly returns focus to Electron theater component - so should be no more remote button focus issues.

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ
  • Like 1

GlennNZ

Sorry, was busy yesterday. I was able to install v1.139. The Video and Other tabs look much better Glenn, thanks for that. I will test the other fixes and report back.

Any chance of FV+ not trimming the covers in the library view? I use CoverArt, the covers are being trimmed. I can post images if you like?

See above post for more interesting stuff!

The Quoted issue above - is fixable within the skin section.  Within %appdata\FrontView+\Skin section.

Specifically the Movies.xaml file within - change the Width/Height dimensions in ElementVisual and ItemsPanelTemplate_Movies to better suit Emby.

eg.  I changed to 115 and 160 - to suit Emby Cover dimensions.

<DataTemplate x:Key="MoviesDataTemplate"
					  DataType="{x:Type Classes:Yatse2Movie}">
        <Border x:Name="ElementVisual" Width="115" Height="160" ClipToBounds="True" Background="{x:Null}" Grid.Row="0" CornerRadius="0" VerticalAlignment="Center" HorizontalAlignment="Center" BorderBrush="{x:Null}" BorderThickness="0,0,0,0" OverridesDefaultStyle="True">
            <Grid>
                <Border Name="mask" Background="#FF000000" CornerRadius="10"/>
                <Grid>
                    <Grid.OpacityMask>
                        <VisualBrush Visual="{Binding ElementName=mask}"/>
                    </Grid.OpacityMask>
                    <Image Margin="0" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center" Stretch="UniformToFill" SnapsToDevicePixels="True"
                           Source="{Binding Path=Thumb,  Converter={x:Static Yatse2:CacheImageConverter.Instance}, ConverterParameter='Video\\Thumbs' }">
                    </Image> 

<Image Visibility="{Binding Path=PlayCount, Converter={x:Static Yatse2:VisibilityConverter.Instance}, ConverterParameter=long}"
                               Source="{Binding ConverterParameter=Overlay_Watched, Path=Skin, Source={StaticResource Yatse2Properties}, Converter={x:Static Yatse2:SkinImagePathConverter.Instance}}"
                               HorizontalAlignment="Right" Margin="0,0,0,0" VerticalAlignment="Bottom" Width="25" Height="25" Panel.ZIndex="1"/>
                    <Image Visibility="{Binding Path=IsFavorite, Converter={x:Static Yatse2:VisibilityConverter.Instance}, ConverterParameter=long}"  
                               Source="{Binding ConverterParameter=Overlay_Favorite, Path=Skin, Source={StaticResource Yatse2Properties}, Converter={x:Static Yatse2:SkinImagePathConverter.Instance}}"
                               HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="0,0,0,0" VerticalAlignment="Bottom" Width="25" Height="25" Panel.ZIndex="1"/>
                </Grid>
            </Grid>
        </Border>
    </DataTemplate>

<ItemsPanelTemplate x:Key="ItemsPanelTemplate_Movies">
        <Controls:VirtElementFlow x:Name="ElementFlow"
                    TiltAngle="50"
                    ItemGap="0.9"
                    FrontItemGap=".23"
                    PopoutDistance="2.3"
                    HasReflection="False"   
                    Focusable="True"
                    ElementWidth="115"
                    ElementHeight="160"
                    NumberVisible="12"
                    IsItemsHost="True">
            <Controls:VirtElementFlow.Camera>
                <PerspectiveCamera Position="0,0,15" FieldOfView="{Binding Path=VideoPov, Source={StaticResource Yatse2Properties}}" />
            </Controls:VirtElementFlow.Camera>
        </Controls:VirtElementFlow>
    </ItemsPanelTemplate>

I have made these changes within a new skin file - Just unzip the file into %appdata\FrontView+\Skin  to create a new folder and new Skin EmbySkin.

Select this within FV+ Settings screen.

EmbySkin.Zip

http://www.mediafire.com/download/44r9xz378lcxxhn/EmbySkin.zip

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ

I have been trying to increase the font size on the 'Now Playing' screen to make it more readable on a 10 inch monitor across a room.

I have searched through the xaml files in notepad to find anything relating to text / font / size and found three entries, I have tried all of them with different values but only one seems to do anything, that is the one that shows the time elapsed and total playing time of the video, I now have that increased to font size 32. If I make it any bigger, it gets cut off. But the title of the file playing is still very small, and I can't work out how to increase that.

Any ideas?

Thanks

lisa

I have swapped out the 10 inch monitor for a 15 inch, things are becoming more readable, but it would be nice if we could work out how to change the font size.

Also, in the now playing screen, whilst a tv episode is playing back I get the season and episode number in the bottom left of the screen just under the small thumbnail, and also in the centre of the screen just above the progress bar. eg 'The Americans s03e07'. Is there a way of editing the xaml file to show the episode title above the progress bar instead eg 'Walter Taffett'?

thanks

lisa 

GlennNZ

Hi Lisa

Had a quick look and it appears now playing size is hard encoded to font size 18 - will have a look at moving it to skin xaml file and happy to make changes as above.

Will probably have to wait until weekend

:(

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GlennNZ

I have swapped out the 10 inch monitor for a 15 inch, things are becoming more readable, but it would be nice if we could work out how to change the font size.

Also, in the now playing screen, whilst a tv episode is playing back I get the season and episode number in the bottom left of the screen just under the small thumbnail, and also in the centre of the screen just above the progress bar. eg 'The Americans s03e07'. Is there a way of editing the xaml file to show the episode title above the progress bar instead eg 'Walter Taffett'?

thanks

lisa 

Ok

Think have done everything requested.

Version 1.154

Add option to connect to Receiver (with IP control) for all volume commands and to reflect Receiver Volume in FrontView+
(Currently compatible with most Pioneer models- can consider supporting others)
Additional Settings screen for above.  Default Off.

Change Skins (NB: may cause issues with modified Skins - if so overwrite modified skin Directory %appdata%/FrontView+/Skin/SkinName/xaml/*.*  with current skin default contents to resolve)
  • Allow NowPlaying Screen Text Size to be edited.
  • Change NowPlaying TV Screen to show Title Name above Playbar.
  • (edit within skin/skinname/xaml/styles.xaml file)

Build 1.154 Below:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4me5sa305wnpea4/FrontView_Setup_1.154.exe

GlennNZ

Change Skins (NB: may cause issues with modified Skins - if so overwrite modified skin Directory %appdata%/FrontView+/Skin/SkinName/xaml/*.*  with current skin default contents to resolve)
  • Allow NowPlaying Screen Text Size to be edited.
  • Change NowPlaying TV Screen to show Title Name above Playbar.
  • (edit within skin/skinname/xaml/styles.xaml file)

How to change NowPlaying Screen:

Would suggest you duplicate the Skin by Copying %appdata%/FrontView+/Skin/Default

and paste back into same directory.  Rename - newskin or something similar.

Then Edit Skin File (Styles.xaml)

%appdata%/FrontView+/Skin/SkinName/xaml/Styles.xaml

At the End of the -Currently-- section of Styles.xaml you will these settings:

Change the numbers only as required.

<!-- Below Changes the Text size under NowPlaying TV Thumbnail Season 1 Episode 1 -->
    <System:Double x:Key="CurrentlyTVS00E00_TextSize">18.0</System:Double>
    <!-- Below Changes the Title of the Episode above the nowplaying Bar -->
    <System:Double x:Key="CurrentlyTVTitle_TextSize">22.0</System:Double>
    <!-- Below doesnt do anything -->
    <System:Double x:Key="CurrentlyTV_TextSize">22.0</System:Double>
    <!--Below Changes the Episode Title Space/Box to make it larger for huge fonts -->
    <System:Double x:Key="CurrentlyTV_BoxHeight">25.0</System:Double>

<!-- Below are the same for NowPlaying Movies Screen -->
    <System:Double x:Key="CurrentlyMovieS00E00_TextSize">18.0</System:Double>
    <System:Double x:Key="CurrentlyMovieTitle_TextSize">22.0</System:Double>
    <System:Double x:Key="CurrentlyMovie_TextSize">22.0</System:Double>
    <System:Double x:Key="CurrentlyMovie_BoxHeight">25.0</System:Double>

<!--  END Currently -->

(The BoxHeight is the black space above the nowplaying bar - if using very large fonts they will be cut off unless you increase this figure as well)

Hopefully this is straightforward!

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ

Thank you  :D

I have installed the new version, and got all the settings configured to my liking. Looks lovely thanks!

There were a couple of niggles..

The screen resolution had reverted to 800 x 480 instead of 800 x 600 which is what the monitor is set at, and I couldn't change it within the GUI, however I worked out how to add it to the settings xaml and that worked.

Also, I couldn't get the text size of the numbers showing time elapsed and total playing time to go bigger, but actually tried changing the setting that you have marked as 'Below doesn't do anything' and that worked!

Thanks again, this is a killer feature for me when using Emby Theatre.

lisa

GlennNZ

Thank you  :D

I have installed the new version, and got all the settings configured to my liking. Looks lovely thanks!

There were a couple of niggles..

The screen resolution had reverted to 800 x 480 instead of 800 x 600 which is what the monitor is set at, and I couldn't change it within the GUI, however I worked out how to add it to the settings xaml and that worked.

Also, I couldn't get the text size of the numbers showing time elapsed and total playing time to go bigger, but actually tried changing the setting that you have marked as 'Below doesn't do anything' and that worked!

Thanks again, this is a killer feature for me when using Emby Theatre.

lisa

Hi

Sorry to hear about the niggles

The screen size is odd - the GUI on mine allows you to select nicely a whole pile of sizes and resizes everything accordingly - will have a look and see if any easy changes.

&

Interesting about the do-nothing setting - I didn't set the playback time text size - bc you mentioned already finding the setting for that.  But happy to change the -does nothing- title to this!

Glenn

GlennNZ

New Version 1.156

Emby Remote Return Button Fix
Pioneer IP Control : Volume Percentage Fix
Pioneer IP Control : Mute Undim correctly works.

Major Skin Changes - Checks for Default skin if missing component of new skin.
(just change what ever skin component need for new skin)
Multiple skins now included as default (as minimal space needed)
(skins are at %appdata%/FrontView+/Skin/

Added 'BaseSkin' - copy this and add whatever skin component wish to change. Anything missing will get from Default Skin all going well.
Also - my new Favourite Red Curtain and Red Curtain Large (NowPlaying Large)

579db30ce1b09_RedCurtain.png

579db350d6774_IPReceiverControl.png

Some logic Changes to Emby Fanart Always - more compatible with Multiple Remote connections
(shouldn't need any path changes)

Glenn

http://www.mediafire.com/download/119jl3id5wxyq2j/FrontView_Setup_1.156%282%29.exe

& here: Will probably move to github

https://github.com/Ghawken/FrontView/releases/tag/1.156

Edited by GlennNZ
  • Like 1

Xzener

Glenn,

The new version is working well. Focus in Emby Theater has been fixed. Created my own backdrop for the Default skin...

579e646b10aca_Capture.png

Questions...

Currently FV+ has a basic library to chose a movie... Would it be possible to add a "Resume" feature of movie/tv shows?

Would it be possible to modify the "FrontView+" logo on the main screen? I would like to rename it to "Theater Room" for example.

Edited by Xzener

Xzener

I found an issue. As I browse my movie collection in FV+, as I touch the screen to scroll a few movies... FV+ screen is drifting around. Here is a screen shot, as you can see the top and right sides of the GUI has drifted down and right. Its not staying put, it is drifting into the other display.

579e682ca4108_Capture.png

Edited by Xzener

GlennNZ

Glenn,

The new version is working well. Focus in Emby Theater has been fixed. Created my own backdrop for the Default skin...

579e646b10aca_Capture.png

Questions...

Currently FV+ has a basic library to chose a movie... Would it be possible to add a "Resume" feature of movie/tv shows?

Would it be possible to modify the "FrontView+" logo on the main screen? I would like to rename it to "Theater Room" for example.

Good to hear all good. (See your other post which will answer in sec)

Re: Resume

Probably not possible - but will have a look.

A few reasons ?what does a resume button look like?

But the problem is FV+ sends play this file message to Emby from its Database based on what you have clicked. I will check whether there is a seperate 'play or resume' command to Emby - but I don't think so.

To resume then the database would have to known where you are up to for each file and somehow keep this update - which clearly would never be uptodate enough.

Glenn

GlennNZ

I found an issue. As I browse my movie collection in FV+, as I touch the screen to scroll a few movies... FV+ screen is drifting around. Here is a screen shot, as you can see the top and right sides of the GUI has drifted down and right. Its not staying put, it is drifting into the other display.

579e682ca4108_Capture.png

Looks like you are dragging the screen around - which is possible just click on the FV+ window then move the window whereever. Don't think that is a recent change.

Is a full screen versus window setting somewhere -- will have a look when can.

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ

Xzener

I can hold my finger on the screen and drag the entire VF+ GUI around. Don't recall this being an issue before. The screen drifts when I simply touch the screen once to select something. Here is a video, the first time it moves, it was just me touching the screen once, then you can see me dragging it all over the place...

Click Here

EDIT: Fixed it... I had accidentally hit the "Mouse Mode" in the settings. Unchecking it fixed the problem.

Edited by Xzener

GlennNZ

I can hold my finger on the screen and drag the entire VF+ GUI around. Don't recall this being an issue before. The screen drifts when I simply touch the screen once to select something. Here is a video, the first time it moves, it was just me touching the screen once, then you can see me dragging it all over the place...

Click Here

EDIT: Fixed it... I had accidentally hit the "Mouse Mode" in the settings. Unchecking it fixed the problem.

Cool.

Managed to log in remotely to check code - and was about to tell you that solution.

There is a DisableScreenPositioning - setting in the xml that should enable MouseMode without Window Drag - but doesn't.

Have updated/fixed that so DisableScreenPositioning in settings.xml will stop window drag regardless of MouseMode setting.

Will be in next build.

Glenn

GlennNZ

Just saw this.

Am uploading version 1.158 - fixes DisableScreenPositioning (enable this) and wont be able to move frontview around regardless of whether mousemode or not.

&

Adds Logo.png file the FrontView+ bit to the skin folder Interface

Glenn

GlennNZ

Version 1.158

- Correct functioning of DisableScreenPositioning in settings.xml file  (turn on to stop FrontView+ being draggable)
- Allow Skins to change Logo (add new Skin/skinname/Interface/Logo.png) to Skin folders\

& github as above release/post.

Glenn
  • Like 1