FrontView+ [for Windows]iMon replacement, NowPlaying 2nd Screen

GlennNZ

Xzener

Wow! Thanks for the skin-able logo Glenn, thought you ignored that one. Loving all these changes. Have to ask... Would you be interested in a a new library view? Maybe selectable per library (TV Series or Movies)... Could you PLEASE add a cover wall view??

post-19-0-54381200-1470197737_thumb.png

GlennNZ

Wow! Thanks for the skin-able logo Glenn, thought you ignored that one. Loving all these changes. Have to ask... Would you be interested in a a new library view? Maybe selectable per library (TV Series or Movies)... Could you PLEASE add a cover wall view??

attachicon.gifemby01.png

Thanks for the suggestion, and welcome to keep them coming, but... probably not!

Have had a reasonable look and the code involved is pretty complex, as the FluidKit needs to be virtualized for the wall effect to have anywhere reasonable performance.  The current coverflow effect is virtualised and orginally took quite a bit of work in meedios forums to get that working at that time (from reading back on the forums) That work never continued and those involved have long moved on; so for me to recreate it for the wall effect would seem unrealistic.

Also my 8inch screen is pretty tiny for a decent wall effect and wouldnt imagine would get much use.

Glenn

Glenn

GlennNZ

Probably need some more info - are they listed?

Anyhow, pending this, Would rename the main skin folder in %appdata% to 'skin-old' and reinstall. (The installer may not over-write existing files of the old skins)

Not sure what version you are coming from but if earlier than 1.157 older skins may cause issues (particularly with the xaml files)

If that fixes - just copy across you new skin components to a copy of baseskin directory.

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ

GlennNZ

Good to hear - On another note:

I would not edit the default skin - just copy Baseskin and rename as needed and add new components. (Eg background and logo pngs)

Any new install will over write the default skin components, and default is now checked for every skin component - so if you muck up a file within default nothing will run.

Glenn

Xzener

Got it. I made my own remote icons too. I'm going to mockup a now playing screen with emphasis on the cover being trimmed around the edges, an issue I brought up earlier. I hope it can be fixed. I will post the example probably tonight or tomorrow.

Xzener

Wanna try and mess around with the remote http commands. I use EventGhost, so I might be able to control volume and other things.

Is editing that stuff in the readme file? I could use some pointers.

Edited by Xzener

GlennNZ

Got it. I made my own remote icons too. I'm going to mockup a now playing screen with emphasis on the cover being trimmed around the edges, an issue I brought up earlier. I hope it can be fixed. I will post the example probably tonight or tomorrow.

Covers trimmed? - did fix that in the library view - is it an issue in nowplaying screen? If so haven't noticed.

Welcome to post own skin changes/remote icons and will add to install package.

Welcome to post issue - sooner the better as will have some time shortly.

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GlennNZ

Wanna try and mess around with the remote http commands. I use EventGhost, so I might be able to control volume and other things.

Is editing that stuff in the readme file? I could use some pointers.

Should be in manual I think (to many changes to keep manual updated:)

Should test the http command you are interested in sending in browser window first - FV will then send same command on various events. (Depending where you put it)

Not sure what you mean about volume (doesn't control volume). But can send whatever command you what to whatever accepts http commands / typically hue lights, Vera automation, other automation software etc

My usage is to put lights off and on and various modes in between with pause play and start.

On another note welcome to post issues or suggestions here so I don't loose track of them:

https://github.com/Ghawken/FrontView/issues

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ

Xzener

Yes, the covers are cropped in the now playing screen... I will post a picture tonight.

GlennNZ

Hi

Yes, the covers are cropped in the now playing screen... I will post a picture tonight.

Thats okay - don't bother - have fixed it below  (I think! also resized the screen a bit as well)

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ

GlennNZ

New Version

Fix Cropped nowPlaying Screen (Best results delete Thumbnail Cache in %appdata% - will be regenerated)

Fix Movie_TextSize incorrectly applying to both title and time (now separate settings for both)

More skin changes - can change size of Cover items in NowPlaying Movies (few default options - within Styles.xml)

All skins now default to newer larger Cover Size - 'Default' is still the smaller size.

Older or custom skins will need new Skin/skinname/xaml/Styles.xaml --> copied and replaced in older folders for correct functioning

Older Sizing (with crop fix applied)

57a588f132bfd_SmallPlaybackandText.png

New Bigger: NowPlaying sizing (NowPlaying Large and Curtain large - Defaults to this)

57a5891c695e4_BigCoverandText.png

All the text is customisable within skin settings, style.xaml file.

In this example Title is probably a bit big (much better at 800x600 or 1024x768 screen size however which is what designed for) Hang on will take 1024x768 photo while uploading.

1024x768

57a58b9ba8f0e_Big1024x768.png

Uploading to github now...

https://github.com/Ghawken/FrontView/releases

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ
  • Like 1

Xzener

Well, just wasted an hour in Photoshop. LOL! That looks great Glenn, much better!! Oh, well... Here is my picture anyway. It has my remote icon so I can at least show that. Its a little more modern, and not so kiddy (no offense). Would you like to use these Glenn?? If so, here is a link to them... Remote Icons

Mockup_zpsjfklidft.png

Edited by Xzener

Xzener

Glenn,

I would like to dim (gradient) the backdrops a bit. Can you point me in the right direction in the Xaml files??

Edited by Xzener

Xzener

Both the library views and the now playing screen.

Here is an example @Glenn. Compare to the image above a couple posts.

Mockup_zps8mxta2ws.png

Edited by Xzener

GlennNZ

Dimming probably not possible - well everything is possible - but not without changing for all - it is not a skinable option.

Personally I prefer the first screen.

Your difference/ issue is the very small resolution - most run at 800x600 or in my case 1024x768.

With your 800x400 I take your point that circles are probably to big - have a look at my earlier 1024x768 nowplaying post.

Can look and see if possible to remove if hack480 enabled.

Info screens for tv and movies dicey - should change those and may add backdrop.

Glenn

• Like 1

GlennNZ

The issue with removing the circles is then can't see white text under and weather icons visibility come and go - depending on the backdrop itself. Looks very messy - Need to have some circle there - could resize but resizing all contents may be problematic.

Could remove top right circle altogether ? (In nowplaying screen)

Glenn

• Like 1

GlennNZ

Also, is it possible to remove the semicircles from the corners?

Styles.xaml  (in skin folders/xaml --  at very top of fine is these first few lines)

<!--  START Header Ellipse  -->
    <SolidColorBrush x:Key="Header_Ellipse_Fill" Color="#00000000"/>
    <SolidColorBrush x:Key="Header_Ellipse_Stroke" Color="#FFCBCBCB"/>
    <!--  END Header Ellipse -->

Changes the color and outline of the top right cirle - change to above to remove it altogether.  

or can make both very opaque with something like this

<!--  START Header Ellipse  -->
    <SolidColorBrush x:Key="Header_Ellipse_Fill" Color="#33000000"/>
    <SolidColorBrush x:Key="Header_Ellipse_Stroke" Color="#FFCBCBCB"/>
    <!--  END Header Ellipse -->

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ
  • Like 1

Xzener

The issue with removing the circles is then can't see white text under and weather icons visibility come and go - depending on the backdrop itself. Looks very messy - Need to have some circle there - could resize but resizing all contents may be problematic.

Could remove top right circle altogether ? (In nowplaying screen)

Glenn

Which a dimmed backdrop would fix in my opinion. If the backdrops were dimmed, you would be able to see the white text as well as the back arrow.