FrontView+ [for Windows]iMon replacement, NowPlaying 2nd Screen

GlennNZ

GlennNZ

Which a dimmed backdrop would fix in my opinion. If the backdrops were dimmed, you would be able to see the white text as well as the back arrow.

Well the current skin post as above fixes that by changing the dimming level of the circles.

I'm not saying its not possible - but to change 4 screens (two librarys and two nowplaying), with what would need to be skinable element (because I don't want a gradient) -is somewhat of a pain.

Was planning on working on the details screens which is bad for both TV shows, TV seasons, and episodes and Movie Details.

And have finally fixed the Movies/TV Library display for Coverart - which will need new version.

Glenn

• Like 1

Xzener

Well done Glenn... I hope I'm not coming across as demanding, I do appreciate all the work done. I wish this was more popular where others could chime in with their opinions. IMO, the backdrops are very bright, and if dimmed (gradient) added, would look much better.

Xzener

Been fiddling with the "styles.xaml", as mentioned above, with no effect. My theme, "Theater", has a folder within called "Xaml". Within that folder is the styles.xaml file. Cut and pasted both of your code snippets with no effect. Restarted FV+, no change. Loaded a different skin,  and back to Theater, no change.

Any ideas?

GlennNZ

Been fiddling with the "styles.xaml", as mentioned above, with no effect. My theme, "Theater", has a folder within called "Xaml". Within that folder is the styles.xaml file. Cut and pasted both of your code snippets with no effect. Restarted FV+, no change. Loaded a different skin, and back to Theater, no change.

Any ideas?

It's is definitely that file within %appdata%/frontview+/skins/xaml

It does default back to an internal skin if the xaml file is malformed/not right.

I would presume this is happening, replace the file with the default skin - and start again, change something small.

Failing that could post it.

Glenn

GlennNZ

New Version 1.162

- Further skin CoverArt fixes

- Updated Details screens of all

- Selectable fanart 'Dimness' single setting in skin/styles.xml affects all fanart

- Updated TV show details

- Updated Movie details

- Updated TV episode details

57a8657e8e6a8_11621st.png

Note Coverflow - fits to this frame perfectly

Also the background is selected dim-level as requested (within skin/xaml/Styles.xml)

57a865afd103a_FanartOpacity.png

Change the FanartOpacity from 1.0 to 0.1 for very dim

Back to 1.0 full brighness (old setting) again here

57a865e34418b_11622nd.png

57a866014076b_1162MovieCoverFlow.png

Movie coverflow fits these cases well

57a86624ea390_1162MovieDetails.png

New Movies Details Screen (should work with all screen sizes)

&

57a8664857b13_1162TVDetailsScreen.png

TV TV Series Details Screen (and New Episodes Screen)

---------------------------------------------------

Now listen carefully - the skin files have to be changed depending on your CovertArt treatments (working on another fix - but might take a while)

Default, Curtain Large, Emby Default, and BaseSkin --> all have slightly different xaml files

Movies.xml file - controls the movie coverflow

TvShows.xml file - controls the Tv Coverflow.

Styles - controls the size of text and opacity of fanart screens (yes new setting) and circles.

For requested coverart use Curtain Large (movies.xml file and tvshows.xml files) and change what needed back.

https://github.com/Ghawken/FrontView/releases

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ
  • Like 1

Xzener

Wow! Now that looks amazing. Time to figure out this Xaml stuff finally. Nice work Glenn... I thought you said backdrop dimming wasn't possible? Lol!

GlennNZ

I think I said 'everything was possible' but difficult! Figured it out - issue is that all the grids are stacked on top of each other, swapping screen turns one off and one on etc. But anyway added background behind each image to enable dim through it.

Some minor issues fixed in next version - date format in tv series and zooming in of fanart on some screens.

Will look at moving fanart opacity setting to settings screen, and would prefer to come up with automatic case size cover flow solution. Issue is Emby coverart even with 'aspect ratio setting' serves differ sized files depending on the coverart treatment selected.

Need to probably check a random coverart and set cover flow sized based on this - still thinking...

Glenn

GlennNZ
Version: 1.164

Add Display Selection Box - enables multiple screens as liked to be selected

Resolution fixes - should display options for more

Add FanArtOpacity Slider to settings (xml file no longer used)

(temp disable force resolution setting for moment)

Fix PremeireDate Emby Format

Fix fanart zoomed in

57ac553289da4_DisplaySelection.png

57ac554730f51_FanartOpacitySlider.png

57ac556d82414_FIxDateTvScreen.png

on github
  • Like 1

GlennNZ

Been so busy, haven't been able to test v1.162... Now I'm glad I didn't. Great work Glenn!

Thanks

Wait for next build - small fanartopacity bug in this one and trying to automate coverflow...

Glenn

• Like 1

Xzener

So I updated from v1.159 to v1.164... Now the GUI wont stay put on dual screen setup. It swaps back and forth between displays? I reverted back to v1.159 (when it was fine) and I have the same issue. The only thing different with my PC from then to now is Windows updates. Not sure what is going on or how to fix it.

Any ideas Glenn??

GlennNZ

Sorry about that.

Pretty sure relates to DisableScreenPositioning - set this to true and let me know if fixes.

For some reason can't reproduce here - but already fixed based on above.  If it doesn't fix might need to think again.

Additional:

Yah!  Have been able to reproduce - it is very annoying!

Mousemode is the issue...  (true stops)

working on fix....

Futher Edit:

Even better - can confirm earlier fix works.

Will post a new build tonight (have automated the coverflow sizes) just want to add a few more settings to the settings screen.

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ
  • Like 1

Xzener

Set "DisplayScreenPositioning" to true fixed it... Whew, I thought it was a problem with a recent Windows update.

Another issue that is bothering me... Whenever I plug in my Mimo, launch Emby Theater, move it to the 100" screen, and launch FrontView+... The entire Emby Theater home screen shifts to the left. Can you replicate this issue?? I think it is a dual screen bug with Emby Theater.

Won't be an issue whenever I get a Nuc to dedicate to FV+, but it is annoying.

Edited by Xzener

GlennNZ

Tah - just adding some settings screen settings so can avoid editing xml files (given the dislike!)

Less customisable - but less messy.

Have sorted out coverflow - checks random coverart for dimensions and sizes according to that at ever remote connection.

Means can go from Kodi, Emby back again and not have out of whack coverflow dimensions.

Does mean though if you have a few cover sizes (some left over) only one with be perfect.

Glenn

Xzener

Thanks

Wait for next build - small fanartopacity bug in this one and trying to automate coverflow...

Glenn

What do you mean by "automate" CoverArt?

GlennNZ

Well at the moment - given Emby and Kodi don't share coverart Image size dimensions .  And in addition Emby CoverArts are all different sizes, some skinny, some wide etc etc.

Hence depending on your Emby CoverArt choices - the coverflow screen doesn't look great unless you happen to luck on exactly the right skin size for the coverArt Images you are using.

The new version - changes the coverflow dimensions based on the images served by each remote.  Separately for TV and Movies.  So should look good for any Emby CoverArt setting and allows change from one remote to another (emby -> Kodi) back again without needing to change anything.

G

GlennNZ

Ok sorry for Delay:

Version 1.171

Fix for Screen bouncing around - sorry!

Fix for Fanart Opacity not saving

Add Settings Screen for some Skin Settings -

- Two new settings: Under Skin

Extra: Controls Cover Size in Movies Screen

Text: Controls Now Playing size in both TV and Movies NowPlaying

Add Slider for SemiCircle Opacity: below fanart Opacity Slider.

More major:

Universal Coverflow/Skin settings - recognises size of remote Cover's (Movies/TV separate) sizes and resizes the coverflow appropriately.

Should be compatible with any CoverArt treatment from Emby. No longer need to keep aspectRatio selected.

(all covers do need to be the same size within TV and Movies)

Deleted some skins - as not needed - settings pages cover.

New Settings: To Change NowPlaying Playback:

Top one: Extras (skin) Changes the Cover on the Now Playing Movies screen

57ad7cf4476d5_NewSkinSettings1.png

2nd New Setting:

Controls the size of the Text on the Now Playing screen for both TV and Movies:

57ad7d3a7c9a0_NewSkinSettings2.png

Add Semi Circle Opacity Slider

57ad7d90523b1_NewSkinSettings3.png

https://github.com/Ghawken/FrontView/releases

No xml editing should be needed.....

Important if have custom skins - replace the xaml folder within and all its contents(all xaml files) with the default one from default skin - otherwise Coverflow screen will not be ideal

Addtional:

Demonstrate dealing with different coverArt sizes. Delete thumbnail cache from %appdata% - change CoverArt in Emby plugins - refresh library (big one).

After thumbnail download finished -

New CoverArt's display perfectly.... (no skin changes or xml editing needed)

(If thumbnails take forever may need restart to display probably - but after that all good )

New Covers -bit in the cover flow well.

57ad9ac5b41bb_NewCoverArtEmby1.png

57ad9b00b642c_NewCoverArtCoverflow.png

Edited by GlennNZ
  • Like 1

GlennNZ

Have to ask... Would mediainfo icons be possible in details screens??

Just when I was thought I was done!

No welcome to ask away - adding to issues screen in GitHub to keep track.

Not sure how much info on that front we get from the Emby plugin (which I could update) or what icons to use, screen real estate might be an issue on 800x480 as well.

Have checked do get audio codec, channels, and video height from Emby - had added those those for LCD screen icons version. Won't be saved in FV database though which would mean db upgrade for all. Might be easier to add to nowplaying screens ...

From those probably could get Dts/Dts-Hd/Dolby digital/ac-3 etc info and 720p, 1080p, 2160p info.

But will have a think when can.

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ

Xzener

Nice work Glenn... Was gonna mess around with Xaml to change my cover sizes in the details page. Glad to see there is now an option for it.

Ok, if you are Willing to give mediainfo icons a shot... Lemme know how you wanna go about it. During early Emby Theater Alpha testing, I gave Luke a bunch of vector mediainfo icons... But he decided to use the ones currently in use. The icons I gave him (he claims) are embedded in the server for use (I think). If you chose to go a different way, I can send you them myself.

I think they will look great in FrontView+. I will post a mockup this afternoon.

Edited by Xzener

Xzener

Glenn,

Is there a way to move the cover down (remote view) to align better with reflection when using the small cover??

57ae0c700a183_Capture.png

Edited by Xzener

GlennNZ

Glenn,

Is there a way to move the cover down (remote view) to align better with reflection when using the small cover??

57ae0c700a183_Capture.png

Hi,

That's the original layout - which might suit some so didn't want to change it. But did notice was a bit far away and happy to bring down.

Was thinking of also adding option for those on 480 deep screen to drop the large and v large down lower on the screen and have very little reflection so that it fits screen space? Would that be useful?

Glenn

• Like 1