FrontView+ [for Windows]iMon replacement, NowPlaying 2nd Screen

GlennNZ

Hi Glenn,

Yes that works, thank you!

So, I am now running build 235 with Plex Remote 164 (unblocked manually), and the time is displaying correctly.

It seems that most files are working okay, but a quick browse around my library and some failed to initiate frontview.

New logs attached.

Not sure if you need more info - like the output for a file where frontview isn't triggered?

lisa

FrontView+.log

GlennNZ

Hi Glenn,

Yes that works, thank you!

So, I am now running build 235 with Plex Remote 164 (unblocked manually), and the time is displaying correctly.

It seems that most files are working okay, but a quick browse around my library and some failed to initiate frontview.

New logs attached.

Not sure if you need more info - like the output for a file where frontview isn't triggered?

lisa

Good to hear

The outputs would be great for whatever files don't work and will aid them all together to be accepted

Meanwhile - can try this - which may fix some of these already.

165 - attached

Glenn

Remote.Plex.165.zip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remote.Plex.165.zip

Edited by GlennNZ

Hi Glenn,

Remote version 165 doesn't seem to be working at all, it is loaded, but frontview not initiating with any files that I playback.

Attach logs.

FrontView+.log

GlennNZ

Hi Glenn,

Remote version 165 doesn't seem to be working at all, it is loaded, but frontview not initiating with any files that I playback.

Attach logs.

Ooops

So annoying not being able to test it.

Uploading Plex 166 now

But some more output files would be great to troubleshoot.

Remote.Plex.166.zip

Edited by GlennNZ

GlennNZ

Thanks,

166 doesn't appear to be working either, attached the logs and two output files for two different videos.

lisa

Thanks - getting a bit annoying isn't it!

Have taken a different tack with this one.

Try attached 170.

Certainly will either work well, or will change the error message!

Glenn

Remote.Plex.170.zip

Ha, thanks for your perseverance!

This one seems to work on all the files I tried, so excellent, thank you  :)

However.. there seems to be some strange numbers at the beginning now.

I wasn't sure what logs you'd want for that, so I took another picture.

lisa

post-140146-0-91572600-1493991154_thumb.jpg

GlennNZ

Ha, thanks for your perseverance!

This one seems to work on all the files I tried, so excellent, thank you :)

However.. there seems to be some strange numbers at the beginning now.

I wasn't sure what logs you'd want for that, so I took another picture.

lisa

Great.

Changing everything to string obviously worked.

Will fix the numbers - soon'ish

(Probably tomorrow though!)

Glenn

GlennNZ

Okay, thank you again!  :)

Hi again,

Think have all sorted out.  Helped by fact sorted out Plex issues - so can troubleshoot & run.

In process of building uploading version 236/with new Plex remotes (now 175)

Give it a good test - and let me know if any other aspects that need fixing.

Have specifically added a Plex check for a filename containing Season/Episode Data (e.g S01E15)

If present - it will change mediatype/layout to TvShow layout and pull the Season/Episode data from filename and use that on screen.

It will also delete the remaining of the title

eg.

One of your examples:

How to Get a Council House s04e01 104 Channel 4 HD 2017-05-04 2200

With this should show this as TvShow and display the title as

"How to Get a Council House"

With Season/Episode Data underneath Thumb

Also Added for Plex:

- Updates to new Plex server (current as off server version 1.5.5.3634)
- More robust handling of future server changes
- Fixes for overlapping Movie/Recorded TV titles  (resizes titles correctly)
- Better channel fanart support for Plex
- Checks filename for S00E01 type data - if present - changes type to TvShow and correct fills show/episode data and edits title  (Removing S00E01 and everything following)
- Use Thumbnail if no Fanart Backdrop available for background and thumb (?okay)
- More checks for empty/null data from Plex server which was responsible for a few not playing events

Might have a look at Icon options for Plex if have time. (well that was quick - Plex doesn't have Icon fanart)

https://github.com/Ghawken/FrontView/releases

FrontView.1.236d.exe setup

Uploading version d now - didn't correctly change the title in all cases (fixed now)

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ

Crikey Glenn, that is fantastic!

I have just installed it and it is perfect (just discovered the slider to make the timer text bigger).

Thanks so much for this, a small token of my appreciation on its way.

lisa

GlennNZ

Crikey Glenn, that is fantastic!

I have just installed it and it is perfect (just discovered the slider to make the timer text bigger).

Thanks so much for this, a small token of my appreciation on its way.

lisa

Thanks. But don't worry about donating - not necessary at all! But thank you if this gets to you too late.

Let me know if other - even minor issues and can add to list

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ

• 1 month later...
GlennNZ

New Emby Server Plugin Version:

Emby Server FrontView+API Plugin updated to version 1.0.0.40

Supporting Emby Server 3.2.20.0 (breaking) changes.

Update on Emby Server Plugin Catalog.

Glenn

• 2 weeks later...
jjstecchino

Hello Glenn, glad to see you keep on improving frontview+, it brought new life to my old case and I really enjoy it

I got a new 4k TV and I am facing an issue. If I keep the tv native resolution @ 4k without any windows scaling the icons and text are impossibly small and hardly usable. If I introduce some scaling (say 200%) everything is beautiful but the front view screen is out of wack as it scales as well to twice the needed dimension. Would it be possible to have a check button or something to set front view to ignore scaling and keep the preset resolution?

Also the last few releases of frontview do not seem to be working right. They remains stuck to a grey screen. The emby plugin is the latest 1.0.0.40.

Another thing I have notice is that front view seems to dance between display 1 and 2. i.e.: front view set to use \\DISPLAY2. If I turn off the TV before the PC, next time I start frontview it will display on display 1 even if the settings read \\DISPLAY2. When it does that I have to change the settings to \\DISPLAY1, front view then will incorrectly show on the physical display 2, after a reboot it will show on display 1 (obeying the settings) and at this point if I change settings to \\DISPLAY2 it will show on display 2 and continue to do so if I reboot, unless I turn off the tv before the pc and when I forget I have to do the dance all over again.

GlennNZ

Hello Glenn, glad to see you keep on improving frontview+, it brought new life to my old case and I really enjoy it

I got a new 4k TV and I am facing an issue. If I keep the tv native resolution @ 4k without any windows scaling the icons and text are impossibly small and hardly usable. If I introduce some scaling (say 200%) everything is beautiful but the front view screen is out of wack as it scales as well to twice the needed dimension. Would it be possible to have a check button or something to set front view to ignore scaling and keep the preset resolution?

Also the last few releases of frontview do not seem to be working right. They remains stuck to a grey screen. The emby plugin is the latest 1.0.0.40.

Another thing I have notice is that front view seems to dance between display 1 and 2. i.e.: front view set to use \\DISPLAY2. If I turn off the TV before the PC, next time I start frontview it will display on display 1 even if the settings read \\DISPLAY2. When it does that I have to change the settings to \\DISPLAY1, front view then will incorrectly show on the physical display 2, after a reboot it will show on display 1 (obeying the settings) and at this point if I change settings to \\DISPLAY2 it will show on display 2 and continue to do so if I reboot, unless I turn off the tv before the pc and when I forget I have to do the dance all over again.

Hi

Obviously there a few separate things here:

1.  Scaling

You need to change the scaling settings for each screen - ie. 4K scaled, FrontView+ screen no scaling.

Some discusison in the Kodi forum - but all versions of windows allow per screen scaling settings.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=259087&pid=2558372#pid2558372

2.  "not working right"  

?

Doesn't particularly help to trouble shoot.

What happens - just a grey screen on starting?

Log would probably answer some of the reasons - if you could post debug/trace log that would be great :)

Other issues - probably not worthwhile tackling if you are running a 'old' version - as potentially fixed.

The display1/2 should automatic change to correct one once a new/additional screen is connected - I routinely turn off my Amp/and connected Display (annoying needs to be done to reset HDMI audio issues) and HTPC screen/Frontview jumps into one screen before returning to correct screen once both on again.

Glenn

jjstecchino

Glenn, thank you for your answer. Regarding the scaling, I have the tv on display1 with 200% scaling, front view on display 2 with scaling at 100% and front view is magnified. The only way to see front view at the right size is to set display 1 (TV) scaling at 100% as well. Other than the per monitor scaling is there any other setting that may be responsible for monitor2 not respecting the scaling?

Thanks

GlennNZ

Glenn, thank you for your answer. Regarding the scaling, I have the tv on display1 with 200% scaling, front view on display 2 with scaling at 100% and front view is magnified. The only way to see front view at the right size is to set display 1 (TV) scaling at 100% as well. Other than the per monitor scaling is there any other setting that may be responsible for monitor2 not respecting the scaling?

Thanks

If frontview scaling is 100% or 1 for its display - it should display correctly.

Probably does depend on version though as this has gone through a few changes in handling (largely driven by Kodi thread).  

Lets fix the new version problem first with a log and see what we are left with?

Glenn

jjstecchino

K.

I uninstalled and completely deleted my frontview+ install, including program files(x86) and app data and started fresh with 1.236d and 240 then beta. They behave similarly. Last version working well is 1.233. I believe problem started when you made some koi changes. I use emby.

What I referred as a grey screen  actually contains a lighter grey insert saying "Nothing". It remains stuck there but reverts back to functioning if I start a movie on emby theater. on 1.240 it remains stuck on the gray screen even if I start a movie

jjstecchino

Also it may be another clue, there is a persistent hourglass near the remote icon in the upper right corner

jjstecchino

In the log the following statemets are repeated over and over:

FrontView FANART    : Timer Result : <long>76</long>
[23:37:13.8839] FrontView PVR: : <string>nowPlaying.Filename is :  nowPlaying.IsPlaying = False isPlaying False isNewMedia:False</string>
[23:37:14.2639] FrontView+Api-EMBYAPI: : EMBY Server found - FrontView Checked
[23:37:14.2639] FrontView+Api-EMBYAPI: : EMBY -- CheckTimerTick: IsConnected:True connect:True
[23:37:14.3439] FrontView+Api-EMBYAPI: : --------------- PLAYER CONNECTION: IP 192.168.100.9:8096
[23:37:14.3439] FrontView+Api-EMBYAPI: : ------------------- Username Parent :WMS
[23:37:14.3439] FrontView+Api-EMBYAPI: : ------------------- CurrentUserID Parent :b2dde721a4234726867ab1a41dcfe100
[23:37:14.3439] FrontView+Api-EMBYAPI: : ------------------- EMBY TOKEN EQUALS :a3c2228401184f25a130ff37ea9e4cf4
[23:37:14.8940] FrontView FANART    : Timer Result : <long>77</long>
[23:37:14.9040] FrontView PVR: : <string>nowPlaying.Filename is :  nowPlaying.IsPlaying = False isPlaying False isNewMedia:False</string>
[23:37:15.3440] FrontView+Api-EMBYAPI: : --------------- PLAYER CONNECTION: IP 192.168.100.9:8096
[23:37:15.3540] FrontView+Api-EMBYAPI: : ------------------- Username Parent :WMS
[23:37:15.3640] FrontView+Api-EMBYAPI: : ------------------- CurrentUserID Parent :b2dde721a4234726867ab1a41dcfe100
[23:37:15.3740] FrontView+Api-EMBYAPI: : ------------------- EMBY TOKEN EQUALS :a3c2228401184f25a130ff37ea9e4cf4
[23:37:15.9240] FrontView FANART    : Timer Result : <long>78</long>
[23:37:15.9240] FrontView PVR: : <string>nowPlaying.Filename is :  nowPlaying.IsPlaying = False isPlaying False isNewMedia:False</string>

GlennNZ

In the log the following statemets are repeated over and over:

FrontView FANART    : Timer Result : <long>76</long>
[23:37:13.8839] FrontView PVR: : <string>nowPlaying.Filename is :  nowPlaying.IsPlaying = False isPlaying False isNewMedia:False</string>
[23:37:14.2639] FrontView+Api-EMBYAPI: : EMBY Server found - FrontView Checked
[23:37:14.2639] FrontView+Api-EMBYAPI: : EMBY -- CheckTimerTick: IsConnected:True connect:True
[23:37:14.3439] FrontView+Api-EMBYAPI: : --------------- PLAYER CONNECTION: IP 192.168.100.9:8096
[23:37:14.3439] FrontView+Api-EMBYAPI: : ------------------- Username Parent :WMS
[23:37:14.3439] FrontView+Api-EMBYAPI: : ------------------- CurrentUserID Parent :b2dde721a4234726867ab1a41dcfe100
[23:37:14.3439] FrontView+Api-EMBYAPI: : ------------------- EMBY TOKEN EQUALS :a3c2228401184f25a130ff37ea9e4cf4
[23:37:14.8940] FrontView FANART    : Timer Result : <long>77</long>
[23:37:14.9040] FrontView PVR: : <string>nowPlaying.Filename is :  nowPlaying.IsPlaying = False isPlaying False isNewMedia:False</string>
[23:37:15.3440] FrontView+Api-EMBYAPI: : --------------- PLAYER CONNECTION: IP 192.168.100.9:8096
[23:37:15.3540] FrontView+Api-EMBYAPI: : ------------------- Username Parent :WMS
[23:37:15.3640] FrontView+Api-EMBYAPI: : ------------------- CurrentUserID Parent :b2dde721a4234726867ab1a41dcfe100
[23:37:15.3740] FrontView+Api-EMBYAPI: : ------------------- EMBY TOKEN EQUALS :a3c2228401184f25a130ff37ea9e4cf4
[23:37:15.9240] FrontView FANART    : Timer Result : <long>78</long>
[23:37:15.9240] FrontView PVR: : <string>nowPlaying.Filename is :  nowPlaying.IsPlaying = False isPlaying False isNewMedia:False</string>

Thanks

They are expected - just shows appropriately connected.

Just post the whole log (turn on debug/trace)

If you delete your emby remote connection - what happens then?

thanks

jjstecchino

Thanks

They are expected - just shows appropriately connected.

Just post the whole log (turn on debug/trace)

If you delete your emby remote connection - what happens then?

thanks

Here is a full log:

FrontView+.log

jjstecchino

I I delete the remote, quit and restart it goes to a black screen with the remote icon and date/time in the upper right corner. If I click on the remote to add a new one nothing happen.

GlennNZ

Here is a full log:

Thanks

Random notes looking at log:

- Have you selected a resolution for FrontView from pull down box?  (its blank in your settings)

- Otherwise:

It connects to the server - pulls the most recently updated files/creates local db entries for and does not have any major errors.

(although you don't play a file in that log)

Leads me to think is a cosmetic xaml issue - think have found the issue (from looking at github code)

Appears to be a single visibility command in the xaml file that I haven't turned off in between updating.  

Not sure why might affect you and not me - may be fanart related; welcome to turn on fanart and see if goes away - until I can compile replacment exe)

Unfortunately can't compile here currently/not until home.

As temp trial - Turn on FanartAlways in xaml file or on settings screen (if can get to settings screen ! :(  )

So hopefully we can fix that pretty easily:

Leaves us with the screen issues - presume they are still there in this version? (even though obviously hard to tell)

Log shows that it realizes the screen has changed (which happens anytime a screen is reconnected and/or resolution changes)

Displays Frontview on Display2 with resolution of 800x600

&

Only happens once?  Does swap between screens I presume then.

Thanks

Glenn

jjstecchino

Set fanart always -> no changes, still grey screen. if i click on the remote icon i can get to front view.

If it helps it broke after 1.233.

Display 2 is set to 800x600. Still have the scaling issue.

After I posted I swapped receiver. the new one has hdmi passthrough even when off. With the new receiver I haven't noticed screen swapping yet.