FrontView+ [for Windows]iMon replacement, NowPlaying 2nd Screen

GlennNZ

GlennNZ

Ok what you need to do is update to the latest beta nuget package, then recompile the plugin and it should be fine at that point. Then you can publish a plugin update with 3.4.1.27 as the min required server version.

That error was with the latest beta nuget (62?) unless you have recently fixed? :)

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't sound like you've actually updated nuget. Try restarting visual studio.

GlennNZ

It doesn't sound like you've actually updated nuget. Try restarting visual studio.

Ok - thanks

Have restart Studio - and shows 3.3.38 Installed...

Using CLI to reinstall Beta 3.3.62beta MediaBrowser.Server.Core

Fails with error

Install-Package : Package MediaBrowser.Common 3.3.62-beta is not compatible with netstandard1.3 (.NETStandard,Version=v1.3). Package MediaBrowser.Common 3.3.62-beta supports: netstandard2.0 (.NETStandard,Version=v2.0)

Presume NetCore1.3 (still listed in wiki and target) is no longer compatible?  This is the likely reason for the failure to install 3.3.62 - even though with Nuget Package Manager - did install and compile without error message.

Presume I edit the Project cs file - as I did so in the Wiki and can't alter now from within Visual Studio?

Glenn

Yea edit the project cs and change from netstandard 1.3 to 2.0. Then you'll be able to update nuget. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
GlennNZ

2jayyc6.png

579db30ce1b09_RedCurtain.png

New Version 1.285

- Changes Weather API to DarkSky.net API (given Weather underground has closed down their API)
Needs a DarkSky API key; available from DarkSky Free.  (allows 1000 calls/day should be plenty)
- Adds check for Currently screen if not displayed and should be
- Weather path check
- 32bit and 64bit versions of FrontView available.

Installation:

Acquire new DarkSky.Net Api Key from here:
https://darksky.net/dev/register

Install FrontView+ either 32 or 64 bit version.

Go to Weather Settings

Weather_Settings.png

Enter Latitude and Longitude of your location

Enter Desired Name/Location ID (can be anything)
Enter API Key
Weather Temp Units - as per DarkSKY API
Auto would seem best option.

Click Save and Wait or Restart Application.

Forecast_Weather_Dark_Sky.png

Glenn

Additionally:

FrontView+ Emby Plugin is updated to version 2.0.53 (in plugin store - should automatically update)

Functioning well currently with Beta Emby Server Version 3.6.0.2

• 1 month later...
jachin99

Can this show what is currently playing on a Emby for Windows Media Center Client.  Sorry for such a simple question but a search of the thread didn't give me too many clues.  Thanks. 

GlennNZ

Can this show what is currently playing on a Emby for Windows Media Center Client. Sorry for such a simple question but a search of the thread didn't give me too many clues. Thanks.

No problem.

In Emby’s case yes it should work and show nowPlaying screens for any client - windows, android, iPad, etc. (this is because emby unlike some of the other media plug-ins is server/client rather than direct to client. If emby server displays info about the WMC plugin like any other client it should work)

Obvious FrontView+ software is windows only though!

Glenn

jachin99

The PC cas I am building for this will only have emby clients installed on it. Sorry again but I want to be absolutely sure the screen does not only work on a case in which emby server has been installed. Thanks again

EDIT: I think I have it now.  "In Emby's case" can be taken one of two was in this instance so I wasn't quite sure. 

Edited by jachin99

GlennNZ

The PC cas I am building for this will only have emby clients installed on it. Sorry again but I want to be absolutely sure the screen does not only work on a case in which emby server has been installed. Thanks again

EDIT: I think I have it now.  "In Emby's case" can be taken one of two was in this instance so I wasn't quite sure. 

Hi again

FrontView+ needs to connect to a Emby Server.  After that it will display information for any Emby client.

Ideally that should be server should be on local network.

But just to clarify -

You are building new PC using 'Windows Media Center'?

The same WMC that was discontinued in 2009?

I'm not sure I would suggest this as the best way forward in 2018

Glenn

jachin99

I might but I haven't decided yet.  Its a toss up between WMC & Kodi at this point.  WMC is familiar to me, and I still like its simplicity.  Maybe this will be easier if I explain in more detail.  I have two machines.  

Machine 1 is a headless server with Emby server installed.  I would obviously have to install the server plugin on this

Machine 2 will be a media center PC (Either Kodi, or WMC) with the appropriate emby client installed, and will have the actual display.  

So I would want to view the media currently playing on Machine 2 via either a WMC or Kodi emby client.  

Will this work or do I need to have an instance of Emby Server on Machine 2 as well?  Sorry for all of the confusion.  

GlennNZ

I might but I haven't decided yet.  Its a toss up between WMC & Kodi at this point.  WMC is familiar to me, and I still like its simplicity.  Maybe this will be easier if I explain in more detail.  I have two machines.  

Machine 1 is a headless server with Emby server installed.  I would obviously have to install the server plugin on this

Machine 2 will be a media center PC (Either Kodi, or WMC) with the appropriate emby client installed, and will have the actual display.  

So I would want to view the media currently playing on Machine 2 via either a WMC or Kodi emby client.  

Will this work or do I need to have an instance of Emby Server on Machine 2 as well?  Sorry for all of the confusion.  

Ok:

You only need one Emby Server which can serve multiple clients.

Machine 1                                                    Machine 2

<Server>               ------------------------------  <Client1>

Plugin Installed      \                                     FrontView+ installed

\                                    Displaying Info from this client

\

\ Machine 3

<Client2>

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
jachin99

Is there a way to calibrate the touchscreen via Frontview +?  If not what can I use to do so that is compatible with Win 7?  The discs that came with my case look like they are for XP.  I found a version of the IMon software that is compatible with 7 but it doesn't include a calibration utility, and right now the touch controls for the screen are inverted.  Thanks. 

• 2 months later...
Hi,
Thank you very much for this good tool and the work that has been done. Actually, everything works fine, unfortunately I can not manage the weather. Can you please help me, what am I doing wrong. Thank you so much for your time and help.
greetings
Christian

5c473b06385cd_Zwischenablage01.jpg

<IPPort>5000</IPPort>

<IPAddress>127.0.0.1</IPAddress>

<Skin>EmbySkin Default</Skin>

<WeatherLoc>Munich, Bavaria</WeatherLoc>

<WeatherLongitude>11.5754</WeatherLongitude>

<WeatherLatitude>48.1371</WeatherLatitude>

<WeatherAPI>11111a28f****48a64435861e</WeatherAPI>

<WeatherUnit>auto</WeatherUnit>

<Homepage>Weather</Homepage>

GlennNZ

Hi,

Thank you very much for this good tool and the work that has been done. Actually, everything works fine, unfortunately I can not manage the weather. Can you please help me, what am I doing wrong. Thank you so much for your time and help.

greetings

Christian>

Hi,

Glad everything’s working

I might need debug log to figure it out - it’s the %appdata%/FrontView directory. May have a fairly obvious error within in.

Missing the log, and at first guess - it may be the comma in the Weather location ID? Would remove the comma and change to:

Munich Bavaria

alone and see whether that fixes?

The weather location Id is just a name that is given to this location, it is not used for any of the weather data - so could name it Home or whatever suits.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by GlennNZ

Hi Glad,

Once again, thank you very much for your help.

I found the mistake :)

The API was invalid, I got a new one and now everything works. Little Donate is on his way to you.

greetings

Christian

• 1 month later...
jachin99

I reinstalled windows, and had to reinstall Emby server, and frontview + along with its emby plugin.  I can't seem to get FV+ to show any kind of data.  I updated my location for example but I still get no weather data, and It gives me a bad parameters message when I try pointing it to emby server.  I'm using my emby server address, getting the mac from the IP, and using port 8096.  I tired disabling my firewall with no luck, and I allow frontview through my fiewall as an app but also still no luck.  What could I be doing wrong?  I also configured the emby server plugin to point at my desired client.  I also seem to remember setting up an API key for emby the last time I did this but I can't find that option anywhere now.  Thanks for the help. 

GlennNZ

I reinstalled windows, and had to reinstall Emby server, and frontview + along with its emby plugin.  I can't seem to get FV+ to show any kind of data.  I updated my location for example but I still get no weather data, and It gives me a bad parameters message when I try pointing it to emby server.  I'm using my emby server address, getting the mac from the IP, and using port 8096.  I tired disabling my firewall with no luck, and I allow frontview through my fiewall as an app but also still no luck.  What could I be doing wrong?  I also configured the emby server plugin to point at my desired client.  I also seem to remember setting up an API key for emby the last time I did this but I can't find that option anywhere now.  Thanks for the help. 

OK, well it is obviously something you haven't set up.

1. Weather is separate to FrontView receiving Embys info - need to setup Weather API for that.

2. Probably from the sound of it you have the settings wrong for your Emby remote connection:

There is an manual which still covers all of this.

You do need at least local firewall access.

The remote settings are the Emby IP address and port

e.g 192.168.1.209:8096

No need for the MAC address - just use the IP address

You need to make sure have selected Emby as type of connection.

You'll need a Emby local user/password for the user/password bit

or a user without a password (just leave password blank if isn't one is also fine)

3.  There is no Emby API key etc. needed

If you try

http://EmbyServerIP:EmbyPort/Frontview/

in a web browser - you should get some info, and this should change when client is playing.

Going through above - probably seems like haven't entered Emby User password details correctly.

Failing the above, or just figuring it out, could try attaching a log?

Can confirm is working on server 4.1.0.11

G

Edited by GlennNZ

jachin99

I'm on server version 4.0.2.0.  I typed in MYIP:8096/Frontview, and I get a response but I haven't checked with media playing.  I believe I have enabled all of the necessary server settings but I'll have to look again.  I'll attach logs, and take a detailed look tomorrow but I didn't want to go too long without responding to your help.  Thanks again, and I'll get back to you with logs, etc.  

Edited by jachin99

GlennNZ

I'm on server version 4.0.2.0. I typed in MYIP:8096/Frontview, and I get a response but I haven't checked with media playing. I believe I have enabled all of the necessary server settings but I'll have to look again. I'll attach logs, and take a detailed look tomorrow but I didn't want to go too long without responding to your help. Thanks again, and I'll get back to you with logs, etc.

Likely issue will be the Emby username/password - create a new local user if needed.

G

jachin99

I created a new local users, and tried that but I'm still not having much luck.  I haven't tried enabling emby connect on this server because I use that on a different server.  I enabled debug logging, and I'm attaching that.  I'm not sure if some update in my newer version of emby server is causing issues or what but I don't have a lot of experience with frontview to draw any conclusions from.  Once again I appreciate the help. 

FrontView+.log

GlennNZ

I created a new local users, and tried that but I'm still not having much luck. I haven't tried enabling emby connect on this server because I use that on a different server. I enabled debug logging, and I'm attaching that. I'm not sure if some update in my newer version of emby server is causing issues or what but I don't have a lot of experience with frontview to draw any conclusions from. Once again I appreciate the help.

Thanks for the log - does show error when try’s to connect to Emby. The returned data from Emby isn’t correct. Not quite sure why. I’m away at moment so can’t really test proper connection.

I’m on latest beta 4.1.0.12 or so server - which is newer than yours.

Otherwise might be a http:// security Emby setting - frontview only

uses http not https. Will check Emby documentation.

Check Emby settings/advanced

Secure connection mode:

Ideally should be disabled.

Edited by GlennNZ

jachin99

Thanks, and I'll take a look.  I'm not in a rush so I can wait for you to have a good look at it. 

jachin99

Dont waste any time looking at this just yet.  I might have figured things out. 

EDIT: Yep, i got it fixed.  I was on an old version.  

Edited by jachin99