FrontView+ [for Windows]iMon replacement, NowPlaying 2nd Screen

GlennNZ

• 2 months later...
jjstecchino

Hello Glenn,

I had to reinstall emby server, theater client and frontview+. The plugin on the server cannot pull any connected devices after hitting refresh list. The plugin version is 1.0.0.30, server version is 3.2.1.110 beta.

Any Idea?

GlennNZ

reinstalling the plugin solved the issue. thanks

Good to hear.

Sometimes takes a while to show up - Refresh doesn't quite do the correct job.

When new Emby client is detected it updates list.

(Can be anything from different web browser or mobile client etc )

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
GlennNZ

Version 1.233

Ok a few updates - as I have been ignoring updating this thread - sorry me bad..

Main Changes:

- add Time/Weather Screen - selectable as home screen

(Click FrontView+ top left Icon to return to this page)

mostlycloudy.png

Click FrontView Icon/Image Top Left to return to this screen

Select this screen as home screen in Settings/Other/Home Page, here:

Time_Weather_Selection.png

- added Support for multiple weather conditions fanart - changes backdrop depending on current weather conditions and cycles through.

Example (82mb) of weather fanart download from github site (installer exe file)

https://github.com/Ghawken/FrontView/releases/download/1.211/WeatherFanart.exe

6dqp7neek0s2cnc6g.jpg

6i376v3fosz9cmm6g.jpg

- Change Time size of NowPlaying screen selection to a slider - enabling fine control of time/duration/length display.

FVIconsback.png

- Fix for some Display not correctly restoring after sleep/hibernation

Releases here:

http://github.com/Ghawken/FrontView/releases

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ

GlennNZ

Guys, is it possible that I take a windows tablet and get this functionality via Wireless Display?

Possible to use standalone Tablet, would presume wireless display would also work - but is likely untested.

Glenn

• 1 month later...

Hi Glenn,

Been a while, I hope all is well!

I am still loving Frontview+ every day, until today, when Plex have broken it again. Grr. So sorry to be a pain.

I have grabbed some logs and I think we had something similar before, this seems to indicate the error:

Exception in NowPlaying Plex SystemSystem.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (3, 742). ---> System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an unsigned byte.

I attach the full log, and also the output from querying the plex server, as you have asked me to do previously.

Very much appreciate if you have the time to look at this, I really miss Frontview+ when it's not working!

lisa

FrontView+.log

Output.txt

GlennNZ

Hi Glenn,

Been a while, I hope all is well!

I am still loving Frontview+ every day, until today, when Plex have broken it again. Grr. So sorry to be a pain.

I have grabbed some logs and I think we had something similar before, this seems to indicate the error:

Exception in NowPlaying Plex SystemSystem.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (3, 742). ---> System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an unsigned byte.

I attach the full log, and also the output from querying the plex server, as you have asked me to do previously.

Very much appreciate if you have the time to look at this, I really miss Frontview+ when it's not working!

lisa

Hi again,

Thanks for the output and logs.  Also what version Plex Server are you running?  (and will try to update to same)

I think this is possibly a Plex issue I'm afraid.

Your output straight from the Plex server (before FrontView does anything) has this at the beginning:

MediaContainer size="1">
<Video addedAt="Exception in NowPlaying Plex SystemSystem.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (3, 742). ---> System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an unsigned byte1493673539" art="/library/metadata/58931/art/1493922722" createdAtAccuracy="epoch" createdAtTZOffset="3600" duration="4022054" guid="com.plexapp.agents.

Where there should be a Video addedAt integer/number - instead there is a Plex generated error.

This is then used by Frontview and causes the error (its expecting a number instead).

Oddly though the same offset is given in both logs (3,742) -- Hmm - you haven't accidently copied this there have you?

Double check the output file - is that correct?

Might be possible to work around this error message in FrontView Plex - but basically shouldn't be there.

But will look some more.

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the fast reply and for taking the time to look.

It is entirely possible that I made a mistake when collecting the logs, so I have done it again (attached).

Many thanks!

FrontView+.log

output.txt

GlennNZ

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the fast reply and for taking the time to look.

It is entirely possible that I made a mistake when collecting the logs, so I have done it again (attached).

Many thanks!

Thanks - that is different - and not a Plex problem.

Try this one.

I'm having major issues - updating Plex - well finished that - but now when play files for some reason plex lists nothing in its /clients api.  This is what Frontview uses.

Obviously some at my end - but basically means I can't check and see whether working.

Try this remote.plex.dll (replace the other one - but probably wouldnt delete it!)

Glenn

Remote.Plex.zip

GlennNZ

Actually

Probably better off trying this one - added your data to it as well as updating

Remote.Plex.dll version 160

Last was 155

Glenn

Remote.Plex.160.zip

Hi Glenn,

Still no go, sadly.

I was running version 1.203 of Frontview+ because with the newest version I got some additional numbers after the total time remaining with the plex plug-in.

I have now upgraded to the latest version (1.2.33) I have also rebooted the server, and tried all three of the plex remotes (1.40 / 1.55 / 1.60) but no joy.

I do have Kodi installed on the same machine, and can confirm that Frontview works fine with that.

So, definitely Plex have broken something!

More logs attached with latest version of Frontview (1.233) and latest Plex Remote (1.60).

I suspect these lines aren't good:

[07:55:13.1326] FrontView-Plugs : Plugin : C:\Program Files (x86)\FrontView+\Plugins\Remote.Plex.dll refused to load

[07:55:13.9139] FrontView+    : Error plugin not loaded for API : Plex

lisa

GlennNZ

Hi Glenn,

Still no go, sadly.

I was running version 1.203 of Frontview+ because with the newest version I got some additional numbers after the total time remaining with the plex plug-in.

I have now upgraded to the latest version (1.2.33) I have also rebooted the server, and tried all three of the plex remotes (1.40 / 1.55 / 1.60) but no joy.

I do have Kodi installed on the same machine, and can confirm that Frontview works fine with that.

So, definitely Plex have broken something!

More logs attached with latest version of Frontview (1.233) and latest Plex Remote (1.60).

I suspect these lines aren't good:

[07:55:13.1326] FrontView-Plugs : Plugin : C:\Program Files (x86)\FrontView+\Plugins\Remote.Plex.dll refused to load

[07:55:13.9139] FrontView+ : Error plugin not loaded for API : Plex

lisa

Hmm

Hopefully just a loading issue/file upload issue

I get

[17:22:02.0205] FrontView-Plugs : Loading : C:\Users\Vwin7\Source\VisualStudio15\Oct16FrontView\FrontView\bin\x86\Debug\Plugins\Remote.Plex.dll[17:22:02.0645] FrontView-Plugs : Plugin : Plex (Version : 160)
I'll upload it again - and try again.

Shouldn't be file permissions?

Should work with older version 203 should be fine.

Shouldn't need to restart server.

Glenn

Remote.160.Plex.zip

Edited by GlennNZ

Thanks Glenn,

I have a bit more of an idea of what to look for now.

I can tell if the Plex Remote has loaded by opening Frontview - going into the remotes section, and seeing if it's present in the drop down menu.

That is easier than looking at the logs.

I have tried various combinations and the only one I can seem to get to work is Frontview version 233 with plex remote version 140.

But this gives some odd characters (screenshot attached).

I can't get the other two remotes to load (155 and 160), they don't show up on the drop down menu.

I have even tried re-booting the HTPC each time to see if that would help, but it didn't.

At least Frontview is working again though!  :)

post-140146-0-69011200-1493971280_thumb.jpg

GlennNZ

Thanks Glenn,

I have a bit more of an idea of what to look for now.

I can tell if the Plex Remote has loaded by opening Frontview - going into the remotes section, and seeing if it's present in the drop down menu.

That is easier than looking at the logs.

I have tried various combinations and the only one I can seem to get to work is Frontview version 233 with plex remote version 140.

But this gives some odd characters (screenshot attached).

I can't get the other two remotes to load (155 and 160), they don't show up on the drop down menu.

I have even tried re-booting the HTPC each time to see if that would help, but it didn't.

At least Frontview is working again though!  :)

Hmm.

The old Plex remote 140 will have issues with some of your other files (like before) I suspect.

Still can't quite work out why you can't load those new versions and I can without problem.

Running out of solutions.

Try this one.

I believe we just need to fix the dll not loading issue - which still might be file permissions or similar?

G

Remote.Plex.161.zip

Edited by GlennNZ

Hmm.

The old Plex remote 140 will have issues with some of your other files (like before) I suspect.

Still can't quite work out why you can't load those new versions and I can without problem.

Hmm. The machine that Frontview is being used on is Windows 10 64bit - all patched with latest windows updates.

GlennNZ

Hmm

Hopefully just a loading issue/file upload issue

I get

[17:22:02.0205] FrontView-Plugs : Loading : C:\Users\Vwin7\Source\VisualStudio15\Oct16FrontView\FrontView\bin\x86\Debug\Plugins\Remote.Plex.dll[17:22:02.0645] FrontView-Plugs : Plugin : Plex (Version : 160)
I'll upload it again - and try again.

Shouldn't be file permissions?

Should work with older version 203 should be fine.

Shouldn't need to restart server.

Glenn

Found the problem I think

Instead try this 162.

(But if doesn't post a debug and trace log - your example above was only log.)

And if any doubt - can replace the Frontview.exe with that attached - which should get to the bottom of the problem - just post its logs.

G

Remote.Plex.162.zip

FrontView.zip

Edited by GlennNZ

GlennNZ

Hi Glenn,

Still no go, but looks like there may be something helpful in the logs this time!

Yah!

I agree.

Try this frontview replacement exe

It seems to be that windows10 (unlike 8 I'm running of dev machine) recognises that it has been downloaded from the web - and doesn't allow it to run - unless Frontview gives permission.  I presume that if I assembled the full setup.exe replacement it wouldn't have this problem - and can do that next if this doesn't work.

Have been able to test now - download the upload version and replaced that - same error message.

Error message gone with below version Frontview.

So...  Hopefully 162 loads - and we can see what is left to fix (back to the original issue!)

The time code short be fairly straight-forward.

Glenn

FrontView.1.235.zip

Edited by GlennNZ

Ah, yes, i do get a lot of security warnings when I am copying the file over.

The problem still seems to be there, I tried running as administrator but it didn't make any difference.

New log.

FrontView+.log

GlennNZ

Ah, yes, i do get a lot of security warnings when I am copying the file over.

The problem still seems to be there, I tried running as administrator but it didn't make any difference.

New log.

Bugger.

Try right clicking on the dll - and click the unblock button down the bottom as first try.

G

GlennNZ

Uploading new setup.exe 1.235

https://github.com/Ghawken/FrontView/releases

I would be hopeful that this new version shouldn't have this issue. 

And once running 1.235 should be able to run web downloaded versions in Frontview of the plex.dll - so we can update as needed to fix the text stuff - which I'll look at now anyhow.

G

Edited by GlennNZ

The unblocking worked!  :D

Thanks so much for that, I really appreciate your time and efforts.

I checked that it works in both the version 1.233 and with the new frontview.exe (1.235).

Also it works if I install 1.202 with Plex Remote 162, once I unblock the remote (that combo works best for me).

With the unblocking, I have to do it twice, the first time shows up errors, but the second time works.

Hurrah!!!!

lisa

GlennNZ

The unblocking worked!  :D

Thanks so much for that, I really appreciate your time and efforts.

I checked that it works in both the version 1.233 and with the new frontview.exe (1.235).

Also it works if I install 1.202 with Plex Remote 162, once I unblock the remote (that combo works best for me).

With the unblocking, I have to do it twice, the first time shows up errors, but the second time works.

Hurrah!!!!

lisa

Yah!

I would stick with 1.233 - and happy to fix any lingering issues with the plex connection and 1.233

Have attached Plex remote 1.164 - which should fix the time duration extra millseconds being displayed

(Hopefully - still can't test)

Glenn

Remote.Plex.164.zip

Edited by GlennNZ