Emby client app design for LG Web OS

Artweb1991

I'm new to the app..

I'm looking to get an emby server address so I can use it in lg tv app..

Please advise

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

I'm new to the app..

I'm looking to get an emby server address so I can use it in lg tv app..

Please advise

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Hi there @@cris90, welcome. Please check out our quick start guide:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Quick%20start

Let us know if you have any additional questions. Thanks !

• 4 weeks later...

Hey. The app looks nice. Looking forward to try it on my TV. However, the screenshots did not show an option to view a trailer of the selected movie. Is that not included in the app? That would be a real shame... :-(

• 2 weeks later...
deiniol39

Do you have any updates to give on this app. I like Screenplay but it is very limited. Would be nice to be able to delete episodes after watching them instead of logging into my iPad and using the app to delete what I have just watched.. Would like to take out the middle app as to say.. You can with the Plex Server app for LG tv's. I'm guessing if plex can do it, so can you guys.. :-)

kwilcox

Good idea that would also be relatively easy to implement!  I'm thinking add a "Delete" button to the Item screen.  I'll add that to the screenplay enhancement list.

Hi Luke,

Will this app be open sourced? If yes, can you please share GitHub repository? I would like to see the code and maybe try to help if I have some spare time.

Regards

Hi Luke,

Will this app be open sourced? If yes, can you please share GitHub repository? I would like to see the code and maybe try to help if I have some spare time.

Regards

The core app is not, but the default skin is open source. What would be a great thing to do is fork the default skin and add your own modifications. You can even start working on it now before the app even launches, because all you need to build a skin is the Chrome browser:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-302-learn-how-to-create-skins-for-emby-theater/

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty excited for an official app. I downloaded the third party one, and although I haven't really gotten to play with it much, it seems to work well.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
neptunepic

Hi Luke, any update on the native webOS app? Just got my LG OLED with webOS3 and would love to try it out.

Thanks!

neptunepic

Hi again, is there any update on the official Emby app for webOS? I can't find anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

We are working on preparing another app submission for the LG store. We recently submitted, they came back with a couple issues, and we are working on them. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I used plex but didn't work with my synology - they are have some idiot transcoding and synology haven't power for this. When i install emby i feel easy. Maybe you haven't a lot of options but simple, work, i can watch on 2x samsung TV and 2x android 720p at this same time without problems. Resume option work very well for me it's very important.

I only wait for my main LG Smart TV app and i order Emby premiere. Good work guys !

Thanks for the feedback. We are working on getting our LG app released so please stay tuned.

• Like 1