Theme: blue neon night

speechles

dredd1963

Hi mate will do that at the weekend for you, is a 16.9 film in 4.3, which i cant understand as the film is only 3yrs old.

dredd1963

Just downloaded v398,but according to the txt file its v396, so my nowtv box wont update the file as v396 is installed already.

Just downloaded v398,but according to the txt file its v396, so my nowtv box wont update the file as v396 is installed already.

My bad. Didn't realize I forgot to update the sideloadable zips. Have updated them now, if you clear the browser cache and redownload it should get the v3.98 now. My apologies sir. :) Edited by speechles

mikeraburn

speechles

My options row defaults in the order of search, preferences, change server, etc etc.

Is there a way I can manually change that ordering to have your new fancy favorites as no. 1, resume as no. 2, and latest as no. 3?

Why not put the bling upfront and center????

Since your new items I have moved my options row to the top from the bottom.

dethknite

A user posted earlier in this thread about an issue with Mixed Content libraries not showing up as "expected" (like in the Emby roku app).  I am experiencing this same issue.  Normally, the Mixed Content libraries show up similar to the TV and Movies with a Library thumb as the first box, and then the options box... I tend to leave it on recent and so it is followed by a smattering of recents.

In the Emby Blue Neon these libraries show up simply as a list of recents (seen below).

58541699585e1_IMG_20161215_230806.jpg

I personally have these libraries all sorted in folders so that navigation is controlled through that... and this appears correctly in Web (see below), FireTV, and default Roku app.

5854164e4362b_2016121610_28_17Home.png

58541663caba5_2016121610_26_40CatholicMe

Is it possible for me to get these to show up in such a way that I can navigate them as folders?

New Version: v3.99

* add preference to choose options row button placements

* add christmas logo back (HO HO HO)

* add visible +Number to username with also watching user count

As requested, there is a new preference "options buttons". This has two settings, Original and Bling. Bling moves them right after the search as 2nd,3rd and 4th buttons of the options row. Original will leave them as they are.

366adbe908d9551e6fa293bbd31ecead.jpg

70ab99dc36efcf52520efc35ef10e7d2.jpg

Merry Christmas, remember the christmas logo from last year? :)

Also enhanced the also watching a bit. Now there is a visible + next to the username when others are also watching your session and a count of how many after it. This only affects the homescreen where the username and clock are shown.

d1be038074bdfa77bf49db5c41ba81ad.jpg

Updated all links in first post, even sideloadable zips this time. Have fun. ^_~

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

A user posted earlier in this thread about an issue with Mixed Content libraries not showing up as "expected" (like in the Emby roku app).

Is it possible for me to get these to show up in such a way that I can navigate them as folders?

The odd part here. It does appear the same for mixed libraries in both emby roku apps, official and blue neon, identical. It isnt showing recent items. It is showing all of your items in that library section, saving you a click.

Do you mean, you want the library tile, then the toggle (latest, jump-in,resume,favorites) tile, then relevant items for what the toggle is on? If so, this can be looked at to add, sure. It can possibly be done the same way I already have it work for homevideo and musicvideo types. I will look into this more and get back to you.

Edited by speechles

The BLING button !!!!

This is truly a wonderful Christmas present!

Thank you one and all!

Of course, you are a VIP, so any changes you want will happen as fast as possible and take priority. Heh

I also could not think of anything to call the preference in the limited amount of room there is for text. I remembered the word "bling" you used to reference those 3 views (favorites, continue watching, and latest). Hmm.. So as an inside joke, thats why I used it.

Tis the season to be jolly. The logo change was required to give it that whimsical jolly feeling. Merry christmas to all as well. :)

dethknite

The odd part here. It does appear the same for mixed libraries in both emby roku apps, official and blue neon, identical. It isnt showing recent items. It is showing all of your items in that library section, saving you a click.

Do you mean, you want the library tile, then the toggle (latest, jump-in,resume,favorites) tile, then relevant items for what the toggle is on? If so, this can be looked at to add, sure. It can possibly be done the same way I already have it work for homevideo and musicvideo types. I will look into this more and get back to you.

That sounds splendid if it is possible.  I would be happy simply with the folder view as old roku app (below), but having the library tile and options tile would rock.

58559410c00a8_IMG_20161216_234957.jpg

New Version: v4.00

* fix folder view

Fixes the folder view issue. This was caused by me using "&recursive=true" when folder views should never have this. What it does it causes the entire structure to flatten. My apologies, this is now resolved.

Updated all links in first post, even the zips. Enjoy

@@dethknite This will resolve your issue for now. I will have folders showing a library tile, and a toggle tile in the next release. The toggle will flatten all items in each library to display its content. Just like the toggles work in the other library types. So it will work faster (ie, less button clicks) to get to favorites, latest, that kind of thing. Then you would use the main library button to enter the nornal folder view.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 2

dredd1963

Hi mate

Will have to leave the sample film for the mo! As ive got to figure out how to reduce the file size when cutting a clip for you to look at, with christmas upon us wont have the time.

What i can tell you is that the files with this issue were recorded from tv onto a dvd recorder. The issues are either a 16.9 film recorded in 4.3 format with black bars top and bottom and wide screen tv shows squashed into 4.3 format with black bars either side

Which play fine on the dvd recorder but not when encoded to mkv.

dethknite

New Version: v4.00

* fix folder view

Fixes the folder view issue. This was caused by me using "&recursive=true" when folder views should never have this. What it does it causes the entire structure to flatten. My apologies, this is now resolved.

Updated all links in first post, even the zips. Enjoy

@@dethknite This will resolve your issue for now. I will have folders showing a library tile, and a toggle tile in the next release. The toggle will flatten all items in each library to display its content. Just like the toggles work in the other library types. So it will work faster (ie, less button clicks) to get to favorites, latest, that kind of thing. Then you would use the main library button to enter the nornal folder view.

You sir, are outstanding!  

mikeraburn

@@speechles

When you have time, no rush, could you check your last pushed update for the x265 auto detect, please?

I am getting more than usual transcoding x265s, BUT it could be MY sources.

I am off all this week so I am BLINGING more than usual.

Blinging = Using Blue Neon

Edited by mikeraburn

Ok will do, do i find this info plz?

What info? Im not sure I understand...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

New Version: v4.01
* add library/toggle view to mixed item types and photos
* add folders first to folder views
* fix play-from-context when used on audio
* add search max preference and logic for it

There is now a full library/toggle view for mixed and photo libraries. Also fixed the "play from context" to always pick the right audio to play. In mixed views, both video and audio are combined. The app strips out video items when creating a track list. So knowing the exact audio you clicked on in the full context is now correctly associated always to the right audio item you pressed play on. This affects when you directly press the play button on an audio item in a row versus using the ok button.

The folder view was placing folders in alphabetical order with playable items. Now folders will be placed first in the row, and items in alphabetical order after it. This makes it far easier to navigate the library.

The limit in search, was stuck in stone at 50 items per row. This limit now has its own preference. You can raise this all the way to 500 if you like. This should make finding things via search ridiculously easy. I am NOT a fan of artifical limits and this was the one area the limit may have been frustratingly low.

Update all links in first post, even the zips. Have fun. :)

• Like 1

mikeraburn

@@speechles

The new Continue Watching in Bling isn't working for me today.

It says Section Empty and that should not be the case.

It worked well yesterday.

The Suggested section is populated though. 

@@mikeraburn

Odd.. I never changed any of the code for that section (FavConScreen.brs). It works fine for me.

7436ee04da08c0b6fd48c6873d5ab7d1.jpg

It might be timing out for some weird reason. If you restart your server does it fix the issue? What version of the server are you using? If you enable debug in app, and use the debug logs screen when scrolling through the logs does it show errors?

Regarding your x265/HEVC issue, I never touched that code either. You can "force directstream" on it, and if the roku refuses it, it will fall back to transcoding. If it falls back it is the file the roku doesnt like.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

mikeraburn

@@speechles

I am running server 3.1.0.0

I restarted the server process and still no content. Even restarted the Ultra.

Looked in the debug log and got a headache.

This may just work itself out for me as yours is working, no biggie.

The x265 is isolated to that batch of content.

I figured that would be the case.